PDA

View Full Version : Player Rankings Thread

draftguru151
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Discuss the new rankings. Make sure to keep and clean and no responses like "they suck". Nothing wrong with disagreeing but give reasoning.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Sam Keller should be in the top five QB rankings.Keller>Ainge.
Zbikowskie shouldnt be the #1 S.Cant cover.

Turtlepower
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I like Josh Barrett being in the top 5 safeties in the country, but no love to ASU center Mike Pollack?

scottyboy
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
i just think that Ray Rice should be listed in the underclassmen RB's and Courtney Green with the underclassmen Safety.

duckseason
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I like Josh Barrett being in the top 5 safeties in the country, but no love to ASU center Mike Pollack?
I was actually just about to post about him. Just wanted to point out that he is much faster than Zbikowski and the majority of the others on that list. But I'm sure those 40 times will be refined and adjusted as the season progresses. Oh, and Scott doesn't have him as top 5 in the country. He has him as a top 5 senior.

Pittbc7
08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Zbikowski runs in the in 4.4s, he is plenty fast. He tries to overcompensate for the lack of other good players in the ND secondary.

duckseason
08-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Zbikowski runs in the in 4.4s, he is plenty fast. He tries to overcompensate for the lack of other good players in the ND secondary.

Hmm. Well, he doesn't look as fast as Barrett from where I sit. Zbikowski's speed looks average to me. Barrett looks like a sub 4.4 guy. Could be wrong though.

bearsfan_51
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Ernie Wheelwright will be a day one pick. That is all.

soybean
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
erik ainge over john david booty? puhlease. Won't matter since Booty is winning the heisman this year.

princefielder28
08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
erik ainge over john david booty? puhlease. Won't matter since Booty is winning the heisman this year.

Booty's height cost him there, and Ainge's potential is much greater than Booty's.

Turtlepower
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Hmm. Well, he doesn't look as fast as Barrett from where I sit. Zbikowski's speed looks average to me. Barrett looks like a sub 4.4 guy. Could be wrong though.

Too bad Zbikowski can't punch people out on the playing field cause that is the only thing he is truly good at. =D

Fitzgerald11
08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Sam Keller should be in the top five QB rankings.Keller>Ainge.
Zbikowskie shouldnt be the #1 S.Cant cover.

No **** on Zbikowski. If Z is the #1 safety, this has to be a very weak class of safeties.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Id actually have to say its the S position thats the worst in NDs secondary.He cant cover to save his life which is why he'll either be a boxer or a special teams player.

Staubach12
08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I definately think Colt Brennan should be over Henne And I personally would have Sam Keller over Henne, too. I'm not a big fan of Kyle Wright at all, and I think he's too high. I would have Ali Highsmith higher. He is undersized, but in the right system, he could be a star. I would put Antoine Cason over Terrell Thomas, too. Tom Zbikowski is too high. He's not the #1 senior safety unless he can play the way he did his sophomore yeae, which I'm not too hopeful about.

BamaFalcon59
08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Disagree on...

Frank Okam- #4 overall prospect
Chad Henne- #8 overall prospect
Colt Brennan- #9 overall prospect
John Carlson- #12 overall prospect
Tom Zbikowski- #32 overall prospect/ #1 S
Yvenson Bernard- #9 runningback
Steve Justice- #6 center
Xavier Adibi- #6 outside linebacker
DJ Parker- #17 free safety

Gosder Cherilus over Barry Richardson

ironman4579
08-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I definately think Colt Brennan should be over Henne And I personally would have Sam Keller over Henne, too. I'm not a big fan of Kyle Wright at all, and I think he's too high. I would have Ali Highsmith higher. He is undersized, but in the right system, he could be a star. I would put Antoine Cason over Terrell Thomas, too. Tom Zbikowski is too high. He's not the #1 senior safety unless he can play the way he did his sophomore yeae, which I'm not too hopeful about.

I could see Brennan, but why Keller? I could see on size, but what else really? He has a worse TD/INT ratio than Henne, a worse completion %, and less experience. I'd say Henne has a stronger arm, and just looking at the numbers, is more accurate and makes better decisions as well. I have to say I haven't seen Keller all that much, and Henne can frustrate the hell out of me at times, I'd just like to know your reasoning for why Keller should be higher.

Hines
08-06-2007, 10:50 PM

josh barnett is a beast..love watching him...but he will move to linebacker in the pros

Giantsfan1080
08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
This is more of a suggestion but is there anyway Scott could put arrows next to the players based on further rankings. After a month when Scott changes the rankings I'd like to know if a guy's stock has gone up or down. I'm not sure if this would be difficult to do but I think it would be a great addition to the site.

draftguru151
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
This is more of a suggestion but is there anyway Scott could put arrows next to the players based on further rankings. After a month when Scott changes the rankings I'd like to know if a guy's stock has gone up or down. I'm not sure if this would be difficult to do but I think it would be a great addition to the site.

That sounds like a really good idea.

Cashmoney
08-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I may come off as a homer saying this but i dont care. Jonathan Hefney is the next Bob Sanders. He'll probably go in the second round like Bob Sanders as well.

Scott Wright
08-07-2007, 02:52 AM
As anyone who has been around the board a while probably knows I am usually leading the "Tom Zbikowski is overrated" debate but he gets the #1 spot mainly because there aren't any great senior safeties in this class. The top three to four are actually relatively close in my mind but I gave the edge to Zibby for a couple of reasons:

1) He's not as bad as he looked last year and, as someone mentioned, he often had to try and cover up for the mistakes of others (i.e. Chinedum Ndukwe) which is why he was always seen chasing guys down on big plays.

2) He is a great natural athlete, has good speed, rates super high on the intangibles scale and is also a decent return man.

Now I definitely don't think he's a first rounder but he's a Day One guy and while he may never be an All-Pro I do think he's the type of player all good teams have, even if it is in a reserve or special teams role.

ncst8fan83
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Scott, what are your thoughts on Marcus Stone at TE this year? Do you think, given a good year, he could get drafted? Thanks.

TACKLE
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Scott do you expect Jonathan Hefney to make a switch to Corner in the Pros.

Staubach12
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I could see Brennan, but why Keller? I could see on size, but what else really? He has a worse TD/INT ratio than Henne, a worse completion %, and less experience. I'd say Henne has a stronger arm, and just looking at the numbers, is more accurate and makes better decisions as well. I have to say I haven't seen Keller all that much, and Henne can frustrate the hell out of me at times, I'd just like to know your reasoning for why Keller should be higher.

It's pretty close between the two, but I like Keller because he has the higher ceiling and is ultimately a better pro prspect. Keller has the better size, and I like his ability to move in the pocket. Henne may have the stronger arm, but I just don't know about his other abilities as a passer. He's a great college player who's overcome critisism in his early career, but as a pro prospect, I don't see him as a player with a high ceiling, while Keller is.

Man_Of_Steel
08-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I need me some Malcolm Jenkins, hes not on the underclassman list.

Hines
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Does anyone else think that Bowman could turn out like Woods?

ironman4579
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
It's pretty close between the two, but I like Keller because he has the higher ceiling and is ultimately a better pro prspect. Keller has the better size, and I like his ability to move in the pocket. Henne may have the stronger arm, but I just don't know about his other abilities as a passer. He's a great college player who's overcome critisism in his early career, but as a pro prospect, I don't see him as a player with a high ceiling, while Keller is.

I'm not sure about a higher ceiling, but I agree that Henne is a bit of a statue back there. Personally, I feel Henne has the better potential, but that's personal opinion, and my Maize and Blue colored glasses may be affecting my vision a bit on this one.

goblue8888
08-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Brennan is a system qb and nothing more. I would rank him as late 2nd round prospect.

JETS5128
08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Does anyone else think that Bowman could turn out like Woods?

D'juan, Rashaun?

duckseason
08-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Brennan is a system qb and nothing more. I would rank him as late 2nd round prospect.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If he truly were a system QB "and nothing more," then he would likely still be on the board in the 6th or 7th round, if he were drafted at all. You have to be a pretty solid prospect to be selected in the 2nd round. Brennan is the real deal. He is a legitimately talented QB who happens to play for a team and in a system that produces gaudy numbers. Would Jay Cutler be nothing more than a system QB if he had played for Hawaii instead of Vandy? Do you even know what Brennan's greatest strengths and weaknesses are?

Hines
08-07-2007, 11:36 PM
D'juan, Rashaun?

rashaun the productive one

Bearsfan123
08-10-2007, 12:40 AM
What can you guys tell me about Marcus Monk? Would he be a good possesion receiver? Somebody Moose could groom? And what round does everyone think he will go?

jared
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
While I like seeing CSU's Kyle Bell make the RB list, he took a medical redshirt last year and is still a junior. Anybody think Navy FB Adam Ballard has a shot at the pro's?

georgiafan
08-10-2007, 01:09 PM
I was high on Eric Ainge and then I saw his stats vs. the elite SEC teams. His numbers was alot worse agianst the elite teams then the weaker teams. I know he had a good game agianst Georgia, so if you take that game out it would only get worse. So I would probley drop him a few spots plus I think he has surgery on arm.

asu2100
08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Love the Josh Barrett love. If he stays healthy the whole season i can see him beign one of the top 2 or 3 safties.

neko4
08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
QB's: Severly disagree w/ Hene>Brennan
I really dont feel that Henne has the mobility or pocket pressence to be good against heavy pass rushes. Also Brennan's weight needs an update.

HB's: Wow Choice at #1?? I wouldve liked to hav seen Yvenson be higher, and where's Keon and Ball?

WR's: I think Dorien and Monk should be higher, thats my only real problem.

myinnerself
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM
I go to school and USD and also work for the football team. I see every practice from the field, and let me just say that Josh Johnson can flat out play. He is a pretty darn gifted kid athletically. He ran a 4.56 or something this spring, I am positive it was a 4.5 something, and there is no way he only runs a 4.7 as Scott has it listed. He needs to bulk up big time, but he has a real big arm, is extremely accurate, has great escapability and pocket awareness, but most importantly, he has a great football mind. You should see him just dissect defenses in both practices and games. The kid comes off the field every play during practice talking about the coverages he sees, and he often talks to the defensive players and coaches after a series to make sure what he thought he saw was what they were actually running. He has an EXCELLENT football mind. He just needs to bulk up. Have you seen much of him Scott? If so, what do you think?

BerninWI
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Why isn't Jack Ikegwuonu listed in the top underclassmen category of your cornerback rankings? He is a redshirt junior...so he has a higher propensity to declare. Talib surely isn't better than Ikegwuonu. Their height and weights are comparable, Ike has a better build, he's faster, a better tackler. He was arguably the best cover corner in the nation last year production wise, and obviously Sporting News (I believe that was the particular publication, either way it was a reputable one) noticed, rating him as the best player period in the Big Ten. Rivals or College Football News had him rated as the #2 corner in the nation behind Cason I believe. Leon Hall was torched on multiple occasions last year (never came even remotely close to occurring with Ikegwuonu), yet he was your #2 corner and 12th in your mock. Ikegwuonu is a great college player with great measureables. What more can you ask for? Sure, I'm a Wisconsin fan, but I compare him very favorably to past Wisconsin players too. He's an even better college player than Jamar Fletcher who won the Thorpe Award. And a superior pro prospect because he's 3 inches taller, 35 pounds heavier, and probably a little faster. I can't give him enough praise for his abilities. He deserves the accolades and more. He should be on your underclassmen list and projected into the first half of the first round of your mock. GBNreport has it correct.

keylime_5
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
What can you guys tell me about Marcus Monk? Would he be a good possesion receiver? Somebody Moose could groom? And what round does everyone think he will go?

I think Scott has Monk too low. He's not a speed guy, but he's 6-6/220 and had 900+ yds. and I think it was 11 TDs last year in the SEC on a run heavy team with no good QB. Probably a day one pick IMO, maybe 2nd round.

KCJ58
08-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Craig Stevens should be a top 10 TE

Packers-Cardinals
08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Tom Zbikowski should not be the number one safety. He gets toasted in coverage in every game he plays.

Addict
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Tom Zbikowski should not be the number one safety. He gets toasted in coverage in every game he plays.

and the existence of Kenny Phillips makes it impossible to be #1 for Zbikowski.

P-L
08-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Talib surely isn't better than Ikegwuonu.

I think Talib is the best junior CB in the country. And many NFL Draft sites have Justin King and Aqib Talib as the top two junior CB out there. Phil Steele has Talib rated as the top CB in the entire nation, regardless of class. In fact, I have yet to find an NFL Draft site that has Ikegwuonu rated higher than Talib. So I have plenty of reason to believe that Talib is the better of the two.

keylime_5
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM

I think the kid from Tennesse is the top senior personally. Phillips and any other good junior who declares will definitely go first though, the year for the safety was 2006 and 2007.

BerninWI
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I think Talib is the best junior CB in the country. And many NFL Draft sites have Justin King and Aqib Talib as the top two junior CB out there. Phil Steele has Talib rated as the top CB in the entire nation, regardless of class. In fact, I have yet to find an NFL Draft site that has Ikegwuonu rated higher than Talib. So I have plenty of reason to believe that Talib is the better of the two.

I cited an NFL draft site already in my previous post who has Ike rated higher. http://www.gbnreport.com/2008projection.html Unless they aren't projecting Talib to declare. But they did project 11 underclassmen to get picked in the first round so I doubt that. Phil Steele is a Badger hater. He also has the Badgers rated lower in the preseason than any other publication. James Hardy only had 1 catch and 8 yards against Ikegwuonu. Marcus Monk only 1 catch and 13 yards. Manningham had about 4 catches for 40-45 yards in three quarters (he was injured for about a quarter and Manningham scored both his TD's against the other Badger corner). Dorien Bryant had 33 yards against Ikegwuonu all on short comebacks. He didn't allow a TD pass or long ball all season. The proof is in the pudding. Plus he's fast enough to run McFadden down from behind. He's been clocked in the 4.3's. He's 205 and he's about as good of a run stopping corner as there is in the nation. What's he missing? I don't expect you to be as well schooled about him as Badger fans. I'm informing you that I can't imagine there's a better corner or cornerback prospect in the nation period. He'll get his due with the Badgers getting more publicity this season. Hype is somewhat created by momentum, and people are starting to take notice around the country.

P-L
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm a Big 10 guy. I've seen a solid amount of Ikegwuonu (although admittedly not as much as Badgers fans). I really like the guy and I think he's the best CB in the Big 10 (despite me being fans of Jenkins and King). However, I was extremely impressed in the games I saw Talib play. Based on what I've seen and what I've heard about him, I like him a little more. My main point was not really to debate who is better, but that I don't think it's safe to say that one is easily or "surely" better than the other.

I love the junior CB class. I think personally, I would take any of the top six junior corners (Talib, Ikegwuonu, Jenkins, King, Flowers, Smith) over the top seniors (Cason, Thomas, Bowman).

Packers-Cardinals
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
and the existence of Kenny Phillips makes it impossible to be #1 for Zbikowski.

He's the number one senior safety. I don't understand why Scott doesn't add juniors who are likely to declare for the draft to the rankings. Then Phillips would definitely be number one.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
He's the number one senior safety. I don't understand why Scott doesn't add juniors who are likely to declare for the draft to the rankings. Then Phillips would definitely be number one.

There's no guarantee that anyone comes out. It would be wrong of Scott to rank players that are not fully committed to being a member of the 2008 NFL DRAFT.

josh07039
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I know its Rutgers hommerism perhaps, but what about Mike Fladell? He is a mountain of a man.

Bearsfan123
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Marcus Monk injured.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7111290

Hi! O-HI-O for Cleveland
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Kalvin McRae is the most underrated football player in the country. I'm not saying place him in the top 5 or anything, but he should be higher.

OhioState
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Malcolm Jenkins does not get burned either. This kid is 6-1 205 and runs a 4.3-4.4, he is the best corner in the nation in my slightly biased opinion.

BufFan71
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Where is Jordan Dizon?

joercky
08-17-2007, 03:17 AM
I thought underclassmen should have included Brandon Flowers and Brandon Ore.
I think both are legit 1st day picks and Flowers should be a 1st rounder.

etk
08-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I understand he's inexperienced and unproven, but Matt Flynn is underrated on your QB rankings.

ncst8fan83
08-27-2007, 03:36 PM
i suppose i'll ask again...

Scott, what are your thoughts on Marcus Stone at TE this year? Do you think, given a good year, he could get drafted? Thanks.

Crow
08-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah, that'll get his attention.

So who are we looking at in terms of the best SAM backer prospect? Big guy who can check the TE, but also shed and make plays in the backfield.

Pittbc7
08-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Time to recognize Craig Steltz....very underrated safety

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
The rankings are really good and brought seem people to mind that I didnt really know or think of, I have a few that I think should get some consideration, some more than others: Enjoy:)

Bret Meyer QB/WR Iowa State, may be this years Brad Smith.
Micah Andrews RB Wake Forest, if he wasn't hurt so much he would be much more noticed.
Tony Burks WR Miss. St. , Huge(6'4" 217) and is a big deep threat.
Lavelle Hawkins WR Cal , Overshadowed by Jackson, but makes some great catches and is quick.
Brent Schaffer WR/QB Ole Miss, 5 Star Juco at QB, switched to WR this season, very gifted player, hes got to show alot in one year though it might me to steep of a hill to climb.
Hercules Satale OG Hawaii, This years talented O-Lineman from Hawaii didnt get that much PT due to the stellar line last season.
Marcus Coleman C Wisconsin, Very Talented Anchor for Wisconsin's Line.
Cliff Avril DE/LB Purdue, Had a monster year but could of been because of the attention Anthony Spencer had, time will tell.
Titus Brown DE/LB Miss St., Absolute Terror, could be this years 3-4 linebacker that slips into the First Round.
Martrel Brown DT NC State, Overshadowed by Pressley but IMO is way more talented and didnt get as much PT as he should of because Tank Tyler was their last year.
Lorenzo Williams DT Missouri, Has a nose for the ball and is always in the backfield.
Casper Brinkley LB/DE South Carolina- Played DE last year, Jaspers twin brother, can really get to the QB, is making the switch to LB this year.
Brandon Miller LB Georgia- Highly recruited LB, has had injury problems previously, very special player though
Charles Godfrey CB Iowa- HUGE (6'1" 208), suprisingly VERY FAST, makes plays all over the field, by far this years sleeper coming into the season, IMO first round potential.
Stanley Franks CB Idaho- Juco Transfer, who is just a flat out playmaker, needs to put on 10 lbs., but he can play.
Khayyam Burns CB Arkansas State- Big CB, who is a can make big stops and plays.
Jack Williams CB Kent State- Tiny (5'9" 180 lbs.), perfect nickel CB, one of the top run stopping corners, has a nose for the ball.
Drew Kelson S Texas- Highly recruited prospect who finally gets to play since others have moved on.Very physical saftey, likes to play in the box.
Joe Fields S Syracuse- Played QB until last season, adjusted very well could be that Syracuse DB that gets drafted high (A. Smith, T. Jackson) if he continues to learn the position as quickly as he has shown.
Nehemiah Warrick S Michigan St.- HARD HITTING SAFTEY, one of few bright spots on the team.

phunnypharm
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM

As an NFL prospect???

YES!!!!

Booty plays with TONS of talent around him, in a pass-happy offense, and against weaker defenses than Ainge. Booty also tends to stare down his targets.

Ainge completed 67% of his passes in a TRUE pro-style offense against SEC defenses. He also is taller, and has a MUCH quicker release.

Shiver
09-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Martin Rucker is a beast, that is all.

Shiver
09-14-2007, 08:41 PM
My QB Rankings:

1. Andre Woodson
2. Brian Brohm
3. Erik Ainge
4. Matt Ryan
5. Colt Brennan

etk
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Martin Rucker is a beast, that is all.

Any TE who's athletic enough to play tailback is fine in my books. When looking at elite TEs you want to identify the players who become the focal point of their respective offenses. Rucker is that guy. There's no way John Carlson is a better prospect.

Shiver
09-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Not to mention he has NFL bloodlines. That has to count for something.

jared
09-18-2007, 09:55 AM
KSU WR Jordy Nelson needs to be on the WR rankings, among the top 25 IMO. He's listed at 6'3" 217 and was a track star in HS w/ a 10.63 and 21.64 in the 100m and 200m, respectively.

Turtlepower
09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Josh Barrett now up to the #1 Safety... Very nice. He has been playing with an injury that has severely hampered his play, so hopefully he regains his form from last year. He has actually almost lost his starting spot to JC transfer Troy Nolan, but I see him bouncing back now that PAC-10 play will start. I am also upset to see Ryan Torrain drop to the #4 RB spot even though he has played this year mostly injured. When he comes back, he will certainly be the focal point of our offense and a force to be wreckened with.

Man_Of_Steel
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Id like to see Jonathan Stewart added to the Jr. backs. Also RB Dexter Jackson and S Corey Lynch Seniors from Appalachian State I think should be in the rankings.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Nice to see Cory Boyd make a big jump. I was waiting for that Matt Ryan bump for a while as well.

draftguru151
09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Nice to see Cory Boyd make a big jump. I was waiting for that Matt Ryan bump for a while as well.

About time. :D

Green-Ellis took a nice jump up to. Really like the new rankings.

Turtlepower
09-21-2007, 12:09 PM
How Alexis Serna has fallen. I remember when he was talked about as highly as Mason Crosby and Janikowski. I also believe that Ray Maulaluga and Brian Cushing should be a part of the underclassmen in ILB and OLB, respectively.

Cashmoney
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
theres actually a lot of underclassmen left out but its a great list anyway. kinda surprised eric young is the number one guard considering the vols cant run block this year.

Turtlepower
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
theres actually a lot of underclassmen left out but its a great list anyway. kinda surprised eric young is the number one guard considering the vols cant run block this year.

They also don't have a quality RB to run block for as well. At first I was upset that Brandon Rodd from ASU was left off, but after watching him play this year I realized that he is vastly overrated.

Pit Bull #53
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
They also don't have a quality RB to run block for as well.

Yeah, Foster can be productive and break tackles but he is very slow, and Coker needs to mature and get tougher. I think Lennon Creer will be our best back when he develops. He seems to be a good combination between the two.

And on Eric Young, he was very very good at RT last year, and this year at LT there has been no drop off from Sears to him.

Jon Hefney has played like complete crap this year though. He's been god awful

Travis 24
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
No Anthony Alridge???...Man, I like him more than Garrett Wolfe..and he went in round 3. Alridge is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast...even if he is just a KR/PR, and an occasional 3rd-down back/WR...he is still a tremendous weapon.

And he moved Girault up in the safety rankings. :) Him and Greene are solid as hell back there..

Broncos_fan_from_uk
09-21-2007, 07:52 PM
after 3 weeks of college football there have been 2 surprise players who have really stood out to me. in fact these are 2 guys who i think will be drafted at least top 10 at thier respective postitions and who are ranked much lower. they are S Jamal Lewis from GT and LB Jordon Dizon from CU. both are simply natural football players who are allways around the ball. what is your take on these players scott?

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Cardiac Cat... few things...

Bret Meyer QB/WR Iowa State, may be this years Brad Smith.

Bret Meyer isn't nearly as fast as Smith.. Meyer is probably going to clock in the mid 4.6's, Though I think he's a more physical version (clocking in at 6'3 220) I think he could play WR but would be more of a project than Smith.

Hercules Satale OG Hawaii, This years talented O-Lineman from Hawaii didnt get that much PT due to the stellar line last season.

He started all 14 games last season at LG. He's very talented, but he's not exactly imposing in any sense.. at 6'1/6'2 300lbs and running a 5.32 spring 40. I think he could be a solid center, and maybe a RG with some more strength work, but I don't see him as a great G prospect.. But I think he could be a pretty good and squat Center.

Brandon Miller LB Georgia- Highly recruited LB, has had injury problems previously, very special player though..

I really Like Miller, but his spring 40 time is really going to push him down draft boards. He's got Pro Size already, but a 4.93 40 is going to really make teams shy away. I think if he cuts it down 1-2 tenths he should be a late day 1 early day 2, but if not, UDFA with maybe a round 7 flier.

Travis 24
09-22-2007, 08:32 AM
No Anthony Alridge???...Man, I like him more than Garrett Wolfe..and he went in round 3. Alridge is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast...even if he is just a KR/PR, and an occasional 3rd-down back/WR...he is still a tremendous weapon.

And he moved Girault up in the safety rankings. :) Him and Greene are solid as hell back there..

My bad...he has Alridge at 11, thats much better. He was 23rd or something in the old rankings...