PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most athletic player in college football?

TouchdownUSC
08-06-2007, 06:07 PM
who is the most athletic?

im going DMac, but i think Harvin is a very close second

Michigan
08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Tebow?

I'm still going with the guy I mentioned in your first thread, Everson Griffin. Darren McFadden, Arrelious Benn, and Percy Harvin would be my next 3 picks.

princefielder28
08-06-2007, 06:11 PM
DeSean Jackson

Turtlepower
08-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah I don't know why we need two threads, but I'm still going with Pat White.

Turtlepower
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
DeSean Jackson

I think Desean is the most versatile player in college football.

TouchdownUSC
08-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I think Desean is the most versatile player in college football.

how so? i mean he is a phenominal receiver/return man but i see harvin being more versitle as he can play other positions like RB. as far as i know desean never played running back?

elway777
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Benn wasn't even the most athletic WR in his class.

Turtlepower
08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
how so? i mean he is a phenominal receiver/return man but i see harvin being more versitle as he can play other positions like RB. as far as i know desean never played running back?

But is Percy Harvin exceptional at RB. IMO, Jackson is the best WR and the best KR/PR in the country. He can be a #1 receiver in the NFL unlike a former Ohio State WR and can make an instant impact with his returning skills. Has Harvin shown that he can be an elite player at two positions because I think the Jackson is one of the few people in this class who can.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Harvin is a poor man's Reggie Bush, as of NOW. He is an exceptional Running Back and a threat at Wide Receiver. I think DeSean Jackson is the most athletically talented player in the game right now. He's arguably the fastest player. He's a threat every time he touches the ball no matter where it is on the field. I think when it comes to the athleticism DMC, DJackson, and Harvin are neck and neck.

elway777
08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Micah Johnson RB/LB is a mentionable.

BigJohn98
08-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Drew Weatherford is above and beyond anyone in the country.

keylime_5
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Homer answer: Brandon Saine :)

OhioState
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
tim tebow does not deserve to be on the list.

gstock05
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Whats this based on?

I'll put in my two cents. Size + speed, or Purespeed = best athlete.

1. Jamaal Charles- 6'0 and around 200 lbs and ran a 10.05 (or something close to that) 100 meter dash. He IS a freak athlete.

2. Everson Griffen- 6'5 260 and ran an electronically timed 4.5 forty. pretty damn good if you ask me.

3. Brandon Saine- fastest highschool sprinter in Ohio state history. Broke the records as a junior and never did track again as a senior. Not to mention he's 6'1 and will play at 220 + pounds in college.

4. Taylor Mays- just a freak athlete.

Don Vito
08-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I would say Harvin based off of the little we saw of him last season, we will have a lot more to measure him by in 2007.

My homer pick is Brian Toal who has done well as a goal line RB and OLB.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Martez Wilson is a better athlete than Griffen; so Griffen's name needs to stop being mentioned.

Jhawk386
08-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Since this is most athletic, and not best player, I'm going with Richard Gordon out of Miami.

constant cough
08-07-2007, 08:21 AM
I voted other since Early Doucet isn't on the list. You know the guy penchs like 400lbs right?

Michigan
08-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Martez Wilson is a better athlete than Griffen; so Griffen's name needs to stop being mentioned.

(off Rivals)
Griffen: 6'4 266 4.56 405 bench max
Wilson: 6'4 230 4.58 25 reps 31" vert 4.37 shuttle

I'll take the extra 36 lbs and go with Griffen.

TACKLE
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Jonathan Stewart deserves a mention. He's 5'11 230, ran a 4.34, power cleans 385 and benches 410. That's a pretty crazy size/speed/strength combo.

duckseason
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, this question is tough without a flat definition of "athletic." A lot of people interpret that word differently. For me, it doesn't really have a lot to do with how good a football player you are. Otherwise you could just ask who the best football player is. I'd be judging overall size, strength, stamina, agility and speed. Don't know enough about all the kids across the country to pick a guy.

HoopsDemon12
08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Most atletic player is easy for me... he can trow the ball a good distance.. has decent accuracy... played baseball and excelled in it.... fastest QB in college and i think if he goes as a pro QB he will inherrit vicks spot as the fastest QB... he is agile and can break tackles.. Pat white is an easy pick for me

duckseason
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Most atletic player is easy for me... he can trow the ball a good distance.. has decent accuracy... played baseball and excelled in it.... fastest QB in college and i think if he goes as a pro QB he will inherrit vicks spot as the fastest QB... he is agile and can break tackles.. Pat white is an easy pick for me

Hmm. According to that criteria I could make a case for Dennis Dixon. Not that I would though.

HoopsDemon12
08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Hmm. According to that criteria I could make a case for Dennis Dixon. Not that I would though.

well he may be one of the most athletic players... for me athletic means overall... not how good of a football player.. i mean an athlete is someone that excels at many sports... can jump high, run fast, great agility, strong... because some players are great at a sport because they are tactitions and have great technique.. these are guys who have the raw abilty and talent

fischbowl
08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
DeSean Jackson

Jackson and White are two sport stars. ((baseball))

elway777
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Djax was allstate in 3 sports at Poly.

TimD
08-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Ray Rice! + 10 char

gstock05
08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Forgot to add Eric Berry to that list. He deserves some praise.

mqtirishfan
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
My short list would include:
Percy Harvin
Everson Griffen
Sergio Kindle
DeSean Jackson

Also, next year I'd consider putting Matt Patchan up there.

themaninblack
08-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Robert Rose. remember that name, and i dont even like tOSU.

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Glad to see Tim Tebow have no votes, nor does he deserve any.

Any Quarterback that can't even throw the ball doesn't even deserve to be listed as the most athletic player.

soybean
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Glad to see Tim Tebow have no votes, nor does he deserve any.

Any Quarterback that can't even throw the ball doesn't even deserve to be listed as the most athletic player.

what the hell are you talking about? how do you know he can't throw?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah, this question is tough without a flat definition of "athletic." A lot of people interpret that word differently. For me, it doesn't really have a lot to do with how good a football player you are. Otherwise you could just ask who the best football player is. I'd be judging overall size, strength, stamina, agility and speed. Don't know enough about all the kids across the country to pick a guy.

Yeah, when it's best athlete you can go by that(my preferred way as well), best player as you mentioned, or even best at lots of stuff. So say there was a guy who played football, and was also on the basketball and baseball team, or whatever. Kinda the way they give athlete of the year in high school(or at least at mine), who was good at the most sports.

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
what the hell are you talking about? how do you know he can't throw?

Well he did play all 14 games last season and only threw 33 passes... which to some QB's would equal out to a one game statistic. He was only about 200 yards under DeShawn Wynn for rushing... and he had two more rushing TD's then Wynn.

So until he really shows that he can get the ball to his receivers which is the main job of a quarterback, the last time I checked. I can't see him being the most athletic player at the college level, until he performs his main job and thats being a QB.

soybean
08-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Well he did play all 14 games last season and only threw 33 passes... which to some QB's would equal out to a one game statistic. He was only about 200 yards under DeShawn Wynn for rushing... and he had two more rushing TD's then Wynn.

So until he really shows that he can get the ball to his receivers which is the main job of a quarterback, the last time I checked. I can't see him being the most athletic player at the college level, until he performs his main job and thats being a QB.

there was a reason he didn't throw in situations he was put in. He didn't need to. That wasn't the game plan for him. As for him having to show he can throw; i know high school highlights are nothing to brag about but if you do use those as a measurement for judgment, he has a pretty strong and accurate arm.

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm just saying at the collegiate level he hasn't proved himself to be an overall athletic player because he hasn't shown any throwing ability... all we've seen him his run off left tackle. Therefore, you can't consider him to be athletic if he hasn't even proved his owned position thus point.

TouchdownUSC
08-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm just saying at the collegiate level he hasn't proved himself to be an overall athletic player because he hasn't shown any throwing ability... all we've seen him his run off left tackle. Therefore, you can't consider him to be athletic if he hasn't even proved his owned position thus point.

When did Tebow ever play a whole game as a starter yet? he has a powerful arm and is very strong and mobile. i should have put Jonathan Stewart on this list

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
When did Tebow ever play a whole game as a starter yet? he has a powerful arm and is very strong and mobile. i should have put Jonathan Stewart on this list

If Tim Tebow was as good as everyone says he is, he should of easily been able to start of SEC worst Chris Leak.

TouchdownUSC
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM
If Tim Tebow was as good as everyone says he is, he should of easily been able to start of SEC worst Chris Leak.

its tough beating out a senior in the SEC. i dont know to many freshman that start as QBs in the SEC

jbeans187
08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
My criteria for athlete is speed, strength, quickness, and size. I voted for McFadden, but usually pass rushing DEs and Recieving TEs are the best overall athletes.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Calais Campbell deserves a mention.

Sniper
08-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Because Leak wasn't already a 3 year starter or anything. Nope. He didn't know the offense. Nope. He didn't win a national title. Nope. None of those right?

Hey according to your logic how come it took Troy Smith so long to start? He only had to beat out Justin Zwick.