PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will draft OT in round 1

KCStud
08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I and every other Chiefs fan can almost gaurantee KC will be drafting an OT next year.

Kyle Turley-Gianed weight but still looked bad last year. 32 yrs old
Will Svitek(throwing punches in camp and always in coaches dog house)
Chris Terry-FA picked up off the street last year 32 yrs old
Kevin Sampson-Never healthy. Always hurt

And now the only FA LT they got, Damion McIntosh, just got hurt in camp today. Possibly tore his ACL, but not for sure.

So ya. KC should take one of the big uglies next year in round 1...If they don't, then KC will probably erupt and go on strike lol

princefielder28
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Scott's mock follows that belief and people outside of Kansas City couldn't argue against it

Fitzgerald11
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Jordan Black is a terrible LT. He's not athletic and has poor footspeed.

kmartin575
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Jordan Black is a terrible LT. He's not athletic and has poor footspeed.

And Jordan Black is in Houston now and has nothing to do with KC.

Our left tackle for now is McIntosh who has looked good in camp but who could miss some time with a knee injury depending on how severe it is.

But either way McIntosh is 30 and we need our long term answer at left tackle unless Will Svitek steps up.

keylime_5
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Sam Baker and Jake Long should be gone before they pick (unless Croyle totally bombs). Barry Richardson might be a possibility, or Gosder Cherilus if he rises up the boards. Even if McIntosh comes back, he's like 30 or so I think and their RT is neither proven nor a hot prospect.

villagewarrior
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
And Jordan Black is in Houston now and has nothing to do with KC.

Our left tackle for now is McIntosh who has looked good in camp but who could miss some time with a knee injury depending on how severe it is.

But either way McIntosh is 30 and we need our long term answer at left tackle unless Will Svitek steps up.

loti.

I have high hopes for Svitek, but even if he does prove himself we still need another offensive tackle.

HoopsDemon12
08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
IMO when you start rebuilding an offense... the line is where you need to start... and wow how quickly things change... two years ago this wouldnt even be an argument... i think they have to try and grab Long or Baker... althought for the left side i would take baker... i really dont think Long is gonna last long on the left side in teh pros... no pun intended

villagewarrior
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
IMO when you start rebuilding an offense... the line is where you need to start... and wow how quickly things change... two years ago this wouldnt even be an argument... i think they have to try and grab Long or Baker... althought for the left side i would take baker... i really dont think Long is gonna last long on the left side in teh pros... no pun intended

The Chiefs needed offensive linemen two years ago. Anyone with a brain should've realized the line was getting old and they needed to look to the future.

draftguru151
08-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Guaranteeing something right now is a bit ridiculous. Yes you guys really need a LT, but many things between now and the draft can happen that has to do with players in the NFL (players on the team, FA). Also you don't know what guys will be there when you pick and what you will need. Croyle may have an awful year or LJ might be shipped out and if that happens and you guys are in position to take the top RB or QB you might, or the value for an OT might not be there where you are picking. Most people understand KCs need for OL, but making a thread saying you almost guarantee they'll take a OT in the first round of a draft that is 9 months away is a bit out there.

SAGA45
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Most people understand KCs need for OL, but making a thread saying you almost guarantee they'll take a OT in the first round of a draft that is 9 months away is a bit out there.

There's always the possibility the Chiefs could go another route in the first round. However, the bottomline is that OT will be a priority. If not the first round, they'll take an OT on the first day - something they haven't done since 1999 and are now feeling the repercussions of doing so.

Here's an article I wrote on the subject: Unfinished Business at Offensive Tackle (http://wildbillschiefs.com/cgi-bin/commentary.cgi?action=display&num=451)

P-L
08-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Welcome to NFLDC Carl Peterson. You are the first NFL GM to join this site.

TACKLE
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
If KC ends up with a Top 3 pick (which I think is definite possiblity) and with LJ poetentially not with them next year, they could go with with Darren McFadden. If they were picking that high they'd like to take Jake Long but it would be hard to pass up on DMAC.

YAYareaRB
08-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Unless they throw games against the Raiders, they'll could probably end up with Sam Baker.. barring a monster year and performance at the combine.

Crickett
08-25-2007, 03:15 AM
I and every other Chiefs fan can almost gaurantee KC will be drafting an OT next year.

You'd think so, but this is the NFL and teams don't always find the answers staring them right in the face with big neon letters. You'll see. They'll do something else. Like draft a cornerback or linebacker. Or a wide receiver. Yeah I know they just drafted a wide receiver in the first round. Watch em do it anyway.

Philliez01
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
It's impossible to guarantee, sure right now it seems to make a helluva lot of sense and I agree with you BUT it's August still. Neither season has started yet. If they do think Brodie Croyle is the future then, they are in a better situation as they already have the proverbial "Franchise Caller" and they have LJ/Bowe long-term.

But still, I could say that the Colts will draft a DT in Round 2 but that's too bold.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
KC's Oline looks horrible.Its almost down there with Oaklands.

Scott Wright
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Have to agree. The only other direction I could see them going is quarterback is Croyle continues to struggle.

adschofield
08-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Have to agree. The only other direction I could see them going is quarterback is Croyle continues to struggle.

Scott, I absolutely love your quote in your sig, that was easily the best and worst commercial that I have ever seen

Addict
08-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Scott, I absolutely love your quote in your sig, that was easily the best and worst commercial that I have ever seen

I agree, it annoyed but stuck with you.

on-topic, I'd like to say O-line (most likely OT) is the main concern, even if Croyle struggles (BTW Huard was named the starter), you could still argue it's the weak line, so I'd say get the trenches sorted first before looking at replacing the guys behind it.