PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pre-Season Thread**

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:19 PM
This is the official place to squawk about pre season and pre season related topics...

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Lets hope the Offense steps up and shows us something! Willis needs to be runnin hard, and Steve needs to show at least a willingness to go downfield, just try thats all Im asking.......just try!

jkpigskin
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
hey guys
long time no talk

man, im excited for this season... some crazy stuff the past month or so... signing our draft picks, getting jared gaither... the cherry on top would be signing tsuggs....

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 02:33 AM
I just want max effort from the players and coaches, you don't have to wow me in the pre-season but come Week 1 I want the post season commentary to be announcers shocked at the Ravens' and their domination.

niel89
08-08-2007, 03:40 AM
i want big clarence to get atleast 1 td in preseason.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
i want big clarence to get atleast 1 td in preseason.

I predict a Kyle to Clarence TD in the 2nd quarter of monday night's game against the Eagles.

And btw I hate to ***** and wine about something in the preseason but did anyone notice that they chose to put the Broncos @ 49ers on national tv instead of us. Little disrespect to 2 division winners for 2 teams that didnt even make the playoffs.

America
08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I predict a Kyle to Clarence TD in the 2nd quarter of monday night's game against the Eagles.

And btw I hate to ***** and wine about something in the preseason but did anyone notice that they chose to put the Broncos @ 49ers on national tv instead of us. Little disrespect to 2 division winners for 2 teams that didnt even make the playoffs.

That was kind of lame. I won't be able to watch the game now. Thank goodness they have NFL gametracker on nfl.com.

I'm interested to see what Prescott Burgess can do. He's got potential to be our top backup at MLB and eventually even start. And I'm also interested to see the three young corners from last year compete.

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 02:36 PM
That was kind of lame. I won't be able to watch the game now. Thank goodness they have NFL gametracker on nfl.com.

I'm interested to see what Prescott Burgess can do. He's got potential to be our top backup at MLB and eventually even start. And I'm also interested to see the three young corners from last year compete.

I wouldn't expect to much from David Pittman, because word out of camp is that he's not impressing.

ccB
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
It really dissapoints me to hear about David Pittman sucking a fat one, I was really high on him last year and was thrilled we drafted him. I think Ronnie Prude is the best out of the young guys. My personal favorite is Derrick Martin, he has the raw skills to be amazing, just needs to develop the mental side of the game. We should call him the Kyle Boller of CB's! ok that was cheap.

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
It really dissapoints me to hear about David Pittman sucking a fat one, I was really high on him last year and was thrilled we drafted him. I think Ronnie Prude is the best out of the young guys. My personal favorite is Derrick Martin, he has the raw skills to be amazing, just needs to develop the mental side of the game. We should call him the Kyle Boller of CB's! ok that was cheap.

Very Cheap!

Anyway, yeah Pittman is a head scratcher to me, maybe this level is too much for him? Obviously Prude made the best strides to come up from an UDFA to actually playing, but I as well like Martin. He plays good special teams and I could see him getting some dime action this year. He's from Wyoming, whats not to like?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Since none of them can throw we can call them all the Steve McNair's of defense!

ccB
08-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Since none of them can throw we can call them all the Steve McNair's of defense!

That was cheaper than my intially cheap joke!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2007, 02:47 PM
That was cheaper than my intially cheap joke!

I only made it because you started it.

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
They were both equally cheap.

dcarey20
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Top 5 Players to Watch:

Quarterback Troy Smith - He should see a good deal of time after McNair and Boller. He started off a bit slow, but he's stepped it up the past few practices and has the 3rd quarterback spot on lockdown. I hope he can make some nice throws and maybe we even get to see some of his running ability.

Cornerback Derrick Martin - I've already said that he's one of my favorite 'young' guys on the team. He's got ridiculous potential and has been impressive in camp. I think he's the best out of the group of Pittman, Oglesby, and Prude, with Prude a close 2nd. I'm excited about him and Prude, and to be honest, it wouldn't shock me to see those two starting for us down the road. For a UDFA and 6th rounder, that would be great.

Running back P.J. Daniels - Unlike some others, I was a fan of the P.J. Daniels pick back in 2006. The front office said that he reminded them a bit of Chester Taylor, and they still seem to like him. He didn't get to see the field in the 2006 regular season, so I'm hoping he gets alot of reps during this pre-season. With Musa on a 1 year deal and Mike Anderson being 34 years old, Daniels could have a future as Willis' backup or a 3rd down back in the near future.

Linebacker Prescott Burgess - Burgess has really turned heads in camp. It started with a big hit on Willis and he's just continued to impress since then. He has done everything to make me think that he should have a spot on the 53 man roster, and could be one of the stars in this first pre-season game.

Linebacker/Defensive End Antwan Barnes - Another guy who was turning heads, as he saw alot of time with the first team defense when he was healthy. He got amazing athleticism and his tweaked ankle should be better by the time of the scrimmage.

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Mike Anderson is a young 34 dammit!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Top 5 Players I'll Be Watching.....

1. Jared Gaither - He could be the starting LT as soon as next year and he is impressive and massive(6'9 350), but not fat massive more solid as a brickwall massive. He is an athletic version of Jon Ogden who is considered by many one of the best OT of all-time.

2. Prescott Burgess - From the time his name flashed on the screen as our 6th rd pick I've felt like this could be the steal of the 07 draft. I think he is the next great Ravens LB and I can't wait to see him dominate.

3. Antwan Barnes - Since Dan can't seem to stay healthy he will need to be our pass rushing 3rd down LB because Jarrett Johnson won't be that guy.

4. Ben Grubbs - I wanna see if this kid was worth a 29th pick or if we should have taken Justin Blalock like I wanted if we went OG in rd 1.

5. P.J. Daniels - Last preseason he looked absolutely awful, but in what I have seen thus far in this offseason he seems to have found a burst that wasn't there last year, yet it still remains to be seen if he can cure his fumblitis.

dcarey20
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM
4. Ben Grubbs - I wanna see if this kid was worth a 29th pick or if we should have taken Justin Blalock like I wanted if we went OG in rd 1.

You really wanted Justin Blalock? I would have been ridiculously pissed if he was the pick. I think Grubbs was far and away the top guard.

BigDawg819
08-08-2007, 11:21 PM

You really wanted Justin Blalock? I would have been ridiculously pissed if he was the pick. I think Grubbs was far and away the top guard.

I would have rather had Chris Houston personally.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Blalock was who I wanted if we didnt get Staley because I felt he was better than Grubbs plus more versatile.

And yes Chris Houston would have been a nice pick also, I felt we should have traded back and acquired more picks but hey its over with.

jkpigskin
08-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Blalock was who I wanted if we didnt get Staley because I felt he was better than Grubbs plus more versatile.

And yes Chris Houston would have been a nice pick also, I felt we should have traded back and acquired more picks but hey its over with.

i didnt want blaylock, if anyone it wouldve been staley, but with the ways things worked out with getting gaither, i think ben grubbs was the best pick.... future of line

LT: Adam Terry
LG: Jason Brown
C: Chris Chester
RG: Ben Grubbs
RT: Jared Gaither

that my freinds is a top notch line

ccB
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
i didnt want blaylock, if anyone it wouldve been staley, but with the ways things worked out with getting gaither, i think ben grubbs was the best pick.... future of line

Anytime I see that line on paper it makes me smile! I am so glad we didnt get Blaylock he was one of my least favorite prospects in the draft. His versatility is what made him a good prospect and I dont feel he will ever be good at OT and I think he will be good at Guard but I think Grubbs will be better. Personally I would have rather have had Chris Houston or Alan Branch I think they could have been beasts on our defense but I am content with the Grubbs pick.

America
08-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Ronnie Prude has been moved to safety.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Why does everyone speculate that once JO retires that Gaither and Terry will switch positions? Everything seems to lead to that Gaither is the LT of the future and Terry is cemented with the RT spot.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Why does everyone speculate that once JO retires that Gaither and Terry will switch positions? Everything seems to lead to that Gaither is the LT of the future and Terry is cemented with the RT spot.

I agree, RT is the position that Gaither struggled with in college, when he was on the left he was dominant but when Heyer was back and JG had to go to the right his play fell off a bit. He is a LT and a franchise one at that.

dcarey20
08-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Chris Houston I will agree with you on. I wanted him just about as much as anyone at 29. But the Grubbs pick has grown on me, and I think Derrick Martin or Ronnie Prude could be the future for us.

Ronnie Prude has been moved to safety.

And I wouldn't expect that to be permanent. I think his future is at corner. For now I just think they want to try out some new things and get Prude on the field in some way.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-10-2007, 02:38 AM
I think Martin and Prude are good Nickel corners but they arent true shut down #1 CBs whish is what we need soon, Samari is 31 Mac is 30.

ccB
08-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I think Martin and Prude are good Nickel corners but they arent true shut down #1 CBs whish is what we need soon, Samari is 31 Mac is 30.
Thats why I hope to hear:

With the 32nd pick in the NFL draft the Ravens select...

Cornerback Aqib Talib Kansas

EdReedUnstoppable
08-10-2007, 03:27 AM
Well it will be more like with the 19th or 20th overall selection, but ok.

ccB
08-10-2007, 03:34 AM

I suppose you never heard of the word hope? who would hope there team has the 19th or 20th selection. I didnt say realistically this is what will happen. Realistically I think we will be picking around the same spot as last year. For a Ravens fan you never seem happy or hopeful about anythign Ravens related.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-10-2007, 05:56 AM
I suppose you never heard of the word hope? who would hope there team has the 19th or 20th selection. I didnt say realistically this is what will happen. Realistically I think we will be picking around the same spot as last year. For a Ravens fan you never seem happy or hopeful about anythign Ravens related.

Im just a pessimistic and negative person. And I know what hope is and I'm fresh out!

ccB
08-10-2007, 12:11 PM
The only good thing about being pessimistic is you are never let down.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-11-2007, 02:30 AM
The only good thing about being pessimistic is you are never let down.

No way, its also alot of time when I can say I told you so, like last year after the playoff game.

ccB
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
No way, its also alot of time when I can say I told you so, like last year after the playoff game.

Yeah but it works the other way too so that isnt exactly a plus.

D-Unit
08-11-2007, 12:56 PM
HOMER!!!!

I was thinking 13th-16th, so eh...

ERU, you're still the hopeful little bass turd that I've always known.

ccB
08-11-2007, 01:04 PM
HOMER!!!!

I think you may have mistaken our record with the cowboys :)

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
so what players are you going to watch for tommorows game, I will be looking at these..

-McNair's decision making
-McGahee's vision and explosivness
-Demetrius Williams
-JJ replacing Adalius
-Samari Rolle coverage
-How many 3 WR sets we use

EdReedUnstoppable
08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
HOMER!!!!

Again with the stealing of my words dammit!

And the only way we'll be picking 13th-16th is a trade up cause we are gonna be picking in the late 20's to early 30's!!! Thats it a Cowboys fan tryin to crack on my team............UNACCEPTABLE, WE'RE TAKING THE CROWN THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

America
08-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Jared Gaither is gonna start tonight. He has come along so quickly. I'm excited to see how he does against the Eagles pass rush. And I also want to see if Edgar Jones further proves that he is our next undrafted gem.

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Gaither seems to be doing great.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Jared Gaither is gonna start tonight. He has come along so quickly. I'm excited to see how he does against the Eagles pass rush. And I also want to see if Edgar Jones further proves that he is our next undrafted gem.

If he can handle Sizzle everyday I think he'll be ok against the Eagles. ;)

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
im really out of the loop on training camp b/c ive been out of the country for a month...
who are some undrafted or low draft picks that are impressing
which FA pickup is doing well/not well

thanks peeps

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 03:33 PM
jk Prescott and Barnes are looking good, Gaither is looking beastly.

btw where did you go JK

America
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
im really out of the loop on training camp b/c ive been out of the country for a month...
who are some undrafted or low draft picks that are impressing
which FA pickup is doing well/not well

thanks peeps

Our best UDFA has been Edgar Jones, a DE/OLB from a D-1 AA school. Word is he's shown great athleticism and picked up the defense very well. As far as draft picks, Prescott Burgess has been a complete beast, laying out people all over. Barnes got hurt for a while but also picked up the defense really well. Smith has been inconsistant, but has shown some good flashes. Yanda has been what they expected of him I guess, really tough and a blue collar lineman. They like how he can be a T and a G. Yamon Figurs hasn't done well
at receiver. He hasn't picked up the offense and hasn't stood out really. Billick thinks his return skills are natural though, so he should at least have a chance at the active roster in that department. Grubbs was shaky at first, but came on strong and has "looked like a veteran." Every player says Willis has the speed and quickness to take it outside and is a threat in the passing game. And Jared Gaither appears to be an insanely huge steal.

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
sounds good, thanks america and 1991
and 91, i went to Korea for a month

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
and holy crunk, when did Tarik Glenn retire?????

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Is anyone really surprised by Figurs lack of productivity at the WR position? I saw this coming because as a receiver he is a major product, he was drafted as a response to our lack of production at returner when BJ went down and yes the Devin Hester effect. He is basically assured a roster spot because of his draft spot and return abilities plus how many years can we allow the Clarence Moore and Devard Darling experiments go on?

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Jared Gaither Antwan Barnes Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams will be who I am watching tonight. I cannot wait football season is moments away, even if its only pre season I wait all year for this moment.

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Nice offensive chemistry so far!

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 06:22 PM
TD!
dang yo, i dont recognize this offense.... wat team is this???

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Is anyone really surprised by Figurs lack of productivity at the WR position? I saw this coming because as a receiver he is a major product, he was drafted as a response to our lack of production at returner when BJ went down and yes the Devin Hester effect. He is basically assured a roster spot because of his draft spot and return abilities plus how many years can we allow the Clarence Moore and Devard Darling experiments go on?

very true, there was an article on yahoo about Figurs, that he has had an up and down camp... he has shown signs of brilliance and has had balls hit his helmet...

i see us only keeping 5 recievers with Devard Darling being the odd man out

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I hope that 17 yard run from Willis is a sign of things to come.

ChewyRaven318
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope that 17 yard run from Willis is a sign of things to come.

I didn't think Billick put outside runs in his playbook! I hope we see more of those!

Sypniewski looked like a million bucks w/ that TD catch, and I hope we see more of him in this game. It looks like he's really improving his recieving game.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Alright had to run an errand, catch me up on the TD drive! BTW, O's up 3-0 on the hated Yanks! :D

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Alright had to run an errand, catch me up on the TD drive! BTW, O's up 3-0 on the hated Yanks! :D

McNair looked on point, McGahee had a 17 yard run behind the monsterous Jared Gaither, Heap had a pretty long catch and run, Demetrius Williams showed his ability to jump up and grab the ball with a pretty nice catch, McNair to Synpeiwesaksjdkasdski for the TD

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:33 PM
McNair looked on point, McGahee had a 17 yard run behind the monsterous Jared Gaither, Heap had a pretty long catch and run, Demetrius Williams showed his ability to jump up and grab the ball with a pretty nice catch, McNair to Synpeiwesaksjdkasdski for the TD

Don't hate on the Polock name! :D

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Its Boller time BABY! :D

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Antwann Barnes!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Antwan Barnes looks so explosive out there.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Antwan Barnes looks so explosive out there.

Adalius who? :D

Attention Ravens' fans, we have a Dwan Edwards sighting.

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Its Boller time BABY! :D

well dont hate, but boller is lookin like... well.... boller
i dont like his throwing motion, it just doesnt look natural to me..

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 06:54 PM
well dont hate, but boller is lookin like... well.... boller
i dont like his throwing motion, it just doesnt look natural to me..

I don't like Troy Smith. I don't like his mechanics, his lack of height, his similarities to Kordell and so on and so on. Bottomline Kyle is important to this team so lets just root on the team and hope for a clean bill of health this preseason.

As for your point earlier about keeping Clarence over DVD, Clarence doesn't play special teams and DVD does and it looks like that may be a determining factor.

ccB
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes, because Troy Smith had anything to do with his critique of Boller.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes, because Troy Smith had anything to do with his critique of Boller.

And your pointless sarcasm had anything to do with my seperate critique of Troy Smith.

Ronnie Prude with and old school head slap to Buckhalter for the sack, twas a thing of beauty.

ccB
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Its just funny to see you get in a fuss over Boller. You get so worked up that you throw a guy who hasnt even took a snap yet under the bus. Atleast his critique of Boller came after he had a chance to play a few drives.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Its just funny to see you get in a fuss over Boller. You get so worked up that you throw a guy who hasnt even took a snap yet under the bus. Atleast his critique of Boller came after he had a chance to play a few drives.

You act as though my dislike of Troy started just now, I haven't liked the guy since he was at OSU. Talk about getting worked up, anytime someone in this team thread disagrees you jump in with your 2 cents. Thats getting worked up my friend.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't like the play call on 3rd down and I really hate the pass. Damn vanilla offense!

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 07:10 PM
wahoo, burgessss!

and the announcer took the words right out of my mouth when he talked about bollers float pass to anderson... the ball was up in the air for so long i had time to get a banana split smoothie with a cherry on top

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
wahoo, burgessss!

and the announcer took the words right out of my mouth when he talked about bollers float pass to anderson... the ball was up in the air for so long i had time to get a banana split smoothie with a cherry on top

Terrible pass, yes he needed to get it above the defender but still a terrible pass. Like I said I don't like the play call on 3rd down.

Man Burgess was absolutely amazing on that play! He didn't fall for the back going out in the flat and just manhandled the QB for the sack.

ccB
08-13-2007, 07:12 PM
It hardly has to do with Troy Smith at all. If you would have said any player who hasnt got a chance to play it would be equally as funny. You just throw someone else under the bus to take the heat off of Boller. Also since when am I not allowed to have an opinion on the things users argue about? I am sure if I was on your side on the matter you wouldnt be complaining.

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
It hardly has to do with Troy Smith at all. If you would have said any player who hasnt got a chance to play it would be equally as funny. You just throw someone else under the bus to take the heat off of Boller. Also since when am I not allowed to have an opinion on the things users argue about? I am sure if I was on your side on the matter you wouldnt be complaining.

Man let it go, the two parties involved in the conversation did and so should the unneeded third party.

Man Martin played perfect coverage on that 3rd down play. Great to see him play well.

ccB
08-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Man let it go, the two parties involved in the conversation did and so should the unneeded third party.

Man Martin played perfect coverage on that 3rd down play. Great to see him play well.

Oh so only you are allowed to respond to what people say. This is a public forum where we all get to share our opinions on what others say! Isnt it glorious!

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Hell of a run by Kyle, looked like McNair has been mentoring him. ;)

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 10:01 PM
i skipped the entire 2nd half... how did troy smith play?

keylime_5
08-13-2007, 10:06 PM
3/11 for 34 yards.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Kyle disappointed me, but he showed his underrated mobility!!!

Prescott Burgess and Antwan Barnes!!!!!!

JARRETT JOHNSON SUCKS START 1 OF THE PREVIOUS MENTIONED PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Troy looked great getting away from defenders and he showed a good arm, I think he has decent potential.

Antwan Barnes is going to be a beast, he fits perfectly in this defense I love his intensity.

McNair did great getting the ball down field more then last year.

Boller was typical Boller, being inconsistent and throwing horrible passes but then randomly looking like a good player.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Troy looked great getting away from defenders and he showed a good arm, I think he has decent potential.

Antwan Barnes is going to be a beast, he fits perfectly in this defense I love his intensity.

McNair did great getting the ball down field more then last year.

Boller was typical Boller, being inconsistent and throwing horrible passes but then randomly looking like a good player.

I was disappointed by both Kyle and Troy except for their running abilities.

Barnes is a beast but not half the beast Prescott Burgess is!!!!

Missed McNair's drive I was sitting on 95 looking at the stadium in still traffic.

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
the offense was unrecognizable....
moving the ball with ease... big plays left and right, and not stalling in the redzone

im one excited camper right now

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 10:18 PM
same here I liked that D-will was in a lot, plus Quin "Sinister" Syneswki will be a great red-zone weapon, McNair loves a TE and what QB wouldnt love a 6'6 270 target to throw it 2.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
the offense was unrecognizable....
moving the ball with ease... big plays left and right, and not stalling in the redzone

im one excited camper right now

Allow me to poop on your parade......Preseason bud, lets see the monday night opener and see if they do it then.

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I was disappointed by both Kyle and Troy except for their running abilities.

Barnes is a beast but not half the beast Prescott Burgess is!!!!

Missed McNair's drive I was sitting on 95 looking at the stadium in still traffic.

McNair actually went deep, he connected to Mason for 21 yards and D-will for 11.

jkpigskin
08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Allow me to poop on your parade......Preseason bud, lets see the monday night opener and see if they do it then.

hey, a guy can get excited, we just went 7 months without football, so the ravens playin well the 1st game back is great

and yes, its preseason,

EdReedUnstoppable
08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
McNair actually went deep, he connected to Mason for 21 yards and D-will for 11.

Thats going deep?

Ravens1991
08-13-2007, 10:29 PM
its deeper then usual. Plus McGahee did decent. Our offense was rolling well.

dcarey20
08-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Steve McNair made it clear that he is easily the best quarterback on the Baltimore Ravens.

Troj2man
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Steve Mcnair- looked so comfortable back there. He showed good zip on his throws, and made some precision passes into small windows. You can see how in tune he is with his WR's/TE's already.

Kyle Boller- looked like the Kyle we all know. He looked very uncomfortable at first. Making bad throws and not setting his feet. The little dump passes showed some touch, he hung Mike Anderson out to dry, but that's a credit to the Eagles defense more than anything. He looked decent in the 2 minute drill. Connecting on some pretty passes and knowing when to scramble. The 20 yard run was a thing of beauty.

Troy Smith- Pretty much what we all expected from a rookie. He did look comfortable on the move though. He showed good zip on his passes. He needs to work on his touch passes and not fire everything in at 100mph. You could see the potential that he has.

Drew Olson- Looked very good. Was making all the throws, connecting with his targets. I would like to see what he can do against a 1st or 2nd string defense. He showed poise and the ability to read the defense.

Overall the team as a whole looked great. Jarrett Johnson made some mistakes, but that's to be expected. He's never going to be as good as AD was. The pass rush is unreal. Burgess and Barnes are going to be special for this team. I love the intensity of Barnes. Almost like a mini Ray Lewis.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Steve Mcnair- looked so comfortable back there. He showed good zip on his throws, and made some precision passes into small windows. You can see how in tune he is with his WR's/TE's already.

Kyle Boller- looked like the Kyle we all know. He looked very uncomfortable at first. Making bad throws and not setting his feet. The little dump passes showed some touch, he hung Mike Anderson out to dry, but that's a credit to the Eagles defense more than anything. He looked decent in the 2 minute drill. Connecting on some pretty passes and knowing when to scramble. The 20 yard run was a thing of beauty.

Troy Smith- Pretty much what we all expected from a rookie. He did look comfortable on the move though. He showed good zip on his passes. He needs to work on his touch passes and not fire everything in at 100mph. You could see the potential that he has.

Drew Olson- Looked very good. Was making all the throws, connecting with his targets. I would like to see what he can do against a 1st or 2nd string defense. He showed poise and the ability to read the defense.

Overall the team as a whole looked great. Jarrett Johnson made some mistakes, but that's to be expected. He's never going to be as good as AD was. The pass rush is unreal. Burgess and Barnes are going to be special for this team. I love the intensity of Barnes. Almost like a mini Ray Lewis.

He needs to be removed from the team, not just the starting lineup, he is pathetic!

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 11:28 PM
JJ better watch out for Barnes and Prescott.

dcarey20
08-13-2007, 11:30 PM
I couldn't have hoped for a better game for us. No injuries, a W, and alot of things to be excited about. The 1st team offense only had 1 series, but they made it count, with a 6 minute, 93 drive which led to a Quinn Sypniewski touchdown. Willis McGahee showed some great burst on his second carry has a Raven which led to 17 yards. The play calling on the first drive was nice, the offensive line was solid, notably Jared Gaither, and Steve McNair looked fresh. You really couldn't ask for much more. The first team defense looked good, no real suprise there. Here are my other thoughts:

Top 5 Individual Performers

I will say it is tough to narrow this list to 5, as I felt there were alot of promising individual players tonight.

1. RB Cory Ross

Ross got 11 carries, racking up over 60 yards. He also hauled in a few grabs. I was real impressed with him, as he showed good shiftiness, solid vision, and nice burst. He could easily have a spot on the PS if he continues to play like he did tonight.

2. DL Haloti Ngata

Ngata didn't see a great deal of time, but when he did, he was an absolute beast. He penetrated the line extremely well, and racked up a few nice tackles. He's just a force on the inside, and the sky is the limit for him.

3. DL Dwan Edwards

He was one of the surprise peformers tonight. I definitely wasn't expecting to put his name on here. Dwan was all over the place, and was about as productive as I've ever seen him. He made a few nice stops, one in particular where he tripped up a tailback from behind on a screen pass. The play went for 5 yards, but there was a bunch of open space, and if Dwan hadn't been there, that play could have been trouble. That was one of the most impressive plays of the night in my eyes.

4. DE/LB Antwan Barnes

Unlike Edwards, Barnes was one of the players I was expecting alot from tonight, and he delivered. He looked unblockable at times, and he was in the backfield all night. He ended up with one sack and easily had a few hurries. He also showed alot of passion. I really think we could have one of the defensive stars of the 2007 draft with this guy, and while I like Jarret Johnson, this guy could take his job sooner than later.

5. DB Ronnie Prude

Tonight we got to see Prude in a way we never had before. He came in at safety, and all of the plays that he was in on, he was either at safety, or in the nickel. Surprisingly, it wasn't his coverage that was impressive, but his play near the line of scrimmage. It was clear that Rex Ryan was trying some new things with Prude, as he had him blitzing from the safety spot on a number of plays, and Prude was like an extra linebacker for some others. He ended up finishing the night with a sack, and a fumble recovery behind the line of scrimmage. I still think his future is at corner, but if he can be utilized at safety, that's definitely a plus.

Honorable Mentions: QB Drew Olson, LB Prescott Burgess, QB Steve McNair

Dissapointments

1. QB Kyle Boller

In the boxscore, Boller won't look bad, as he finished 7-12 I believe. And he wasn't horrible, but he just didn't look like a guy who had progressed much. His accuracy was spotty, which we can't be too surprised by at this point, and he was just erratic at times. His handling of the two minute drill before the half was really dissapointing as well. He had a nice 20 yard scamper, but that's about the only thing I was impressed by. At the end of the day, I wouldn't say he was horrible, but he was just dissapointing, and the excitement that the offense had with McNair on the first drive was gone.

2. WR/RS Yamon Figurs

I actually feel Yamon did a solid job of getting open, as Troy Smith targeted him on a few throws. But unfortunately his hands were terrible. He dropped a pass from Troy that hit him right on the numbers and would have led to a first down, and he dropped another that would have been around a 5 yard gain or so. And I know I'm nitpicking with this, but I also wasn't overly impressed with his returning.

3. WR Devard Darling

Darling wasn't overly dissapointing, but with the amount of good performances and lack of bad, he makes my list. As others have said, it just seems like no one wants to step up and take this 4th receiver role. Darling had one grab but dropped an easy 5 yard out route.

4. CB Evan Oglesby

I think we're all a bit down on this guy. I'm not really sure what the coaches are seeing in him, but I'm not sure if he even deserves a spot on the 53 man roster.

Surprises

1. P.J. Daniels receiving 0 touches

This was by far the biggest surprise for me. This was shocking. I, along with many others, felt P.J. would see the biggest workload of any of our backs. I'm not even sure he saw the field, much less touched the ball. Cory Ross was the 4th back on the field, and he received the most touches of any running back on either team. I figured the coaches would give Ross some carries and then get P.J. in. Nope, Greg Pruitt Jr. was the next in line. I'm not sure what it is, if Daniels is in Billick's doghouse or they really like Ross and Pruitt, but Daniels not getting any workload is very puzzling, and maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but if this keeps up for the remainder of the preseason, it wouldn't shock me to see us keep Ross on the practice squad and cut P.J. all together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, it was a great game, you couldn't ask for much more in the first preseason outing.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Burgess needs to start at OLB instead of JJ with Barnes getting some time also. Move JJ back to DL rotation thats what he is best at, he is not a starting quality LB.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Adam Terry showed some slip ups during the game, hopefully he'll work out the kinks by opening night.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Oh and also DC I agree PJ Daniels not getting any touches shocked the hell out of me, almost as much as Cory Ross's rushing abilities shocked the hell out of me.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Oh and also DC I agree PJ Daniels not getting any touches shocked the hell out of me, almost as much as Cory Ross's rushing abilities shocked the hell out of me.

I watched the game and still don't believe that Cory Ross was actually running the ball. I think he and PJ switched jerseys.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/071edda4-8733-42f8-bbaa-96356a481926.jpg

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-08/31846357.jpg

Prescott Burgess ownage!

Troj2man
08-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Burgess needs to start at OLB instead of JJ with Barnes getting some time also. Move JJ back to DL rotation thats what he is best at, he is not a starting quality LB.

I think JJ is the starter for most of this season. But either Burgess or Barnes will take over next season. Both Barnes and Burgess still have a lot to learn, more so in the pass coverage department. JJ to me seemed like he was trying to do too much. For instance when he tried to strip the ball on that long gain by the TE. If he just plays his assignment, he stops the guy as soon as he catches the ball.

trkaline
08-14-2007, 03:30 AM
They looked good all and all while it is still preseason I enjoyed the fact that we won 29-3....

jkpigskin
08-14-2007, 06:22 AM
dcarey, i was also impressed by dwan edwards

that one play where he pulled back away from the QB when he had a clear shot at him was a thing of beauty... showed great awareness... when i saw that i was like "who is that?" it blew my mind that it was edwards...

Bohleive
08-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Surprises

1. P.J. Daniels receiving 0 touches

This was by far the biggest surprise for me. This was shocking. I, along with many others, felt P.J. would see the biggest workload of any of our backs. I'm not even sure he saw the field, much less touched the ball. Cory Ross was the 4th back on the field, and he received the most touches of any running back on either team. I figured the coaches would give Ross some carries and then get P.J. in. Nope, Greg Pruitt Jr. was the next in line. I'm not sure what it is, if Daniels is in Billick's doghouse or they really like Ross and Pruitt, but Daniels not getting any workload is very puzzling, and maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but if this keeps up for the remainder of the preseason, it wouldn't shock me to see us keep Ross on the practice squad and cut P.J. all together.

I was quite curious about this as well, apparently PJ strained his hamstring in warmups:
http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=33&id=1602&view=archive

SeanTaylorRIP
08-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I know everyone here hates Will, but he showed more in 1 carry than Jamal showed all of last season. Yes I would much rather of had Jonesy but the second I heard we got Will I was happy, he will be a true threat for the Ravens. As for Jarrett Johnson I have been saying the past 2 years he blows, I didn't even think he was that great of a backup, I even pointed out last year how I never understood why people were so high on him. He is slow and nonexplosive like all the other Ravens backs, and he stands out in no area at atleast being good.

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Ghetto I think only ERU hates Willis I am glad for the pick up, that post above is so true about Jamal.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I know everyone here hates Will, but he showed more in 1 carry than Jamal showed all of last season. Yes I would much rather of had Jonesy but the second I heard we got Will I was happy, he will be a true threat for the Ravens. As for Jarrett Johnson I have been saying the past 2 years he blows, I didn't even think he was that great of a backup, I even pointed out last year how I never understood why people were so high on him. He is slow and nonexplosive like all the other Ravens backs, and he stands out in no area at atleast being good.

I don't think anyone "hates" Willis, I just think there were better options out there, and I think the worst way to motivate a guy who needed to be motivated was to give him a big contract without him proving anything. Hopefully it works out, but anywho Burgess needs to start and JJ needs to be Pryce's backup.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Ghetto I think only ERU hates Willis I am glad for the pick up, that post above is so true about Jamal.

I don't hate Willis, see my last post.

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I dont think Prescott Burgess could play OLB in a 3-4, I think Barnes may push for the starting role.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I dont think Prescott Burgess could play OLB in a 3-4, I think Barnes may push for the starting role.

You doubt the greatness of Prescott Burgess!!!!????!!!!???!!!??!!??

BLASPHEMY!!!!

ccB
08-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Yeah Burgess is the future inside and Barnes outside. Though barring injury I do not see either of them starting this year.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah Burgess is the future inside and Barnes outside. Though barring injury I do not see either of them starting this year.

Long term that maybe the scenario, but this team the way it is for either of them to get playing time is to be able to produce from either position. I still think JJ is better suited on the defensive line then at OLB so I could see him back in that rotation at some point in the season and Barnes and Prescott manning the OLB spot. But then again I still hold out hope for Dan Cody playing this season.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 01:26 PM

Prescott can play inside or outside, he has the abilities, he can cover, he can speed rush or power rush he is the next great Raven LB.

America
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Prescott can play inside or outside, he has the abilities, he can cover, he can speed rush or power rush he is the next great Raven LB.

Prescott seems like he would be our type of ILB. I mean just because he has a good pass rush doesn't mean he must play OLB. Scott had 9.5 sacks from inside last year. Our scheme is so strange though so even if Burgess is a "ILB", he will be blitzing from all over. I didn't see the game other than the highlights so I can't properly judge JJ, but I agree that he is better suited for the Dline, although I trust Rex to know what he's doing. I'm hoping that JJ isn't dropped into coverage too much. If only JJ bulked up and became the successor to Pryce.

bmoreravens5289
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Lets not forget about Jared Gaither...he played a very good game also

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Prescott seems like he would be our type of ILB. I mean just because he has a good pass rush doesn't mean he must play OLB. Scott had 9.5 sacks from inside last year. Our scheme is so strange though so even if Burgess is a "ILB", he will be blitzing from all over. I didn't see the game other than the highlights so I can't properly judge JJ, but I agree that he is better suited for the Dline, although I trust Rex to know what he's doing. I'm hoping that JJ isn't dropped into coverage too much. If only JJ bulked up and became the successor to Pryce.

I suggest seeing if NFL Network is rerunning the game because it was fun to watch.

America
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I suggest seeing if NFL Network is rerunning the game because it was fun to watch.

I think they had it on at 11 oclock last night. My friend has it, that's how I know. It sucks not having it.

Did anyone see Edgar Jones?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM

Thats not why I said he should start at OLB, I said he should start at OLB because we need another starter at OLB not at ILB.

America
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Thats not why I said he should start at OLB, I said he should start at OLB because we need another starter at OLB not at ILB.

I wasn't targeting that at you or anything. I was just speaking in generalities giving reason as to why he would be great at ILB for us.
Imagine in a couple years if we can keep most of the guys together we will have insane depth.

dcarey20
08-14-2007, 08:23 PM

I'm a big Willis backer, and that run was a thing of beauty. He showed a great burst and you could tell he wanted to show the fans what he can do.

As for Prescott, what can you say about the guy? He's been sick thus far. ERU said that he should start of outside. I disagree, as I like him as a inside/outside tweener a bit in the mold of Bart Scott. Burgess fits well as a 3-4 inside linebacker and 4-3 outside backer. And although I like JJ, I think Antwan Barnes could take his job sooner than later.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm a big Willis backer, and that run was a thing of beauty. He showed a great burst and you could tell he wanted to show the fans what he can do.

As for Prescott, what can you say about the guy? He's been sick thus far. ERU said that he should start of outside. I disagree, as I like him as a inside/outside tweener a bit in the mold of Bart Scott. Burgess fits well as a 3-4 inside linebacker and 4-3 outside backer. And although I like JJ, I think Antwan Barnes could take his job sooner than later.

Barnes should play the Suggs rookie year role and come in on 3rd and longs and just rush the passer, Prescott is a better all around LB and should start over JJ.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Barnes should play the Suggs rookie year role and come in on 3rd and longs and just rush the passer, Prescott is a better all around LB and should start over JJ.

Prescott starting = Defensive Rookie of the Year

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Prescott starting = Defensive Rookie of the Year

Agreed! 80 some tackles 10 sacks and a couple INTs fo sheezy!

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM

Maybe, but I loved him playing for Michigan b/c he was always good for getting burned in coverage or ran over by Antonio Pittman at the goal line. :)

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Maybe, but I loved him playing for Michigan b/c he was always good for getting burned in coverage or ran over by Antonio Pittman at the goal line. :)

Again, stop trolling our threads. And Burgess going against your joke of a line, 4 sacks for him alone and he's a backup.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Hes tremendous, said defensive coordinator Rex Ryan after the game. [Linebackers coach] Jeff Fitzgerald is doing a great job with him. And hes working as an inside linebacker and as a strong-side outside linebacker.

JJ has been put on notice.................

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
who is that about BigDawg Barnes or Burgess.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
who is that about BigDawg Barnes or Burgess.

Prescott Burgess, the next great Ravens' Linebacker of course.

Hes got that Raven mentality and Raven mindset that fits right in with the rest of the guys, said Ryan. Hes a smart kid, and I think hes going to be a tremendous help to us.

[The Ravens] are known as a great linebacking group, said Burgess. Im just trying to be a part of it.

The other linebackers said I played like a Ravens linebacker, so they gave me a thumbs-up, he admitted.

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 11:21 AM
wow we do have 2 beastly LB for the future.

In the sun today Bart Scott called Barnes a beast.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 11:23 AM
wow we do have 2 beastly LB for the future.

In the sun today Bart Scott called Barnes a beast.

Yes but Rex Ryan is complimenting Burgess so HA!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 05:54 PM
God just think if Dan Cody could ever stay healthy, we would have 6 capable LBs in Lewis, Scott, Burgess, Suggs, Barnes, and Cody.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
God just think if Dan Cody could ever stay healthy, we would have 6 capable LBs in Lewis, Scott, Burgess, Suggs, Barnes, and Cody.

I'm telling you we need a Voodoo priestess to counteract the hex that Dan has on him.

dcarey20
08-15-2007, 08:21 PM

If Cody could stay healthy we may not have drafted Barnes. Oh and you forgot Jarret Johnson in the list of capable LBs. (Though I know that was intentional)

trkaline
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
That is friggin depth my friend the Wizard Of Oz rides agan...

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
If Cody could stay healthy we may not have drafted Barnes. Oh and you forgot Jarret Johnson in the list of capable LBs. (Though I know that was intentional)

Because he is not a capable LB, good DL depth, not a LB.

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 09:08 PM
yea I love JJ intensity but his athletic ability makes me wonder if he will be able to pull of a full time starting role.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
BTW thought I'd let you all know, I'm not gonna disagree with the Willis move anymore. Not that he was overly impressive but I just thought he looked good runnin in the Ravens gear hence I am now a fan.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Shoot I might even get a black #23 to go with my black #54 Burgess jersey!!

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 09:18 PM
BTW thought I'd let you all know, I'm not gonna disagree with the Willis move anymore. Not that he was overly impressive but I just thought he looked good runnin in the Ravens gear hence I am now a fan.

It was the visor, admit it......... :D

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
It was the visor, admit it......... :D

It kinda was he looked mean and I loved it!

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I can't wait until Demetrius Williams starts over Mason, do you all think it will happen this year, I was a hater at first but now I love him style of play.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 09:22 PM
It kinda was he looked mean and I loved it!

Yeah he totally pulls off the visor, not like that chump LT. :D

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I can't wait until Demetrius Williams starts over Mason, do you all think it will happen this year, I was a hater at first but now I love him style of play.

How could you hate on DWill ever?

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
How could you hate on DWill ever?

Hate on DWill? Thats not possible.............

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
it was last year and I was a noob, it was on draft day 2.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 10:16 PM
it was last year and I was a noob, it was on draft day 2.

And that changed when?

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Some more Burgess(and Barnes) news.

"At 6-3, 240 pounds, Burgess is building a reputation as a hard-hitter and for having sound instincts. He has been given more responsibility than the other rookie linebackers.

"Prescott is on an accelerated path," linebackers coach Jeff FitzGerald said. "He's going to have an opportunity, but he's got to earn it. I'm pleased so far, but we've got to keep the hammer down."

Burgess recorded two tackles for losses Monday, demonstrating his strength on a blitz by grabbing Holcomb by his jersey and flipping him onto the turf."

http://www.eveningsun.com/localsports/ci_6649748

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Some more Burgess(and Barnes) news.

"At 6-3, 240 pounds, Burgess is building a reputation as a hard-hitter and for having sound instincts. He has been given more responsibility than the other rookie linebackers.

"Prescott is on an accelerated path," linebackers coach Jeff FitzGerald said. "He's going to have an opportunity, but he's got to earn it. I'm pleased so far, but we've got to keep the hammer down."

Burgess recorded two tackles for losses Monday, demonstrating his strength on a blitz by grabbing Holcomb by his jersey and flipping him onto the turf."

http://www.eveningsun.com/localsports/ci_6649748

Welcome to the era of the:

Day 2 Wrecking Crew!

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm getting annoyed with NFL network. I want to watch the game so I can see Burgess, but they've shown Jacksonville/Miami and Pittsburgh/New Orleans about 6 times a day for the last week instead.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm getting annoyed with NFL network. I want to watch the game so I can see Burgess, but they've shown Jacksonville/Miami and Pittsburgh/New Orleans about 6 times a day for the last week instead.

Well you have to show Pittsburgh they have a new coach and they are the darlings of the NFL, Pitt can never do any wrong. Nevermind the fact that they didnt win their division or go to playoffs.

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 05:28 PM
And of course the "feel good" story of the year, New Orleans. Seriously though, I just want to see my Michigan guys! So far I've only seen Woodley, and that's been in 2 different games, since NFL network also shows the Pittsburgh/Green Bay game all the time as well. I just really want to see Burgess. He always had so much potential as a 5 star recruit(at safety granted) but he never really put it all together as much as I would have liked. He was also overshadowed at Michigan by some other guys like Woodley, David Harris etc. It's just good to see that he might finally start living up to that potential. Of course, if any team could bring out that potential, it would be the Ravens. I was wishing you guys would have taken every Michigan player!

America
08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I just realized in Madden 2005, we had on the roster, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, Ed Hartwell, Bart Scott and Adalius Thomas. I don't think I have ever seen that much talent at LB on one roster.

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I just realized in Madden 2005, we had on the roster, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, Ed Hartwell, Bart Scott and Adalius Thomas. I don't think I have ever seen that much talent at LB on one roster.

5 out of 6 were/are Pro Bowlers, not to shabby.

Mr. Stiller
08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Well you have to show Pittsburgh they have a new coach and they are the darlings of the NFL, Pitt can never do any wrong. Nevermind the fact that they didnt win their division or go to playoffs.

ERU,

If you saw the game... you only saw about half the plays..

it was mainly the NFL's way to blow Michael Irvin..

I think it was more the fact it was the HOF game, than the fact Pitt was in it.

Not to mention.. I think NO is more "Media Darlings" because they're still riding the Katrina media Hype.

Pitt does a lot wrong. I just don't think it has much to do with Tomlin (Though how often do we get a new coach) or us having a Notre Dame type hype(I bolded the part that this refers to)

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Not to mention.. I think NO is more "Media Darlings" because they're still riding the Katrina media Hype.

Yeah the fact that they went to the NFC Championship Game probably had no bearing on it......... :rolleyes:

Ravens1991
08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
And that changed when?

good one.....

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
good one.....

One can't go wrong with posting the truth.....

Mr. Stiller
08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah the fact that they went to the NFC Championship Game probably had no bearing on it......... :rolleyes:

Which is probably more of a reason that they're airing the HOF game than anything the Steelers did.

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Personally, I'm happy to see the Steelers games, since I can see Woodley. I'd just like them to show less of that damn Jacksonville/Miami game and show me some damn Burgess!

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Personally, I'm happy to see the Steelers games, since I can see Woodley. I'd just like them to show less of that damn Jacksonville/Miami game and show me some damn Burgess!

You know you secretly love Leftwich admit it! :D

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 06:49 PM
It's true! And Marcus Stroud's butts drive me nuts!

Ravens1991
08-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Who will you all be watching tonight?

I will be watching

Gaither who will be going up against good competition
Terry at RT
McNair in this night game

America
08-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Our secondary. I don't want to see a completion over 10 yards on our starting D. I want to see consistant pressure on the QB, and the "Day 2 Wrecking Crew" I guess if thats what we call them now. On O, efficiency. I don't care for 50 yard games, but with our starting O, I don't want one play that goes for 0 or negative yardage.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
All I want is to see everyone healthy. And hopefully Prescott dominates again further showing how great he is!

Ravens1991
08-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Also how McNair does in this rainy weather.

trkaline
08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I want picks, fumbles, sacks, I want chaos out there plain and simple....

America
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
All I want is to see everyone healthy. And hopefully Prescott dominates again further showing how great he is!

Yeah, that's the main thing. I want no injuries. Texans have already lost 2 players for the year, 1 a starter. It's so frusterating.

America
08-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I want picks, fumbles, sacks, I want chaos out there plain and simple....

Just pray that the chaos doesn't carry over to our O. That's the last thing we want.

trkaline
08-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Just pray that the chaos doesn't carry over to our O. That's the last thing we want.

I stay praying...Lord may we smite our enemy...and make the Giants look like jackasses once again....especially Eli.....

BigDawg819
08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm going to watch the QB battles, Willis, keep an eye on DWill, and of course the:

Day 2 Wrecking Crew!

ccB
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I'll be watching Willis McGahee, hopefully he gets some more carries so we can gauge what kind of stats he will put up this season.

BigDawg819
08-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh and I will be practicing my "Defense" chants as well, the preseason isn't just for the veterans to get the rust off but the fans in the stands as well. ;)

trkaline
08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Four more hours this is torture...........

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I really wanna see Prescott slam Eli!!

trkaline
08-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Prescott Smash!!!!

ccB
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know if anyones out for this game?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if anyones out for this game?

I would think Gregg, and Wilcox along with Ogden. Maybe Barnes because he tweeked his ankle in practice this week.

I got a bad feeling tonight, I hate havin a pre-season game in bad weather always gets me nervous bout injuries.

trkaline
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
its almost here its almost here almost here!

ccB
08-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Its raining again, let the turnovers begin!

ccB
08-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Down goes Rolle, hopefully nothing serious because we are weak at CB.

trkaline
08-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Anderson's doin nice they shoulda had him run it fourth and inches....

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Disgusting performance tonight, down right embarassing actually.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Somebody teach our OL to protect the QB or open a hole for our RBs.

ChewyRaven318
08-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Disgusting performance tonight, down right embarassing actually.

Agreed, but look on the bright side..John Madden is on the Boller Bandwagon! :p

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Agreed, but look on the bright side..John Madden is on the Boller Bandwagon! :p

Thats because John Madden is a brilliant man!

ChewyRaven318
08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Man, there's already been at least 5 injuries in the game, one season-ending(Michael Jennings).

Bad weather + Turf = F'n Brutal

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Im praying Samari Rolle isnt hurt bad, cause all of you people who think he sucks and talk s on him, wiat til you see Corey Ivy or Ronnie Prude try to cover starting calibur WRs in the NFL. You'll be wishin you had Samari back.

Ravens1991
08-19-2007, 11:28 PM
yea just because he isnt McCalister lock down doesn't mean he sucks. I wasnt that happy w/ the o-line but I like what I saw from Anderson. BTW I saw Gaither walking into the stadium and he has some skinny legs.

America
08-20-2007, 12:05 AM
That was such a ****** game. Our oline couldn't block anyone. Our D was unspectacular. Edgar Jones did get 1.5 sacks though.

bearfan
08-20-2007, 12:12 AM
You know, I thought that Anderson looked better than McGahee did. He just made his cut and shot through the hole where as Willis I think was trying to do to much. And the defense didnt look that bad, there was definantly pressure. I did notice that Bart Scott is a thug, I saw him quite a few times after the play exchanging some words most noticably when he shoved Amani Toomer after the play was over.

And I waited all game to see Troy play, and I was impressed w/ him *granted its only against 3rd stringers*. He didnt make bonehead mistakes you would expect a rookie QB to make, and his recievers didnt help him out torwards the end.

Overall, I didnt think it was a bad showing for you guys. Backups looked good IMO, so you have some depth. The only Q marks I would have going into the season are how well McNair is going to play, and how well McGahee will play.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I thought Troy's performance pulled him even with Olson who did not look good. I thought the D did ok they only gave up 13 points if thats a bad game then thats dam impressive. McGahee looks like Jamal to me in the backfield, he definitely is a tip toer, he needs to hit the hole harder but he may be holdin back since its preseason, or at least thats what Im hoping. McNair was gettin killed so Ill take it easy on how absolutely pathetic he looked.

dcarey20
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Well I will first start by saying that it was a preseason game. With that said, it was a terrible performance by us on many levels. Brian Billick had suggested that this may be a trap game, and he was exactly right. TheGiants are a team that the Ravens should be dominating on almost every level, and we let them hang around with us, and ultimately beat us. The 1st team defense was suprisingly undisciplined, with multiple neutral zone infractions and offside penalties. For the first team defense, there weren't alot of bright spots, but one was defensive tackle Haloti Ngata. How much can we stress it, this guy is an absolute beast. Week after week he just seems to manhandle oppossing offensive linemen. I also felt Dawan Landry played well, and like Ngata, no surprise there. He's extremely dependable in any type of coverage, he's a sure tackler, and a force in the box. When Samari Rolle came out, it looked like Derrick Martin and Corey Ivy were splitting time as the starting corner oppossite C-Mac. Martin was definitely the more impressive player in my mind, as he definitely held his own with the first team. It's clear to me that Ivy shouldn't be much more than a nickelback, as he didn't look very good. While I like Derrick Martin, and while Samari may be the biggest weakness on our defense, I think it's clear that Rolle's definitely our best option at #2 corner, and we need him back. After the first team was out, I was impressed by Edgar Jones, Gerome Sapp, and even David Pittman.

On the first team offense, I was dissapointed with Steve McNair. He was no where near as sharp as he looked against Philly, and the interception that he threw should have never left his hand. Demetrius Williams was open for a split second, but the window was not nearly big enough for a quarterback with McNair's arm strength. Now to what was in my opinion the most dissapointing thing of the night, the offensive line. The first team offensive line was terrible. Willis McGahee probably wished he had the Buffalo line tonight. He had no where to run and got blown up on more than one occasion because of bad run blocking. His statline does not tell the story at all. When the offensive line did a decent job, McGahee had some solid runs.

The offensive line play wasn't much more encouraging after the key starters came out, besides a run by Mike Anderson in which they opened up a huge hole. Devard Darling was a guy who I was impressed when the second and third teams saw action. He did a nice job of getting open, and didn't drop anything. He also played some special teams and I think he really did alot to distance himself from Clarence Moore. I like what I saw out of Cory Ross yet again, as he was able to find some holes and use his size to make people miss. If Ross continues to impress, and the coaches decide to keep 4 backs, I don't know how the coaches could take P.J. Daniels over him. Kyle Boller showed improvement from game 1, but again, he just does some things that make you scratch your head. He made a throw to Quinn Sypniewski in which he didn't even see a corner who had baited him into the throw. The pass should have been picked off but luckily for Boller he dropped it. The battle between Drew Olson and Troy Smith was probably won by Troy. Olson finished with only 6 yards and Troy had over 60. Troy showed some nice mobility yet again, and I loved a bootleg play in which Troy rolled out to his right and threw a perfect short pass to Kendrick Ballyntyne I believe. The pass was just the right arm strength, led him perfectly, and gave Ballyntyne room to run. That's what Troy can bring to the table for us.

Now on to special teams, which was easily the bright spot of the night, and about the only constant from game 1 against the Eagles. Matt Stover was money yet again, connecting on 2 field goals, one from 47 yards out. Rhys Loyd, who we did't get a chance to see, came on for 2 attempts late in the game and was successful on both. Loyd also saw time as the kickoff specialist and was very good, putting multiple kicks into the endzone. If he can show that he can do that on a consistent basis, he may have a spot on the 53 man roster, as Koch and Stover have both been inconsistent with kickoff duties in the past. For the return game, B.J. Sams was rather unimpressive, though he didn't have much room to work with. Yamon Figurs shined in this area, as he showed the speed and return ability that the Ravens love about him with a 51 yard kickoff return. He showed an outstanding burst on that play. Sam Koch was outstanding, booming 3 punts with an average of 54 yards if I remember correctly.

So overall, there were some decent individual performances like in every preseason game, but it was a really dissapointing effort for the most part.

Ravens1991
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Pittmans starting against the Skins.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Will be interesting against the Skins, haven't allowed a single TD in the entire preseason so far, so good test for the Ravens offense, if they score a TD, that's one more the Steelers did against them, although with no JC, CP, or Santana defense won't be challenged much since Brunell and Collins blow, although we might so Jordan Palmer get some pt finally.

Ravens1991
08-22-2007, 01:14 PM
yea I just want to see how McNair bounces back in another night game.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
yea I just want to see how McNair bounces back in another night game.

If its raining in D.C. I might not even watch the game cause its a lock McNair throws a INT or 2, and my head will explode with hatred.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Pittmans starting against the Skins.

Time for him to step up and take control of the nickel job by making a great showing.

trkaline
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
It starts over again the dreaded wait for next game...

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Should be interesting with the Landry brothers facing off tonight, I suspect both will deliver bone crushing hits.

America
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
The offense better preform well this game or there will be some serious doubts about the team. The running game has to get better.

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 04:54 PM
The offense better preform well this game or there will be some serious doubts about the team. The running game has to get better.

More Mike Anderson will help the offense. Its a copy cat league so the 2 back offense is where its at right now.

Ravens1991
08-25-2007, 05:01 PM
yea I wouldn't mind Mike getting more carries then he did last year, he earned them.

America
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
More Mike Anderson will help the offense. Its a copy cat league so the 2 back offense is where its at right now.

Agreed. He really runs with a lot of power, and although he can't get outside that much, if our running game is sputtering, he's the one we need in so we can at least get 3 yards on a play that should have been 0. That's the kind of runner he is.

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Agreed. He really runs with a lot of power, and although he can't get outside that much, if our running game is sputtering, he's the one we need in so we can at least get 3 yards on a play that should have been 0. That's the kind of runner he is.

Plus him pounding the defense will open up the edges for Willis and maybe even Musa.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Dang must be on delay because of lightning. Lightning hit the field, they said nowhere near starting the game.

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Well I was watching the pregame and they showed the field before a commercial and lightening was flashing all over and the whole state is being hit by storms. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is called.

bmoreravens5289
08-25-2007, 08:30 PM
sloppy game so far....too many penalties

ccB
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
sloppy game so far....too many penalties Its expected from young guys especially Gaither. Better for them to happen now in pre season than later when it matters.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Very sloppy game, I want to see more Mcgahee, they don't play him enough. McNair and Dmase have actually been good, but hard to do with all of the penalties. ERU's boy Quinn got blown up by Landry and took out Gaither to give Carter a free shot at McNair. As a skins fan I'm happy with 6-7, although we gave up our first touchdown of the preseason, we are without our starting RB and QB, and our first string defense was out at the start of the 2nd while all the Ravens starters including Ray and C-mac played the entire first half.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2007, 05:56 AM
2nd pathetic performance in a row, shocker inclimate weather was involved in both games. We better pray for sunny blue skies all year long.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Very sloppy game, I want to see more Mcgahee, they don't play him enough. McNair and Dmase have actually been good, but hard to do with all of the penalties. ERU's boy Quinn got blown up by Landry and took out Gaither to give Carter a free shot at McNair. As a skins fan I'm happy with 6-7, although we gave up our first touchdown of the preseason, we are without our starting RB and QB, and our first string defense was out at the start of the 2nd while all the Ravens starters including Ray and C-mac played the entire first half.

Everybody else's boy McGahee looks pathetic, hopefully its only a pre-season thing he'll get out of system.

Ravens1991
08-26-2007, 06:48 AM
That was a good TD catch by Mason

dcarey20
08-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Everybody else's boy McGahee looks pathetic, hopefully its only a pre-season thing he'll get out of system.

Well it doesn't help when the run blocking looks worse than last season. As you said, I hope that's just preseason as well.

Ravens1991
08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
How did everybody feel about Pittman's play? I didn't get to see a lot of the game. BTW how long did it go until? I went to bed at midnight so I didn't catch the Boller plays.

BigDawg819
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
How did everybody feel about Pittman's play? I didn't get to see a lot of the game. BTW how long did it go until?[b] I went to bed at midnight so I didn't catch the Boller plays.[b]

You missed Gaither getting him killed.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-26-2007, 02:57 PM
How did everybody feel about Pittman's play? I didn't get to see a lot of the game. BTW how long did it go until? I went to bed at midnight so I didn't catch the Boller plays.

Pittman was solid, but allowed the only big play of the game to Santana Moss who ran right past him. Bolller got Jacked up!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Pittman was solid, but allowed the only big play of the game to Santana Moss who ran right past him. Bolller got Jacked up!!!

Thats stretching the truth, Pittman was stride for stride with Moss but he just found the ball late, I was very impressed with David Pittman's play.

And I think the run blocking is just as bad as it was last year, the run blockin made Jamal look alot worse then you all think he was.

BigDawg819
08-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Thats stretching the truth, Pittman was stride for stride with Moss but he just found the ball late, I was very impressed with David Pittman's play.

And I think the run blocking is just as bad as it was last year, the run blockin made Jamal look alot worse then you all think he was.

In order to pass protect better the line has totally lost the ability to effectively run block and once again could be our downfall.

BigDawg819
08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
This isn't really worthy of its own thread but nonetheless its news; according to Aaron Wilson Keydrick Vincent has been given his unconditional release today.

dcarey20
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
This isn't really worthy of its own thread but nonetheless its news; according to Aaron Wilson Keydrick Vincent has been given his unconditional release today.

As well as Jon Ogden being activated and P.J. Daniels being placed on IR. Not too surprised at the Daniels move, probably the right thing to do. Cory Ross has impressed, Daniels hasn't played, and this frees up an extra roster spot.

ccB
08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
NICE! Kyle to D-Will, be it he was covered by David Irons but still... Its the flashes like these that make it so frustrating to gauge Kyle Boller.

Ravens1991
08-31-2007, 07:55 PM
I agree but D-will is so beastly.

ccB
08-31-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree but D-will is so beastly.

I'd hope hed look beastly when hes covered by a 6th rounder. But I love D-Will so I will act like it was someone better covering him.

Ravens1991
08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
yes, BTW our 3rd string o-line was bad.

What was everybodys take on them talking about us cutting Smith and keeping 2 QB? I hope we keep Smith.

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
yes, BTW our 3rd string o-line was bad.

What was everybodys take on them talking about us cutting Smith and keeping 2 QB? I hope we keep Smith.

Smith is a garbage QB and needs to go!

With that I guess I'm for cutting him.......

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Im for giving Rhys Lloyd a 7 yr contract!!!

Ravens1991
09-01-2007, 08:20 AM
yea that Kick was money I hope we keep him. Smith showed potential for us to keep him if you ask me.

ccB
09-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I dont see us cutting smith, I dont think we'd waste a pick just to cut the guy. Its not like we expected him to come in and start right away or to compete for the starting spot thats not how it works with QB's. QB's take a while to develop and learn the playbook in most cases so to just waste a pick like that without seeing what Smith can actually do would be asinine.

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I dont see us cutting smith, I dont think we'd waste a pick just to cut the guy. Its not like we expected him to come in and start right away or to compete for the starting spot thats not how it works with QB's. QB's take a while to develop and learn the playbook in most cases so to just waste a pick like that without seeing what Smith can actually do would be asinine.

Its not like its a wasted pick, I don't see a real demand for a garbage QB if he's cut so the Ravens should be able to resign him to the practice squad.

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Im for giving Rhys Lloyd a 7 yr contract!!!

Take his performance with a grain of salt, it was in a dome.

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Smith won't be cut, nor should he be. He could be a PS guy but I'd wager that he will make the roster as the 3rd man.

Ravens1991
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I think he will atleast be a decent #2 for us, I love his mobility and his poise, plus he has a nice arm.

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Smith won't be cut, nor should he be. He could be a PS guy but I'd wager that he will make the roster as the 3rd man.

Yeah lets just waste a roster spot......... :rolleyes:

BigDawg819
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I think he will atleast be a decent #2 for us, I love his mobility and his poise, plus he has a nice arm.

Did you watch the game last night? He showed virtually no poise, and his mobility kept getting him sacked.

Ravens1991
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
The 3rd string pass blocking sucked that had a lot to do with it, he has shown decent potential so far IMO.

Yeah lets just waste a roster spot......... :rolleyes:

No matter how much you hate Smith we are going to keep him because we just drafted him in the 5th and he is a rookie. If we wanted 2 QB we wouldn't have picked up Smith we would have went somewere else.

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 05:13 PM
If Smith goes on the PS he could easily be picked up. So it's not a waste of a roster spot. And if we do cut him, who will it be for? Evan Oglesby? Cory Ross? It's not like we need to cut Smith to free up room for someone significant. BigDawg, he was a 5th round pick. No one expected him to come in and light it up in the preseason. This is just another personal vendetta that you have against somebody. You'll point out everything bad about a guy like Smith but you'll never say anything bad about a guy like Boller, even though there were times this preseason where Boller looked like he was back in his rookie season.

Yung Flippa
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Alright well remember back before the draft? when the ravens were checking out CB, AJ Davis from NC State?
Well he was cut by the lions, you think thatwe might consider bringing him in?
Same thing for Buster Davis.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Alright well remember back before the draft? when the ravens were checking out CB, AJ Davis from NC State?
Well he was cut by the lions, you think thatwe might consider bringing him in?
Same thing for Buster Davis.

I'd say no unless we sign them to our practice squad which Im not sure if we can do that or not.