PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Discuss the Miami Dolphins.

Well I guess we get a new thread since the season is over.

Athrun340
01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
what happened to our other thread?

btw at 9th who would you draft draft? lol

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Um, the two guys I want are Alan Branch or Leon Hall right now, but the draft is a long time away so it's hard to say right now.

And I have no idea what happened to the thread, it wasn't pruned since I posted in it last night, so appently it was deleted.

Ace
01-01-2007, 12:15 PM
That was a ****** up thing to do to delete our thread. Oh well, we need another anyway to start the offseason up.

Finz99
01-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Like I said in the last thread...

I'd like to thank Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor for another amazing season (by them). And I'd also like to say sorry for how crappy everyone else is.

I wish we could get them a ring before they retire...ughhhhhhhhh :cry:

BehrenMan007
01-01-2007, 05:33 PM
It looks like Saban will be heading to Bama. The rumor just wont die
What a failure. What a loser. I'm glad he'll be gone

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoTYMsN4Mctx7XEs2Oe6cFtDubYF?slug=jc-saban010107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Memorex
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoTYMsN4Mctx7XEs2Oe6cFtDubYF?slug=jc-saban010107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

who do get to head the team then??

Start another Shula era and just swap with BAMA, hahaha

Ace
01-01-2007, 05:49 PM

So what? Just because it "looks" that way doesn't mean that it will happen. Saban won't go. Period. Saban isn't the type of coach who will quit on his team and lie after saying that he wasn't going. If some reason he does leave, then let him. We don't need a lier as a coach anyway and we can find us another coach.

I'mAHustler
01-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Saban isn't going to Bama, plain and simple. He waited all this time to choose an NFL team to head and he is here to reconstruct. Plus he is in favor of the ownership, Nick is not going anywhere.

WinslowEdwards19
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
There's no way that Saban leaves, that would just be ridiculous.

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
He isn't going anywhere.

BehrenMan007
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
we'll know tomorrow afternoon

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Saban didn't go into great detail but he talked about getting depth on OL and he said Shelton might be going back to LT. He talked about getting another edge rusher and getting a play maker in the secondary. He also talked about getting younger up front on the DL. He said he liked how Yeremiah Bell made plays in the secondary so I think its clear he will be a starter next year.

So we are looking at OL depth (LT/OG), edge rusher (DE/OLB), playmaker in the secondary (CB/S), and young DL (DT).

All I know is I hope we can get Adalius Thomas in Miami.

Also some OL to keep an eye on are Roman Oben and Kris Dielman, both are former lineman for Hudson Houck. Eric Steinbeck is another guard I would love to get, he will be expensive though.

I'mAHustler
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I wish could find the anchor on the offensive line that we so desperately need to support an explosively offense.

draftguru151
01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
There really aren't any legit LT guys in FA and it doesn't look like they will be there in the draft either so I am really hoping Shelton goes back to LT and we get a new RG. I think we might get two new starters on the OL next year. Hadnot, Carey, and Shelton will all be starters next year. So depending where Shelton plays we either need 2 OGs or a OT and OG.

Athrun340
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
steinbach and leonard davis!

SuperMcGee
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?
yeah i saw that too, why would he?

BehrenMan007
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
he's just talking. Him and ZT will be back next year

draftguru151
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
He said the same thing last year. He is just frustrated.

BehrenMan007
01-02-2007, 05:39 PM
He is just frustrated.

I would be to if I'm a dominating DE and my team missed the playoffs for 5 straight seasons

Athrun340
01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
10:00 am Wed is the deadline wayne gave to saban..

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Dolphins | Saban to accept Alabama coaching job
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:15:00 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/4763/390059zy4su.jpg

Athrun340
01-02-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.

how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision :lol:

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:

how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision :lol:

good question, but oviously he knows somthing the rest of us don't ( even Saben) :lol:

draftguru151
01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Mortenson is by far the worst person at reporting news. He reports every rumor as if it is truth. He is worst than the guy on NFL network (Adam Shefter?). Saban doesn't know what he is going to do but he is definitely consisdering it more than I thought he would. We will all know by tomorrow though.

BehrenMan007
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
let's start listing the replacements.......... :roll:

thebow305
01-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Saban didn't go into great detail but he talked about getting depth on OL and he said Shelton might be going back to LT. He talked about getting another edge rusher and getting a play maker in the secondary. He also talked about getting younger up front on the DL. He said he liked how Yeremiah Bell made plays in the secondary so I think its clear he will be a starter next year.

So we are looking at OL depth (LT/OG), edge rusher (DE/OLB), playmaker in the secondary (CB/S), and young DL (DT).

All I know is I hope we can get Adalius Thomas in Miami.

Also some OL to keep an eye on are Roman Oben and Kris Dielman, both are former lineman for Hudson Houck. Eric Steinbeck is another guard I would love to get, he will be expensive though.

Man, how sick would our D be if we signed Adalius Thomas, Drafted Alan Branch with our first round pick, and also drafted a top corner like Fred Bennett, Daymeion Hughes, or Josh Wilson in the second round. Man, I am getting excited and hyped up just thinking about it!

Finsfan79
01-03-2007, 09:08 AM
My opinions of recent events.

Nick is gone, and I hope the door hits him on the way out. Lying scumbag. Even if he didnt take the job I would like to see him gone anyways.

Some canidates:
Ron Rivera - D.C. of the Bears, great coach and could be interesting.

Cameron - O.C. of the S.D. chargers, a good offensive coach and works well with Houck

Bobby Patrino (sp) - Louisville head coach, very offensive minded. Add him and Capers together and you have a good combo.

O.C. Canidates
I wouldnt mind giving a chance with Mike Shula as an O.C. He is a good offensive minded coach and would be a good choice to fill in that position. Specially if we signed Ron Rivera.

For draft ideas the following are my choices personally.
If Jarrett or Brohm are there then I take either one of them. Both I think will be studs in the NFL. Barring that take the best player available as long as it isnt a DE, RT or a RB. Every other position on this team can use an upgrade.

I want either a LT or an OG/C in the draft. Perhaps both in the draft if we can swipe something like Beekman. I would rather snag a CB/S in FA honestly then through the draft, we have alot of young players in the secondary. We need depth there.

Now if we get Rivera it might help us getting Adalius Thomas well.

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
If Bill Cowher stays it Pittsburgh I want Ken Whisenhunt.

I will cry if we get Jim Mora Jr.

Ace
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
The coward is gone. he didn't even show up for the 10 meeting and just stiffed Huizenga. F u Saban. Thanks for nothing. Time to go out and get us a real head coach for the NFL, not some pretender.

diabsoule
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Do you think that the Dolphins will consider Jim Bates as the next coach?

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I would hope so, I really liked him and he did a very good job.

Memorex
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Do you guys think that a new coach will affect us as much on draft day? Like maybe now there is a better chance that we take a QB? I hope not.

Sgt Pepper
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
You may have a shot at Whisenhunt even if Cowher doesn't come back. He's already talking with Atlanta and Arizona.

I think the Steelers HC next year will be Ron Rivera or Kirk Ferentz.

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 11:10 AM
This really changes a lot. I really hope we keep the defensive scheme the same as it is now. Offense can change, it actually needs to change, but I just hope the new coach is smart enough to realize he already has a QB.

fotbll36
01-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing, we just changed our defense when we hired Saban and now if we change it again we'll be behind and our defense is already pretty old.

I'mAHustler
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Do you think that the Dolphins will consider Jim Bates as the next coach?Nope. Bates isn't going to coach here after getting stuffed (he campaigned for 4 hours to get the job after Wanny left)...

I'mAHustler
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Ron Rivera would be the only choice I wonder consider, I think Wayne would be hestiant to hire another college coach...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Mortenson is by far the worst person at reporting news. He reports every rumor as if it is truth. He is worst than the guy on NFL network (Adam Shefter?). Saban doesn't know what he is going to do but he is definitely consisdering it more than I thought he would. We will all know by tomorrow though.

Don't you DARE insult Adam Schefter.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
While I don't think Rivera is going to be a serious candidate in Miami, it would be a very saavy PR move to sign the first NFL coach of Hispanic origin in Miami.

diabsoule
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
While I don't think Rivera is going to be a serious candidate in Miami, it would be a very saavy PR move to sign the first NFL coach of Hispanic origin in Miami.

I think Rivera might end up being the HC with Pittsburgh.

SterlingSharpe
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I just popped in here to say that JIM BATES should be your new coach.

Most of us Packer fans wanted him to be OUR new head coach after last season, but the brilliant GM wanted a younger guy.

I think most of the Dolphins players also wanted Bates to get the HC job a few years ago after he was the interim coach for a few months and the team did well for him. For whatever reason, he keeps getting screwed over because of his age or something. Where's Jesse Jackson to push the NFL to hire him?

Anyway, I think Huzenga should have learned his lesson about younger, collegiate hotshot coaches now. Jim Bates is a loyal man, and he has a proven track record in Miami, and Green Bay. I can't imagine a better hire for you guys than Bates.

You still need a new QB though. DC will never ever take you where you want to go.

SterlingSharpe
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM

Interesting angle.
But what would that do, bottom line?
Get more hispanic fans to buy season tickets?
Get more hispanic free agents to come to Miami?
Get better ratings in hispanic markets?

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I want to get an offensive coach in here so he lets Capers keep the defense how it is. Rivera would probably try to change it to a Tampa 2 defense and I would cry. I love the defense we have in place right now and I want it to stay. I want to get an offensive minded coach in Miami.

Finsfan79
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Check out the resume of Norm Chow, it is absolutely fabulous. I think he could be an amazing Head Coach. Keep Capers as the D.C.

SuperMcGee
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Just promote Mularkey

Ace
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Just promote Mularkey

Hell no!

Athrun340
01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I want to get an offensive coach in here so he lets Capers keep the defense how it is. Rivera would probably try to change it to a Tampa 2 defense and I would cry. I love the defense we have in place right now and I want it to stay. I want to get an offensive minded coach in Miami.

same thoughts here ... im thinking mike martz .. what do you think? or cam cameron of SD

btw supermcgee promoting mularkey is the worst advice EVER!! .. that guy sux .. i hope the new coach fires him ..

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Check out the resume of Norm Chow, it is absolutely fabulous. I think he could be an amazing Head Coach. Keep Capers as the D.C.

That is a pretty interesting idea but I'm not too sure of him as a head coach. He is a great OC but I just don't see him as a head coach type of personality.

I hope Murlarkey is fired. He is a terrible play caller.

Cameron is an interesting guy because he is a great offensive coach. He is one of my top guys right now.

Also I definitely do not want Martz in Miami.

StellarSheller
01-04-2007, 01:06 AM
I feel the Mike Martz idea , I don't think that I would support another coach fresh into the NFL right out of college because of their love of players they coached in college, and after the sweet draft class we had this past year and all of its 0 starters, a good draft with good talent is definitely in order for '07. My thoughts on Saban, the NFL is just a different game and college football is where he should remain, and obviously he's decided, for the best, the same thing.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-04-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't think you want Mike Martz. He ruined Kurt Warner, and almost did the same to Bulger. He also killed Kitna. Notice wherever he is, large sack numbers follow. After seeing Culpepper this year, I wouldn't want that, I'm with DG.

Finsfan79
01-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I dont like the Martz idea at all honestly.

Ace
01-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Stay away from Martz and Sherman. Both are basket cases and shouldn't be a HC. Coordinator yes, but not a head coach. Oh and I just heard that Cam Cameron will be getting an interview soon.

Ace
01-04-2007, 10:23 AM
LMAO @ Saban's PC. He is saying the same **** at their PC as he did in our's. He's like a used car salesman.

BehrenMan007
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree w/ draftguru. Let's hire an OFFENSIVE MINDED coach like Cameron so he will get rid of Mularkey and keep Capers and take a QB like Brohm at 9.

I love how Saban always teaches loyalty, respect, and honesty, and to never walk out out someone.
He lied to th Dolphin faithful for half the season and walked out on his team, his owner, and his fans.
What a scum.
I hope Bama goes 0-12

BehrenMan007
01-04-2007, 10:54 AM
LMAO @ Saban's PC. He is saying the same **** at their PC as he did in our's. He's like a used car salesman.

He's saying the same garbage about "WE WANT TEAMS TO HATE PLAYIN' US" and he always uses his hands to talk.
He used the same speech except substitued Huizenga for Mal Moore and Miami for Alabama.
That guy's pathetic

BehrenMan007
01-04-2007, 11:07 AM
clayton is reporting we need to trade for cowher and it would cost more than the 9th pick

draftguru151
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
That's just dumb.

We are having a meeting with Cam Cameron later this week, he is who I hope we end up with.

Grig
01-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I concur with the Cam Cameron idea. He's certainly my top choice for the coach.

Although it's been beaten into the ground, let me again reiterate that we need to get an offensively minded coach in here.

BehrenMan007
01-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I concur with the Cam Cameron idea. He's certainly my top choice for the coach.

Although it's been beaten into the ground, let me again reiterate that we need to get an offensively minded coach in here.

It will be keep being said until we really do get a offensive-minded coach. Then he will dump mularkey on the street where he belongs

BehrenMan007
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm also really excited in late October when Alabama is 2-5 and he's giving the whole "I don't care about our record" speech " We are progressing on the field and that's all that matters..... not our record"

49ersfan_87
01-04-2007, 12:45 PM
So with you guys getting a new coach, do you think you will keep culpepper, or draft a qb?

Grizzlegom
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
jim bates would be my first choice, as he is who i wanted when saban got the job but if not him i want Russ Grimm, steelers assistant head coach/offensive line coach.

this guy coached under cowher for a while and he is very well liked by his players. he is also a very good offensive line coach that could help light a fire under some of these under-achievers we have on the o-line. he was one of Joe Gibbs' original Hogs who would bring smashmouth football with him.

the only problem is that he is very loyal to the steelers and if cowher retires he is prolly the front-runner for the HC job there. (cowher seems to like him more than whisenhunt, as evidenced by the assistant HC position)

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
So I take it all the miami fans in this fourm hate Saban? Who do you guys think has the best chance to get the HC job?

draftguru151
01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't completely hate Saban. I understand why he left.

bearsfan_51
01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2885

Dolphins are going to interview our OC, and former Illinois head coach, Ron Turner.

I have no idea why.

Ace
01-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Makes no sense. But atleast we are bringing in Rivera for an interview.

Finsfan79
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
790 said we arent looking at Bates.

But we are looking at Cam Cameron, also ESPN reported we have a meeting with him friday or saterday

I'mAHustler
01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't completely hate Saban. I understand why he left.He lied to us. :?

That's why everyone dislikes him :?

Ravens1991
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
What about Denny Green? When he was w/ Cullpepper Dante was a pro bowler.

draftguru151
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM
That's interesting and not a terrible idea. I wonder if we are interested in Denny. I've always liked him.

Finsfan79
01-05-2007, 07:50 AM
no thank you for Denny

jags are interviewing mike shula. I would like for us to snag him for an OC

Finsfan79
01-05-2007, 07:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2720876

we shall be interviewing wizenhut

NYmoney
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Congrats Phins fans on that Taylor DPOY. He deserved it. Now he can send Merriman a picture of him holding the DPOY trophy to Merriman, in return for the lights out gear.

BehrenMan007
01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
good. JT beat out Champ and Syringe Merriman
wqell deserved

BehrenMan007
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Who does everyone want to be our HC?

I say Cam Cameron

Ace
01-05-2007, 10:06 PM
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Ron Rivera- but it will cost us with him since he runs the cover 2. I really like our defense now and I would hate to see it go. That was one thing that Saban actually did right for us.

cowboysforever
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Ron Rivera- but it will cost us with him since he runs the cover 2. I really like our defense now and I would hate to see it go. That was one thing that Saban actually did right for us.

Well Capers goes then. If he don't get it -- he is gone.

Ace
01-05-2007, 11:15 PM
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt

Say's who? No where did it state that Capers said that he would likely bolt if he didn't get hired. It will all depend on who we hire. IMO, he stays if we bring in a offensive coach.

Shiver
01-06-2007, 03:03 AM
You guys interviewed Jim Mora.. :lol: I would pray in the situation you are in. Unless you have "fun dealing with adversity," aka losses.

Ace
01-06-2007, 09:34 AM
You guys interviewed Jim Mora.. :lol: I would pray in the situation you are in. Unless you have "fun dealing with adversity," aka losses.

Doubt we will even seriously consider him anyway. Plus, he had Vick aka "coach killer" on his team.

Athrun340
01-06-2007, 02:10 PM
comments on my dolphins mock

btw dont bash me .. this is the first time im gonna do this so im a little bias towards our team

1st - alan branch, DT
2nd - eric weddle, S
3rd - tony taylor, OLB

will these guys fit on our team?

BehrenMan007
01-06-2007, 06:53 PM
My First Fins Mock of '07:

1) Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[JARRETT]&set=key[number],value[88]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Hopefully our new coach will have a big offensive scheme. Booker has been solid as a #2 WR, but he is getting older and Hagan has ben on and off with his catches. Chambers has been disappearing as of late, so the new coach brings in a stud WR.

2) Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[MCCAULEY]&set=key[number],value[27]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]The shaky secondary started off poor, but improved from week to week. With many journeymen in the secondary and another young corner needed McCauley falls to early 2nd and is the pick.

3) Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[UGOH]&set=key[number],value[66]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Our former coach didn't really do anything to address our O-line problems. Ugoh and a few more FA's should fix it.

4) Tim Crowder DE Texas
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[CROWDER]&set=key[number],value[80]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Our D-line is obviously aging and we have a decent young core of DTs with Vickerson, Evans, and "The Wright Brothers." Matt Roth has been a pleasant surprise at DE and Crowder should add some more depth (plus add another crowder on defense)

6) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PALMER]&set=key[number],value[15]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
This is just an insurance policy at QB. Lemon has showed to be a decent backup and Palmer is the young product.

7) Brandon Pace K Virginia Tech
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PACE]&set=key[number],value[4]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Although it looked like Olindo salvaged his job for 2007 when he went 5-5 in the season finale, at around week 12, Olindo had the worst FG % in the NFL. Pace will be the cheaper option.

BehrenMan007
01-06-2007, 06:54 PM
why arent my images showing in the above pics?

draftguru151
01-06-2007, 08:06 PM
comments on my dolphins mock

btw dont bash me .. this is the first time im gonna do this so im a little bias towards our team

1st - alan branch, DT
2nd - eric weddle, S
3rd - tony taylor, OLB

will these guys fit on our team?

Good first, Weddle is a lesser Jason Allen, Taylor doesn't really fit our defense and isn't a 3rd rounder.

draftguru151
01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
why arent my images showing in the above pics?

Save them to your computer then upload them to imageshack.

draftguru151
01-06-2007, 08:08 PM
McCauley won't last to the 2nd round and Crowder is likely a 2nd rounder, 3rd at worst. He doesn't fit the defense we have now either.

cowboysforever
01-07-2007, 08:45 AM
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt

Say's who? No where did it state that Capers said that he would likely bolt if he didn't get hired. It will all depend on who we hire. IMO, he stays if we bring in a offensive coach.

We shall see. Capers seems to want a job on teams with unstable HC situations. Cowboys, Giants come to mind as needing DCs with shaky HC situations.

draftguru151
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Why do you say that?

MidSouthRam
01-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think you want Mike Martz. He ruined Kurt Warner, and almost did the same to Bulger. He also killed Kitna. Notice wherever he is, large sack numbers follow. After seeing Culpepper this year, I wouldn't want that, I'm with DG.

At the same time, where would Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger without Martz?

draftguru151
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
JT is coming back. Thank God.

hasane
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I was just wondering how confident are you guys in Rod Wright, Kevin vickerson, Fred Evans and Manny Wright (if he comes back) .

Do you think that the dolphins should draft a DT in the 1st?

draftguru151
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
If we can get Alan Branch I would love to get him. Other than that I don't really want a OT.

Manny Wright is crazy and I don't think Vickerson will be anything, but Fred Evans looks like he can be a great NT and I still have hope in Rod Wright.

Grizzlegom
01-07-2007, 05:30 PM
My First Fins Mock of '07:

1) Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[JARRETT]&set=key[number],value[88]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Hopefully our new coach will have a big offensive scheme. Booker has been solid as a #2 WR, but he is getting older and Hagan has ben on and off with his catches. Chambers has been disappearing as of late, so the new coach brings in a stud WR.

2) Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[MCCAULEY]&set=key[number],value[27]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]The shaky secondary started off poor, but improved from week to week. With many journeymen in the secondary and another young corner needed McCauley falls to early 2nd and is the pick.

3) Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[UGOH]&set=key[number],value[66]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Our former coach didn't really do anything to address our O-line problems. Ugoh and a few more FA's should fix it.

4) Tim Crowder DE Texas
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[CROWDER]&set=key[number],value[80]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Our D-line is obviously aging and we have a decent young core of DTs with Vickerson, Evans, and "The Wright Brothers." Matt Roth has been a pleasant surprise at DE and Crowder should add some more depth (plus add another crowder on defense)

6) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PALMER]&set=key[number],value[15]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
This is just an insurance policy at QB. Lemon has showed to be a decent backup and Palmer is the young product.

7) Brandon Pace K Virginia Tech
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PACE]&set=key[number],value[4]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369044_customback.chain]
Although it looked like Olindo salvaged his job for 2007 when he went 5-5 in the season finale, at around week 12, Olindo had the worst FG % in the NFL. Pace will be the cheaper option.

i dont think McCauley, Ugoh, Crowder, or palmer will be available at those picks. McCauley has 1st round potential, Ugoh has had a great senior year and is likely to be a 2nd rounder at worst, crowder also had a great year and should be a third rounder at worst and palmer will get drafted higher solely because hes carsons brother.

this would be a great draft but i cant see it happening.

hasane
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I am basing my First round pick on my belief that McCauley is better than Leon Hall and Alan Branch won't be there when we pick . and i think staley can be an very good LT and i'm hoping he'll be there in the third.

1. Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
Has prototypical size Timed speed is outstanding Athletic and quick with fluid hips and a great burst Physical and aggressive A playmaker with pretty good ball skills.

2. Jarvis Moss DE/OLB Florida
I think he'll come out after the Bcs championship bowl. Could be a perfect complement to Jason Taylor on his other side.

3. Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
Moves well in open space and can get to the second leve Shows the ability to change direction and adjust on the fly Good intangibles with a motor that is always running Smart player who picks things up quickly and has shown consistent improvement.

4. Paul Soliai DT Utah
Absolutely Massive DT

6. Kasey Studdard OG TExas

7. Jared Zabransky QB Boise State
A good developmental qb.

BehrenMan007
01-07-2007, 08:10 PM
i really like the first 3. i just hope we address the WR in the thin FAs if we dont draft one

hasane
01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
The only reason i didn't have them drafting a Wr is due to the fact that the dolphins already have:

Chris Chambers - Who they won't give up on yet, even though i wish they would

Marty Booker - Solid #2 until

Wes Welker - Great #3 reciever

Derek Hagan - Invested a 3rd pick on him

Fred Gibson

Marcus Vick

Signing Charles Rogers is another option

I'mAHustler
01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Hopefully the new coach rids us of dead weight.

coughchrischamberscough

hasane
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Hopefully the new coach rids us of dead weight.

coughchrischamberscough

Chambers and McMichael

Finsfan79
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
if brohm comes out I want him in the 1st round. I would really like a big time guard in the 2nd round to replace the over-rated Jeno James. Or Gaither if he is sittingg there his size scream houck all over him.

I would love jarrett and have chambers as a number 2 ( he is getting paid as a number 1 though). Booker most likely is gone becauseof the cap. I am curious if welker returns since he is a FA.

hasane
01-08-2007, 12:17 AM
if brohm comes out I want him in the 1st round. I would really like a big time guard in the 2nd round to replace the over-rated Jeno James. Or Gaither if he is sittingg there his size scream houck all over him.

I would love jarrett and have chambers as a number 2 ( he is getting paid as a number 1 though). Booker most likely is gone becauseof the cap. I am curious if welker returns since he is a FA.

I really think Brohm will come out now. B/c his Bobby petrino signed with the falcons.

hasane
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
These are the guys the dolphins should get rid of in the offseason if possible:

Chris Chambers - $7.3 Million

Randy McMichael - $5.4 Million

Jeno James - $4 Million

Seth McKinney - $4 Million

LJ Shelton - $3.2 Million

Kevin Carter - $6.48 Million

Dan Wilkinson - $2.2 Million

I'mAHustler
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Drafting a QB would be a set back and would upset quite a few players on the team Brian would need to set for a year before giving a chace to play, we need an offensive or defensive playmaker that is going to contribute immediately.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Seriously, stop telling people we need Brohm. We do not need a QB.

Finsfan79
01-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Seriously, stop telling people we need Brohm. We do not need a QB.

I still once more disagree with you over that. I do not feel we have a QB on the roster currently that will show themselves within a dolphins uniform to be a top 10 caliber QB in the NFL.

This is not a team that can be patched up in 1 year and be ready for the playoffs. It is a team that needs to rebuild for 2-3 years right and really make a run again like the days we are all used to.

I would love to find a Left Tackle, but this draft is weak on it. Next years draft is weak on QBs where this one is strong on it.

You might disagree with me "draftguru" all you wish. But it does not make my opinion anymore wrong and yours anymore right. That is the great part of being a fan of our team we can have strong opinions (and still hate the stinking jets).

That said, I think our draft is all up in the air depending on whom our next coach is. If we go with a Rivera from Chicago or Minnesota's DC then we will switch systems to a base 4-3 or a tampa 2 perhaps. Then I have no problem drafting a Branch there (if he has a good showing at the combine of course).

I think it is all up to what the new coach will have for a philosphy.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 09:21 AM
:lol: Did anyone else see the Jets losing yesterday? I hate the Pats too but losing the Jets lose is always great.

Branch is a 3-4 player. It's not one mans opinion, he is. He would be a great DE and a good situational NT.

As far as QB we have no idea what we have, so taking someone would make no sense at all. We need to see what Culpepper has. We have so much invested in him right now. It would make no sense to give up on him after one year in which he was injured.

Finsfan79
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I think he would be a GREAT DE in the 3-4 system. But I dont think we need a 3-4 DE.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/roster

We have a large number of them on our roster, specially with the developement of Matt Roth (whom I think is turning into a great young player), and Kevin Carter, JT will slip in there some in the 3-4 system and David Bowens. Plus the depth of others :)

I wish there was a Dbrickshaw in this draft. I really personally want a LT more then anything else. This team has been lost since we lost webb in my opinion. But, there isnt a big time LT that will be around for our pick. Hence I like the option of a QB to groom for a year to two behind Cpepp then take over the reins when peppers contract gets going way up there according to the numbers.

I think it is all up to whom we hire for the new coach dude. I just hope it is not going to be Carroll (recent rumors), Mora or the Vikings DC.

I will say this though, I hope I am wrong and Culpepper is amazing, I would HAPPILY eat Crow on that one :)

But, if I am right that QB class next year looks like crap :(

I loved seeing the Jets lose yesterday, was the highlight of the weekend now we just need the pats to lose sunday to S.D.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 09:36 AM
We don't have a guy that would play his position. He would play DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 like Vonnie Holliday did. Holliday is a FA. The normal DE positions are fine, but the DT/DE position is awful.

Finsfan79
01-08-2007, 09:47 AM
KC switches back and forth between them already for DE/DT, Bowens does the same. Personally I would like to keep Holliday but he might be out of the price range. There is others out there that could fill the role too.

But I am not sure what defense we will run.
Will we run the tampa 2? If so he would be nice up the middle but the run defense traditionally is a weakspot in the tampa 2.

Will we run the 3-4 full blown? If so we need just a tradition NT more then a switching player tweener. ( I dont like him as NT for height and play style). Good shot of this if we keep Capers

Will we keep the hybrid that Satan liked? I doubt it unless we find another coach with that style of defense.

Will we go back to the base 4-3? Possible, if we do this I love Branch as a pick then. Then I will sign onto the branch boat in a heartbeat as I want 2 huge DTs then like Bowens in the old days :)

Still my 1st hope is to find a LT, I am hoping for Gaither in the 2nd round even if we need to trade up a couple of picks.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Neither Carter or Bowens ever play that position. Bowens plays OLB and DE, Carter is always a DE. Holliday and Zgonina played that position this year, both are FA. Traylor is like 37 or 38, Wilkinson is old and makes a good amount of money. That's 4 DTs leaving. I don't see why Capers would change the system that he did a great job with last year. We need a DT. The DL I want next year is Branch-Wilkinson/Traylor (If he doesn't retire)- Roth. I think Carter is likely gone, but I wouldn't mind him staying if he takes a pay cut.

It really depends all on the new coach, I hope we get Cam Cameron here soon. I wouldn't mind Whisenhunt either.

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 10:17 AM
about the whole defensive line thing...i dont like the drafting of alan branch because matt roth and kevin carter are the DEs and i cant see alan branch being a good NT. i know u dont want to trust these low-round draft picks but fred evans, manny wright, and kevin vickerson are all massive guys that could play the NT position and evans and wright looked good in limited action in the past two years and i have to believe one of them will be good.

with a new coach, i can see manny wright really coming to play next year and getting back on track with his once-promising career. he would be a GREAT NT if he does.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM
What's going on with Manny? I don't trust a guy that has real mental problems and asked to be released. And KC and Carter are not the DEs, the are one of the DEs, Vonnie was the other one, now we have a hole there if he doesn't come back.

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
matt roth played excellent in a reserve role this year and was the other DE when vonnie wasnt on the field. i think he is ready to be the starter opposite Kevin Carter, whom i cant see getting cut because we have a lot of cap room and he continues to play well.

i agree that we need depth on the d-line but i think that the starters are fine (even without holliday) and i still have to believe one of those 4 DTs(vickerson, wright, wright, or evans) we have drafted will emerge to be a solid starter.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Is Roth or Carter going to play DT in the 4-3? I don't think so. Both are DEs all the way. I know Roth is a good player, I want him starting next year, but we need DTs.

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
why are we running a 4-3? i know saban liked the whole hybrid/switching thing but capers has always run a straight 3-4. i think without saban he will push to be a straight 3-4, but if we continue this switching between thing, then i agree that we need another DT but i still dont think the first round is not where we should get it. there are too many holes on offense to ignore.

i think the best thing for us would be for Levi Brown to have a great senior bowl week and good workouts so he improves his stock enough to verify being picked number 9. i do agree with u on that we SHOULD NOT draft a QB in round one. but i do think we should draft one in round 2 or 3.

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
on another note: Wayne flew to Pete Carroll, who was on vacation, to see if he was interested in returning to the NFL.

you'd think he would have learned not to hire a college coach, but apparently if Carroll is interested, he instantly becomes the leading candidate.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16407426.htm

Finsfan79
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Is Roth or Carter going to play DT in the 4-3? I don't think so. Both are DEs all the way. I know Roth is a good player, I want him starting next year, but we need DTs.

Carter played DT some in the 4-3 when we were in the hybrid. He would slide over to DT and Roth would take the DE sport or Bowens or Holliday. Bowens also played some DT too. While Jason took the other side. We also have a guy named big daddy wilkenson signed for 2 more years that was good until he got hurt. He is a great 4-3 DT.

I think we need to know who the coach will be and what system he will run but unless we go 4-3 or tampa 2 I dont see anyway they will draft branch.

For Wright.

Nick Saban made Manny Wright cry, and it doesn't appear the defensive tackle is shedding any tears over Saban's departure.

The former USC star - who had an infamous meltdown in front of television cameras while being berated by Saban and ultimately left the Dolphins with depression issues - isn't speaking to the media. But his father, Terence, said the family is thrilled that Miami will have a new coach.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/01/06/a8c_FINS_wright_0106.html

there is an article in the post about him and how Saban lied to them.

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
nice article. i knew i read something about manny but i couldnt find the article again. i agree with most of the stuff his dad said and i really hope manny gets a second chance. i think of all the DTs we have, he has the most potential.

and carter played DT full-time in his last year with tennessee. he is big enough to switch between DT in 4-3 and DE in 3-4.

i cant see big daddy being here next year as his cap number goes up significantly.

hasane
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Do you think the dolphins could get anything for Chambers and McMichael if they tried to trade them?

BehrenMan007
01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
obviously they can get something.....
i think the highest we can get for chambers would be a 2nd and micmichael a 4th maybe a 3rd rounder

reese
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
ive been readin this message board for over a year and as hard as its been ive never made an account to respond to some of the ignorant things said on here.
1. chris chambers...everyone loves him till this year he has a down year in numbers....u ppl say to trade him release him or whatever...forget the fact that we had an injured quarterback to start the season who was scared to death in the pocket and was gettin rid of the ball to quick to avoid gettin hit...then we have JH...his streghth as a qb is a quick release and pretty good accuracy on short intermediate passes...this is why MB has good numbers becuz thats the routes he runs....CC is a deep threat...thats what he does and is good at...i think his rookin year or second year he led the league in ypc....so that fact that we had 2 guys throwin this year that were gettin rid of the ball quick had a huge effect on what he was able to do...i seen one post on the last thread where a guy said CC just wasnt gettin open..now unless he has game film from the team or attends everygame and only watches CC then there is no way to tell by watchin the games on tv rather or not he is open on a play to play basis cuz u cant see the whole field....another reason he hasnt had the year we have gotten used to is the switch in OC...last year SL was a guy that like to throw the ball downfield..and now he is gone...CC does drop some easy passes sometime but thats not a reason to bash him like ppl do on here...i really was gonna talk about a couple more things the erked me but they will have to wait cuz i dont feel like typin anymore

AlexDown
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
:lol: Did anyone else see the Jets losing yesterday? I hate the Pats too but losing the Jets lose is always great.

What makes it even great is that many people predicted to have the Dolphins go to the Superbowl and they didn't even make the playoffs. On top of that, they signed Culpepper insted of signing Brees and got swept by the Jets this season. :lol:

hasane
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
obviously they can get something.....
i think the highest we can get for chambers would be a 2nd and micmichael a 4th maybe a 3rd rounder

I'm sorry i didn't write the question out properly. my bad

reese
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
why would want to get rid of mcmichael?

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 03:57 PM

What makes it even great is that many people predicted to have the Dolphins go to the Superbowl and they didn't even make the playoffs. On top of that, they signed Culpepper insted of signing Brees and got swept by the Jets this season. :lol:

Someone's still mad about getting knocked out of the playoffs.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 04:00 PM
ive been readin this message board for over a year and as hard as its been ive never made an account to respond to some of the ignorant things said on here.
1. chris chambers...everyone loves him till this year he has a down year in numbers....u ppl say to trade him release him or whatever...forget the fact that we had an injured quarterback to start the season who was scared to death in the pocket and was gettin rid of the ball to quick to avoid gettin hit...then we have JH...his streghth as a qb is a quick release and pretty good accuracy on short intermediate passes...this is why MB has good numbers becuz thats the routes he runs....CC is a deep threat...thats what he does and is good at...i think his rookin year or second year he led the league in ypc....so that fact that we had 2 guys throwin this year that were gettin rid of the ball quick had a huge effect on what he was able to do...i seen one post on the last thread where a guy said CC just wasnt gettin open..now unless he has game film from the team or attends everygame and only watches CC then there is no way to tell by watchin the games on tv rather or not he is open on a play to play basis cuz u cant see the whole field....another reason he hasnt had the year we have gotten used to is the switch in OC...last year SL was a guy that like to throw the ball downfield..and now he is gone...CC does drop some easy passes sometime but thats not a reason to bash him like ppl do on here...i really was gonna talk about a couple more things the erked me but they will have to wait cuz i dont feel like typin anymore

I have a new best friend. One question. Do you think we need a QB?

reese
01-08-2007, 04:11 PM
no we dont need a QB..u dont go out and get a guy like DC..and scratch that idea after a few games where he played hurt...he was an elite QB for a few years..guys like that dont forget how to play...i say another offseason learnin the system and gettin comfortable with our wideouts and he will be fine....some OL help will go a long way to help him too cuz early in the season when he was playin they were absolutly terrible...and mcmichael was top 10 in catches and yards for TEs this year..what more do we want from him?

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
why would want to get rid of mcmichael?

I just don't like him, he has potential. but personally i think he is overpaid and overrated.

Also i don't hate Chris Chambers, it's just that this year he completely disappeared from the pro bowler he was last year. He has concentration lapses, and he suffered too many drops even in 2005, his best season to date. And he is a bit expensive for the production he puts out and the horrible drops he has.

reese
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
he is paid as a top 10 tight end which is exactly what he is...u say CC struggles against cover 2 corners..which basically means ur sayin he doesnt get off the jam well because since most his routes are more or less deeper 1s, the only place he encounters a physical cover 2 corner is on the line...and on that note ive never noticed him havin trouble gettin off the line..not sayin he doesnt im just sayin ive never noticed

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
no we dont need a QB..u dont go out and get a guy like DC..and scratch that idea after a few games where he played hurt...he was an elite QB for a few years..guys like that dont forget how to play...i say another offseason learnin the system and gettin comfortable with our wideouts and he will be fine....some OL help will go a long way to help him too cuz early in the season when he was playin they were absolutly terrible...and mcmichael was top 10 in catches and yards for TEs this year..what more do we want from him?

You are official my favorite dolfan on here.

Ace
01-08-2007, 05:16 PM

You are official my favorite dolfan on here.
:cry:

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 05:21 PM
:lol:

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
IMO here is a list of Te's Better than McMichael:

Antonio Gates
Tony Gonzalez
Todd Heap
Kellen Winslow
Jason Witten
Alge Crumpler
Jeremy Shockey
Dallas Clark
LJ Smith
Ben Watson
Chris Cooley

reese
01-08-2007, 05:26 PM
well u said lj smith 2 times and RM was 7th in catches this year and 9th in yards...and he did that with a lack of a consistant qb...so u take ur opinion and ill take what actually happened on the field

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
well u said lj smith 2 times and RM was 7th in catches this year and 9th in yards...and he did that with a lack of a consistant qb...so u take ur opinion and ill take what actually happened on the field

Sorry about the Lj smith thing, and we'll leave it at the fact that we have different opinions.

reese
01-08-2007, 05:30 PM
and also even if u think those 11 guys r better then him..thats puts him 12th best in the nfl...how much better do u think we can do..its not like we can go out and get anyone on ur list

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Here's an interesting stat i just found

Christ Chambers and Randy McMichael both had 8 Drops in 16 games
and hagan somehow had 6 even though it doesn't seem like he got that many opportunities.

reese
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
1 dropped pass every other game isnt terrible...by the way alittle history on RM 2003 5th in catchs 4th in yards....2004 5th in both...2005...9th in catches and 10th in yards and i already posted his stats for this year...so he is in the top 10 every year...i dont understand y u dont like him...he is also a very vocal and upbeat leader type player..sounds like a guy ud want on ur team to me

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
1 dropped pass every other game isnt terrible...by the way alittle history on RM 2003 5th in catchs 4th in yards....2004 5th in both...2005...9th in catches and 10th in yards and i already posted his stats for this year...so he is in the top 10 every year...i dont understand y u dont like him...he is also a very vocal and upbeat leader type player..sounds like a guy ud want on ur team to me

He also beat up his wife in the offseason

reese
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
good luck makin a roster in the nfl if u want a bunch of good wholesome guys...he gets the job done on the field..thats what he paid to do

hasane
01-08-2007, 05:54 PM
good luck makin a roster in the nfl if u want a bunch of good wholesome guys...he gets the job done on the field..thats what he paid to do

nevermind, that's a very good point

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
McMichael is one of the best receiving TEs in the league. He drops some passes but all TEs do.

And Hagan had a lot of drops at first, I think he had like 3 in one game, might have just been 2 though.

hasane
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Do you guys know anything about the guys on the Dolphins Practice Squad:

Lee Gray OL

Dan Stevenson OL

P.K. Sam WR

Chase Page DT

Gus Scott S

Matt Prater K

Athrun340
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM

He also beat up his wife in the offseason

i heard hes a good guy now .. i think he has a foundation for kids ..

Athrun340
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Here's an interesting stat i just found

Christ Chambers and Randy McMichael both had 8 Drops in 16 games
and hagan somehow had 6 even though it doesn't seem like he got that many opportunities.

where did you get these stats?

just 8 drops in 16 games?

oh man thats pretty dang good ..

BehrenMan007
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
..... too bad he cant catch a football

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Sam is the only one I've ever heard of.

BehrenMan007
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
gus scott was a decent safety at florida

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
sam and guss scott were both good college players and were drafted in the 5th and 3rd rounds, respectively. scott's agent screwed him over and got him an incentive-laden rookie contract and then he got hurt and subsequently released, and sam hasnt done nething. both have bounced around practice squads since coming into the league.

idk nething about the other guys.

I'mAHustler
01-08-2007, 11:25 PM
1. Chambers simply isn't the answer, WRs with his skill set in similiar offense have been capable of succeeding

2. I don't know people are not calling for drafting a QB, we simply don't need one, it would be a setback and it would upset many players on the team

3. Getting a coach is the first priority and depending how his style of coaching (whether he's offensively or defensively minded), then we should worry about who we should draft

I think that's it for now :?:

I'mAHustler
01-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Article on Chambers: overly biased, but the numbers DON'T lie...

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/gameday/chris_chambers_the_worst_wr_in_football.php

Grizzlegom
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
chambers isnt a number one receiver that everyone thinks he is but he is definitely a number two. i dont buy the whole "bad QB" thing because great receivers make their QB look good. i dont agree with sending him packing because he is truly one of the only decent players we have on offense.

and for randy mcmichael, he is a top ten tight end in the league who had a down year statistically because mularkey doesnt believe in throwing to TEs except on rare occasions in the end zone. Mark Bruener was his TE in pittsburgh and he was one of the best blocking TEs ever. mularkey asked mcmike to block and thats what he did, and he still managed to post top ten TE numbers. if u wanna blame someone for his bad year, blame mularkey for making him block 80% of the time.

reese
01-08-2007, 11:58 PM
im not sayin its completely the style offence thats keepin him down...i also wasnt sayin it was bad play by the qb...i said that JH skill set didnt match what CC does best...when u combine that and the inconsistancy as a whole at our QB position to go along with the new offence is why his numbers were down this year....and to the guy that all of a sudden says chambers isnt a good no.1 wr....he made the pro bowl as no 1...led the afc in tds a couple years ago as a no.1...so tell me exactly why he isnt a good no. 1...and b4 u reply read my other post about him and dont repeat anything ive already commented on

draftguru151
01-09-2007, 05:56 AM
If anyone has seen Chris Chambers this season could you please tell the Miami Dolphins offense, because they sure don’t know where he was been. After having his best season last year Chambers is on pace for his worst this season. I’ve been trying to find what is wrong with him, and I’ve found 3 things, inconsistency at QB, an inadequate offense for Chambers, and Chris Chambers himself.
The first reason why Chambers could be struggling is the inconsistency at QB. Most are already familiar with the problems that Daunte Culpepper was having. Culpepper couldn’t get rid of the ball and when he did he was terribly inaccurate because of poor mechanics. So exit Culpepper, enter Joey Harrington. Joey has surprised most with the way he has been playing, but he still isn’t a great passer, especially downfield. Joey gets rid of the ball quick, and more often than not, not very far down field. Harrington throws very accurately but can’t throw a long ball at all, which really hurts Chambers.
Another reason why Chambers is not playing up to par is he is playing in an inadequate offense for him. Last season Gus Frerotte threw more long balls than any one in the league. When Scott Linehan left and Mike Mularkey came in the offense wasn’t supposed to change, but because of Joey’s lack of a big arm Mularkey has had to adjust the scheme. Wes Welker is the Dolphins leading receiver this year. When Marty Booker is on the field he has been playing some very good football. The reason? Both players run underneath patterns frequently. This plays into Harrington’s strengths. What does Chambers run a majority of the time? Deep routes, where he gets double covered and Harrington doesn’t even bother.
The biggest reason for Chambers lack of production is Chris Chambers. Chambers has never been a consistent receiver with anywhere near the top hands in the league, but he has never been this bad. He is constantly dropping short routes and when he does catch the ball underneath he isn’t getting any yards after the catch. He is averaging a pitiful 11.1 ypc, over 3 yards less than his average. He only has four touchdowns this year. His long is only 47 yards, every other season he has had a catch of at least 57 yards. He has 7 catches over 20 yards compared to his 18 last year, and 1 catch over 40 yards.
So I would like to apologize to all of those fantasy owners out there on behalf of Chris. But remember it isn’t all his fault, some of the blame is on Joey and Mularkey. Chambers may have another great finish like last season, last season he had over 400 yards and 6 touchdowns in December, who knows, this may be his month.

My opinion on his struggles. Some of the stats may be different because I wrote this at the end of November.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Didnt quite hear that right. Was that you saying the last time the jets got close to the Super bowl, in 1982 you got stomped by us? Your season ended up with your boys and our boys both sitting there watching the super bowl on tv.

Next year you actually get a real schedule.

reese
01-09-2007, 08:42 AM
i agree with that....we have some of the same points and it is true that CC does and has always lacked consistancy

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I think Chris Chambers is a very nice number 2 WR but I dont feel he has shown the consistency of being a number 1. He will come out and have an amazing game but when matched up against the best DB's he often disappears. This has been a knock on him his whole career though. He has continued it from year to year. Often he makes the amazing catch and will drop the easy ones.

I like chris, I think he is a nice guy and a good WR, but he is not the answer as a number 1 WR.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
he has gotten better every year as our no. 1 wr...so 1 down year doesnt all of a sudden make him not a good no. 1 wr....it seems like too many fans on here expect all our players to be the best in the nfl at there position and be 100% perfect and if there not then we should cut them or trade them..thats not realistic

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:04 AM
There are many factors that add in within the system of a team to factor into the abilities of a passing game and the effectiveness of a WR. Now a great WR can draw double coverage and also gain more of an impact for others on offense. A great WR can open up the running game, can give the TE and other WR's single coverage to explode over teams. Now that said a WR is very dependant upon many other factors to succeed.

1. A consider play at the QB system.
2. A good offensive line to give time for the QB
3. A system that promotes the abilities of the WR
4. Good play calling to give major plays at the right time.

Miami currently had none of the above last year.
1. The QB play on this team was the worst in the NFL rankings. Culpepper was terrible, Joey was even worse by the numbers (hard to do). There was no consistent play or decision making at all.
2. Our offensive line got better after Joey took over for the lack of mobility of Pepper really affected the team. But, that said the line did have good solid pass defense later in the year. Rushing offense was not that great but overall the pass blocking was solid.
3. The system of Mike was rather horrible. Some of his calls were terrible, now if it was mike or Nick it matters little at this point. But both hurt the team and the Offensive production.
4. Added with the poor system which does not facilitate a down the field offense, once more the play calling was terrible for a rushing attack and a passing attack.

Now For Chambers himself he did not help. He was one of the most pass dropping players. He disappeared in games against elite CB's all the time. He averaged less recieving yards per game then even Wes Welker.

For a top elite number 1 WR he was not that, and he has not been that his whole career except for the 2nd half of last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/WR-RECEIVING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=6&start_row=51

He was the 55th ranked Yards per game WR.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/WR-RECEIVING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=9&_1:col_2=6

He was tied for 40th in TD receptions

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/WR-RECEIVING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=5&_1:col_2=9

46th in total yards

Chris has no bigger fan then myself, and nobody wants him to do better. But I dont think he is a number 1 in this league.

Now for the reasons for considering a WR? Booker is pushing 30+ next year and he will have a 4 million cap number that can be cut and we face nothing back for it. He has been injury prone but solid over all.

Wes Welker is a FA next year and might jet for the cash he will get in offers elsewhere.

These factors need to be considered for the possibility of drafting a WR. Our playmaking players are all on defense currently and it shows in our lack of production.

(willcontinue in a moment)

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Miami's Offense last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4&_1:col_1=4

21st in the NFL for Yards per game

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4&_1:col_1=5&_1:col_2=4

26th in Yards per play from Scrimage.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-SCORING/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=4

27th in Scoring TDs in the NFL. We had 26 TDs and the leader had 59

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-SCORING/2006/regular?&_3:col_1=3&_3:col_2=4

We were the bottom 4 in Points per game. Even Houston Scored more then us!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RECEIVING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=7&_1:col_2=6

We were in the bottom 10 in the Recieving TDs as well

To put it simple our Playmaking big time position players SUCKED.

We need a future outlook. The decision makers need to decide. Are we able to win this upcoming year? Will we be able to win in 2 years? Are we a 3-5 year project as we were talking of before the hype from our little run last year?

To make it simple what we do for the future is if we believe right now we can compete and win. Honestly with QB question marks, WR question marks, offensive line question marks, question marks on the secondary and DE/OLB (tweener) you need to wonder.

Do we patch it up once more? Or do we actually look for a long term plan finally unlike Saban and Wannstache's choices?

reese
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
since u like stats...go look up his from the years previous since i just said he had a down year this year there no point to post his stats for this year

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
he has gotten better every year as our no. 1 wr...so 1 down year doesnt all of a sudden make him not a good no. 1 wr....it seems like too many fans on here expect all our players to be the best in the nfl at there position and be 100% perfect and if there not then we should cut them or trade them..thats not realistic

welcome to the board but I completely disagree with your assesment.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203

Chris Chambers has only had 1 1,000 yard recieving season in 6 years. Now the NFL is an offensive first system that is made for all of the advantages to score and the WR. The NFL wants the passing attacks to be huge and the game to succeed with high scoring games. Rules have been changed and the trend has continued to show that improvement in passing attacks over the years.

Now for in the past 6 years Chris has broken 80 receptions only 1 time.

In the past 6 years Chris has broken 1000 yards only once.

He has only broken over 10 TD's twice ever.

As for a down the field WR, he has never had more then 3 40+ yard catches.

Look I like Chris but I am basing it off of a full length of his career. He has always been considered a high potential player. But he has never lived up to that potential at all.

Now that said I would not trade him for the following reasons;

1. We are about to perhaps lose 2 WRs we need to keep him for stability.
2. We can only get a 2nd for him, and unless we get Meacham in the 2nd it wont be an upgrade.
3. We can not afford it at all to trade him as the cap hit would be monsterous after his big time contract he just signed (thanks saban).

I believe we need to get a future QB, look for a future LT and build for a 2-4 year plan to retool this team fully for the future. We cant band aid things again and again, else before you know it we will end up as a terrible team like the stinking jets.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:25 AM
since u like stats...go look up his from the years previous since i just said he had a down year this year there no point to post his stats for this year

I did and posted them below :)

Once more, welcome to the boards. But, please dont take my posts as thinking I dislike CC or believe he should be traded. I am merely stating he is not a number 1 in the NFL.

Chad Johnson
Boldin
Fitzgerald
Reggie Wayne
Marvin Harrison
Roy williams
Andre Johnson
TJ Houshmazadeh
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
T.O.
Donald Driver
Javon Walker
Hines Ward
Marques Colston
Eddie Kennison
Muhsin Muhammad
Lee Evans
Laveranues Coles
Issac Bruce
Terry Glenn
Joe Horn

there is a short list off of the top of my head leaving off guys even like Randy Moss and Eric Moulds. I could keep going too for a while on guys.

Chris would be a GREAT number 2 for us. But he is not an elite number 1 in the NFL.

He had 1 Good year.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
since 2001 he also has more recieving tds then chad johnson, keyshon johnson,santana moss,steve smith,rod smith,donald driver and plaxico buress...among others... so i guess we should assume none of them are good no. 1s either

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
since 2001 he also has more recieving tds then chad johnson, keyshon johnson,santana moss,steve smith,rod smith,donald driver and plaxico buress...among others... so i guess we should assume none of them are good no. 1s either

Keyshon is not a number 1.
Buress missed major time
Rod Smith is at the end of his career and is not a number 1
Moss is not a number 1 either if you notice not on my list
Steve Smith missed an Entire Yers time

Once more please use something for fact to show how Chambers is actually a number 1? Every reciever above has more yards, more catches then him and they arent even numbers 1 (except smith).

Driver had more big plays, receptions, yards, etc etc etc.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133276

Again I am not saying he is a horrible WR, I am saying he is not a number 1 ELITE Wr in the NFL.

Our Skill position players are not elite players currently.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:38 AM
how can u make the statement he only had 1 good year twice he was 3rd in the nfl in tds...i would say those both had to be good years...and u put a rookie on ur list and obviosly he coudnt have had more then 1 good year...and eddie kennison? thats a joke what has he ever done to say he is better..i didnt look up all those guys stats but im sure the ones that have been in the league at least since CC has...probley havent put up the numbers he has....as i just posted he has out scored quite a few ppl on ur list

reese
01-09-2007, 09:39 AM
santana moss is the redskins no 1 wr

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 09:46 AM
im not sayin its completely the style offence thats keepin him down...i also wasnt sayin it was bad play by the qb...i said that JH skill set didnt match what CC does best...when u combine that and the inconsistancy as a whole at our QB position to go along with the new offence is why his numbers were down this year....and to the guy that all of a sudden says chambers isnt a good no.1 wr....he made the pro bowl as no 1...led the afc in tds a couple years ago as a no.1...so tell me exactly why he isnt a good no. 1...and b4 u reply read my other post about him and dont repeat anything ive already commented on

there are many reasons why he isnt a number one receiver. firstly, if u throw away this past season, hes had one season over 1000 yards out of his 5 other seasons. he has been "the guy" since his second season and has shown little improvement since that year. he shows the ability to become a number one but is so bipolar that u dont know which chambers will show up. one game he will drop passes and disappear from the game plan and the next game he could catch 10 passes. hes too inconsistent to be a number one.

u say his down year is because of poor QB play and a bad offense strategy but chris chambers received the FOURTH highest looks in the whole league. he had a 38.3% reception percentage this year. thats HORRENDOUS. he has 3.69 catches per game and averaged 9.68 looks per game. that means joey, daunte, and cleo were looking for him plenty.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=mb-looks-2006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/nfl

now i would agree that we should not get rid of him and i do still like him, but we cannot continue to rely on him to be the top target because aside from that one 1,000 yard season, he hasnt been consistent and hasnt proved that he is a number one receiver in this league. u point to his numbers from 2003-2005 and while they were decent, 2005 is the only year where they could even be considered a "number one" guy.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:47 AM
since 2001 CC has more tds then issac bruce,mushin mohammed, tj hous..,joe horn, l.coles, t. glenn has been in the league since '96 and has 42 tds compared to CC 43 just since 2001...also kennison only has 30 something career tds and has been in the league since '96

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:50 AM
how can u make the statement he only had 1 good year twice he was 3rd in the nfl in tds...i would say those both had to be good years...and u put a rookie on ur list and obviosly he coudnt have had more then 1 good year...and eddie kennison? thats a joke what has he ever done to say he is better..i didnt look up all those guys stats but im sure the ones that have been in the league at least since CC has...probley havent put up the numbers he has....as i just posted he has out scored quite a few ppl on ur list

He broke 1000 yards 4 years in a row, something chris has done only once ever.

Dude you are being a homer.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
i dont kno what a homer is but by the CC has been in the nfl for 10 years like kennison has then he should have at least 4 years over 1000 yards too and like i said CC has outscored kennison by around 10 tds and done it in 5 less seasons

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 09:54 AM
since when were TD's the only stat?

having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:54 AM
since 2001 CC has more tds then issac bruce,mushin mohammed, tj hous..,joe horn, l.coles, t. glenn has been in the league since '96 and has 42 tds compared to CC 43 just since 2001...also kennison only has 30 something career tds and has been in the league since '96

you are ignoring every fact I placed before you. come on dude, dont be a jets fan :)

You are really going to tell me that you believe CC has had a better career so far then Issac Bruce has had?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1294

8 1,000 + yard seasons
Even at the end of his career he far our preformed CC this year.

Chris gets some of the most balls thrown at him but had a horrible year. Over his career he has had 1 year over 1000 yards once more.

Please look at his numbers again and if he was wearing anything but aqua and orange would you honestly say he is a number 1 WR?

reese
01-09-2007, 09:56 AM
look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:56 AM

having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.

exactly. He has a huge number of drops every year (last year and this year specially). He has never had major recieving yardage and when faced up against "elite" DBs he disappears.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 09:58 AM
look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce

And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

But Chambers is not a number 1 in the NFL.

I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

This is like saying Culpepper is a top 5 QB. :lol:

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 09:58 AM

And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

hahaha QFT.

reese
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM

exactly. He has a huge number of drops every year (last year and this year specially). He has never had major recieving yardage and when faced up against "elite" DBs he disappears.

u look up the stats to all those guys since 2001 and i bet since then he is among the top in the league in catches and yards top 10 to 15

reese
01-09-2007, 10:02 AM

actually he is our no 1 so yes he is a number 1 in the nfl...he has made the probowl as our number and has outscored alot of the guys that u say r better since he has been our number 1...and guess what he is gonna continue to do that as our number 1...so u just keep hatin him and he will keep puttin up numbers...and u can claim u like him and mabe someone will believe u

hahaha QFT.

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 10:03 AM
y dont u look it up, we have showed all the stats why he isnt a number one, i think its your turn to show us the stats on why he is.

reese
01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
y dont u look it up, we have showed all the stats why he isnt a number one, i think its your turn to show us the stats on why he is.

for 1 thing stop sayin he isnt a number 1...yes he is..rather or not u agree with him being a number 1 is different...but yes he is a number 1 on our team

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 10:05 AM

actually he is our no 1 so yes he is a number 1 in the nfl...he has made the probowl as our number and has outscored alot of the guys that u say r better since he has been our number 1...and guess what he is gonna continue to do that as our number 1...so u just keep hatin him and he will keep puttin up numbers...and u can claim u like him and mabe someone will believe u

hahaha QFT.

he may be our number one but that because we have noone better. he doesnt match up well with many of the elite number one receivers which leads many, including me, to believe we need an upgrade at the number one receiver spot so chambers can go from being a weak number one to a great number 2.

reese
01-09-2007, 10:10 AM

hahaha QFT.

he may be our number one but that because we have noone better. he doesnt match up well with many of the elite number one receivers which leads many, including me, to believe we need an upgrade at the number one receiver spot so chambers can go from being a weak number one to a great number 2.

he isnt a weak no 1...u dont make the probowl and score that much by being a weak no.1 now he isnt the best no. 1 in the league..but ur gonna be hard pressed to get one on the team thats better..like i said earlier i thnk some of u expect our players to be the best at there position in the entire nfl and if there not yall think they need to be replaced....now there r no 1 guys out there that r better but its not like we can go grab another teams best wr

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Wayne and Boldin for 2 of them :)

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

We still need a Left Tackle too overall.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:12 AM

hahaha QFT.

he isnt a weak no 1...u dont make the probowl and score that much by being a weak no.1 now he isnt the best no. 1 in the league..but ur gonna be hard pressed to get one on the team thats better..like i said earlier i thnk some of u expect our players to be the best at there position in the entire nfl and if there not yall think they need to be replaced....now there r no 1 guys out there that r better but its not like we can go grab another teams best wr

Tony Romo just made the pro bowl

reese
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
i never said chambers need to be replaced. im just saying he isnt producing like he should so he needs to be bumped to number two where his production is adequate.

no we cannot go out and pluck a better player from another NFL team(well we could but it would require draft picks that i dont want to give up) but the draft is a wonderful place to get good, young players.

reese
01-09-2007, 10:16 AM

hahaha QFT.

point? he did do that but did nuthin else to prove he should considerd one of the best qbs in the league..CC has done more

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1

They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM

hahaha QFT.

point? he did do that but did nuthin else to prove he should considerd one of the best qbs in the league..CC has done more

my point is that the pro bowl means absolutely nothing it is a popularity contest. It is like the gold glove in MLB.

CC has not done anything to prove he is a number 1 WR. He had 1 year.

reese
01-09-2007, 10:22 AM

They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.

ok so u just proved my point...obviously if we threw to him that much then we have a no 1...and like i said b4 rather or not u like that he is our no 1 or if ur happy with his production as our no 1 wr is beside the point..he still is our no 1

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 10:25 AM
u are missing the point that being the top target on a team does not make u a number one receiver in the NFL.

it means u are the top target on a team with no better alternative. is antonio bryant a number one? how about Reche Caldwell? Keenan McCardell?

u are taking the whole number one thing way too literally.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:29 AM

ok so u just proved my point...obviously if we threw to him that much then we have a no 1...and like i said b4 rather or not u like that he is our no 1 or if ur happy with his production as our no 1 wr is beside the point..he still is our no 1

Yet being thrown to all of those times his production was Crap. Wes Welker out produced him. Chambers did have more drops then anyone else on the dolphins though :lol:

I think I am done with this debate you keep making little sense in your "points". When the two of us have been showing reasonings for our positions.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?

reese
01-09-2007, 10:32 AM
u are missing the point that being the top target on a team does not make u a number one receiver in the NFL.

it means u are the top target on a team with no better alternative. is antonio bryant a number one? how about Reche Caldwell? Keenan McCardell?

u are taking the whole number one thing way too literally.

new england may be a team with no true no 1...antonio bryant is sf no 1...he is very talented..had a decent considering there circumstances..and KM plays for a team who's offence revolves completely and totally around there rb...LT gets the ball over 50 % ove the time so u cant count him...so basically being in the top 5 in recieveing tds since 2001 isnt good enuf for yall so u must want him to catch 80 passes a year adn 1400 yds and 10 tds a year thats what u want or he isnt good enuf..well tell me then if thats what it takes then who else in the nfl does that every year

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?

i couldnt see troy smith getting into the top ten no matter how well he played. the only QB who might rise enough to allow someone to fall or increase the trade value of the pick would be if brohm came out and had a great combine, IMO.

Ace
01-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Seems like the new guy is a Chambers lover.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Any thoughts on this?

i couldnt see troy smith getting into the top ten no matter how well he played. the only QB who might rise enough to allow someone to fall or increase the trade value of the pick would be if brohm came out and had a great combine, IMO.

good point but the hype machine of the big ten, OSU and ESPN's love of them I figured would help project him higher. Still I would love to see Brohm come out and do very good in the Combine.

The idea of having 3 Legit QB canidates, 1 great DE/OLB, 1 LT, 2 top WR, 1 RB, 1 DT.

After that it seems to drop off for secondary guys and the rest.

Ace
01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Don't look now, but from what I have been reading over the past few days, Pete Carroll just might be our next HC. Wayne really likes him alot and he will do anything to bring in the guy he wants.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Pete Caroll HC
Norm Chow OC/ Assistant Head Coach (so promotion)
Don Capers DC

interesting. But I really dont like caroll still he is a Wayne type signing as wayne likes the big names,

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
could be interesting indeed, but i would really prefer a youn hot shot coordinator or something like that. although im sure carroll could get manny wright turned around.

hasane
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't look now, but from what I have been reading over the past few days, Pete Carroll just might be our next HC. Wayne really likes him alot and he will do anything to bring in the guy he wants.

Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be ******** to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Not to mention that his USC Team From this year would beat the dolphins if they were to play.

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 01:00 PM

Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be dumb to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Not to mention that his USC Team From this year would beat the dolphins if they were to play.

Disagree with the last statement. The difference in talent and abilities in the pro game to college game is amazing. Even the great canes team of 2001-2002 (often called the greatest team ever for 17 1st rounders and 35 picks in the nfl) would have trouble beating an NFL team.

That said I think his ability to evaluate talent would be interesting as a GM.

hasane
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be dumb to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Disagree with the last statement. The difference in talent and abilities in the pro game to college game is amazing. Even the great canes team of 2001-2002 (often called the greatest team ever for 17 1st rounders and 35 picks in the nfl) would have trouble beating an NFL team.

That said I think his ability to evaluate talent would be interesting as a GM.

I think they could take the Raiders and the Lions

Grizzlegom
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM

he hasnt been to good in the NFL but he is definitely a great college coach. he does have a good situation in USC but there has been a lot of officials looking into the university lately for illegal tampering with prospects, especially because of the whole reggie bush thing. it could be a good time for him to get out and be like i had nothing to do with any of that.

but again, i dont think a college coach is the answer, i would really like to see us bring in a young assistant who could stick around for a long time. the average life of a head coach is too short nowadays and id like to see us commit to someone young and have him around for a good 10 years...this is definitely wishful thinking.

hasane
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM

he hasnt been to good in the NFL but he is definitely a great college coach. he does have a good situation in USC but there has been a lot of officials looking into the university lately for illegal tampering with prospects, especially because of the whole reggie bush thing. it could be a good time for him to get out and be like i had nothing to do with any of that.

but again, i dont think a college coach is the answer, i would really like to see us bring in a young assistant who could stick around for a long time. the average life of a head coach is too short nowadays and id like to see us commit to someone young and have him around for a good 10 years...this is definitely wishful thinking.

I would really like it if the Dolphins tried to get the OC from USC to be the Dolphins OC his name is Lane Kiffin, the son of Tampa's DC

Athrun340
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM

well the question is the quality of throws joey harrington gave him ..

draftguru151
01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you. Look who is throwing to Chris Chambers. Look at a guy like Calvin Johnson. The completion % for passes thrown to him is around 50%. But he may be the best WR prospect ever. Chambers does not have the caliber QB those other guys have. You talked about Donald Driver. Look who he has throwing to him. Chambers is a #1 receiver in the NFL. There are not 32 WRs better than him. Using stats and thinking is is 100% truth doesn't make sense. You have to look at the situations these guys are in.

Also if Troy Smith had the best game ever he might have been a late round 1 guy at best.

BehrenMan007
01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
dg, where do u see troy smith being drafted now?

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you. Look who is throwing to Chris Chambers. Look at a guy like Calvin Johnson. The completion % for passes thrown to him is around 50%. But he may be the best WR prospect ever. Chambers does not have the caliber QB those other guys have. You talked about Donald Driver. Look who he has throwing to him. Chambers is a #1 receiver in the NFL. There are not 32 WRs better than him. Using stats and thinking is is 100% truth doesn't make sense. You have to look at the situations these guys are in.

Also if Troy Smith had the best game ever he might have been a late round 1 guy at best.

I detailed that in my talks over and over again. My point though to counter that is there is Not 32 Number 1s in the NFL. Some teams have players that act as their number one target, but they are not an elite WR.

Chambers is not a top 10 or top 15 WR in the NFL right now. Even though I love the guy on the fins and wouldnt trade him. He is a great number 2

draftguru151
01-09-2007, 03:12 PM
dg, where do u see troy smith being drafted now?

Right now second round, maybe third. It really depends on his workouts and how tall he actually is.

draftguru151
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM

I detailed that in my talks over and over again. My point though to counter that is there is Not 32 Number 1s in the NFL. Some teams have players that act as their number one target, but they are not an elite WR.

Chambers is not a top 10 or top 15 WR in the NFL right now. Even though I love the guy on the fins and wouldnt trade him. He is a great number 2

That doesn't make any sense then. He isn't a top 15 guy so he isn't a #1? Chris Chambers is not a #2. He isn't a complementary guy. He has shown he can dominate. He led the AFC in TDs last year. He is one of the best redzone threats in the NFL and with a guy that could actually throw a deep ball last year he got by DBs multiple times. No he isn't going to get 1000 yards or catch 100 balls but he is a very good receiver. This year can not be put all on him. Yes he struggled, but he had Joey Harrington who couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life.

Athrun340
01-09-2007, 03:23 PM

how can he be a top 15 WR in the nfl if the offense has no continuity

7 qbs in his 6 year career in the nfl

gus
culpepper
fiedler
sage
lemon
feeley
harrington

3 head coaches (about to be 4)

saban
bates
wanndstedt

offensive coordinators

mularkey
linehan
turner
gailey

IMO thats like going to 7 different teams in your career .. theres no CHEMISTRY at all

Finsfan79
01-09-2007, 03:39 PM

how can he be a top 15 WR in the nfl if the offense has no continuity

7 qbs in his 6 year career in the nfl

gus
culpepper
fiedler
sage
lemon
feeley
harrington

3 head coaches (about to be 4)

saban
bates
wanndstedt

offensive coordinators

mularkey
linehan
turner
gailey

IMO thats like going to 7 different teams in your career .. theres no CHEMISTRY at all

Which adds into my opinion of his lack of being a number 1 in the NFL yet he has the potential to be a good wr. He has not put up the production so far to be worthy of the title of a number 1 elite WR in the NFL. I went into the fact of the lack of continuity and also into the lack of players around CC. But, all together he has no produced in the fashion of being a number 1. Eventually one needs to look at the potential and talent and just decide perhaps it is what it is. Perhaps part of the debate here is how you view a number 1.

I believe that just because a WR is the top WR on a team does not make him a number 1 WR in the NFL. A number 1 WR in the NFL is an elite WR that stands out above others on their team and could go to almost any team and be the leader of that team.

Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Boldin, Fitzgerald, etc etc etc.

I dont believe there is 20 or even 30 number 1s in the NFL currently. I see them as being a top elite player at that position. I do not prescribe to the notion that SF has a number 1 type of WR, or atlanta having a number 1.

I am not trying to bash chris and I am not saying trade chris like another suggested. My premise is simply right now he is really a number 2 type of wr. An above league average WR that can make some big plays but is inconsistent and often shows it as less then an Elite type of guys.

hasane
01-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Hey guys here's a site that has all of the top UFA and RFA.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

I'mAHustler
01-10-2007, 07:13 AM
I hope Calvin Johnson somehow falls. :shock:

We need to hurry and sign a coach or our organization is going to run itself around in circles :arrow:

I'mAHustler
01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
And am I the only person that thinks that drafting a QB would be a terrible decision? Why have so many people given up on Culpepper without him even playing a full healthly season? I don't understand it, he needs to be given a true chance before everyone is ready to throw him under the bus.

Grizzlegom
01-10-2007, 08:41 AM
people have given up on C-pep because hes been injured the past two years and hes hitting the ripe age of 30 this year. granted i know that isnt old but culpepper is a MUCH worse QB without his mobility and noone knows if he will be able to regain that mobility with the reconstructed knee. in addition, as he gets older, the physical beating hes taken his whole career plus the weight he carries will cause his body to deteriorate faster than others. im not saying he cant have 5 more productive seasons, i just dont know how much faith the organization or fans have in him.

i dont think we should draft a QB in the 1st round but i would love drew stanton in round 2 because that way he could sit a couple of years behind culpepper. plus we havent drafted a QB since marino retired (ok we took one in like the 6th round one year i think?) and it would just be nice to see this organization bring in some youth through the draft and commit to developing someone to be the starter that was grown in-house instead of continuing to trade or sign other teams backups. plus there is no depth cause if c-pep goes down i have little faith in lemon or harrington.

Grizzlegom
01-10-2007, 10:37 AM
on the coaching search, martz was invterviewed and it looks like brian schottenheimer and mike singletary are next up. and maybe an official interview for bates.

A source said the Dolphins will meet with Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, and the Newark Star-Ledger reported that they'll also meet with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, son of San Diego Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer, in the next few days.
Bailey also lauded San Francisco 49ers assistant head coach and linebackers coach Mike Singletary, hinting at an upcoming interview. Former Dolphins interim head coach Jim Bates is also believed to be under consideration.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-spdolphins10jan10,0,2767571.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 10:57 AM
My favorite possible offseason/draft would be the following:

Sign Samuels CB NE in the offseason away

(saw this recently in the mock area I like the idea)
Trade back to the 15th pick with Pitt and pick up a 2nd and 5th rounder.

1st Ginn Jr WR - We will most likely lose Welker to FA, Booker could be a cap loss. Ginn gives us a speedburner which we havent had for a while and a return man as well. Brohm if he is there also.

2nd Jared Gaither - LT - Monsterously huge left tackle, just like houck likes them. He gave up 2 sacks in 2 years there in college. He is a big beast and would be perfect for ronnie to run behind. Mac is a FA, James a cap loss. Toledo seems a good canidate for LG and Shelton has fit in well at RG and Carey is a good RT. Gaither will sure up the line which is key for the future of the fins.

2nd Josh Beekman - OG - Powerful guard that could make an instant impact for the team joining us to fill up the other guard position, it allows us to dump James (4+ million next year) and not depend on toledo getting healthy.

3rd Brandon Merriweather - S - Gives us another great secondary player. Dropped for problems on and off the field with the fight and all but he is a top flight safety and would be a late 1st otherwise perhaps early 2nd.

This draft would give us a WR Core with Chambers and Ginn Jr, Hagan and Vick and others. A nice young core of WRs and save money from booker being gone (traded for a 5th or cut, save 4 million for FA).

New Oline

RT Carey
RG Shelton
C Rex
LG Beekman
LT Gaither

Keep Macintosh for a backup, Toldeo as well in there as well.

Secondary

CB W Allen
CB A Samuels
S Y Bell
S B Merriweather

J Allen as well fits in wherever we can get him playing time. Daniels as a nickel/dime.

thoughts? Saves us a large amount of money and also gets us a young good oline and defensive secondary.

hasane
01-10-2007, 11:27 AM

1st Ginn Jr WR - We will most likely lose Welker to FA, Booker could be a cap loss. Ginn gives us a speedburner which we havent had for a while and a return man as well. Brohm if he is there also.

2nd Jared Gaither - LT - Monsterously huge left tackle, just like houck likes them. He gave up 2 sacks in 2 years there in college. He is a big beast and would be perfect for ronnie to run behind. Mac is a FA, James a cap loss. Toledo seems a good canidate for LG and Shelton has fit in well at RG and Carey is a good RT. Gaither will sure up the line which is key for the future of the fins.

2nd Josh Beekman - OG - Powerful guard that could make an instant impact for the team joining us to fill up the other guard position, it allows us to dump James (4+ million next year) and not depend on toledo getting healthy.

3rd Brandon Merriweather - S - Gives us another great secondary player. Dropped for problems on and off the field with the fight and all but he is a top flight safety and would be a late 1st otherwise perhaps early 2nd.

This draft would give us a WR Core with Chambers and Ginn Jr, Hagan and Vick and others. A nice young core of WRs and save money from booker being gone (traded for a 5th or cut, save 4 million for FA).

New Oline

RT Carey
RG Shelton
C Rex
LG Beekman
LT Gaither

Secondary

CB W Allen
CB A Samuels
S Y Bell
S B Merriweather

J Allen as well fits in wherever we can get him playing time. Daniels as a nickel/dime.

thoughts? Saves us a large amount of money and also gets us a young good oline and defensive secondary.

I love the draft and the Samuel signing except for the G in the second, i would prefer to get a OLB to replace spragan and get a guard later in the draft. He just doesn't cut it anymore.

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree he doesnt but I think we can replace him in FA with someone. Just not sure whom yet. I need to look it all over more. I just gotta wonder if we keep the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3

hasane
01-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree he doesnt but I think we can replace him in FA with someone. Just not sure whom yet. I need to look it all over more. I just gotta wonder if we keep the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3

If they keep the 3-4 i would love the dolphins to get Adalius Thomas, but he's also 30 and probably wants a long term contract and lots of money. Personally i would rather get Asante Samuel over Thomas.

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I dont think we have enough cash to get Adalius and samuels. But Adalius would be a perfect fit.

Athrun340
01-10-2007, 02:29 PM

New Oline

RT Carey
RG Shelton
C Rex
LG Beekman
LT Gaither

Secondary

CB W Allen
CB A Samuels
S Y Bell
S B Merriweather

why would pitt wanna move up? i dont think they're targeting anybody since they're still the same team from last year

..and giving a 2nd round pick just to move up 6 spot? no way its gonna happen

3rd round maybe but not 2nd

BehrenMan007
01-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Instead of Merriweather, I would prefer a CB

skarocksoi
01-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Theres no way Pittsburgh trades up that high, because there's no one we really need or want that high. We need more guys in lower rounds to get some youth on our team, not just one possible star.

On another note, I'm making a mock, and I was wondering what you thought of picking up Darelle Revis of Pitt.

Athrun340
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Theres no way Pittsburgh trades up that high, because there's no one we really need or want that high. We need more guys in lower rounds to get some youth on our team, not just one possible star.

On another note, I'm making a mock, and I was wondering what you thought of picking up Darelle Revis of Pitt.

I like dwayne jarrett

but wait for their comments before making one.. :wink:

draftguru151
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
If we draft Ginn I will cry. I don't even care if we trade back.

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Dwayne Jarrett was rumored to be liked by them by a pitt fan on here and elsewhere. The only way he would be there for them if theyjumped up into the top 10 and that is about equal upon the trade scale to worth (little in their favor actually). Jarrett and Holmes togetherwould be a good future core with Hines Ward still too. that is some nice targets. Else they could take branch for a bit of DE play in the 3-4 system.

And I would rather pick nobody then pick a player with the stench of the wannstache upon him and Revis has that stench all over him. I dont like him specially at number 9.

As for merriweather in the 3rd he is a high talent guy that could slide into the safety role where it seems (according to the dolphines before the end of the year) that allen projects more of a CB then a Safety. If that is so and he seems not to get it as a safety then this might bea good fix. Himand Bell would be a nice pair of safeties along wth Hill.

draftguru151
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
If Carroll does become our coach I guarantee Jarrett will be in Miami.

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
I would absolutely love to have Jarrett here.

Athrun340
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I would absolutely love to have Jarrett here.

me too but not carroll :lol:

enough with the college coaches already ..

Finsfan79
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
in his defense he was a pro coach first technically. But then again I do consider the jets a college team.

Grizzlegom
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
im right there with u DG on the ted ginn thing. i would cry tears of misery...

next, i love the idea of drafting jarrett but i dont want carroll.

Phins28
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I've got this feeling that Pete Carroll will be our head coach. Wayne is looking for the big name.

Ace
01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I've got this feeling that Pete Carroll will be our head coach. Wayne is looking for the big name.

I got the same feeling. Pete might said that he like to stay at USC, but I think he'll change his mind if he does get the job offer. He said that he would consider going back to the NFL if he can have control, and that is exactly what Wayne is doing.

bearsfan_51
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
If that happens will you post a picture of you crying for all to see? I think it's only fair.

I'mAHustler
01-11-2007, 08:03 AM
If that happens will you post a picture of you crying for all to see? I think it's only fair.Ted Ginn sucks. I hope he stays in school, drarfting Jarrett wouldn't be that bad.

Phins28
01-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Why you don't like him, he has a lot of speed and that is what we need, a homerun hitter, a guy who stretches the field.

fotbll36
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
We already have that in Chambers, we don't need 2 of them. If we drafted a WR i'd much rather it be Jarrett, a guy who will go across the middle and make the catch...Thats more what we need.

reese
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
id rather have jarrett too....he is more complete...ginn has raw speed but isnt very developed as a reciever

Athrun340
01-11-2007, 02:55 PM
new kicker

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/jan/11/prater_signs_dolphins/

:shock:

BehrenMan007
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Are we losing a home game to play in great Britain?

I'mAHustler
01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I just wish we could get Calvin Johnson. I think we would set the AFC East ablaze with him... :shock:

Finsfan79
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I just wish we could get Calvin Johnson. I think we would set the AFC East ablaze with him... :shock:

trade up to number 3-4 and we could but Idont see it happens

Grizzlegom
01-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Are we losing a home game to play in great Britain?

it appears that we are...wow that really screws over phins fans that live in Miami or have season tickets...living up here in the north, im hoping that it is still gonna be televised correctly so i can at least see it. in addition, its apparently either the bills game or the giants game. that would REALLY suck to have a home division game not at home.

on the bright side, every team is gonna have to do it and at least we are the first to get it over with.

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/817615/detail.html