PDA

View Full Version : The Defense and My Optimism

bored of education
08-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I could write a 500-1000 word blog as to why I think this defense, even with the 'vet' presence at the corners could be a top 10 defense.

Donnie, 100 words.

DJ, 1000 words. This guy is going to have a comming out party this year. 1012 words

The Safeties, 600 words.

The new arrivals, 400 words.

OK I'm done typing.

I really think this team is on the verge of being an above average defense.

Splat
08-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I agree if we can keep our starters on the field we are a top 15 D for sure and moving up I don't think fans around the NFL really know how close this D is to really stepping it up.

BPhilb
08-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Agreed here also. As much as the media wants to harp on our problems offensivley, nobody seems to be taking serious on the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure we are all going to be pulling our hair out this year because I forsee a ton of close games coming down to the forth quarter, but I like the fact that we should actually have the ability to stop someone this year.

Hermstheman83
08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
This sounds kind of homerish, but I think we are a top ten defense now, with another good draft, we'll be a top three. I think give Turk and Tank a year to get the tackle position down, we'll get a big push. Then our two DE's become pro-bowl caliber. Lock them down into a long term deal..Draft a Weak side linebacker for Donnie's replacement, find a good CB or two...in the words of Jared Allen, "I'm getting so excited I can't see straight".