PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett

Brent
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Obviously, I could take the homer route on him and declare him as the best possible TE in this upcoming class but Scott has him going at #19, before John Carlson. Sure, he's a pretty good TE but is "Money" Bennett really viewed as that talented or is his high rating partly an estimation of how highly he is going to be viewed?

draftguru151
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Bennett had a pretty good year last year but him being that high definitely has something to do with his potential. His size (6'7", 250) along with his athleticism can definitely make him the top TE prospect if he comes out next year.

PACKmanN
08-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Who do you guys think is the talented/fastest TE in the draft? I know Davis was a former WR but I keep on hearing every year the guy comes out of shape.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-09-2007, 03:10 AM
John Carlson, no homer

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Bennett could be a top 10 pick if his play matches up with his freakish raw ability. I think that John Carlson and Travis Beckum are more complete TE's , but Bennett has the chance to be Antonio Gates like.

Axl Rose
08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Who do you guys think is the talented/fastest TE in the draft? I know Davis was a former WR but I keep on hearing every year the guy comes out of shape.

I'd take Carlson as the first TE drafted, hes 6'6 265, very good hands, clutch, intelligent, athletic(former B-ball player), and a very good blocker.

jbeans187
08-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Rucker from Mizzou cant be forgotten, decent blocker, good hands, good athlete, great character and intelligence as well

Sniper
08-10-2007, 01:56 AM
I think Bennett could be a top 10 pick if his play matches up with his freakish raw ability. I think that John Carlson and Travis Beckum are more complete TE's , but Bennett has the chance to be Antonio Gates like.

Yeah but Beckum is tiny for a TE. He needs to bulk up badly. I think if Bennett produces like he can this year, he's the first TE taken.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 01:58 AM
What kind of speed does bennet actualyl have because i have seen sites and magazines and preview shows saying he is the top college tight end.. then he gets no draft love it seems... i havnt seen jack on him... is he even that fast? or just quick... he played basketball so i know he can jump...

Brent
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
What kind of speed does bennet actualyl have because i have seen sites and magazines and preview shows saying he is the top college tight end.. then he gets no draft love it seems... i havnt seen jack on him... is he even that fast? or just quick... he played basketball so i know he can jump...
He's not Vernon Davis-fast but I would say he's as fast as any of the other top TEs.

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Beckum is about 220 to 230 which is tiny for a TE. If he wants to be a first round pick he needs to play at 245 to 250 or so, which I don't see happening.

Martellus Bennett seems like a great athlete who doesn't do as much on the field. If he enters the draft without having a good year this year I wouldn't take him until late round 2 at best.

draftguru151
08-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Bennett did pretty well on the field last year. Nearly 500 yards and 3 TDs isn't amazing but sure isn't bad. And he's a pretty good blocker to boot.

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
If Ben Troupe and Ben Watson can be 1st Round picks, Bennett can be a 1st Round Pick.

Addict
08-10-2007, 06:07 PM
If Ben Troupe and Ben Watson can be 1st Round picks, Bennett can be a 1st Round Pick.

Watson doesn't count, he was picked by the Pats, they stockpile TEs

badgerbacker
08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I think Bennett could be a top 10 pick if his play matches up with his freakish raw ability. I think that John Carlson and Travis Beckum are more complete TE's , but Bennett has the chance to be Antonio Gates like.As of last year, Beckum was certainly not a complete TE. His blocking leaves a lot to be desired and a lot of the time, he was simply a WR who occasionally went into a 3-point stance. One thing to note, however, is that in high school Beckum was seen in the weightroom by a scout who claimed that he had a nearly identical physique to Kellen Winslow Jr. when he was the same age. While that doesn't mean too much unless he actually does bulk up, hopefully it means he has the capability too.

energizerbunny
08-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Troupe was a 2nd round pick.

but, If jerramy stevens can be a 1st round pick Bennett can easily be one. At this point I think Bennett is a better prospect.

foozball
08-11-2007, 02:59 PM
bennett should run around a 4.7-4.75, and i wouldnt be surprised if he ran around a 4.65-4.7

he's a tougher more athletic marcedes lewis IMO