PDA

View Full Version : Most improved team?

RaiderLifer
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
What team do you think will be the most improved and why?

My vote is for the Raiders for a couple of reasons. First I am a homer. Second the defense is very young and already very good. All the offense has to do is be passable and we will be competitive. The D kept us in almost every game last year and that was with the worst offense in the history of the universe. Third, how can we not improve on two wins.

neko4
08-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Raiders cant get any worse can they?

HawkeyeFan
08-08-2007, 10:44 PM
49ers or Rams.

Rams were terrible at Speceial Teams and added Dante Hall.
were terrible at the RE position and added veteran pass rusher James Hall who had 5 sacks in 7 games before he got hurt last year.

Terrible at NT and added Carriker who has been looking beastly.
Had no depth at Safety and added Todd Johnson.
Needed red zone threats on Offense other than Jackson, addded Drew Bennet and Randy McMichael.

yodabear
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
The Falcons.

I am serious on this one. They are a better team with Joey Harrington than they are with Michael Vick. Harrington is gonna lead the Falcons to the playoffs and win comeback player of the year.

neko4
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
The Falcons.

I am serious on this one. They are a better team with Joey Harrington than they are with Michael Vick. Harrington is gonna lead the Falcons to the playoffs and win comeback player of the year.

OR! the Lions will make the playoffs!
OR! Barry Bonds will be proved innocent of taking roids!

neko4
08-08-2007, 10:48 PM
49ers or Rams.

Rams were terrible at Speceial Teams and added Dante Hall.
were terrible at the RE position and added veteran pass rusher James Hall who had 5 sacks in 7 games before he got hurt last year.

Terrible at NT and added Carriker who has been looking beastly.
Had no depth at Safety and added Todd Johnson.
Needed red zone threats on Offense other than Jackson, addded Drew Bennet and Randy McMichael.

Carrikers more of a DE in the 3-4 (he's only like 290 right?) and hall isnt what he used to be

stl9erfan
The Falcons.

I really hope you're right. I've always rooted for Joey Harrington, and this would be a hell of a story if he finally stepped up as an NFL story this year because Vick got busted.

yodabear
OR! the Lions will make the playoffs!
OR! Barry Bonds will be proved innocent of taking roids!

U want me to put the thing I just said in my sig, I am serious on that one. The Falcons will have a better record this year than last year.

Shiver
08-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Are you kidding me? You used "Oakland Raiders" and "improving" in the same sentence, without "not" also being included.

BuckNaked
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM

My vote is for the Raiders for a couple of reasons. First I am a homer. Second the defense is very young and already very good. All the offense has to do is be passable and we will be competitive. The D kept us in almost every game last year and that was with the worst offense in the history of the universe. Third, how can we not improve on two wins.

It's nice to see we have some completely unbiased opinions on this forum. Oh wait . . .

neko4
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
U want me to put the thing I just said in my sig, I am serious on that one. The Falcons will have a better record this year than last year.

Well if youre serious than I'll just have to wait and see

yodabear
08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days, if they had any. He didn't live up to the third pick. Last year, with the Dolphins, he wasn't in the mindset of being the man with Culpepper, so he didn't get all the reps he is getting this year now. And this year, he is going in as the guy replacing the guy who was supposed to be the guy. And he won't have the pressure. I BELIEVE IN JOEY! He played well in college, Petrino has been a college guy recently, I think Joey will be good, if not great.

neko4
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM
No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days, if they had any. He didn't live up to the third pick. Last year, with the Dolphins, he wasn't in the mindset of being the man with Culpepper, so he didn't get all the reps he is getting this year now. And this year, he is going in as the guy replacing the guy who was supposed to be the guy. And he won't have the pressure. I BELIEVE IN JOEY! He played well in college, Petrino has been a college guy recently, I think Joey will be good, if not great.

But is their WR core up to the task?

yodabear
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
But is their WR core up to the task?

Jenkins needs to step up and Horn needs to stay healthy. If that can happen fo shizzle. And Alge Crumpler is a darn good TE. Norwood and Dunn are a solid backfield. Es very nice.

Bearsfan123
08-08-2007, 11:09 PM
although i think they are an improved team, they are not the MOST improved. I think that honor goes to the 49ers.

TitleTown088
08-08-2007, 11:16 PM
No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days.

The only people who are capable of remembering Detroit's glory days are now so senile they actually believe the brawl at the palace was actually a Lions playoff game.

HawkeyeFan
08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Carrikers more of a DE in the 3-4 (he's only like 290 right?) and hall isnt what he used to beNo. Carriker is upto 315 now,.

Hall isn't what he was before, so you think.

PoopSandwich
08-08-2007, 11:34 PM
My vote goes to New England... They added so much talent.

PACKmanN
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Pitt, I just like the way Tomlin style is, he reminds me alot like Tony Dungy. They will finsh 9-7 or 10-6.

Basileus777
08-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Pittsburgh would be my choice, despite the strength of the AFC North.

To be honest, I'm not sold on any of the teams in the NFC West.

Sniper
08-09-2007, 12:02 AM
You could make a case for Philly. Scott, Reagor, actually getting Bunkley to play. Getting Kearse back as well as Abiamiri who will play a lot. Finally got a big power back and if Spikes plays up to his ability, wow.

Boston
08-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Wow........

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm saying the Detroit Lions. Mike Martz running the offense with Williams, Furrey, and Calvin plus the addition of Tatum Bell in case Kevin Jones can't come back right away will allow him to run another version of the Greatest Show on Turf. Look for them to be in the playoff hunt until late in the season.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 12:11 AM

Its a good thing they did since they only went to the AFC Championship Game last season. :rolleyes:

Boston
08-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm saying the Detroit Lions. Mike Martz running the offense with Williams, Furrey, and Calvin plus the addition of Tatum Bell in case Kevin Jones can't come back right away will allow him to run another version of the Greatest Show on Turf. Look for them to be in the playoff hunt until late in the season.

People have been saying this every year, and every year, the Lions are at the bottom of the division, all by there lonely selves.

Vikes99ej
08-09-2007, 12:16 AM
AFC: Pats

NFC: Niners

yo123
08-09-2007, 12:17 AM
People have been saying this every year, and every year, the Lions are at the bottom of the division, all by there lonely selves.

Yeah, word on the street is good teams need a defense and an offensive line. Im still waiting for people to realize that. The same thing has been happening with the Cardinals the last couple years. People get pumped up about their position players but forget there is other parts of the game

RedLionAle
08-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Might not be the MOST improved, but the Texans are right up there.

New QB in Shaub, who I won't talk about much until I really see him in some games...

Adding Green to the backfield that started Ron Dayne for most of last year is a HUGE improvement.

Despite losing Moulds in the offseason, the Texans, IMO, have improved at Wide Receiver. Drafting Jones, signing McCardell, Johnson, and Davis... All we need is for one to step up as a solid #2 guy and we'll have great depth behind him and AJ.

Defensivly, we added depth at LB, which is nice. The D-line has also, hopefully, been solidified by the drafting of Okoye, who will hopefully help Williams become a more productive player this year... The only thing that didn't get much help was the Secondary... Which worries me, because outside of Dunta, our secondary is REALLY bad.

Also, Mathis is healthly again now, so he'll be around to return kicks again.

BrownsTown
08-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Celtics. Oh wait, wrong sport. I'll go Patriots then.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Why are the Patriots getting so much love? This is a team that was 30 minutes from the Super Bowl!

Diehard
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM

If they can protect the QB I think the Raiders will end up with a better record than the Chiefs (particularly if LJ takes off to another team). However, if the OL is still in shambles, well, be prepared for another long season of pain in Raiderland...

The Texans are in a similar situation. OL line play, which hasn't been their strength, will dictate how good a team they can be. I'm not sold on Green, though, as I suspect he'll stay true to form and not play a full season.

My picks:

AFC - Miami
NFC - Tampa Bay

Smooth Criminal
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll be rooting for Harrington to finally find success somewhere.

As to most improved, I think it will be the Tampa Bay Buccanears. I think they will have around 9 or 10 wins with Garcia starting.

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Its a good thing they did since they only went to the AFC Championship Game last season. :rolleyes:

Okay so because a team went to the AFC Championship game last year doesn't mean they didn't improve?

Added - Stallworth, Welker, Moss, Adalius Thomas, Meriweather...

If Samuel gets back on the field, with the additions listed above, they are the most improved team talent wise, you can't tell me just because they went to the AFC championship game that they didn't improve, thats the worst argument I've ever heard in fact, because a team went to the Championship game doesn't mean they can't improve their talent the most, and in my opinion they did.

They wen't from AFC Championship losers, to in my mind Super Bowl winners (I think they will win it all this year.)

PalmerToCJ
08-09-2007, 11:37 AM

I wouldn't say the defense is very good. I think a few Raiders fans are getting too stuck into the whole passing defense numbers which are flawed because teams were beating you all bad enough they didn't have to pass. I'm not saying the defense isn't bad or even average, just that if/when the offense picks up the defense will take a step back.

I saw the same thing happen with the Bengals in '99 I believe. The offense was so terrible but the defenses numbers looked great because of the fact that they knew teams were running on them so they could stop the run and passing numbers didn't go up because teams had no need to pass on a team they were slaughtering. I think we went from a top 10 defense to bottom half without changing up much because the offense finally improved.

I think the Raiders will improve but Tampa, New England and IMO Buffalo will all take more meaningful leaps this year.

Komp
08-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I think the Raiders will improve but Tampa, New England and IMO Buffalo will all take more meaningful leaps this year.

You lost me at Tampa. And Buffalo. Both those teams will be horrible this year. but will be better off in 3 years from now b/c of the playing time the young guys will be getting.

UKfan
08-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Cardinals, I think the addition of Levi Brown will make a difference to the O-line and Edge will have a better season that last, not that I am expecting the O-line to be amazing or anything, but the addition of Russ Grimm should also help.
The D is also running a hybrid 3-4 / 4-3 which seems to suit pretty well, save for one pass rushing linebacker.
Finally Leinart has more experience in the offense and was on a bit of a roll at the end of the season as I recall.

I know the Cards are a trendy pick every year, but I really believe it this year.

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
You lost me at Tampa. And Buffalo. Both those teams will be horrible this year. but will be better off in 3 years from now b/c of the playing time the young guys will be getting.

Raiders might win three games this year instead of 2...

Honestly though, what makes you think the Raiders will be better than Buffalo or Tampa? I don't think either of those teams are good, but until the Raiders offense can prove its worth, they're down at the bottom of my list.

SubNoize
08-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Honestly though, what makes you think the Raiders will be better than Buffalo or Tampa? I don't think either of those teams are good, but until the Raiders offense can prove its worth, they're down at the bottom of my list.

I think a Brown's fans should take a hard look in the mirror before taking shots at the Raiders. at least we've never sucked soo bad that we had to take a couple years off just to let the fans build a little hope up inside again, only to be reunited with the same great suckiness, but a new era! talk to us when you've actually won more than 9 games in a season this decade.

LSUALUM99
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Seattle.

Adding Kerney to an already good pass rushing team. Improving their Safety situation. Alexander should be far more healthy than last year and of course Deion Branch now has another year in their system. They are my pick for the NFC West title and should be a far better team than last year. If they aren't playing in Late January I'll be surprised.

Komp
08-09-2007, 02:10 PM

My comment really has nothing to do with the Raiders. Just getting to 5 wins would be huge for them. They still have a long ways to go.

I just don't think Buffalo or Tampa is a good choice for an improving team. A lot of their talent has left [Buffalo] or is getting older [Tampa]. I still think they are both a year away from turning the corner.

soybean
08-09-2007, 02:16 PM
raiders and cardnials. So far good things have been said about the two new head coaches.

Also according to matt leinart, the O-Line looks really good this time.

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I think a Brown's fans should take a hard look in the mirror before taking shots at the Raiders. at least we've never sucked soo bad that we had to take a couple years off just to let the fans build a little hope up inside again, only to be reunited with the same great suckiness, but a new era! talk to us when you've actually won more than 9 games in a season this decade.

Did I ever say the Browns are good? At least I know my team sucks, maybe you should come to the realization.

Also, if you want to talk about teams improving?

Raiders did a better job than the Browns?... Right....

We added Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Brady Quinn, Eric Wright, Antwan Peak, Shaun Smith, Robaire Smith, Jamal Lewis, and depth at other positions...

Who exactly did the Raiders add that are going to make them take the jump to the next level?

Also, shows alot of class when you need to take a shot at Art taking the team away, lots of class man.

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 04:41 PM
My comment really has nothing to do with the Raiders. Just getting to 5 wins would be huge for them. They still have a long ways to go.

Ok, I thought you were saying that they were the most improved team and better than the Bucs and Bills, when they really haven't shown anything except for something on defense...

I respect your opinion and don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't think the Raiders have improved enough yet, Rhodes was a good pickup but hes suspended for 4 games (I believe) and Russell was good, but the team is hurting his progress by not getting him in on time, Porter is your only true receiving threat right now, and he pretty much took all of last year off... Your offensive line is a big question mark...

At least you guys have a defense though, I don't have anything against the Raiders, I just don't think they have improved that much.

SubNoize
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Did I ever say the Browns are good? At least I know my team sucks, maybe you should come to the realization.

Also, if you want to talk about teams improving?

Raiders did a better job than the Browns?... Right....

We added Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Brady Quinn, Eric Wright, Antwan Peak, Shaun Smith, Robaire Smith, Jamal Lewis, and depth at other positions...

Who exactly did the Raiders add that are going to make them take the jump to the next level?

Also, shows alot of class when you need to take a shot at Art taking the team away, lots of class man.

you named 3 rookies who've never played a down, I can do that too... Moses, Miller and Bush, first 2 are alreayd starters and the 3rd has a shot when he comes back. Antwan Peak and Shaun smith are not notable enough to even mention, Smith barely is... Steinbach was a good pick up, but you've already gotten him injured what a surprise, was he riding a motorcycle? Jamal Lewis is old, great depth addition? He'll be gone soon and then what?

The Raiders dumped their old regime who contructed an outdated playbook and ran a horrible O-Line scheme and decided a 7 step drop went well with it, that alone bought them at least 2 more wins. They also have a whole new right side of the line matching a switched left side and have a potential new center. I'm not trying to say the Raiders are playoff bound, but you're classless statment of "what 3 wins now" was erroneous and showed your lack of knowledge.

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
you named 3 rookies who've never played a down, I can do that too... Moses, Miller and Bush, first 2 are alreayd starters and the 3rd has a shot when he comes back. Antwan Peak and Shaun smith are not notable enough to even mention, Smith barely is...

Peak is doing really good and might actually start, I named first and second rounders, that are supposed to improve our team greatly, thus why I said we have improved more over this year, you know, a starting quarterback left tackle and corner. Apparently rookies are drafted to do nothing and not improve your team at all, why hold a draft then. By the way... How is Gallery working out for you pal?

Steinbach was a good pick up, but you've already gotten him injured what a surprise, was he riding a motorcycle? Jamal Lewis is old, great depth addition? He'll be gone soon and then what?

Jamal Lewis is 28, and no Steinbach didn't injure himself on a motorcycle, more class from you again, but I'll return the favor, how was it giving up so much to get Randy Moss, he is really going to help your teams future as it looks right now, also, a great addition in Rhodes, I mean you acquire him and he gets suspended immediately!

The Raiders dumped their old regime who contructed an outdated playbook and ran a horrible O-Line scheme and decided a 7 step drop went well with it, that alone bought them at least 2 more wins.

Browns got rid of Mo Carthon, and brought in an offensive genius in Chud... We also got a new receivers coach THANK GOD.

They also have a whole new right side of the line matching a switched left side and have a potential new center. I'm not trying to say the Raiders are playoff bound, but you're classless statment of "what 3 wins now" was erroneous and showed your lack of knowledge.

It was a joke man, it looked as if he were ripping on the Bills and Buc's so I said the Raiders can improve to three wins instead of two, but apparently that hit a nerve with you...

Anyways, thanks for wins the past two seasons, for as much as we suck you still suck more, and I will be looking forward to playing you guys again.

SubNoize
08-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Peak is doing really good and might actually start, I named first and second rounders, that are supposed to improve our team greatly, thus why I said we have improved more over this year, you know, a starting quarterback left tackle and corner. Apparently rookies are drafted to do nothing and not improve your team at all, why hold a draft then. By the way... How is Gallery working out for you pal?

Gallery is working out amazingly well so far this year, he's really responded to the ZBS and the switch to guard and is looking much faster and slimmer than previous years. thanks for the concern though. We also drafted a QB, LT and a corner, i think they have about the same amount of playing time soo far so I wouldn't really mention that.

Jamal Lewis is 28, and no Steinbach didn't injure himself on a motorcycle, more class from you again, but I'll return the favor, how was it giving up so much to get Randy Moss, he is really going to help your teams future as it looks right now, also, a great addition in Rhodes, I mean you acquire him and he gets suspended immediately!

the avergae RB last till 30 so I'm sorry, 2 more years then what? Giving up the 7th pick which was used on Troy Williamson didn't effect us much, we just traded Doug Jolley and picked up Fab Washington, that worked out well actually. We knew Rhodes would be suspended, so that wasn't a shocker, he'll be back in Oct.

Browns got rid of Mo Carthon, and brought in an offensive genius in Chud... We also got a new receivers coach THANK GOD.

Genius??? We'll see when the games are played.

It was a joke man, it looked as if he were ripping on the Bills and Buc's so I said the Raiders can improve to three wins instead of two, but apparently that hit a nerve with you...

Anyways, thanks for wins the past two seasons, for as much as we suck you still suck more, and I will be looking forward to playing you guys again.

yeah, those were quality wins too, so did those wins get you in the playoffs? Nope? that's what I thought, so i guess they didn't matter anyways. and going off that the Texans must really be awesome, I mean they beat the colts so that makes them better...

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Gallery is working out amazingly well so far this year, he's really responded to the ZBS and the switch to guard and is looking much faster and slimmer than previous years. thanks for the concern though. We also drafted a QB, LT and a corner, i think they have about the same amount of playing time soo far so I wouldn't really mention that.

Doesn't matter if you drafted them and they have the same amount of playing time, that would be like me saying to a Lions fan "We drafted a WR and he has the same playing time as Calvin Johnson."

Gallery better look better hes at LG, he couldn't handle pass rushers at all last year, he flat out stunk it up.

the avergae RB last till 30 so I'm sorry, 2 more years then what? Giving up the 7th pick which was used on Troy Williamson didn't effect us much, we just traded Doug Jolley and picked up Fab Washington, that worked out well actually. We knew Rhodes would be suspended, so that wasn't a shocker, he'll be back in Oct.

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/71789234.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D35DE93A42866AC72A4 6F1A611653D3294A

Don't be surprised to see the Browns go after him with all they have next year... Also, Jamal Lewis is looking amazing in training camp, we will see when the year comes around though.

yeah, those were quality wins too, so did those wins get you in the playoffs? Nope? that's what I thought, so i guess they didn't matter anyways. and going off that the Texans must really be awesome, I mean they beat the colts so that makes them better...

Didn't say that, but it's still funny that you rip on the Browns like you have, and we beat you both times the last two years and you resort to the playoffs? We both suck, you know it I know it the rest of the league know it, but when I point out we beat you both of the past two years, you bring up playoffs? PLAYOFFS? YOU KIDDING ME PLAYOFFS? I Just hope we can win a game.

P.S My motorcycle riding tight end even got a touchdown against you guys!

yo123
08-09-2007, 05:26 PM
man, people stil havent given up on Robert Gallery?

SubNoize
08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Didn't say that, but it's still funny that you rip on the Browns like you have, and we beat you both times the last two years and you resort to the playoffs? We both suck, you know it I know it the rest of the league know it, but when I point out we beat you both of the past two years, you bring up playoffs? PLAYOFFS? YOU KIDDING ME PLAYOFFS? I Just hope we can win a game.

P.S My motorcycle riding tight end even got a touchdown against you guys!

you mentioning beating us was insinuating that you're better that's why i mentioned the texans because it's the same thinking behind it, anybody can win "any given sunday" it's cliche but true. it ultimately got you to the same place in january, nowhere... Also was that one of his 3? Impressive! He's elite! I mean 3 TDs is lighting it up...

PoopSandwich
08-09-2007, 05:36 PM
you mentioning beating us was insinuating that you're better that's why i mentioned the texans because it's the same thinking behind it, anybody can win "any given sunday" it's cliche but true. it ultimately got you to the same place in january, nowhere... Also was that one of his 3? Impressive! He's elite! I mean 3 TDs is lighting it up...

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

I don't even know which way to put this, because no matter which way I put this its going to be hilarious...

You mock Winslow for 3 touchdowns? YOUR TEAM RECEIVING WISE HAD 7 RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS!!!!

7 RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS IN 16 GAMES... But you mock Winslow.

Wow........ I am done here, YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.

SubNoize
08-09-2007, 05:59 PM
LOL LOL LOL!!!!

I don't even know which way to put this, because no matter which way I put this its going to be hilarious...

You mock Winslow for 3 touchdowns? YOUR TEAM RECEIVING WISE HAD 7 RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS!!!!

7 RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS IN 16 GAMES... But you mock Winslow.

Wow........ I am done here, YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.

I lose??? what were we playing for? Yeah 7 TDs in 16 games, bad i know. I'm not defending last year, but that doesn't mean that the 3 TDs was awful considering how many balls he caught. so you won what, still proving your TE can't score for ****... Again, were both teams sitting at home in january? yep sure were, so what's the argument? Are you better losers than we are>? The Browns are no closer to the playoffs than the Raiders, we have you on defense you have us on offense...

themaninblack
08-09-2007, 06:03 PM
the bengals defensive unit should be vastly improved IMO.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 08:30 PM
the bengals defensive unit should be vastly improved IMO.

Doubtful, very doubtful.......

keylime_5
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I say 49ers and Steelers. Raiders still have a crappy offensive line, mediocre receivers, and a crappy QB...and they didn't sign but 2 or 3 free agents, none blockbuster. They might go from 2-14 to 4-12 or 5-11, whoopee. New England actually did the most to improve itself, but they aren't what I'd call the most improved team considering they were AFC runners up last year. Pittsburgh will have the most improved record though (from 7-9 to 11-5 or so I think). Also, Tampa Bay was a playoff team 2 years ago, their defense will be very very good this year and their offense is a lot better with Sears, Petitgout and Garcia...they will win at least 7 or 8 games, but maybe 9 or 10.

themaninblack
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Doubtful, very doubtful.......

we'll see.

PACKmanN
08-09-2007, 10:28 PM
What about the Cowboys? if there O-line mans up then they can be a team to grind till the end or be taken out early in games by them.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 10:29 PM
we'll see.

Why would you think they would get much better? Thurman is still suspended, they're thinking of letting a rookie start over O'Neil, and Pollock is still hurt. I don't see a reason why they would be much better.

PACKmanN
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Why would you think they would get much better? Thurman is still suspended, they're thinking of letting a rookie start over O'Neil, and Pollock is still hurt. I don't see a reason why they would be much better.

They also have no talented depth on the defense because as you can see the Loins came back to win that game so when someone goes down they are done in that position.

bearsfan_51
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
The Lions. I'm dead serious on this. They are the only team with any shot of winning the NFC North. Granted it's not much of a shot, but it's a shot. They should win 7 games.

BigDawg819
08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
The Lions. I'm dead serious on this. They are the only team with any shot of winning the NFC North. Granted it's not much of a shot, but it's a shot. They should win 7 games.

I said before in this thread, Martz with the offseason additions will be able to run another version of the Greatest Show on Turf and thats going to score points. The Lions will make some noise this year, and even a hint of a playoff run is a major step in the right direction for this team.

PalmerToCJ
08-09-2007, 11:50 PM
They also have no talented depth on the defense because as you can see the Loins came back to win that game so when someone goes down they are done in that position.

Not really... At DE we're short, LB isn't bad... Last year two of the players that may be sitting this season started a large majority of the games. Adding Ahmad Brooks and losing Tory James are BIG improvements. That along with Robert Geathers, Domata Peko, Rashad Jeanty, Madieu Williams and Johnathan Joseph improving we should at least improve (not hard to do).

Our run D will be good this year. Ahmad Brooks, Domata Peko, Rashad Jeanty and Justin Smith are good against the run. I'm still concerned about our secondary but the talent level has improved, it's just a matter of putting it together.

In terms of record I think the Bengals could be +4 or +5 on last year which would make them one of the more improved teams but in terms of additions we aren't one of the most improved... Much of it relys on regaining health and the growth of our young players as well as luck/schedule.

EDIT: I wrote this before seeing the second half, you obviously didn't watch the game. We gave up only 10 points with 7 minutes left in the game and the defense on the field always had 6-8 players that won't even make the team so they aren't considered depth. Marvin White played the whole second half and was making plays, Eric Henderson/Rashad Jeanty/Andre Frazier all played DE (they're all SLB's) and occasionaly Chinedum Ndukwe played. Other than that all players who won't make the team.

steelernation77
08-10-2007, 02:57 AM
I say 49ers and Steelers. Raiders still have a crappy offensive line, mediocre receivers, and a crappy QB...and they didn't sign but 2 or 3 free agents, none blockbuster. They might go from 2-14 to 4-12 or 5-11, whoopee. New England actually did the most to improve itself, but they aren't what I'd call the most improved team considering they were AFC runners up last year. Pittsburgh will have the most improved record though (from 7-9 to 11-5 or so I think). Also, Tampa Bay was a playoff team 2 years ago, their defense will be very very good this year and their offense is a lot better with Sears, Petitgout and Garcia...they will win at least 7 or 8 games, but maybe 9 or 10.

steelers went 8-8 last year

Modano
08-10-2007, 04:30 AM
I think wthis year's turnaround team will be the Buffalo Bills. They're not gonna be as good as the Saints last year, but I think they're gonna finish second in their division with a record of 8-8 or 9-7.
The offense is good. I'm a big fan of Marshawn and I think he will get the job done with solid offensive line play. They have some question mark at the receiving corp, but Losman is a good player and he will move the ball.
On defense, Poz is a perfect fit for them, he will be in the running for DROY, while Crowell is a very good LB, the DL is solid and they have two very good safeties. They have concern at the CB position, but the Saints managed to play in the NFC championship with Fred Thomas starting...

Iamcanadian
08-10-2007, 05:11 AM

Your kidding right! Harrington has absolutely zero chance of ever being a decent starting NFL QB. He has no leadership qualities and panics under pressure. If you cannot beat out Cleo Lemon(Miami), it's doubtful you should even be in the league. Atlanta was desperate and that is the only thing keeping him in the league.

themaninblack
08-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Thurman is being replaced by a much bigger and much better football player. deltha o'neil may lose his starting job because he has not been very good. We were 15th against the run last year and dead last against the pass. i expect our pass defense to improve tremendously with Tory James being gone and with Dexter Jackson being healthy. Tory James was horrid last year.

no love
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Your kidding right! Harrington has absolutely zero chance of ever being a decent starting NFL QB. He has no leadership qualities and panics under pressure. If you cannot beat out Cleo Lemon(Miami), it's doubtful you should even be in the league. Atlanta was desperate and that is the only thing keeping him in the league.

Only because the Lions ruined him, he probably has zero confidence the way he was handled in Detriot. He was a fiery leader with the Ducks.