PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis has some harsh words for the Ravens

dcarey20
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2007-08-08-jlewis-nfl_N.htm

Jamal has done nothing but talk down the Ravens since he went ot Cleveland, and this is probably the worst yet.

"I was ready to go," he says. "I didn't want to be there no more. I think they were making excuses, more than anything else, as far as the running game."

The Ravens were making excuses? That's why when asked why you were averaging a measly 3.5 ypc you put the blame on the scheme, your ankle, and the offensive line. You didn't want to be there? Right. Anyone remember how much Jamal wanted to stay right before we got Willis?

"What did they do to make the running game better? Did they bring in new offensive linemen? No," he says. "They brought in a new quarterback (Steve McNair) … but got rid of Darnell Dinkins, a blocking tight end.

Ah yes, third string tight end Darnell Dinkins was the reason Jamal couldn't run. Right...what an awful move by Ozzie.

"That didn't bother me," he says. "That just made me go out and want to do better. It was just like they weren't letting me do my job and they weren't supporting me. … A 2,000-yard rusher does not forget how to run the football. Somebody may forget how to rush the football. Now I'm in a better place. "

Probably the worst quote yet. The Ravens weren't supporting you? How about when we supported you throughout your cocaine charges that put your career in jeopardy? When the Ravens handed you a fat 1 year deal after you performed terribly in 2005, averaging a measly 3.4 carry and failing to eclipse 1000 yards? You know, the 2000 yard rusher part is about the only thing I might agree with. I'd tend to think that a 2000 yard rusher does not forget how to run too. But somehow you did it during 2005, when you were still only 25 years old.

Lewis sounds like a determined man. Says he wants to restore his image. "That's why I needed to get out of Baltimore, because they weren't doing nothing but killing my career," he says.

All I can say is I'm happy with Willis over this bum. I've never liked Jamal and I hope we dominate him this year.

ccB
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Wasnt it Jamal who was doing anything possible to come back to Baltimore before we said we did not have plans on resigning him? This guy is full of it, This is just to make the Cleveland fans happy about having Jamal.

PalmerToCJ
08-09-2007, 12:10 PM
He lost 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. Nothing the Ravens can do about that, seriously, he has nothing left in the tank.

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 09:55 PM
The Ravens' did nothing but ruin his career? Aren't they the ones who made his career?

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 09:58 PM
"You know (Brian) Billick. He wants to throw the ball, anyway. I didn't fit their scheme. I was ready to go. I was tired of just being beat up and talked about."

We haven't thrown the ball since Vinny left, is this clown for real? Man I'm glad I started hating him last season.

mcdlaxbonz13
08-10-2007, 09:58 PM
being a browns fan, yea i really didn't want lewis either. yes he was better then droughns but that doesn't take a whole lot. i would have rather traded for willis as well, once again just goes to show how the ravens organization is run much better then the browns is

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Good for him... wow thatws just stupid.. if he wasnt on teh ravens run heavy offence... would he have rushed for 2000 yards? i highly doubt it

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
being a browns fan, yea i really didn't want lewis either. yes he was better then droughns but that doesn't take a whole lot. i would have rather traded for willis as well, once again just goes to show how the ravens organization is run much better then the browns is

Well it seems that your front office just waits to see who we let go and then makes their moves. On an unrelated note, I hope Derek Anderson wins that starting job.

mcdlaxbonz13
08-10-2007, 10:30 PM
its being determined by a coin flip, that just lets you know how screwed up things are

EdReedUnstoppable
08-11-2007, 02:33 AM
If he didn't wanna be here then why did he re-sign before last season?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-11-2007, 08:40 AM
What an idiot, I mean how dare the Ravens decide to sign a starting QB over a 3rd string TE, it's outrageous how they could do that, maybe if he didn't dance like John Travolta in the backfield he might have done something, I can't wait till Cleveland fans start seeing him having 20 carry, 30 yard games.

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I am glad this jerk got out, blame everybody except your self,you are not any good Jamal we are not afraid of you in clevland you have said we will see the Jamal of old for the past 3 years and nothing happened.

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
So what do you think Jamals excuses will be in Clevland?

mcdlaxbonz13
08-12-2007, 12:34 AM
old injuries acting up again

Ruken
08-12-2007, 01:29 AM
im going to ,laugh this year when jamal runs well all season and have you all put your foots in your mouths. do not underestimate the browns this year

niel89
08-12-2007, 01:49 AM
im going to ,laugh this year when jamal runs well all season and have you all put your foots in your mouths. do not underestimate the browns this year

if he doesnt run good, and the browns are bad like every year then i guess we'll be the ones laughing....like every year.

ChewyRaven318
08-12-2007, 02:51 AM
What an idiot, I mean how dare the Ravens decide to sign a starting QB over a 3rd string TE, it's outrageous how they could do that, maybe if he didn't dance like John Travolta in the backfield he might have done something, I can't wait till Cleveland fans start seeing him having 20 carry, 30 yard games.

At least he didn't interview like Travolta, imagine how horrible that would be

"Oh my gaw, teh ravens treated me bads, I sweah!"

BigDawg819
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM

Underestimate the Browns? How can we when we give them no respect at all?

If you really think you got something in a back that has a lot of mileage on him, a checkered injury past, multiple offender of the substance abuse policy, and hasn't run hard since 20003 you go right ahead. The positive a Brownie should feel about signing that tool is the fact that he averages about 200 yards against you and therefore you negated that.

jkpigskin
08-12-2007, 07:19 PM

ill be waiting for that chuckle

EdReedUnstoppable
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Jamal might run well all year, but you'll still be 6-10 if that when its all said and done. You have a terrible offensive line, overpaid loud mouth WRs, a injury prone souljah at TE, and 4 pathetic QBs. You have a terrible DL, 2 good LBs out of 4(D'Qwell, and Wimbley), and your DBs are the most pathetic DBs Ive seen in my life. Sorry for underestimating the talented football powerhouse known as the Cleveland Browns, have more than 1 winning season out of 8 or 9 then come talk to us.

Ruken
08-13-2007, 02:07 AM
terrible offensive line are you kidding me? im sorry but we are going tio have one of the better ones in the league this year. DB's oh yea helped that problem with wright and baxter coming back. all im saying is do not under esitmate. We lost i think it was 7 gamrs by a touchdown last year. A new offensive scheme and better players we will be much better

trkaline
08-13-2007, 02:18 AM
terrible offensive line are you kidding me? im sorry but we are going tio have one of the better ones in the league this year. DB's oh yea helped that problem with wright and baxter coming back. all im saying is do not under esitmate. We lost i think it was 7 gamrs by a touchdown last year. A new offensive scheme and better players we will be much better

Baxter is also one of our scraps enjoy...and as far as Jamal goes im sure we can give him a warm homecoming after what he said prepare to be trounched fan of the steamy pile of Brown.....oh and prepare for the Ravens to run through your O-line like Diarriah through the anus trick...

BigDawg819
08-13-2007, 12:13 PM

How are you going to have one of the better lines? You have a rookie LT, your C hasn't played in well over a year, you overpaid to get Steinbach who know has to learn a new offense, and Ryan Tucker is suspended for 4 games. Your DB's, a rookie who has the learn the defense and Baxter who is lucky to be able to walk, are not even worth mentioning. Nice try actually acting as though you have a clue. :rolleyes:

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm not a big Jamal Lewis fan, but he is probably the best RB we've had in Cleveland since we came back, and he should have a 1300 yard year or so in this offense. But as far as Wilils McGahee is concerned, he's not that great either, a solid back but not a star.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
How are you going to have one of the better lines? You have a rookie LT, your C hasn't played in well over a year, you overpaid to get Steinbach who know has to learn a new offense, and Ryan Tucker is suspended for 4 games. Your DB's, a rookie who has the learn the defense and Baxter who is lucky to be able to walk, are not even worth mentioning. Nice try actually acting as though you have a clue. :rolleyes:

Shaffer is a better fit at RT. Seth McKinney has looked great at RG, Hank Fraley is our leader on the O-Line at center, Steinbach is a very good LG no matter how much he makes, Joe Thomas is gonna be the best rookie left tackle since Ogden, Pace, and Jones were rookies. Not to mention Kelly Butler played great as a backup RT last year, Bentley should play some this year, and Lennie Friedman is good depth. The line looked great in the first preseason game so far, and that was without Tucker or Steinbach or Bentley. Our line is gonna be very good this year for a change, it's the QBs and the run defense that is gonna killl us.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not a big Jamal Lewis fan, but he is probably the best RB we've had in Cleveland since we came back, and he should have a 1300 yard year or so in this offense. But as far as Wilils McGahee is concerned, he's not that great either, a solid back but not a star.

You're trying to tell me that Jamal "Tippy Toes" Lewis is going to rush for 13000 yards? Have you watched him the past 2 years?

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
yea 1,300 is a lot, possibly a 1,000 but 1,300 is pushing it.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Last year he had bone spurs and was listed at probable every week on the injury report. Plus he only had like 2 or 3 games of 20+ carries. He should get 20-25 carries every week this year and will be the focal point of the offense. Should have a good year in a new place, similar to Stephen Davis when he joined Carolina in 2003 after being underutilized and looking "run down" and out of gas in Washington. He's healthier than ever and lean at 240 or so down from 255 last year, and has a huge chip on his shoulder.

If Reuben Droughns got 1200 for us 2 years ago, Jamal can get to 1300 this year behind a much better O-Line in a MUCH better offensive system.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-14-2007, 09:13 PM

Jamal 1300 yards, lol good luck, for him to get 1300 yards he'd need atleast 600 carries, lol.

Bohleive
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM

Anyone who thinks Jamal will have a 1300 yard season ever again is completely delusional. What have you seen on the field that remotely supports this in the last three seasons? Explain to me the logic behind expecting a powerback in his 8th season with an extensive injury history to experience a miraculous renaissance.

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Last year he had bone spurs and was listed at probable every week on the injury report. Plus he only had like 2 or 3 games of 20+ carries. He should get 20-25 carries every week this year and will be the focal point of the offense. Should have a good year in a new place, similar to Stephen Davis when he joined Carolina in 2003 after being underutilized and looking "run down" and out of gas in Washington. He's healthier than ever and lean at 240 or so down from 255 last year, and has a huge chip on his shoulder.

If Reuben Droughns got 1200 for us 2 years ago, Jamal can get to 1300 this year behind a much better O-Line in a MUCH better offensive system.

he didnt get 20+ carries because he was getting 2 yards a rush, Jamal had a chip on his shoulder and said we will see "The Jamal Lewis of old" for the past 2 seasons and nothing happened.

PalmerToCJ
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
If Lewis plays all 16 he'd be lucky to top 1100.

I honestly don't think McGahee is a top tier RB BUT he's without a doubt an upgrade over Jamal Lewis. Honestly I'm glad Lewis stayed in division because it means the Bengals still get to play him twice a year.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
He should be good for 300-350 carries this year. 350 carries for say a 3.9 average is 1369. He'll probably get less than 350 totes, but then again, he might get more than a 3.9 average too, and with 69 yards to spare nevertheless, 1300 yards in Cleveland is VERY possible. For crying out loud it's only 200 more yards than he had last year with less carries, being overweight, and suffering from bone spurs all year, you guys are crazy to think that's out of the question.

Baltimore's running game probably will be better this year, but I still don't see them having a great runninggame with McGahee in there. Not unless he totally plays like a different guy than he was in Buffalo where he amassed a pretty good debut year followed by two below average years for a feature workhorse back.

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
still he said that he was going to be good for the past couple of seasons and he did nothing. If the Bone Spurs were that bad how come he didnt come out to the media saying "I know you guys are wondering were the Jamal Lewis of old is, but these Bone Spurs are affecting my play"

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
lol, when was the last time someone said that to the media during a season. Trust me, Jamal won't be a superstar pro bowler this year, but he'll have a good year. He's better than Droughns, behind a better line, and Droughns had 1200 yds. for us in 05.

Bohleive
08-14-2007, 09:31 PM

So let me break this down for you:
1. Jamal had the second most carries/season in his career in '06.
2. Jamal has claimed to be healthier before every season since '03 and yet somehow a mysterious injury pops up at the end of the season which he'd been valiantly struggling through all season.
3. If getting 0 offers last year wasn't motivation enough for him to drop the weight and do well with an incentive laden contract, why would he be so motivated this season? I believe he dropped the weight, just not that he's in shape.
4. You say, "Jamal can get to 1300 this year behind a much better O-Line in a MUCH better offensive system." The facts: Offensive rankings in '06- The Ravens, 17th; The Browns, 31st.
5. How can you compare Stephen Davis to Jamal? They are two different people/players in two different situations. I guarantee that Davis averaged a lot better than 3.5 yards/carry in the two seasons before his move.

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
lol, when was the last time someone said that to the media during a season. Trust me, Jamal won't be a superstar pro bowler this year, but he'll have a good year. He's better than Droughns, behind a better line, and Droughns had 1200 yds. for us in 05.

Stop trolling our thread with your ridiculous nonsense.

D-Unit
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Jamal Lewis is such a meanie.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. :D

Bohleive
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM
He should be good for 300-350 carries this year. 350 carries for say a 3.9 average is 1369. He'll probably get less than 350 totes, but then again, he might get more than a 3.9 average too, and with 69 yards to spare nevertheless, 1300 yards in Cleveland is VERY possible.

Yeah sure, if you're running the ball in the fourth quarter where Jamal always gets the bulk of his yardage. Unfortunately, for Clevelanders I see the Browns in a lot of passing situations in the fourth quarter this year, as per their usual. Besides, Jamal will not avg more than 3.7 ypc, mark it down.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Jamal Lewis is such a meanie.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. :D

Haha D-Unit strikes again!

PalmerToCJ
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
The chances of Jamal Lewis having 3.9 YPC are about as good as the Raiders winning the SB.

Half his runs he gets no gain and unlike most every other starting RB in the league he doesn't bust out many 10 yard gains at all. He's done.

Ravens1991
08-14-2007, 10:01 PM
besides yes he is 27 but his legs are older we worn him down a lot.

keylime_5
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
3.9 is not like 4.5 or 5.0. It's not farfetched at all in a new place. RBs go to new teams all the time as the workhorse feature back and do a lot better than the place they came from. All I got to say is that when Jamal has a good year this year this place is gonna be littered with "I told you so"s by people from our board.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-15-2007, 09:27 AM
You like every other Ravens fan last year will be tricked into having false hope thinking one game he will break out into the Jamal of the old, but it will never work. Yeah he's one big truck but he is worn down and an awful back now. He dances in the backfield more than Reggie Bush on Speed, the only problem is you shouldn't be dancing when you are slower than your full back. But I can see why Browns fans like him so much because in his almost record breaking year he had like half of his yards against the Browns, lol.

trkaline
08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Jamal has harsh words for us? I have harsh words for him...he ruined his career not The Ravens...I don't know what they did to him in that halfway house but it definantly wasn't good...since then he still makes his little choppy steps that worked in the past only he doesnt move forward....he's only 27 but plays like he's ready to retire still puttin up lil numbers but a ghost of what he used to be...and as to the 2,000 yard rusher doesn't forget how to run a football while it was almost record breaking it was one time rest weren't close to 2,000 yd seasons. 500 rushing yards even against the Browns in two games....So enjoy Browns you have aquired an aging workhorse that while he is still young doesn't play like it...and expect him to do very little on his reunion with us on Sep. 30th mark it down...

Bohleive
08-15-2007, 11:42 AM
3.9 is not like 4.5 or 5.0. It's not farfetched at all in a new place. RBs go to new teams all the time as the workhorse feature back and do a lot better than the place they came from. All I got to say is that when Jamal has a good year this year this place is gonna be littered with "I told you so"s by people from our board.

Allow me to reiterate:
5. How can you compare Stephen Davis to Jamal? They are two different people/players in two different situations. I guarantee that Davis averaged a lot better than 3.5 yards/carry in the two seasons before his move.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Allow me to reiterate:

Stephen Davis' stats the 2 years prior to going to Carolina:

2001 356 carries 1432 yards 4.0 YPC

2002 207 carries 820 yards 4.0 YPC

Ruken
08-16-2007, 11:21 PM
ok first off nonsense? droughns rushed 1200 yrds its a freakin fact. and our offensive ranke last yr has no relation to this year. our line is compltley different and our coordinator is new plus edwards and winslow are healthy as well as jamal. and to the lone bengals fan do us all a favor..leave

BigDawg819
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
ok first off nonsense? droughns rushed 1200 yrds its a freakin fact. and our offensive ranke last yr has no relation to this year. our line is compltley different and our coordinator is new plus edwards and winslow are healthy as well as jamal. and to the lone bengals fan do us all a favor..leave

Here's a better alternative, how about Browns' fans stop trolling our team forum with all this ridiculous nonsense about how great Jamal is going to be! Face it he's a washed up back and soon enough you will find that out. You can keep trying to convince us about the offensive line is going to be great, Edwards and Winslow are the best thing since sliced bread and blah blah blah but its pointless because its all lies, propoganda, and wishful thinking. And enough with this Droughns argument, if he was such a great back for you then why in the hell did you get rid of him? Do us all a favor and keep this nonsense in your own section and let knowledgeable fans continue talking about a real football team.

joercky
08-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Haha another little Brown's fan saying Jamal Lewis is going to rush for 1,300 yards. Here is why he won't.
1. He plays for the Browns.
2. Just like every Brown's free agent signing aka Baxter and Bentley he will probably tear apart his knee and be out for the year.
3. He has to play the Steelers twice this year and we'll whup his sorry ass.
4. Charlie Frye the starter threw 10 td's and 19 picks last year.
5. He is learning a new offensive system.
6. I hate the Ravens but Ray Lewis and the rest of the boyz will make him purple after he slugs through with 3 ypc against them.
7. Defenses will play 8 men in the box because the Browns can never complete a pass.
8. The Browns still have to start Kevin Schaeffer who had a miserable year.
9. They're the Browns.
10. The Browns suck.

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Haha another little Brown's fan saying Jamal Lewis is going to rush for 1,300 yards. Here is why he won't.
1. He plays for the Browns.
2. Just like every Brown's free agent signing aka Baxter and Bentley he will probably tear apart his knee and be out for the year.
3. He has to play the Steelers twice this year and we'll whup his sorry ass.
4. Charlie Frye the starter threw 10 td's and 19 picks last year.
5. He is learning a new offensive system.
6. I hate the Ravens but Ray Lewis and the rest of the boyz will make him purple after he slugs through with 3 ypc against them.
7. Defenses will play 8 men in the box because the Browns can never complete a pass.
8. The Browns still have to start Kevin Schaeffer who had a miserable year.
9. They're the Browns.
10. The Browns suck.

When exactly did the Ravens' team forum become the AFC North forum?

trkaline
08-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Wtf? We recently got rid of the Bill's fans and now Steelers and Brown's fans come in...Look this isn't the time and or place for Brown's to come in and talk about how they suck but they think they can make our mistake work... thats like trying to teach a "special kid"(since they asterik the word ******) the proper way to fling sh*t..either way you look at it theres still sh*t everywhere....and as for the Steelers...your team isn't bad(still hate you all) but to come in here and try to take our side for the simple pleasure of trying to unite against a common foe...suck my balls dude...

Bohleive
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM

Your offensive rank last year has no relation to this year? So your telling me that anyone who had anything to do with the browns offense last year has no more affect on the browns offense this year? Didn't you just mention Winslow and Edwards? Besides, I said that to the equally delusional browns fan who said you had a MUCH better offense. Your point that you have a completely different coordinator doesn't help your case either, new systems almost always fail in their first year, even if it wasn't with the suck-ass browns. Oh yeah, and Droughns was a better runner than Jamal is now when he rushed for 1200.