PDA

View Full Version : JOHN DAVID BOOTY

RaiderNation
01-01-2007, 06:29 PM
what round will he go in next year? he wont come out this year cuz he will be like a 3rder. he doing really well against mich. right now

elway777
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I think he has the talent to be a first day guy.Doubt first round though.

Windy
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Booty to Jarrett

WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA

Eaglez.Fan
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Next year he might not even start, it's open for competition and Sanchez might come down with it

Vince Lombardi
01-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Next season will determine where he goes. If he has a huge senior year like it seems like USC QB's always do, then he could really rocket up draft boards. Not sure how high he'll go though, as I haven't even begun to think about that draft class yet. He seems to be a pretty good passer and he's got decent size.

Windy
01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
if you were going to tell me that jdb was going to throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs on a great michigan d i would of slapped you.

Tubby
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
He has the talent of a 6th rounder, so I chose 4th.

elway777
01-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Next year he might not even start, it's open for competition and Sanchez might come down with it

God couldnt take that spot away from Mark Sanchez.

soybean
01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
2nd? i think.

oh yeah, ps, wrong forum.

NIN1984
01-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I hope he starts next season he had such a great year he's only going to get better

RWFender1
01-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Booty was much more mobile in the Rosebowl...didn't really scramble but was able to run outside the pocket.

If Booty continues to play next season like he did in this game and continues to develop I think he can go 1rst round.

soybean
01-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Booty was much more mobile in the Rosebowl...didn't really scramble but was able to run outside the pocket.

If Booty continues to play next season like he did in this game and continues to develop I think he can go 1rst round.

eh i disagree, i think the highest he'll go is top of round 2. I just think so because of the way he plays, he can make the throws but it takes more than that, that he'll probably have to work on to develop. (leadership, clutch performances etc.)

That's just how i think he'll project, he'll probably be an ok pro though.

JagHombre22
01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
we shall all see what he does without his two stud receivers...Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith...then his success based on that will determine where he goes...

TH3
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
we shall all see what he does without his two stud receivers...Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith...then his success based on that will determine where he goes...

they will replace them with studs

draftguru151
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Patrick Turner will be one receiver.

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
if you were going to tell me that jdb was going to throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs on a great michigan d i would of slapped you.

Apparently they are not a great defense.
I said that after Ohio State sliced thru them like butter.

I think the Mich DBs are overrated and so is LaMar Woodley.
I love Alan Bracnh though.

DChess
01-02-2007, 12:08 AM
first dya pick atleast

LookItsAlDavis
01-02-2007, 12:29 AM
He sliced up Michigans defense with no help from his running game. I say he would be a second rounder this year, top 15 next year.

terman
01-03-2007, 03:58 PM
2nd rounder. I mean, he can make the deep throw as much as you want. It doesn't matter where you want him to throw it, as long as it's over 15 yards he'll complete it, but his touch on the short-intermediate plays is pretty atrocious and there are numerous times where he'll rocket balls in places where they need to be lofted in and what not. Also, his decision making needs to be much more consistent next year and stop staring down his receivers.

661rep
01-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I think he needs to enter the draft now. I'm almost positive that Sanchez is a more talented QB and gives USC the best chance to win a National Championship and there won't be a sexually assult case holding Sanchez back this year.

JC the Savior
01-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Will USC really bench Booty for his senior year in favor of Sanchez?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM

If he really is a Carson Palmer clone, yes. Booty is a good QB, but nothing special. Mark Sanchez... is something special.

Ho0k Em'
01-03-2007, 08:44 PM
whoops wrong thread.

RWFender1
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I love Mark Sanchez but im in favor of Booty starting next season

661rep
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM

I'm not sure... but Pete Carroll did say that every position is open next year including the possibility of Sanchez starting next year. Why would he say that? maybe giving Booty a hint?

JC the Savior
01-03-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm not sure... but Pete Carroll did say that every position is open next year including the possibility of Sanchez starting next year. Why would he say that? maybe giving Booty a hint?

I think Booty should come out but I don't think he will. Caroll should tell Booty before the 15th if he intends to start Sanchez...

661rep
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM

I think Booty should come out but I don't think he will. Caroll should tell Booty before the 15th if he intends to start Sanchez...

Yeah he should, I just can't see Carroll holding a talent like Mark Sanchez back another year.

elway777
01-03-2007, 09:30 PM

USC doesn't operate like other programs,it doesnt matter what a player did during the season,his spot is always up for competition all summer in camp.Thats a reason why we get so many highly touted recruits.Theres always a chance to play early if you work for it and prove your better than the guy above you.

RWFender1
01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I really doubt Booty will be benched after the way he looked at the Rose Bowl....it would be a bad move to put Sanchez in next season even though I cant wait to see him start. He would have to learn a lot of the things Booty did this season

terman
01-04-2007, 03:31 AM
The Trojans are in quite a sticky wicket since the possibility of Booty starting again would probably mean that Sanchez would end up transferring(possibly remember) and benching Booty for his senior year would just be bittersweet for Booty, especially after his performance in the Rose Bowl.

It'll be an interesting season come August

badgerbacker
01-04-2007, 12:04 PM
The Trojans are in quite a sticky wicket since the possibility of Booty starting again would probably mean that Sanchez would end up transferring(possibly remember) and benching Booty for his senior year would just be bittersweet for Booty, especially after his performance in the Rose Bowl.

It'll be an interesting season come AugustIf Sanchez transferred he would have to sit out a year and not play until 2008 anyway, so why would he do that?

661rep
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM

It'll be an interesting season come AugustIf Sanchez transferred he would have to sit out a year and not play until 2008 anyway, so why would he do that?

Why would he have to sit out if he has been groomed 2 years by one of the best football programs in the nation?

soybean
01-04-2007, 05:33 PM

Why would he have to sit out if he has been groomed 2 years by one of the best football programs in the nation?

that's the rule. you have to sit out a year if you transfer to another d-1 school.

nyjetsguy27
01-26-2007, 08:19 AM
3rd

schmiddog
01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Are you guys being serious? JDB will be USC's starting QB next year, and subsequently be a first round pick. Sanchez can and will wait. I'm not a fan of USC or their recruiting monopoly but get real.

RWFender1
01-26-2007, 08:14 PM
yeah, but Booty would have to have a meltdown in summer camp in order for Sanchez to start. i cant wait for sanchez but booty has paid his dues and after his performance in the Rose bowl, how could you not start him? he just needs to play every single game next season at that caliber. I heard he was injured prior to the Rose Bowl and is healthy now and thats why he had such a great performance.

As for the draft, i think booty will get drafted as the first QB and if he isnt he will be drafted 2nd after colt brennan.

PackerFan20
01-27-2007, 02:52 PM
What year is Sanchez, just wonderin?
He had two great recievers this year and he might struggle this year, regardless I think he'll go in the 2nd-3rd

elway777
01-27-2007, 02:58 PM
What year is Sanchez, just wonderin?
He had two great recievers this year and he might struggle this year, regardless I think he'll go in the 2nd-3rd
Mark will be a RS sophmore next year.

TH3
01-27-2007, 03:14 PM
booty booty booty rocken everywhere

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
if Walter doesnt prove he can eb the QB of the future this year JDB will be the next Raider QB.

RaiderNation
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
if Walter doesnt prove he can eb the QB of the future this year JDB will be the next Raider QB.

hopefully

Jericho@SC
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
As much of a Sanchez fan I am, you have to believe JDB will have is slightly entrenched in the QB spot after what he did in the Rose Bowl.

Sanchez won't transfer. If he did, he wouldn't play until 2008 anyway, so he might as well stay at USC. He does seem kind of unhappy always on the bench though.

Booty's a pretty good talent, but I see him as a 2nd rounder as of right now. He needs to work on his sidearm mechanics and learn how to put more air under deep balls. He basically lasers everything.

P-L
01-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Someone requested for this to be deleted? Please send me reasoning, as I have seen no rule violation.

soybean
01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
that was me, but it's gone now. Someone deleted it.

It was a picture of "tubgirl" you don't want to know what that is.

Windy
01-28-2007, 11:03 PM
yea its gross

elway777
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
yea its gross

I literally threw up inside when I saw that. WTF is tub girl?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-29-2007, 12:14 AM
who knows quite disgusting.

RaiderNation
01-29-2007, 12:19 AM
what?

Tubby
01-29-2007, 12:51 AM
If you say JDB is a first rounder you are saying Isaiah Stanback is a first rounder, because they had near identical stats.

RaiderNation
01-30-2007, 11:21 PM
If you say JDB is a first rounder you are saying Isaiah Stanback is a first rounder, because they had near identical stats.

Name G QBRat Att Comp Pct Yds Y/A Y/G TD Int Long

Isaiah Stanback 7 126.6 189 101 53.4 1325 7.0 189.3 10 3 56
John David Booty 13 144.0 436 269 61.7 3347 7.7 257.5 29 9 62

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Just because they have identical stats doesnt mean they both go at the same time. Couple things, USC had a harder schedule than Washington did. Booty won more games...i know it wasnt "all" Booty but still, this has to be a factor. Second, this was Booty's first year starting. This was Isaiah Stanbecks senior year I believe. I am a big fan of Isaih Stanbeck but if I had to chose between who i would draft and they were both available, id select Booty first.

Do you think Isaiah will be a QB in the NFL? He'd be a good QB but i think he could also make a nasty RB

NIN1984
01-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Booty is going to be a first round pick, he is going to light it up this upcoming season bring USC all the way to the NC and win it. People will be saying he likes Palmer and Leinart in one

:D

Philliez01
01-31-2007, 08:49 AM
I think this is going to be a very good year for Booty, knowing that Gable and Moody (with Washington sprinkled in) are more developed to the college game actually establishes a very good run game. I think he did quite well after the Oregon State loss but he had a setback against UCLA.

I think he has a better arm than Leinart and is starting to get the leadership aspect of the game. But he isn't fundamentally sound (as someone mentioned earlier) as well as his touch (the same poster said that too, I happen to agree). I think he can break into the 1st round, it's entirely plausible if he can show that Jarrett/Smith weren't the cause of his success. Patrick Turner has some experience with him, which greatly helps and Vidal Hazelton has a high ceiling. If he can make this season work, then I fully expect him to boost his stock. His main 3 weaknesses are decisionmaking (at times), touch and mechanics. Mechanics can be taught, touch can be developed and I think decisionmaking was more of a lack of experience.

Man, USC is quickly becoming QB U.

Palmer
Leinart
Booty
Sanchez
Corp

The latter three are probably going to start by the JR season as well and when you sprinkle in Cassel, wow.

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah, hopefully we will have more of a run game next year. i hope moody and gable start next year. allen bradford was holding down FB nicely in the rosebowl. would be nice to see joe mcknight in cardinal and gold next year too. we have so many RBs we better have a solid rushing attack next year...i still dont even know what stafon johnson can do

terman
02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Stafon is most likely going to have to play safety unless he transfers.

RWFender1
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
did he red shirt or just get buried in the depth chart? if he never gets a shot at playing RB i can understand if he decides to transfer. he was the most hyped recruit at his position we got last year out of highschool

P-L
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
He redshirted iirc.

Philliez01
02-01-2007, 03:37 PM
did he red shirt or just get buried in the depth chart? if he never gets a shot at playing RB i can understand if he decides to transfer. he was the most hyped recruit at his position we got last year out of highschool

I think he was buried on the depth chart because of a bad work ethic. I'm not too sure on this one though, I just remember reading it on a message board.

princefielder28
02-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I would say 3/4

elway777
02-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Stafon is most likely going to have to play safety unless he transfers.

Yeah he's been real unimpressive at RB, and has shown no signs of working to improve either.

regoob2
02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
This depends on what teams need a QB. If a team like the browns or lions dont draft one, they might use their first R1 pick on him