PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's 1st Big Board is up!!!

Iamcanadian
08-10-2007, 04:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/melkiper/index.html

Sure has a lot of suprises considering his 1st board is usually reliable.

trekindude
08-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Not too many surprises. Although the last couple of receivers probably don't belong there.

Caddy
08-10-2007, 05:36 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I think Gosder Cherilus should be 5-15 spots lower. But who am I to question Kiper?

Addict
08-10-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I think Gosder Cherilus should be 5-15 spots lower. But who am I to question Kiper?

an unworthy maggot?

Caddy
08-10-2007, 07:55 AM
an unworthy maggot?

Kiper is God, well at least that is what I have come to believe.

Addict
08-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Kiper is God, well at least that is what I have come to believe.

I think the site refers to him as 'the Godfather of the NFL Draft'

"whoever asks questions about the Jets trading up is the traitor, don't forget that" (it's a GF movie quote folks, not sure I got it right though)

princefielder28
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Chad Henne is too high

Addict
08-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Chad Henne is too high

Yeah, I guess Kiper wants people talking about it... he always puts guys too high or too low, to get people talking about the draft.

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Uh, I saw this back in May.

rainbeaukid2
08-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Uh, I saw this back in May.

ya, its been out for awhile

neko4
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Uh-Oh!
Another great Hampton prospect!

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Everyone's stock is going sky high!!!

Michigan
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I guess Kiper wants people talking about it... he always puts guys too high or too low, to get people talking about the draft.

funny how the only non-michigan fans with Henne in the top 15 are Scott and Mel Kiper...

TACKLE
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Early Doucet 5th overall?????????

wiscbadgerfootball
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Chad Henne is too high

indeed I see the red arrow in his future

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Apparently the 2008 Draft has a mediocre senior class (at least it's top heavy), but it will be up to par when all the juniors declare (McFadden, D.Jackson, C.Campbell, M.Jenkins, K.Phillips, etc.).

Staubach12
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Early Doucet at 5? Wow...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Chad Henne is too high
i agree. now some michigan homer is going to come tell me that i am wrong, but whatever.

Scotty D
08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
i agree. now some michigan homer is going to come tell me that i am wrong, but whatever.

Kiper > you. All day everyday.

goblue8888
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Why is everyone so low on henne?

soybean
08-10-2007, 02:44 PM

chad henne is a joke, a m*ther f*cking clown!

jk.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
chad henne is a joke, a m*ther f*cking clown!

jk.

that video was pretty funny

duckseason
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Because he's currently rated highly. People will always bag on the front runners and tout the sleepers.

Addict
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Because he's currently rated highly. People will always bag on the front runners and tout the sleepers.

Henne isn't exactly a Leinart or Quinn... don't think that argument's gonna hold up.

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM
No Calais Campbell?

duckseason
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Henne isn't exactly a Leinart or Quinn... don't think that argument's gonna hold up.
Yeah, he's got his flaws. Not sure if they're as pronounced as Quinn's, but he certainly does and I'm not particularly high on him at this point. I'm just answering the question. Not building an argument. No matter the QB, if they're rated highly, they get bagged on by a certain percentage of people.

Addict
08-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, he's got his flaws. Not sure if they're as pronounced as Quinn's, but he certainly does and I'm not particularly high on him at this point. I'm just answering the question. Not building an argument. No matter the QB, if they're rated highly, they get bagged on by a certain percentage of people.

the fact henne is already under fire doesn't bode well, before quinn's senior year everyone was drooling over him, and then suddenly they figured out he's not all that accurate.

duckseason
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
the fact henne is already under fire doesn't bode well, before quinn's senior year everyone was drooling over him, and then suddenly they figured out he's not all that accurate.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how the opinions of draft nerds has any impact on whether or not a particular prospect will turn out to be a good player. Not everybody was drooling over Quinn anyway. Seemed to me as though Charlie Weis rode into town and everybody jumped on the bandwagon and all of a sudden he went from being a dumptruck to being the top QB prospect in the country because he had muscles and shared a name with another great QB who played under Weis. He was and still is much more over-hyped than Henne is right now imo. But our opinions still don't have any bearing on whether or not either of them will succeed.

Addict
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
draft nerds? Dude after his junior season most ppl were on his bandwagon. Hindsight is easy, but Quinn was consensus #1 before his senior year.

duckseason
08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
draft nerds? Dude after his junior season most ppl were on his bandwagon. Hindsight is easy, but Quinn was consensus #1 before his senior year.

That's what I just said. Charlie Weis came in, they won some games and voila, he was the top QB prospect. I mean, there's no question he's a talented and athletic kid, but I never thought he was worthy of all the hype. Nothing hindsight about that.

Addict
08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
ah well. I'd like to see both QB's (both Russel and Quinn) live up to their respective hypes.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I havnt really liked many prospects in the past couple of drafts that were Qb's anyway... after Jay, vince and matt there hant been really anyone i thought was that good

Man_Of_Steel
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one who dosent think Early Doucet is the 5th best prospect, Thats pretty high.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who dosent think Early Doucet is the 5th best prospect, Thats pretty high.

no your not the only one... i dont think he should be near that high... for me about 15-20 range at best

Edit: I guess this is keeping in mind that this list is only seniors right now anyway

Addict
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I havnt really liked many prospects in the past couple of drafts that were Qb's anyway... after Jay, vince and matt there hant been really anyone i thought was that good

1st round qb's after Jay, Vince and Matt... ehm... so you didn't like.. two?

soybean
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
The reason most people aren't high on henne is although he has the necessary tools, people don't see him as a winner. The OSU and bowl games play a big factor in people's opinions of him. Also he plays in a big time program so big numbers are expected not admired. People like(d) jay cutler and andre woodson because they put up big numbers in a crappy program. Also michigan was rarely an underdog so he rarely got the chance for "the win" ie jay cutler (tennesse, and almost florida) andre woodson (georgia, clemson)

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I like how Kiper always throws names out their of guys that dont get pub and then after they get talked about way more. For instince Alama-Francis, no one really cared about him, Kiper put him on his big board and it brought buzz, he does a great job of that. I think he switches his board so much on purpose.

soybean
08-10-2007, 06:11 PM
no your not the only one... i dont think he should be near that high... for me about 15-20 range at best

Edit: I guess this is keeping in mind that this list is only seniors right now anyway

yeah, plus he's the only senior skill position player even close in the same vicinity, kiper probably didn't just want his top 10 to be all defense.

Addict
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah, plus he's the only senior skill position player even close in the same vicinity, kiper probably didn't just want his top 10 to be all defense.

offense is sexier.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Doucet doesn't have an attribute (a 'wow' factor) to make him a spectacular player at the moment I don't think. But he has some tools. Extremely strong, 4.4 40 yard dash speed, good hands and route running.

Cherilus I don't like that high. I like Barry Richardson more.

I don't see what makes Limas Sweed special. He is a worse prospect than Jarrett by far IMO.

Bruce Davis and DJ Hall are surprises.

Can someone fill me in on Harry Douglas. I don't know what distinguishes him from other small, fast, productive WRs that come out every year.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM

or any of the guys this year... like i havnt seen a QB i have liked since any of them is what im trying to say here

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2007, 09:28 PM

He could have meant Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers as well. Or even farther back to Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, and JP Losman. But odds are he liked on of that bunch.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
He could have meant Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers as well. Or even farther back to Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, and JP Losman. But odds are he liked on of that bunch.

i like big ben, starting to come around to losman... hated him at first... and hated both smith and rogers...

goblue8888
08-11-2007, 01:33 AM
The offense at michigan has been built around hart and keeping control of the ball. Henne rarely gets the chance to shine. Woodson, brennan, booty and brohmm play in much more qb friendly offenses therefore they put up better stats. However according to michigan insiders the offense this year should be built around henne because of the influence of scot loeffler. Also something has really clicked for henne this summer. He has been unbelievable in fall practice so far. His drops used to look real choppy but this year people are saying he is just gliding back there. He used to struggle throwing to his left to and over stride and that has also improved. He also went out this summer and out preformed woodson and brennan at the elite 11 qb camp where they put qbs through a qb workout everyday. In conclusion expect to see a much improved henne this year or at least that is what everyone around Michigan's program has said.

I see the qb's ranked like this going into draft day
1. Brohm
2. Woodson
3. Henne
4. Ainge
5. Booty

Caddy
08-11-2007, 01:35 AM
No Calais Campbell?

Can anyone say Junior?

familyguy555
08-11-2007, 01:36 AM
nevvvermind

Hawk
08-11-2007, 02:03 AM

I see death in your future

Im_a_Romosexual
08-11-2007, 02:33 AM

he'll still be on the list?

sodar21
08-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm an Ohio State fan and for a long time I railed against Henne but to be honest I was actually kind of impressed by his play against Ohio State and USC this year. He came very close to beating Ohio State (a few overthrown balls) and even did fairly well against USC in spite of the constant pressure he was under.

Brent
08-11-2007, 02:21 PM
i like big ben, starting to come around to losman... hated him at first... and hated both smith and rogers...
His name is Aaron Rodgers.

joercky
08-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Best junior tailback who is going to come out not named Mcfadden is Brandon Ore.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Best junior tailback who is going to come out not named Mcfadden is Jonathan Stewart.

I agree 100%

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
I am a Penn State fan, and Chad Henne should be right around where he is. He may be a little lower, but not by much. Henne is the type of player that has nothing jump out at you, but is an overally solid QB with great intangibles and superb leadership. He may not be a Hall of Fame QB, but he will be a solid Pro IMO.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Best junior tailback who is going to come out not named Mcfadden is Brandon Ore.

It is not Ore, he has been shut down in games, it may be a product of the offensive line, but he still is not the second best junior tailback.

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 09:38 AM

Assuming Jonathan Stewart, Steve Slaton, and James Davis don't declare.

Smokey Joe
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
do you guys think Gosder Cherilus will be a LT or RT in the NFL?

P-L
08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
It is not Ore, he has been shut down in games, it may be a product of the offensive line, but he still is not the second best junior tailback.

With the exception of the two games he was hurt, he either had 100 yards or 1 TD in 10 of his 11 games. He also got some carries taken away by Kenny Lewis and George Bell.