PDA

View Full Version : Autographs Thru Email

bwillie26
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm wondering if anyone here has done this before? I used to do this last year, mostly with college coaches (football and basketball), some celebs and I collected quite a few autographs.

Roy Williams
Bill Callahan
Mike Shula
Turner Gill
Bobby Petrino
Dave Wanstedt
Charlie Daniels (the musician)
Mack Brown (got some cool uncut trading cards as well from Texas)
John Calipari

Those are just the ones off the top of my head I can remember getting when I used to do this.

If you are wondering how this is done -- you either find the email of the coach from their bio page (it is usually their secretaries email), send them an email, do a little bit of butt kissing, then request their autograph while making sure you leave your home address. If you are lucky, in a week or two you will get an autograph, which is usually an autographed 8x10. Some schools will send you hats, jerseys, cards, programs, etc., if you are lucky enough.

Pretty cool to get an autograph from a college coach for not even the price of that 41 cent stamp. :)

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd rather just meet them in person. There is no feeling like that of meeting someone you idolize in real life.

Borat
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I used to do this when I was younger. I sent cards out and hoped they would come back. Got a couple from Roberto Alomar. Funny, I sent a card to Mark McGwire, he kept my card and sent me a small, crappy photocopied picture with his autograph (also photocopied) on it. Bastard!

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I used to do this when I was younger. I sent cards out and hoped they would come back. Got a couple from Roberto Alomar. Funny, I sent a card to Mark McGwire, he kept my card and sent me a small, crappy photocopied picture with his autograph (also photocopied) on it. Bastard!

Haha, that's funny. I wonder why he didn't sign the card.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Haha, that's funny. I wonder why he didn't sign the card.
because it was probably valuable, which he decided to keep, because he cant find a card like it.

bwillie26
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I'd rather just meet them in person. There is no feeling like that of meeting someone you idolize in real life.

You must be the offspring of Bill Gates is you are going to fly (travel) all over the country to meet as many coaches/players as I have gotten thru emails. haha

GB12
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm wondering if anyone here has done this before? I used to do this last year, mostly with college coaches (football and basketball), some celebs and I collected quite a few autographs.

Roy Williams
Bill Callahan
Mike Shula
Turner Gill
Bobby Petrino
Dave Wanstedt
Charlie Daniels (the musician)
Mack Brown (got some cool uncut trading cards as well from Texas)
John Calipari

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/10/11/lions/p1_williams_roy.jpg

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/0803roy.jpg

or

http://www.mitch923.com/BU/923Blog/uploaded_images/williams-755868.jpg

?

The Dynasty
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Id be guessing Roy Williams the coach. He is the only one i could see doing it although Dallas Roy Williams seems like a really nice guy well he did on MTV Cribs haha.

familyguy555
08-10-2007, 09:14 PM
detroit roy is pretty nice.

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I have the autograph of my favorite player in the NFL, so I'd content.

bwillie26
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
UNC coach Roy Williams.

Getting some athletes are pretty hard. Unless you can dig up a personal assistant they have, and find their email, you aren't likely to get an autograph from them through email. If you have an athlete who is signed with a small sports agent, you can usually email them and get an autograph. But the big agents like Condon, Rosenhaus, etc., will just ignore you.

The Dynasty
08-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I have the autograph of my favorite player in the NFL, so I'd content.

I wish i could get Kevin Williams. I tried to get my favorite player before but didnt get it.

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I wish i could get Kevin Williams. I tried to get my favorite player before but didnt get it.

Who is that?

The Dynasty
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Randy Moss. My favorite all time is Cris Carter. My favorite Viking is probably Pat Williams.