PDA

View Full Version : Fiddy/Kanye Feud...

ncst8fan83
08-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Rapper/human target Fifty Cent swears that if he loses his upcoming chart-busting battle with Kanye West, he'll stop releasing solo records. Mr. Half-dollar is going head-to-head with West over whose album will sell more on their shared release date -- September 11.

The gangsta rapper and his "Stronger" competitor, Kanye, are both releasing albums on the fateful day. Never forget when two overblown hip-hop artists egos exploded across the charts!

"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums," Fitty told sohh.com (http://www.sohh.com/). Let's hope!

"And I bet this," Fitty twittered in the third person, "When Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70 percent decrease cause Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him closer to 50 Cent. So watch the first week and then watch the second week. Watch his ass drop off the planet. We keep our angles covered before we make a decent bet."

http://www.tmz.com/category/celebrity-feuds/

dear god i wish they'd both fall off the face of the planet

bantx
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
why so much hate for kanye?

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I sure hope he lives up to that promise.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
why so much hate for kanye?
because kanye's songs all suck horribly. if his new song made sense, maybe it would be ok. at least fiddy can actually rap.

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
All I know is that Kanye's new album already sounds like fire. I wanna see if 50 loses, whether or not he is a man to his word.

bantx
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
wtf kind of rap do u listen to? the day i hear someone say 50 can rap...

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 03:18 PM
because kanye's songs all suck horribly. if his new song made sense, maybe it would be ok. at least fiddy can actually rap.

http://209.85.48.9/8840/126/emo/4funny.gif

Did you really just call Kanye a bad rapper and then say that 50 Cent was good? That's gold!

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
wtf kind of rap do u listen to? the day i hear someone say 50 cant rap...
Kanye blows. Tha Carter III will blow his album out of the water

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM

Did you really just call Kanye a bad rapper and then say that 50 Cent was good? That's gold!
i did. Maybe if kanye was any good i would feel bad about this

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM

You say Kanye's song doesn't make sense and then say Lil' Wayne is a great rapper? Weezy's songs are nothing but a bunch of random lines.

Hawk
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM

no and no. at least kanye raps about meaningful stuff rather than weezy and 50, all they talk about is hoes and money

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
no and no. at least kanye raps about meaningful stuff rather than weezy and 50, all they talk about is hoes and money

Exactly, Stronger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ayo Technology

Fiddy better bring more than that to the table. And Lil wayne only makes good mixtapes, Dedication 2 was better than the Carter 1 or 2

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
You say Kanye's song doesn't make sense and then say Lil' Wayne is a great rapper? Weezy's songs are nothing but a bunch of random lines.
Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive and Kanye is better off producing

Yeah right, lil wayne is easily better then kanye. kanye can't hold a torch to lil waynes mix tapes or albums

bantx
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
how did lil wayne come into this, u said kanye was a horrible rapper? u probably dont listen to lyrics do you just the beats

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Common is the best rapper out there. Listen to his album Be and you will start crying tears of amazement.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:33 PM
how did lil wayne come into this, u said kanye was a horrible rapper? u probably dont listen to lyrics do you just the beats
Because Lil Wayne has an album coming about 2 months later. kanye can't freestyle or anything. its all synthesized and prepared and all that.

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
wtf kind of rap do u listen to? the day i hear someone say 50 can rap...

50 IS a better rapper than Kanye. Let's establish that right off the bat. You can debate the fact who's a better artist, but Kanye isn't that great of a rapper and this is coming from someone who loves his music. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. 50 being so cocky is one reason I will continue to dig him while most of the world hates him.

TitleTown088
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
"fifty cent" is a damn idiot. My god, rap is stupid.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
50 IS a better rapper than Kanye. Let's establish that right off the bat. You can debate the fact who's a better artist, but Kanye isn't that great of a rapper and this is coming from someone who loves his music. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. 50 being so cocky is one reason I will continue to dig him while most of the world hates him.
i agree completely. that was my point to come across. i dont care about pop/rap stuff that kanye puts out, which is why lil wayne and T.I. are my 2 favorite rappers.

bantx
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM

ohh yeah ill take u to the candy shop that was a great song with a great message....50 is such a great rapper......

cardsalltheway

How exactly are you differntiating rapper and artist? Personally I think Kanye is easily a better lyricist than 50 is and his songs have much more content and depth to them than 50's.

"fifty cent" is a damn idiot. My god, rap is stupid.

I knew you'd bless us with a well-informed comment.

ccB
Because Lil Wayne has an album coming about 2 months later. kanye can't freestyle or anything. its all synthesized and prepared and all that.

I garuntee any "freestyle" you heard from Lil Wayne was written. Some of you guys on this site wouldnt know good hip hop if it was sitting in your lap. Lil Wayne is garbage.

ccB
08-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Common is the best rapper out there. Listen to his album Be and you will start crying tears of amazement.

defintely, great album Common never dissapoints (I will forget about electric circus) His last 2 albums have been hot.

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Sugarhill and the Gang is better than all those fools except Common.

ccB
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
i agree completely. that was my point to come across. i dont care about pop/rap stuff that kanye puts out, which is why lil wayne and T.I. are my 2 favorite rappers.

LMAO Pop rap? Apparently you have never listened to one of Kanye's albums. College dropout was far from "pop" rap. listen to 2 words by Kanye Mos and Freeway or listen never let you down or listen to any damn song on the album. I find it hilarious you are complaining about pop rap but your favorite rappers are T.I. and Lil Wayne LOL. Kanye is one of the most socially conscious rappers out and he still makes hot beats. There needs to be a hip hop 101 class for some of you NFLDC kids.

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 03:44 PM
"How exactly are you differntiating rapper and artist? Personally I think Kanye is easily a better lyricist than 50 is and his songs have much more content and depth to them than 50's."

Rapper as in what you bring to your actual songs with delivery and lyrics. Artist as in what you bring to the table as a musician. Kanye isn't a great lyricist at all -- hell, he's only had two lyrics that truly amazed me which was on "Last Call" & "Grammy Family". I like Kanye's songs -- a lot. The content is different to an extent than what you'd usually hear on a rap track, but his lyrics still don't blow me away. He's improved greatly since he first started, though, I'll give him that.

"ohh yeah ill take u to the candy shop that was a great song with a great message....50 is such a great rapper......"

Nobody denied the fact that 50 makes poppy-radio friendly rap songs. He does, but just because he makes songs like that still doesn't make him a crappy rapper. But, whatever.. you can be biased if you'd like.

ccB
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE for those who think Kanye isnt real hip hop, for those who think kanye cant rap, and for those who think hes "Pop" rap.

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Has anyone ever seen Dave Chappelle's Block Party? That movie has such a great compilation of rap artists it is ridiculous.

The Fugies are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

ccB
08-10-2007, 03:46 PM
"How exactly are you differntiating rapper and artist? Personally I think Kanye is easily a better lyricist than 50 is and his songs have much more content and depth to them than 50's."

Rapper as in what you bring to your actual songs with delivery and lyrics. Artist as in what you bring to the table as a musician. Kanye isn't a great lyricist at all -- hell, he's only had two lyrics that truly amazed me which was on "Last Call" & "Grammy Family". I like Kanye's songs -- a lot. The content is different to an extent than what you'd usually hear on a rap track, but his lyrics still don't blow me away. He's improved greatly since he first started, though, I'll give him that.

"ohh yeah ill take u to the candy shop that was a great song with a great message....50 is such a great rapper......"

Nobody denied the fact that 50 makes poppy-radio friendly rap songs. He does, but just because he makes songs like that still doesn't make him a crappy rapper. But, whatever.. you can be biased if you'd like.

What makes you any less bias than he is?

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
When you're coming at me with "OMG 50 CENTZ IS THE SUCKS CANDY SHOP ROFL" when he's probably not looked past his commercial stuff you come off as biased and ignorant. I'm a fan of both musicians and I'm able to appreciate Kanye greatly as an artist. Hell, I even gave Kanye credit for being the better musician.

Paul
08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
All I know is Kanye's 2 new singles >> 50's 2 new singles. I haven't liked anything that 50 has done since Get Rich.... Except maybe Hustlers Ambition.

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE for those who think Kanye isnt real hip hop, for those who think kanye cant rap, and for those who think hes "Pop" rap.

THAT IS MY JAM.

50 is a rapper, Kanye is an artist.

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 03:55 PM
All I know is Kanye's 2 new singles >> 50's 2 new singles. I haven't liked anything that 50 has done since Get Rich.... Except maybe Hustlers Ambition.

Yeah, everything I've heard off of Graduation has been pure fire. "Bittersweet" with John Mayer AND Keyshia Cole? Yeah, that's what's up. Too bad the "Can't Tell Me Nothing (Remix)" won't make the final album version.. that's been my ish for the past month. Well, that and 50's "I Get Money".

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
i like that one kanye song.

"Im that star up in the sky
Im that moutain deep up high.
Hey you made it
Im the worlds greatest*m
Im that little bit of hope in my backs against the rope I can feel it, mm
Im the worlds greatest."

much better tahn anything 50 has

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Hey you made it
Im the worlds greatest*m
Im the worlds greatest."

thats not even his song i dont think.

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
When you're coming at me with "OMG 50 CENTZ IS THE SUCKS CANDY SHOP ROFL" when he's probably not looked past his commercial stuff you come off as biased and ignorant. I'm a fan of both musicians and I'm able to appreciate Kanye greatly as an artist. Hell, I even gave Kanye credit for being the better musician.

who came at u like that cause i know i didnt, his commercial stuff brought what ever had establish as a rapper way down for me i hate when a artist puts something out just to make people listen to him (50)

DChess
thats not even his song i dont think.

oh he must have produced it, well this one is still good

"my minds telling me noooo
but my body,my bodyyyyyy
is telling me yessssssss
i dont see nuthin wrong
with a little bump and grinding"

Flyboy

Hey you made it
Im the worlds greatest*m
Im the worlds greatest."

*shakes head*

That's R. Kelly, DChess.

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
who came at u like that cause i know i didnt, his commercial stuff brought what ever had establish as a rapper way down for me i hate when a artist puts something out just to make people listen to him (50)

50 makes songs and albums to make money, period. No alternative method. I have no problems with him making money. And, plus, nearly every "big" rapper has a commercial song or two so I don't know why people love to pull that card.

Turtlepower
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cit7vcHsWWk

Greatest Rap Song Ever

DChess

*shakes head*

That's R. Kelly, DChess.

no its not

r kelly sings

"now i ain saying shes a gold digger
but she aint ,messing with no broke broke"

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cit7vcHsWWk

Greatest Rap Song Ever

That's not even Common's best song. I Used to Love H.E.R. is one of the best songs of all-time IMO.

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
50 makes songs and albums to make money, period. No alternative method. I have no problems with him making money. And, plus, nearly every "big" rapper has a commercial song or two so I don't know why people love to pull that card.

i say this cause im specifically talking about 50 i know there is other rappers but right now ur trying to support a rapper just because hes cocky, what does he have to be cocky about none of his songs were great

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM

I bought the Massacre and I can't say I liked a single song on it.

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
50's lyrics are dumb as ****

"i said my n****** dont dance
jusst pull up your pants
and do the rock away
and lean back, lean back"

kanye>50

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
i say this cause im specifically talking about 50 i know there is other rappers but right now ur trying to support a rapper just because hes cocky, what does he have to be cocky about none of his songs were great

His cockiness isn't the only reason I support, Fif. Regardless, of all the heat he gets (hm, interesting) he still is damn good rapper when he wants to be. Whether you want to agree with that or not is your opinion.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Kanye West had 2 Singles reach number one status on billboards hot 100
50 Cent has had 2 ALBUMS reach number one in sales... he has only put out 2 solo albums too, which means that he has 11 platimun records total with only 2 albums.
Get Rich or Die Tryin got to number 2
he has had 7 top 10 songs so far. not to mention 3 more that were top 10 in collaborations with other artists.
Still think Kanye is better?

Turtlepower
That's not even Common's best song. I Used to Love H.E.R. is one of the best songs of all-time IMO.

Better rhymes yes, but I love the tune in Be. Both are really great IMO.

SubNoize
both of them are not very good artists at all, i like how somebody posted a song in which kanye has the weakest verse. Rakim and KRS-One are on another level, and I'm not a fan of Nas but he's much better than kanye or 50. i can't believe there's a thread about 2 of the most overplayed and untalented rappers out there and it even mentions the worst alive in lil-wayne who's "freestyles" are obviously written. hip-hop is dead for the most part...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:16 PM
50's lyrics are dumb as ****

"i said my n****** dont dance
jusst pull up your pants
and do the rock away
and lean back, lean back"

kanye>50
thats fat joe. you have been 0 for 3 so far.

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 04:16 PM
50 Cent has had 2 ALBUMS reach number one in sales... he has only put out 2 solo albums too, which means that he has 11 platimun records total with only 2 albums.
he has had 7 top 10 songs so far. not to mention 3 more that were top 10 in collaborations with other artists.

The soundtrack to High School Musical also reached #1 on the sales charts. I guess that record is better than both Kanye and Fiddy. =D

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Kanye only had 6 Platinum records.
still sayin he's gonna win?

Addict
08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
this fued will get interesting IF and ONLY IF there is a Celebrity Deathmatch made about it.

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:18 PM

that just shows how many people has bad taste in rap, yeah he sold a lot but was the songs good? he juiced out as much as he could with that getting shot 9 times story big whoop u got shot and u make about 5 songs about it

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
thats fat joe. you have been 0 for 3 so far.

50 cent goes by alias as fat joe, im pretty sure, kinda like how usher is called ush sometimes, or christina aguliera is callled xtina

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
that just shows how many people has bad taste in rap, yeah he sold a lot but was the songs good? he juiced out as much as he could with that getting shot 9 times story big whoop u got shot and u make about 5 songs about it

About as many times as 'Ye refers to dying in a car accident. You're just reaching for straws now. :rolleyes:

Man_Of_Steel
08-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I would really like to see 50 honor that but its not gonna happen.

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:22 PM
About as many times as 'Ye refers to dying in a car accident. You're just reaching for straws now. :rolleyes:

yeah he made one song about it 50 made a whole cd

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
by the way, those glasses kanye has on in his video are by far the gayest thing i have ever seen, yes gayer than the pink range rover.... at least 50 wears mens clothing.

Addict
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM

50 "I got shot, love me" cent.

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 04:24 PM

At the most he will just produce for a year and then collaborate with a new artist and then go on tour with him and then get famous again and then write his own album and then get pissed someone is outselling him again and then will decide to produce for a year and then...

jballa838
The soundtrack to High School Musical also reached #1 on the sales charts. I guess that record is better than both Kanye and Fiddy. =D
has it gone 5x Platinum like both 50s did? (one went 6x)

DChess
by the way, those glasses kanye has on in his video are by far the gayest thing i have ever seen, yes gayer than the pink range rover.... at least 50 wears mens clothing.

u get boners at church, shut up

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Urm, okay. That's completely wrong, but believe what you wanna believe, buddy.

SubNoize

dude that's not a big deal, frickin kid rock went 11x platinum off one album i guess he's the greatest alive...

Turtlepower

I could bet you money that High School Musical is more popular in America than 50.

SubNoize
u get boners at church, shut up

i've never been to church in my whole entire life, so i'm gonna have to say that's untrue...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:26 PM
because he wont lose.

Addict
08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I could bet you money that High School Musical is more popular in America than 50.

that's because HSM is better than 50.

DChess
i've never been to church in my whole entire life, so i'm gonna have to say that's untrue...

ok have fun with your boners in hell

jballa838
where did this get brought in from? Kanye is not as popular as High School Musical either.

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
ok have fun with your boners in hell

i would if i were superstitous but sadly i'm not.... anyways, why can't there be a good rap album feud to discuss???

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:29 PM
jballa ur arguements are pretty much pointless and bring things up that doesnt even matter

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:29 PM
i would if i were superstitous but sadly i'm not.... anyways, why can't there be a good rap album feud to discuss???

have fun being satans buffer

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
ok, kanye is involved, which really limits how good of album discussion this could be

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
have fun being satans buffer

dude stop being all relig-O it's a no-no...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
jballa ur arguements are pretty much pointless and bring things up that doesnt even matter
i was replying to someone else. and how are platinum albums and ranks on the hot 100 pointless?

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
jballa im gonna neg rep you every ******* day from now on

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
i was replying to someone else. and how are platinum albums and ranks on the hot 100 pointless?

because they don't qualify good music, just what's popular. by saying he has more platinum records you're implying that he's better, which is false, it just shows he's more popular. the best rappers out today have not sold close to a million records off one album...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
jballa im gonna neg rep you every ******* day from now on
well if you keep posting religious stuff then it wont be long.

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 04:34 PM

Their not pointless, just they don't mean as much. I'd take Talib Kweli or Papoose among others over 50 anyday, even though I doubt they've been platinum.

jballa838
because they don't qualify good music, just what's popular. by saying he has more platinum records you're implying that he's better, which is false, it just shows he's more popular. the best rappers out today have not sold close to a million records off one album...
the feud is over popularity though, which album will sell more, which is why 50 will win, because his albums sell more

DChess
well if you keep posting religious stuff then it wont be long.

CHURCH POLITICS USA IRAQ WAR ALANIS MORSETTE

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
everyone pretty much explained it for me so i dont need to repeat but u saying that again just shows how bad ur taste in music is

Hawk
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
balla838 (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/member.php?u=2621)

you have no idea what hip hop is. Kanye, Kweli, Mos, Aesop, Immortal Technique, Tek, Rakim, and Nas are all better than 50, Weezy, Lil Boosie, Yung Berg, and whoever else is out there "rapping" that has lil or young in their name

bantx
the feud is over popularity though, which album will sell more, which is why 50 will win, because his albums sell more

my feud was who was a better artist

comahan

Dchess has a point.

Smokey Joe
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I hate rap and I really don't like either of them, but I'm rooting for Kayne as he is from chi-town, I believe, and is a Sox and Bears fan.

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM

That crossed the line...

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Morissette. Just saying.

Paul
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't know what's worse, arguing that album sales are indicatives of a persons talent, or people's inability to understand Chess's jokes.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums," Fitty told sohh.com (http://www.sohh.com/). Let's hope!
it says if 50 sells less, he wont write anymore, not if people on a public football draft forum like kanye better, he wont write anymore

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 04:48 PM
it says if 50 sells less, he wont write anymore, not if people on a public football draft forum like kanye better, he wont write anymore

But we can still voice our opinion about who is better than the other. I believe 50 will sell more than Kanye because 50 has more of a commercial following. But as for 50 being a better rapper than Kanye is like comparing the Raiders and the Lions. The Lions have always sucked, but the Raiders were pretty good a few years back.

bantx
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Go, Go, Go, 50 in the house- bounce, y'all already know what I'm about. The flow sounds sick over Dre' drums n*gga, I ain't
stupid- I see Doc and my dope come bigger. Whoa! Shorty' hips is hypnotic, she moves is so erotic, but watch- I'ma watch
her bounce that assss girl. I get it crunk in here, I make it jump in here, front in here, we'll thump in here. Oooohh.
I'm so gutter, so ghetto, so hood. So gully, so brawly, what's good? Outside, the Benz on dubs - I'm in the club wit you
snubs - don't start nothin', it won't be nothin'. Uuuhhh.

i dont need to say anymore

DChess
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Go, Go, Go, 50 in the house- bounce, y'all already know what I'm about. The flow sounds sick over Dre' drums n*gga, I ain't
stupid- I see Doc and my dope come bigger. Whoa! Shorty' hips is hypnotic, she moves is so erotic, but watch- I'ma watch
her bounce that assss girl. I get it crunk in here, I make it jump in here, front in here, we'll thump in here. Oooohh.
I'm so gutter, so ghetto, so hood. So gully, so brawly, what's good? Outside, the Benz on dubs - I'm in the club wit you

i wasnt really into the whole bow wow kid rapping phase, but to each its own

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:01 PM
who wants rep i need to give it out before i neg rep jballa again

yourfavestoner
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Flyboy...great insight on this entire thread. And I love 50, too, because of his cockiness. I mean, come on, the dude punked Game and bought the rights to G-UNOT and makes money off of it now. How ******* awesome is that?

In terms of Weezy vs 50 vs Kanye...50 without a doubt has the best delivery of the three of them. Kanye, like you said, is the most talented musician. I love his music, but I'll always look at him as a mediocre rapper who really knows how to produce.

And Weezy? He's definitely not the greatest rapper alive...but he's certainly one of the most entertaining in my book. He throws out a lot of garbage on tracks, but a lot of people don't realize that the best **** he puts out is all on mixtapes.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
who wants rep i need to give it out before i neg rep jballa again
wow your cool. like rep is that big of a deal. do you think you are a hard a** for "neg repping" someone on an online forum? or are you picked on at school and at home, so you come on here and take out your aggression in a way that the other person can't defend?

if i get infracted for this i will be pissed, because its not a personal attack, its a personal self offense.

bantx
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
wow your cool. like rep is that big of a deal. do you think you are a hard a** for "neg repping" someone on an online forum? or are you picked on at school and at home, so you come on here and take out your aggression in a way that the other person can't defend?

if i get infracted for this i will be pissed, because its not a personal attack, its a personal self offense.

sounds like a personal attack to me

Paul
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure it's self defense. But good try

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
i dont play defense, so everything i do is on the offense. just as a retialition (sp) form of offense in this case

Hawk

i think he just personal attacked himself, lmao

DChess

hahah infracted for that, you're such a *****. i only neg rep you because i know how much it means to you. who doesnt get im ******* joking, open your mind you ******* idiot, and stop trying to show me up, oh thats 0 for 3, no **** i was joking ******. if you didnt care bat rep you wouldnt have made such a deal out of it, now seriously shut the **** up before you make yourself look even more stupid

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
hahah infracted for that, you're such a *****. i only neg rep you because i know how much it means to you. who doesnt get im ******* joking, open your mind you ******* idiot, and stop trying to show me up, oh thats 0 for 3, no **** i was joking ******. if you didnt care bat rep you wouldnt have made such a deal out of it, now seriously shut the **** up before you make yourself look even more stupid
you never answered the bottom part, so i assume that is why you act all hard

Hawk
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM

well said my good friend

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:13 PM

i act hard because im pissed, pissed that i have kids all over the place, because your mom never gets a ******* abortion

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM

you said hard...

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM
i act hard because im pissed, pissed that i have kids all over the place, because your mom never gets a ******* abortion
good one. do you write your own stuff or are you just 14 years old?

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
good one. do you write your own stuff or are you just 14 years old?

your the one using orignal jokes, question if i get picked on and my age, dont get much more richer than that. i mean i read that and thought damn, he really burnt a hole in my soul with that one.

and im 14 1/2

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
your the one using orignal jokes, question if i get picked on and my age, dont get much more richer than that. i mean i read that and thought damn, he really burnt a hole in my soul with that one.

and im 14 1/2
which makes your jokes even better.
seriously that was a good one. this is the kind of stuff i expect from a 14 year old
Edit: Sorry 14 1/2. that half year makin you feel better?

yo123
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
which makes your jokes even better.

seriously that was a good one. this is the kind of stuff i expect from a 14 year old
Edit: Sorry 14 1/2. that half year makin you feel better?

Im pretty sure he was kidding about his age...

remix 6
08-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive and Kanye is better off producing

Yeah right, lil wayne is easily better then kanye. kanye can't hold a torch to lil waynes mix tapes or albums

sorry but Wayne is not better than Nas

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 05:24 PM
This is a perfect example of how Kanye West and 50 Cent are tearing our country apart. Let's just listen to some Nat King Cole.

Hawk
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM

yeah he's actually 9

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM

he doesnt get jokes, hes that ******* stupid, he cant understand humor. he's stuck in his room play world of warcraft and only understand his clans inside jokes, hes never really interacted with anybody, so thats why i feel bad for him.

yo123
08-10-2007, 05:26 PM

That is straight fire...but Kanye sucks also.

ShutDwn
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Did you guys know that 50 cent got shot 9 times? Just fyi...

btw, Immortal Technique rapes both of them.

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM

immortal technique is so last year

brother ali ftw

bantx
08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
That is straight fire...but Kanye sucks also.

You know the best medicine go to people thats paid,
If Magic Johnson got a cure for A.I.D.S.
And all the broke muthafuckers past away
You tellin me if my grandma was in the N.B.A.
Right now she'd be ok?

how can u say that kanye sucks, that verse was straight fire :p

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Right now she'd be ok?

how can u say that, that verse was straight fire

that was god awful... is that a real verse?

Turtlepower
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
that was god awful... is that a real verse?

Yeah, I don't like it either, but people love that verse. IMO, Mos Def is much much much much better than Kanye and 50.

jballa838
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
he doesnt get jokes, hes that ******* stupid, he cant understand humor. he's stuck in his room play world of warcraft and only understand his clans inside jokes, hes never really interacted with anybody, so thats why i feel bad for him.
you feel bad for me while you say i am that F****** stupid? You contradicted yourself. maybe you just need to stick to your clans inside jokes and think of a couple original ones while your at it.
and you must really never interract with people, since you have all your inside jokes on here and you have 6000+ posts. you must have some exhausting life, since you seem to fit in time for this every day.

yo123
08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Right now she'd be ok?

how can u say that kanye sucks, that verse was straight fire :p

What language is that?

bantx
08-10-2007, 05:38 PM
What language is that?

can you not read? your attempt at that joke was pretty lame

yo123
08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
can you not read? your attempt at that joke was pretty lame

So you were serious? You thought that was a good verse?

bantx
08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
So you were serious? You thought that was a good verse?

if i wasnt why did i post it?

yo123
08-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I can honestly say I thought you were kidding

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
i love all the people who think they know hip/hop, it makes me giggle like a school girl

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 05:46 PM
i love all the people who think they know hip/hop, it makes me giggle like a school girl

yes because you're a hip-hop historian, please be so kind as to teach us what's good, please...

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:47 PM
yes because you're a hip-hop historian, please be so kind as to teach us what's good, please...

well i can say if anybody likes 50 cent then they have no credibility. if you like 50 cent my grandma automatically has more hip/hop knowledge

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 05:48 PM
well i can say if anybody likes 50 cent then they have no credibility. if you like 50 cent my grandma automatically has more hip/hop knowledge

fair enough, 50 is about as talented as my left nut, but i wouldn't make the comparison in fear of insulting "droopy"

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
snuff would have sex with one be lo, who really isnt that good

yourfavestoner
08-10-2007, 05:52 PM

brother ali ftw

Yup. Immortal is cool when you first hear him. It gets boring having to hear the same angry voice do rhyme schemes from the word "revolutionarily" over and over and over.

And Brother Ali is sick as ****. But I'll go with Felt (Slug and Murs) ftw.

Andre Nickatina pwns all, by the way. And it's not even close.

bantx
08-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Yup. Immortal is cool when you first hear him. It gets boring having to hear the same angry voice do rhyme schemes from the word "revolutionarily" over and over and over.

And Brother Ali is sick as ****. But I'll go with Felt (slug and Murs) ftw.

atmosphere is good too

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM

And Brother Ali is sick as ****. But I'll go with Felt (Slug and Murs) ftw.

Andre Nickatina pwns all, by the way. And it's not even close.

3mg's is better: Eligh, Murs + Scarub. 2010 might be the greatest rap song ive ever heard

DChess
08-10-2007, 05:55 PM
atmosphere is good too

eh, they are a little better than average, there music doesnt excite me

nfrillman
08-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Haha, I love when a thread devolves into two people sending insults back and forth. As for the rap goes, let me just say that.............Tecca Nina is hardkore with a K

DChess
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Haha, I love when a thread devolves into two people sending insults back and forth. As for the rap goes, let me just say that.............Tecca Nina is hardkore with a K

you absoltley fuckign suck. tech n9ne was good 5 years ago all his new music sucks, and that what you probaly like

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM

I like tech as well, he made up for a horrible album in everready with MLK, i can't stop playing it. it's real simple, but it's raw and i'm liking it. I love Felt as well. Surprised with all the murs love nobody has mentioned Living Legends, they're amazing. I also am still waiting for the follow up to Delton 3030 one of my fav. albums ever...

DChess
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I like tech as well, he made up for a horrible album in everready with MLK, i can't stop playing it. it's real simple, but it's raw and i'm liking it. I love Felt as well. Surprised with all the murs love nobody has mentioned Living Legends, they're amazing. I also am still waiting for the follow up to Delton 3030 one of my fav. albums ever...

i love living legends, legendary music is one of my favorite albums. i kinda did mention them with 3mg's and 2010 because they are on and part of living legends. sunspot jonez is also a baller

SubNoize
08-10-2007, 06:09 PM
i love living legends, legendary music is one of my favorite albums. i kinda did mention them with 3mg's and 2010 because they are on and part of living legends. sunspot jonez is also a baller

i missed the 3mgs reference, and yes 2010 is awesome...

DChess
08-10-2007, 06:13 PM
i love how everybody goes away when people actually discuss real music

trkaline
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
It's been my experience that if 50's your favorite rapper you started listenin to rap when he came into the game...

BuckNaked
08-10-2007, 06:27 PM

brother ali ftw

I'm a huge Brother Ali fan, when I saw his picture for the first time I laughed because it's crazy how good his music is and then you look at him and he's an overweight albino man.

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 07:03 PM

When the hell is Middle Passage coming out? I think "Military Minds" is supposed to be on it but he keeps pushing the release date back further and further.

And since we're talking about good rap, Cunninlynguists are the ****.

bantx
08-10-2007, 07:09 PM

i went to take a nice dookie :D

Nitschke-Hawk
08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Too bad 50 just cares about album sales. Kanye is a beast. The most creative of all the top selling hip hop artists.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
50 Cent is a joke a shame to hip hop, the prime example of what is wrong with hip hop today. Even though I'm not really a fan of his newer stuff Common Sense is still the top dog in the game today.

The Dynasty
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
When i heard this im like wow i might just have to go out and buy the Kanye West CD when it comes out.

elway777
08-10-2007, 09:15 PM
YFS, what do you like from Dre?

wiscbadgerfootball
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
good I hope 50 cent never makes music again

Vince Lombardi
08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Wreckx-n-Effects is in effect ya'll

BuckNaked
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Wreckx-n-Effects is in effect ya'll

Vince! How nice of you to show up.

ncst8fan83
08-11-2007, 12:11 AM

no one was here before. this thread has been a bitching match between 3 posters. it wasn't intended to become the new what-kinda-rap-you-like thread. or even who is the better rapper between kanye/fiddy. personally, i think they both suck hairy ****** asshole. kanye hides his WEAK lyrics behind great production and fiddy...umm...he just sucks. maybe if they tie, we'll rip a hole in the universe that will suck all the ****** music forever. that ******* workout song that kanye put out was the death of rap music, no ****.

BuckNaked
08-11-2007, 12:14 AM
no one was here before. this thread has been a bitching match between 3 posters. it wasn't intended to become the new what-kinda-rap-you-like thread. or even who is the better rapper between kanye/fiddy. personally, i think they both suck hairy ****** asshole. kanye hides his WEAK lyrics behind great production and fiddy...umm...he just sucks. maybe if they tie, we'll rip a hole in the universe that will suck all the ****** music forever. that ******* workout song that kanye put out was the death of rap music, no ****.

Bad night?

pierce2walker
08-11-2007, 12:22 AM
good I hope 50 cent never makes music again

My exact sentiments

pierce2walker
08-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Bad night?

No he speaks truth...I guess College Dropout had some ok stuff, but since Kanye has fallen off a cliff...50 is just a joke and always has been...period.

For those who were discussing earlier...agreed that both Felt and Brother Ali are really good, Im a big fan of both...like someone else said Immortal is good at first, but then it all sounds the same after a while...Living Legends have some sick stuff as well...Im also a big fan of Black Star and Reflection Eternal...also classics like A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots amoung others are always refreshing...so many people here seem to love Common to death (his new stuff)...I like Common as well, but I find his older stuff a lot better, but his new stuff isnt terrible...just a few of my opinions

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
YFS, what do you like from Dre?

Dr. Dre? Or Mac Dre?

And DChess, I ******* love Living Legends. I'm so pissed because I was supposed to go to Rock the Bells in San Bernardino tomorrow (also known as the greatest rap tour known to the history of the earth), but I couldn't get work off. It's gonna be nuts...Wu-Tang, Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Nas, Jedi Mind Tricks, Living Legends, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali, Felt...

You cannot believe how unbelievably mad I am that I'm not going.

trkaline
08-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Dr. Dre? Or Mac Dre?

And DChess, I ******* love Living Legends. I'm so pissed because I was supposed to go to Rock the Bells in San Bernardino tomorrow (also known as the greatest rap tour known to the history of the earth), but I couldn't get work off. It's gonna be nuts...Wu-Tang, Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Nas, Jedi Mind Tricks, Living Legends, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali, Felt...

OMG the Wu arw the best **** everyone else...

awfullyquiet
08-11-2007, 12:54 AM

kanye's lyrics aren't horribly weak. sure, he's not as strong as say de la soul is in the lyrical department, but it's not that bad, he just makes awkward transitions and isn't just a good rapper. he doesn't have the vocal sounds. but he has the production skills to cover up and make a decent album. i mean, he's truly talented. how many people make good beats and can rap decently? not too many. f'serious. i mean, if that wasn't true, timbaland and the neptunes wouldn't get so much love.

fiddy on the other hand is a POS. a better 'pure' rapper. he just doesn't have nearly the skills that his elders have and to face himself, he doesn't really distinguish himself. he is who he is because of his brand, he is 'fiddy cent'. and that's all he needs to be.

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 01:25 AM
kanye's lyrics aren't horribly weak. sure, he's not as strong as say de la soul is in the lyrical department, but it's not that bad, he just makes awkward transitions and isn't just a good rapper. he doesn't have the vocal sounds. but he has the production skills to cover up and make a decent album. i mean, he's truly talented. how many people make good beats and can rap decently? not too many. f'serious. i mean, if that wasn't true, timbaland and the neptunes wouldn't get so much love.

fiddy on the other hand is a POS. a better 'pure' rapper. he just doesn't have nearly the skills that his elders have and to face himself, he doesn't really distinguish himself. he is who he is because of his brand, he is 'fiddy cent'. and that's all he needs to be.

Exactly. If anything, 50 Cent is a genius at marketing himself.

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Also, everybody should know that Weezy's song "Work Em" on the just released Southern Slang 6 mixtape is ******* fire.

elway777
08-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Dr. Dre? Or Mac Dre?

Andre Nickatina man, who else?

pierce2walker
08-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Dr. Dre? Or Mac Dre?

Yup Im the exact same way...Me and my friend were SOOO pumped for that show...I completely agree; the greatest rap tour known to the history of this earth...so many legends it was unreal...but a bunch of suff came up so we wanted to road trip it to the SF show, but that didnt work out either...Im so pissed I cant see that...that show is gonna be legendary

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 03:15 AM
Andre Nickatina man, who else?

Shoulda called him Dre Dog. Then I would have immediately known ;)

I've got 148 Nickatina songs on my computer (pretty much all of his albums) and a playlist of my favorite songs by him that I keep updating as come across more and more stuff. As of now, the playlist is at 57 songs.

My absolute favorite Nickatina songs...
Scotty 15, Smoke Dope and Rap, Andre-n-Andre, I'm a Junkie, Rain, Fly Like a Bird, Conversation With a Devil, Rain, Crack Raider Razor, Cherry Banana Pumpkin Pie, Heelz, Dice of Life, Baking Soda in Minnesota, My Rap World, Jungle, Situation Critical, Yeah!, 4 AM Bay Bridge Music, Tina Terry, 2 B U, Bananas, I'm a Pisces, Savage as ****, That!, Killa Whale, Coca Cola, Train With No Love, Crackin Like Pistachio's, Soul of a Coke Dealer

Ahh...the list goes on and on.

critesy
08-11-2007, 03:27 AM
cant we all just agree on hurricane chris with his song ay bay bay?

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 03:39 AM
cant we all just agree on hurricane chris with his song ay bay bay?

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for catchy ass club music simply because it's entertaining and fun.

By the way, Mistah F.A.B. put out a sick ass freestyle to that beat called "From the Bay Bay Bay."

critesy
08-11-2007, 03:43 AM
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for catchy ass club music simply because it's entertaining and fun.

By the way, Mistah F.A.B. put out a sick ass freestyle to that beat called "From the Bay Bay Bay."

ahaha, speaking of... i was ghost riding the other day.. scary shittt.

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 03:45 AM
ahaha, speaking of... i was ghost riding the other day.. scary shittt.

Come on now. Ghostriding is the most fun **** in the world. Especially when you're thizzin and you're listening to stupid doo doo dumb Bay Area Hyphy ****.

When you gotta new carrrrr
And you feelin like a starrrr
Whatcha gonna do?
Ghost Ride it!
Ghost Ride the whip!

bantx
08-11-2007, 07:20 AM
lol ghost riding so many things can go wrong lol

SeanTaylorRIP
08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but just read this crap, this guy is an embarrassment to hip hop, and he thinks he's the greatest rapper to ever live, he is a joke, his flow is tired and I'd rather listen to Kid n play.
Complex Magazine:
[quote]
Kanye said he’d rather be number two on the day where everyone cares about hip-hop, how do you feel about that?
I think it makes good sense for Kanye West to keep his date the same as 50 Cent. First I was like, “What is he doing?” like, “It’s gonna kill him.” And then I go, “No, it does make sense.” His record is actually going backwards on the radio right now so—to make people think that there’s a competition between 50 Cent and Kanye West is a great promotion. Because it’s like, “50 Cent, Kanye West who you think is gonna win?” But Kanye should have never said that he would accept [#2]— he already knows that he doesn’t mind being number two because he knows he’s going to be number two. If he would have kept it like it was a challenge, I think his base, his fans would have tried to support it and it would’ve been like, “50 Cent, Kanye West who’s going to win?” That would have made it an even greater promotion.

You think there’s any shot he’ll out sell you?
No

You’re sitting on a nice royalty check from Vitamin Water, how important are investments outside of rap right now?
How important is your check? What happens is the artists are so creative that they forget the reality of it actually being a business. They get creative up until the point that their creativity doesn’t connect with the public anymore, and they're no longer relevant. And financially they’re somewhere, be it a VH1 special or somewhere ****** up, their money gone. So it’s important to make sure you put yourself in the stable financial space, not just for people who do entertainment period.

What do you think of Ja mounting a comeback during the same time you’re about to release your album?
He’s an idiot, for coming anywhere near a release that I’m coming. His music is garbage, period. You know what destroys a career? When an artist tries to compete with another but can’t withstand his opponents’ consistency. Cannabis. Cannabis was a talented rapper. But he couldn’t withstand LL’s consistency. That’s how he got shifted and the interest in Cannabis got to where about five or six people that would even listen to his CD. You know, so it’s the same **Expletive**. Ja Rule and 50 Cent, LL and Cannabis.

MTV named Lil’ Wayne’s the hottest MC right now, what are your thoughts on that?
MTV can suck my dick. It doesn’t matter. I could say whatever I want. If I want to be an asshole, idiot, I could just say whatever I want. You know what I mean, like, I’m just doing this as an example, because I don’t really mean literally MTV could—I could say it, like MTV could say that that’s their favorite artist because that’s one person’s opinion. Whoever they said, “Can you go out and set up this list for us.” That’s their opinion who they put in. They put Game number three when I wrote the three singles that created him. What does that mean? That I’m number 3? Because you're not into me this week, I get a chance to sit in the number eight spot, but the project that I created is number three.

SubNoize
08-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I went to the paid dues tou last night here in AZ and it was amazing man... Felt, Living Legends, Brother Ali all tore it up. The only artist i didn't like was Sage Francis, that dude sucks live... Other than that show was good. I'm in Cali. all day today for the rock the bells/paid dues tour here and i can't wait, I'm seeing Rage man, it's been a while... today's going to be a good day.

elway777
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Shoulda called him Dre Dog. Then I would have immediately known ;)

I've got 148 Nickatina songs on my computer (pretty much all of his albums) and a playlist of my favorite songs by him that I keep updating as come across more and more stuff. As of now, the playlist is at 57 songs.

My absolute favorite Nickatina songs...
Scotty 15, Smoke Dope and Rap, Andre-n-Andre, I'm a Junkie, Rain, Fly Like a Bird, Conversation With a Devil, Rain, Crack Raider Razor, Cherry Banana Pumpkin Pie, Heelz, Dice of Life, Baking Soda in Minnesota, My Rap World, Jungle, Situation Critical, Yeah!, 4 AM Bay Bridge Music, Tina Terry, 2 B U, Bananas, I'm a Pisces, Savage as ****, That!, Killa Whale, Coca Cola, Train With No Love, Crackin Like Pistachio's, Soul of a Coke Dealer

Ahh...the list goes on and on.

Savage as **** is great. That's Smoov-E in there right?

Great list overall, but I'd have to add Cocaine raps and To Be You.

bored of education
08-11-2007, 01:34 PM

ILLLLLLL

THE PARTS WHERE THE BEAT STOPS AND THEY SPIT

DAMN

THATS CLASSIC

bored of education
08-11-2007, 01:38 PM
That Track. Wow

bored of education
08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Brother Ali Is Amazing

Ohh By The Way

Would Rakim, Krs-one And Nas Ever Do Wa Track With 50?

....point Made

bantx
08-11-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah that song is crazy

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I went to the paid dues tou last night here in AZ and it was amazing man... Felt, Living Legends, Brother Ali all tore it up. The only artist i didn't like was Sage Francis, that dude sucks live... Other than that show was good. I'm in Cali. all day today for the rock the bells/paid dues tour here and i can't wait, I'm seeing Rage man, it's been a while... today's going to be a good day.

I'm so ******* jealous of you.

And Elway, 2 B U and Cocaine Raps are both great Nickatina songs. Love them. And ya, that's Smoov-e on Savage as ****.

DChess
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Dr. Dre? Or Mac Dre?

stoner i would give my right nut to go to rock the bells

Ewing
08-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I want you all to think back to a time when rap wasn't about how many bitches you could get or how big your rims were. Jam Master Jay is rolling over in his grave because of what a joke ths genre of music has become. Feuds? Are you ****ing kidding me? The true talent in hip-hop isn't played on the radio or MTV because those networks would rather shovel garbage down your throat 24 hours a day. Go check out some Blackalicious and come back to me.

BufFan71
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Juelz Santana.....

awfullyquiet
08-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I want you all to think back to a time when rap wasn't about how many bitches you could get or how big your rims were. Jam Master Jay is rolling over in his grave because of what a joke ths genre of music has become. Feuds? Are you ****ing kidding me? The true talent in hip-hop isn't played on the radio or MTV because those networks would rather shovel garbage down your throat 24 hours a day. Go check out some Blackalicious and come back to me.

Agreed. (about JMJ and old school, when rap was about bubble gum and drinking juice in south central)
I mean, radio and MTV does that so well though, both in the pop, rap, and rock world.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Hip Hop is a joke now, it's targeted towards the rock fangroup who love to get high and act like pimps. The music means nothing, the flows are tired, and the beats are overused. I haven't been a fan of hip hop since 1994. I swear it is just pathetic now, I don't care about how long your chain is, how many hoes you have or whatever. I miss the old stuff, Marley Marl was legendary, KRS-One now that is an MC. His stuff was just so beyond most of his listeners. I would buy a CD of his with just rhymes, don't care if it didn't have a bumping beat. Guys like Big Daddy Kane brought in some of that stuff they talk about today but his rhyme was still pin point and on the money and had great stuff. Rakim is the founder of new school music but his stuff was quality and actually had meaning in his lyrics. Slick Rick was amazing, a storyteller, he would put todays stuff to shame. You can listen to his stuff and get drawn in. Kurtis Blow and the Christmas record was a real classic. Chuck D is the most powerful lyricist of all time his stuff hit you in the heart. Kool G Rap, Common is so underrated. People just look at his gap adds now and stuff, but neglect his past, a true poet and lyricist. Battles used to be about 1 on 1 who can come up with better punchlines, now it's about who can outcuss the other and talk about his car. I wish hip hop would go back to when it was centered around breaking bboying, popping, and dancing, than now how it's centered around money. The music just isn't pure anymore. Hell I'd listen to crap like Kidnplay over any 50 cent crap.

Flyboy
08-27-2007, 01:13 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/hhdx-newsfeatures-images/20070822NSCREAM_400a.jpg

BlindSite
08-27-2007, 04:10 AM
I hate rap, but after listening to fiddy cent try to talk on TV the other night, I'm buying a Kanye CD just do my bit to **** him.

YAYareaRB
08-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Hip Hop is a joke now, it's targeted towards the rock fangroup who love to get high and act like pimps. The music means nothing, the flows are tired, and the beats are overused. I haven't been a fan of hip hop since 1994. I swear it is just pathetic now, I don't care about how long your chain is, how many hoes you have or whatever. I miss the old stuff, Marley Marl was legendary, KRS-One now that is an MC. His stuff was just so beyond most of his listeners. I would buy a CD of his with just rhymes, don't care if it didn't have a bumping beat. Guys like Big Daddy Kane brought in some of that stuff they talk about today but his rhyme was still pin point and on the money and had great stuff. Rakim is the founder of new school music but his stuff was quality and actually had meaning in his lyrics. Slick Rick was amazing, a storyteller, he would put todays stuff to shame. You can listen to his stuff and get drawn in. Kurtis Blow and the Christmas record was a real classic. Chuck D is the most powerful lyricist of all time his stuff hit you in the heart. Kool G Rap, Common is so underrated. People just look at his gap adds now and stuff, but neglect his past, a true poet and lyricist. Battles used to be about 1 on 1 who can come up with better punchlines, now it's about who can outcuss the other and talk about his car. I wish hip hop would go back to when it was centered around breaking bboying, popping, and dancing, than now how it's centered around money. The music just isn't pure anymore. Hell I'd listen to crap like Kidnplay over any 50 cent crap.

Sounds like your living in the past bro. I don't condone the stuff that is coming out now days but times are surely changing. Rappers can't rap about the same stuff they rapped about 10-20 years ago. I've been into Kanye West's stuff since I was a freshmen with college dropout. Lupe Fiasco is the ****.. talk about a true poet. BBoying and Popping isn't what puts money in the bank anymore. The bar has been raised(or lowered depending on your preference) and that's what most rappers follow now. Everyone still remembers and pays homage to the front runners of hip hop but it's just not the same.

nvot9
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Don't categorize all hip hop with mainstream and radio played hip hop when you say hip hop is dead and a joke, because not all is bad, in fact most is good, just what you hear on the radio and on MTV is bad.

etk
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I hate rap, but after listening to fiddy cent try to talk on TV the other night, I'm buying a Kanye CD just do my bit to **** him.

I haven't bought a CD in two years but I think I'll have to make an exception here. I don't like Kanye so I'll just give it away as a present.

2stepsahead
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
did anyone see 50 at screamfest or watever its called

Philliez01
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Ghettosermon's post actually reminds me of a convo a few months back.

I am not a rap fan, quite the opposite (not a huge music guy really) but I was talking about how Common was a good (I was just seeing what the reaction would be; let's keep in mind I'm just calling him a GOOD rapper):

"He a'ight"
"NO"
"He acts too white"
"He's better than good"
and the KICKER:

"Lil' Wayne is better"

It's pretty funny that if you do not rap about the following:

Hoes
Bitches
Rims (as in on a car ;) )

You are either unworthy of attention, not smart, OR "white".

Paul
08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Looks like they kissed and made up

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/s/screamfest_07/281x211.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1567684/20070823/50_cent.jhtml
Although the audience was rocking to West, the spectacle of seeing everybody together onstage — especially the two guys who have been hyping their September 11 in-store showdown on one stage at the same time took precedence. They were all smiling and dancing and genuinely enjoying the camaraderie. 50 even threw up the Roc-A-Fella diamond sign with his hands for a couple of seconds.

50, Kanye, Diddy, Jay-Z, TI, Ciara and Swizz Beatz on the same stage at one time. Sounded like a crazy show.

Buckeyes
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzLfWFbe9M

There is a snippet of Kanye's new single Good Life... that was played at the end of Entourage last night... Graduation is gonna be tight.

YAYareaRB
08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
It's pretty funny that if you do not rap about the following:

Hoes
Bitches
Rims (as in on a car ;) )

You are either unworthy of attention, not smart, OR "white".

That's reality for you. No matter how much people rant about the hip hop being dead.. These are the exact subjects Mainstream America loves. I for one think hip hop is very well alive. But, it's alive in certain people. It all matters in the listeners preference.

skinzzfan25
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I've listened to most of both of the CDs so far and I gotta say I'm really feelin Graduation. Some tracks on Curtis are really repetitive, and I could only listen to the clean version, so I gotta wait for the dirty lol.

trkaline
09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
I got the Graduation it finally leaked its nice now the Curtis on the other hand I could only find clean so i wont even listen to it...

MiamiU27
09-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Kanye is amazing fitty sucks end of discussion

skinzzfan25
09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I got the Graduation it finally leaked its nice now the Curtis on the other hand I could only find clean so i wont even listen to it...

Yeah same situation with me, I'll re-evaluate Curtis when I can get the dirty.

Turtlepower
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Looks like Fiddy will have to retire:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-rapweb12sep12,0,6067556.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

Well, both albums hit the shelves Tuesday, and early results suggest that 50's sales aren't as big as his words.

An Amazon.com spokeswoman said the site will be tracking sales for each album via a graphic on its music page all week. At midday Tuesday, West was outpacing 50 Cent more than 2 to 1.

awfullyquiet
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Looks like Fiddy will have to retire:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-rapweb12sep12,0,6067556.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

who'da thunkin? jesus. like everyone didn't know that?

thetedginnshow
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Kanye has some amazing songs on his new album. I guess "Homecoming" used to be "Home" and featured John Legend instead. If you've heard that version, it's much better than this one, but oh well. "The Glory" is greater than everything.

NYGibril28
09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
The only song I don't like off of Kanye is Drunk N Hot Girls...

The only song I like on 50's album is, hold on...I can't think of one, they all suck! :)

thetedginnshow
09-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Kanye has some amazing songs on his new album. I guess "Homecoming" used to be "Home" and featured John Legend instead. If you've heard that version, it's much better than this one, but oh well. "The Glory" is greater than everything.

I forgot about "Everything I Am". That and "The Glory" are up there by themselves for me.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Graduation is hot fiyaaaah!

I can't get into 50s stuff

alca1992
09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
my favorite songs on kanye: (in order)
6.stronger(old yes)
5.cant tell me nothing(old yes)
4.drunk n hot girls
3.good life (next single)
2.the glory
1.and my favorite song out of all of them is homecoming

50 cents favorite songs:
4.ayo technology
3.i get money
2.my gun
1. ill still kill only one that is REALLY good

imo kanye wins in a landslide

NYGibril28
09-15-2007, 09:34 AM
50's CD sucks. It's mainstream, and the rhymes are tired. His beats are decent like always, but that's all. Easily his worst CD.

Kanye's CD is great. It's a great CD and I don't even know where to rank it among his first two.

alca1992
09-15-2007, 09:38 AM
50's CD sucks. It's mainstream, and the rhymes are tired. His beats are decent like always, but that's all. Easily his worst CD.

Kanye's CD is great. It's a great CD and I don't even know where to rank it among his first two.

imo it goes like this

1. late registration
2.graduation
3. college dropout

Paul
09-15-2007, 09:44 AM
imo it goes like this

1. late registration
2.graduation
3. college dropout

Same rankings for me. But Graduation and College Dropout aren't scrubs either. All his albums are high quality.

alca1992
09-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Same rankings for me. But Graduation and College Dropout aren't scrubs either. All his albums are high quality.

yea i cant belive kanye is already a legend in only 3 years

Nitschke-Hawk
09-15-2007, 11:05 PM
yea i cant belive kanye is already a legend in only 3 years

The first one came out in 2003 and he's been producing a long time now. So yeah only 3 great albums but over 4 years and the countless songs he's made. He produced some of Jay Z's best songs for example.
-------
Kanye had a Myspace bulletin that said he sold 436,000 in on the first day and that he was shooting for million.

DChess
09-15-2007, 11:07 PM
college dropout is by far his best cd, you guys are crazy.

JagHombre22
09-15-2007, 11:11 PM
so is "fiddy" going to retire or what?

SugarSean
09-16-2007, 12:08 AM
college dropout is by far his best cd, you guys are crazy.

Yeah, man. I have no idea what these dudes are talking about. I'm a huge Kanye fan and I buy all his albums but Late Registration and Graduation don't compare to College Dropout. I mean, they're good albums, maybe even really good, but College Dropout is a classic. It's one of the top rap albums I've ever heard. I put College Dropout on the next tier, right under Illmatic, Blueprint and It Was Written.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I like graduation pretty good, there are some tracks I really like, won't even touch on 50 cause all of his stuff is crap and tired. Bittersweet is really catchy for some reason, Big Brother is one of his better records on the album, Champion is solid, and Homecoming is nice. Good album overall but some awful records as well. Drunk and Hot girls is an awful song, and not really digging Barry Bonds or Flashing lights either. It is a semi-creative album though I'd give it a 7 of 10.

alca1992
09-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I like graduation pretty good, there are some tracks I really like, won't even touch on 50 cause all of his stuff is crap and tired. Bittersweet is really catchy for some reason, Big Brother is one of his better records on the album, Champion is solid, and Homecoming is nice. Good album overall but some awful records as well. Drunk and Hot girls is an awful song, and not really digging Barry Bonds or Flashing lights either. It is a semi-creative album though I'd give it a 7 of 10.

you dont like drunk n hot girls i taught it was hilarious

trkaline
09-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Get rich or die trying is a classic i wish fiidy stopped after that.....

neko4
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Just trying to get a number here...
How many people care about fiddy/kanye's feud?

trkaline
09-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I do not..it was good marketing...50 actually took shots at him on tv and radio while Ye gave him nothing but respect and Kanye still whoopin his ass in album sales....

trkaline
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh by the way fiddy changed his statement, he said if he loses now hes going to war with Def Jam everytime a Def Jam Artist drops an album hes gonna drop an album hes gotta be half ********

energizerbunny
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
what a punk.... 50 is a busta

bantx
09-23-2007, 01:13 AM
ah yes kanye 900,000 sold not only did he beat 50 but he beat everyone else where is jballa when u want to rub it in

DChess
09-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah, man. I have no idea what these dudes are talking about. I'm a huge Kanye fan and I buy all his albums but Late Registration and Graduation don't compare to College Dropout. I mean, they're good albums, maybe even really good, but College Dropout is a classic. It's one of the top rap albums I've ever heard. I put College Dropout on the next tier, right under Illmatic, Blueprint and It Was Written.

agreed, the whole album is amazing. this is how i see it.

rankings + Songs:

College Dropout:
5. Never Let Me Down
4. Spaceship
3. Two Words
2. Family Buisness
1. Through The Wire

Graduation:
5. Homecoming
4. Can't Tell Me Nothing
3. Good Life
2. The Glory
1. Champion

Late Registration:
5. Heard Em Say
4. Touch The Sky
3. We Major
2. Gold Digger
1. Hey Mama

DChess
09-23-2007, 02:01 AM
you dont like drunk n hot girls i taught it was hilarious

taught, thats not even a typo. and yes that song isnt one of the better ones

SeanTaylorRIP
09-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I really like Kanye's album, only tracks I don't like are Can't Tell me nothing, Hot N Drunk Girls, and Flashing street lights. He does have some awkward lyrics throughout the album though like rhyming coldplay with coldplay.

Paul
09-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I really like Kanye's album, only tracks I don't like are Can't Tell me nothing, Hot N Drunk Girls, and Flashing street lights. He does have some awkward lyrics throughout the album though like rhyming coldplay with coldplay.

"I'm the fly Malcolm X/Buy any jeans necessary"
*cringe*

Nitschke-Hawk
09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
"I'm the fly Malcolm X/Buy any jeans necessary"
*cringe*

Some would argue that's a great line though.

Paul
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Some would argue that's a great line though.

Maybe. But I thought it was extremely corny when I first heard it.

jballa838
09-23-2007, 09:52 AM
ah yes kanye 900,000 sold not only did he beat 50 but he beat everyone else where is jballa when u want to rub it in
sorry i'm late.

LonghornsLegend
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM

thats what i thought i heard, im glad i wasnt the only one tripping off that, i really hope everyone doesnt think like that because your on crack...50 can rap? and Kanye is one of the best lyricist in the game period, if you dont think kanye can rap then who can?

o and what did 50 sell the first week?

JoeMontainya
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
People that actually live out there on the streets envolved with gangs are the true rap upbringings, and they would NEVER pick Kanye over 50 cent, even if they do hate 50.

Kanye is a hip hop artist, 50 cent is a raper.

I guarantee not a single person is the hood would bump a Kanye song unless they are related to him.

jballa838
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
People that actually live out there on the streets envolved with gangs are the true rap upbringings, and they would NEVER pick Kanye over 50 cent, even if they do hate 50.

I guarantee not a single person is the hood would bump a Kanye song unless they are related to him.
true that. +rep
its RAPPER anyway

Paul
09-23-2007, 10:21 AM

This maybe the most ignorant and damn near stupid comment I've ever seen on this board. And with Jballa vouching for you on it, makes it that much worst. If you don't mind please define for me a "true rap upringing". Is it directly associated with gang affiliation, gun play, and drug dealing? Because if it is I guess guys like Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Outkast, etc are not real rappers, since they do not use those things in there raps. Is that the way your and Jballa's logic works? Because if so, your conception of hip/hop music, is the reason Bill O'riley and other narrow minded idiots who pigeon hole all rap artist into the same gun totting, 40 drinking, misogynistic, alpha males

ATLDirtyBirds
09-23-2007, 10:40 AM

The ignorance of that statement is just unbearable. The people that actually live out there? I'm guessing that you a white suburban kid, and you have no actual connection with people from the ghetto.

Brodeur
09-23-2007, 11:16 AM

50 Cent rapes people now? And I thought I hated him before.

bantx
09-23-2007, 01:15 PM

im guessing u just got ur red bar from this statement good job and then jballa looking for any kind of help from this arguement agrees with u, this is why yalls taste in music sucks

jballa838
09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
im guessing u just got ur red bar from this statement good job and then jballa looking for any kind of help from this arguement agrees with u, this is why yalls taste in music sucks
i guess it does. i really hate all 50s songs on this one though. Kanye at least kinda makes sense. anybody know what AYO Technology means?

HoopsDemon12
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
i guess it does. i really hate all 50s songs on this one though. Kanye at least kinda makes sense. anybody know what AYO Technology means?

its a statement about the goverment and the human nature around it.....