PDA

View Full Version : the perfect game

scottyboy
08-10-2007, 07:28 PM
there are many great settings you have chances to watch your teams games on Sunday, Monday and sometimes Thursdays and Saturdays. My question is, which "perfect" situation is your perfect game?

Perfect 1: You're at home, alone. In your favorite jersey, sitting in your good reclining chair. Just you, your TV, some beer, soda and a bag of your favorite chips/snack. Peace and quiet, and nobody to yell at you for yelling at your TV for a bad play call, call or play.

2: The tailgate, the BBQ, friends, beer and soda around you. Bringing out the good meats for the grill. throwing the ol' pigskin around the parking lot, avoiding driving cars, and trying not to dent parked cars while going for that catch. In your seat, constant talk with surrounding fans. Agreeing with fans of the same team, constant trash talk with the drunk guy rooting for the other team next to you(or maybe your the drunk :)). grabbing some more food inside, sneaking up foor better seats. Enduring the weather like your team, trying to get on TV and always gettin up for the wave.

3: You and your buddies, all huddled around the TV, laptops for fantasy never out of reach. constantly checking other games during your teams halftime, or waiting for the later game. a mix of fans among your friends causing constant arguing and poking fun of other teams. staying all day, catching the earlier games(EST 1 pm) and staying till the sunday night game. sometimes even sleeping over if your too drunk or tired to drive.

4: You and your family gather round the TV. the whole famliy dressed in team colors(except for your one kid brother who you think he's adopted cuz he's a packer fan in a Giants household.) During half, you go out in the yard and have a game of 2 hand touch football. come in for half number two, and chow down on the snacks mom cooked up. after the game, you chill with some pizza and discuss the game, trying not to get pizza sauce on your vintage LT jersey.

now in your own special way, one of these choices strongly appeals to you. Just making this in thinking that all though school is on the way, so if football, and I, as you all, cannot wait!! just curious on how people love to spend gameday. if there's some other tradition or thing you like to do, share it here, and lets all gear up for some regular season football, less than a month away!!

princefielder28
08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Nothing better than going to a game at Lambeau and sitting on the aluminum bleachers

scottyboy
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Nothing better than going to a game at Lambeau and sitting on the aluminum bleachers

I'll tell ya, i took a trip out there, and it was amazing(and cold) i was there in my huge giants coat, with my packers fan bro, and all the fans were great, just an awe striking experience.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Me and my buddies watch every game together but in the few times we can't I don't mind watching it alone, I get to take everything in better.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-10-2007, 07:59 PM
i said option 1, all by myself. sometimes i just need to be alone while watching my team. Other peoples stupid comments can annoy me, they may talk or bug me, while all i want to do is sit and watch the game, focusing on every little detail of whats happening. I've only been at one NFL game (i live in Canada) and my goal is to make it to NY for a Jets game this year with my GF who is a New Jersey Devils fan. If the trip happens, i may change my mind.......

TimD
08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
i try to do four of each during the season haha :D

actually for jets home games i go (SECTION 325!!!) and the away games i'll watch with friends, family, or alone... all good... football is football!

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Im option 3... never go to school wihtout a hangover in the season haah

Dam8610
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Nothing compares to the live experience.

GB12
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I'll tell ya, i took a trip out there, and it was amazing(and cold) i was there in my huge giants coat, with my packers fan bro, and all the fans were great, just an awe striking experience.

Was that in 2004?

And to answer the question it's 2 followed by 1.

scottyboy
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Was that in 2004?

And to answer the question it's 2 followed by 1.

no last year in an ugly game in which sadly, the Pack lost.

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Nothing compares to the live experience.

Completely agree. I get to go to quite a few Colts games annually and no matter who they're playing, it's always a great time.

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
i havnt had the chance to go see one... this year i may takle a raodtrip with some buddies to see a bill sgame though... hopefully get Puz's autograph

GB12
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
no last year in an ugly game in which sadly, the Pack lost.

We didn't play the Giants last year...

Dam8610
08-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Completely agree. I get to go to quite a few Colts games annually and no matter who they're playing, it's always a great time.

You're a lucky lucky person. I was able to make 3 last year, 1 of which was the AFC Championship Game. The atmosphere during and after that game was unbelieveable. That's a night I'll never forget.

Dam8610
08-10-2007, 08:30 PM
i havnt had the chance to go see one... this year i may takle a raodtrip with some buddies to see a bill sgame though... hopefully get Puz's autograph

Best chance to get autographs is training camp.

Go_Eagles77
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately, none of those are close to my experiences, basically I go to my grandma's house on Sundays (I'm 16) and watch the game with a few of my relatives, there is only about 5 people on the couch watching the game, and like 7 middle-aged/ elderly women at the dining room talking and laughing loud as hell. but no one besides me is in eagles gear (or any teams' gear for that matter) and when my team gets a good play, and I react and scream "YES!", I get a bunch of weird looks from everyone. Basically the only other eagles fans in my family are my brother and grandpa, but the only players they know are McNabb, Westbrook, Trotter, Kearse and Dawkins. When I could name probably about 65 eagles right now lol (not bragging or anything, because I know most of you could do that for your team, I'm just comparing me to my family members)

I would love to go to a game though, that would probably be the time of my life.

scottyboy
08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
We didn't play the Giants last year...

i know, we went to the jets game. just a coincidence, it was the game closest to my bros b-day. for some reason, he's a pack fan.

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Nothing is better then being in my seats in M & T Bank Stadium, watching the Ravens, drinking some brew and helping make our house one of the loudest in the NFL.

08-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Solitude. But, that is because I am a anti-social asshole.

M.O.T.H.
08-11-2007, 01:36 AM
numero uno...If i got tickets they would be awful...I wouldnt see anything.

I get a bit rowdy when the games on...hell, I go nuts. I cannot/will not watch the game w/ anyone else.

The Dynasty
08-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Well seeing that I dont know another single viking fan in my town that is around my age i like to watch the game either just with my family or just watch it alone. I do like to go to the games alot more but i see the Vikes everytime they come to buffalo so not often. I like to be watching game alone because i cant stand when people talk during the game haha.

JK17
08-11-2007, 02:23 PM
See the problem is, I would love to be at the games, but unfortunately I live on the opposite side of the country, so that's a no. I'd love to watch it with friends, but the problem is they all like other teams (suprsingly enough, the Charger fan base in Jersey is very low...who knew). I'd love to watch with the family, but my Dad's a Giants fan, and my mom and sister are too frustrating to explain the game too every play, so I give up.

So that leaves me watching the game alone, which I don't mind. It makes it less weird when I'm punching the wall, or leaning over a chair backwards while squeezing a pillow on 4th and inches....

TitleTown088
08-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Lambeau+me+alcohol= Utopia.

rainbeaukid2
08-11-2007, 04:23 PM
i love going to the niner games at what is now Bill Walsh Field. some of my best memories come from tailgaiting in the parking lot and then going to the games.

Flyboy
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm an introvert... staying at home is what I love best. Absolutely LOVE it.

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I love the 2nd one.

Splat
08-11-2007, 05:03 PM
As long as I'm with my Dad I don't care home or at the game he is the reason I'm a Chiefs/NFL fan in the first place.

Brent
08-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Going to the game depends on the weather, where you sit and if the people around you are not annoying. But since I haven't been to a Niners' game in so long, I will go with Friends and Football.

alca1992
08-11-2007, 05:06 PM
i would have chossen family and football but my family hates sports

Splat
08-11-2007, 05:08 PM

That sucks sorry to hear that there is something about rooting for the same team with your family.

08-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Why would your family hate sports?

scottyboy
08-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Why would your family hate sports?

he's red sox and celtics fan, thats reson enough :p