PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Starters

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Which rookies on your team do you think will start from day one?

For the Raiders I think Zach Miller,Quentin Moses,and Mario Henderson will all start.

cardsalltheway
08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Tony Ugoh should be starting from Week 1. Quinn Pitcock might, but Ed Johnson looked pretty solid against the 'boys so who knows. Gonzalez won't be starting, but he will be seeing plenty of PT and balls thrown his way.

TimD
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
possibly david harris as the other ILB in the 3-4... if revis got his ass in camp maybe him... probably not tho

umphrey
08-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Brandon Jackson will split carries and could get 20+ depending on Morency's injury.

James Jones will see time during 3 WR sets.

That's it for the Packers, the rest of our guys don't really stand a chance unless we get hit by key injuries in the next month. Maybe Harrell in a DT rotation but I seriously doubt it from day one, even though he is 1st on the depth chart.

Dam8610
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Ugoh, Gonzo (3rd WR starts a lot of games in the Colts' offense when it's a talented player, which I think it's fair to say Gonzo is), Pitcock, MAYBE Ed Johnson

kalbears13
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Joe Thomas and Eric Wright

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Marshawn Lynch will be starting from day one... adn hopefully Puz

America
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Amobi Okoye will start.

Go_Eagles77
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Nobody for the eagles.

GB12
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Even with the injury I expect Morency to be the week one starter. Harrell has tough competition, but he does have a chance. Unlike last year when we had so many rookie starters, we could easily not have a single one for the opener this year.

keylime_5
08-10-2007, 08:43 PM
kalbears said it, Thomas and Wright.

bearsfan_51
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe Greg Olsen. He's the only one with a chance.

Flyboy
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
No one for the Saints.

jbeans187
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Rams - Carriker. Leonard will see the field, other than that no one will play

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Marcus McCauley will start as the nickel corner.

Michigan
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Calvin Johnson.

GB12
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Marcus McCauley will start as the nickel corner.

Well that's not really starting then is it ;)

zoinks
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Titans....maybe CB Michael Griffin, but corner is one of the team's deepest positions.....tough to crack the starting lineup there.

WR Chris Davis has been getting good reviews, and could get some starts this year lining up as a slot receiver....especially if someone else gets dinged.

But all in all, I doubt any rookies will be starting opening day.

nfrillman
08-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Rams
DT- Adam Carriker

RB- Brian Leonard will see some time spelling Jackson
CB- Jonathon Wade could see some action in Nickel or Dime situations
DT's- Clifton Ryan and Keith Jackson might see some time

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Jamaal Anderson- SDE
Justin Blalock- LG
Chris Houston- CB
Laurant Robinson- 43rd/4th WR
David Irons- Dime CB
Trey Lewis- 2nd/ 3rd NT
Jason Snelling/ Justin Vincent- 3rd RB/ power RB
Stephen Nicholas- WLB till DeMorrio Williams returns
Martrez Milner- #2/3 TE
Darren Stone- ST, #2 SS

Lots of youth on the Falcons.

Smooth Criminal
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
steelers starters will probably be sepulveda on opening day but I expect woodley to get the start by the end of the season.

Vikes99ej
08-10-2007, 09:49 PM
steelers starters will probably be sepulveda on opening day but I expect woodley to get the start by the end of the season.

Timmons isn't going to start?

Caddy
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
For the Bucs I see Arron Sears as the only Day 1 starter with Tanard Jackson, Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli all being worked into the mix by the end of the season.

Shiver
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
The Falcons will have Justin Blalock, Chris Houston, Jamaal Anderson.

M.O.T.H.
08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Possibly Nick Folk for the boys...Martin is gonna make it tough, though.

Smooth Criminal
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Timmons isn't going to start?

not saying he won't but he hasnt practiced yet and we still have Haggans so there is really only one olb spot up for grabs and Woodley has looked good. Timmons will probably get alot of time coming in as a sub.

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Pending preseason, Landry should start right out the gate. Williams isn't big on starting rookies, but a lot of the fanbase was mad at the fact that he held McIntosh down for so long. He didn't start till the last game of the season, while our LBers were getting trucked.

Landry is probably the most prepared to make an immediate effect on a team though.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
No one for the Bengals.

GB12
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Pending preseason, Landry should start right out the gate. Williams isn't big on starting rookies, but a lot of the fanbase was mad at the fact that he held McIntosh down for so long. He didn't start till the last game of the season, while our LBers were getting trucked.

Landry is probably the most prepared to make an immediate effect on a team though.
No, that would be Lynch.

Yung Flippa
08-10-2007, 11:23 PM
The Ravens = Ben Grubbs & LeRon McLain

skinzzfan25
08-10-2007, 11:27 PM
No, that would be Lynch.

Well, he is a 4 year starter at one of the best defensive programs in the nation. He's at least the most ready person on the defensive side of the ball.

umphrey
08-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I forgot about Crosby, he has a slight edge on Rayner for the kicking job so far - if he takes his high %s from practice into preseason he will probably be kicking for us

yo123
08-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Marshawn Lynch will be starting from day one... adn hopefully Puz

I was surprised to see A-Train starting tonight.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-11-2007, 01:22 AM
I think Beason has about a 75/25 chance of starting Week 1. He hurt himself coming into camp late but seems to be catching up well. He'd be a lock if he was in at day one of camp. Oh, if Morgan gets injured before the season starts 100% chance he's playing

Kalil is 50/50 at C. Bit of a logjam there with Hartwig and the other interior lineman

After that...Ryne Robinson at PR/KR if it counts. Jarrett has an outside shot at WR #2 and CJ Wilson may be our most talented safety after Chris Harris but I'd bet money neither start earlier than Week 4

yourfavestoner
08-11-2007, 01:30 AM
For the Jaguars...Reggie Nelson. Mike Walker has a chance to be the opening day starter at receiver as well, and definitely will be starting by year's end.

nobodyinparticular
08-11-2007, 01:35 AM

For the Raiders I think Zach Miller,Quentin Moses,and Mario Henderson will all start.

I think they'll wait on Moses for 3 or 4 weeks and Henderson would be lucky to see the field before Week 10 barring an injury to a couple offensive linemen.

Crazy_Chris
08-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Sidney Rice has a legit shot at a Starting WR spot for the vikes.

ChiFan24
08-11-2007, 02:28 AM
It's hard to say between Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark...Olsen will be more productive, but I'd have to guess Clark begins the season as the starter.

Nobody else has a chance, unless multiple injuries occur.

Modano
08-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Possibly Nick Folk for the boys...Martin is gonna make it tough, though.

And Anthony Spencer if Ellis can't play from week 1...

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 02:59 AM

As well as Spaeth the #2 TE since we use a lot of the 2TE sets. I think Spaeth if he stays healthy could haul in 4-5 touchdowns as a rookie.

JK17
08-11-2007, 09:01 AM
We got Craig Davis starting as the #2 I believe, or at least primed to take the spot with Parker out ten weeks...

Weddle won't start, for a while probably, so I don't see anyone else starting. Maybe a LB at some point in the season (Waters)..

Iamcanadian
08-11-2007, 09:39 AM
H..mmm, only 26% of round 1 players start on average their opening game of their 1st season and it's all downhill from there. Unless your team is in a complete rebuilding mode, you aren't going to see much in the way of rookies starting. It's a huge adjustment to pro ball from the college game hence, rookies rarely start opening day and even if they do, they aren't close to being the players they will become with experience. Only RB's have much of an impact as that is the one position where success can come early.

OzTitan
08-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Just wondering, where did you find that 26% stat? Not disputing it, just curious :)

Iamcanadian
08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Just wondering, where did you find that 26% stat? Not disputing it, just curious :)

Pat Kirwan, NFL.com, had an article on rookie's starting last season and pointed out that only between 21-26% of rookies ever open the season as starters.

Splat
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
For the Chiefs.

D-Bo (WR)

Turk McBride (Will fill in for Jared Allen at DE the first two games)

Justin Medlock (Kicker)

draftguru151
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Right now Samson Satele is definitely starting at C, Drew Mormino is currently starting at LG. Brandon Fields will likely get the punting job. Ginn is the starting return man and he might actually start tonight because Booker is injured.

SubNoize
08-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I think they'll wait on Moses for 3 or 4 weeks and Henderson would be lucky to see the field before Week 10 barring an injury to a couple offensive linemen.

actually everything written and all the statements from coaches point to Moses starting opposite of Burgess week 1. The only problem is, he's average at this point against the run so i don't know how that's going to work out since 1st down is an obvious run down and Richardson and Huntley are much better against the run, but not the most solid pass rushers, pretty confusing to me, i say let Moses learn.

stl9erfan
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I think both of SF's first round picks will be starters by about week 4 or so. Willis I think has a good chance to even open the season as a starter-- D. Smith is putting up a good fight but it's becoming more and more apparent that Willis' raw athleticism and instincts are going to be tough to keep off the field for long. Staley, meanwhile, would already seem to be a better pass blocker than Kwame Harris.

Ohter than that, Ray McDonald has a very good chance to be in the DL rotation and could be a starter at some point this season, and Dashon Goldson has an outside shot at unseating Mark Roman as the starter at FS, but I wouldn't expect to see either of them start, at least not early on this year.

Brent
08-11-2007, 12:56 PM
just like stl said, Willis has a legit shot at starting MLB early on. Staley might start at RT on opening day. Jason Hill has a good shot at #3 WR.

KCJ58
08-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Rams - Carriker. Leonard will see the field, other than that no one will play

Jonathan Wade will play some Nickle and Dime

TheChampIsHere
08-14-2007, 12:54 AM

Zach Miller should start 16 games for us. But I dont think Moses or Henderson starts. Unless Sims gets hurt or really screws up bad, neither of which I expect (hes always been servicable at LT and not injury-prone), Henderson will sit on the bench and learn for a year, hes very raw, they dont want to rush him into starting. And Moses I think will be more of a passing down player for us than a starter. Kelly I am expecting will start for us at DE opposite Burgess, but Moses will come in on passing downs....

I figure our rotation on DL will look like

Running downs:
LE: Burgess
NT: Sands
UT: Sapp
RE: Kelly

Passing Downs:
DT: Brayton
DT: Sapp
RE: Moses

Of course Sapp wont be playing every down with his age and all which means sometimes Brayton will come in for him, probably mostly on running downs, as I expect we're gonna want Sapp on the field on passing downs. Other guys who I think could get into the rotation are Hawthorne and Huntley.

nobodyinparticular
08-14-2007, 01:21 AM
After seeing the first preseason game, I really hope that Mario Henderson gets the starts are RT. I just don't know that it will happen right away... He was so much better in pass protection than Cornell Green.

TheChampIsHere
08-14-2007, 01:41 AM
After seeing the first preseason game, I really hope that Mario Henderson gets the starts are RT. I just don't know that it will happen right away... He was so much better in pass protection than Cornell Green.

yea but Green is the better run blocker. Bottom line is we only have 1 quality OT on our roster (Sims) with Gallery being moved to OG, and I personally think he's a bum. But over his career, LT has proved to be the one position he is servicable at. I figure Sims will be gone soon and Henderson takes over that spot, but I dont see any type of long term answers at RT, we really are gonna need to adress that in the coming offseason.

TheChampIsHere
08-14-2007, 02:01 AM
For the Bucs I see Arron Sears as the only Day 1 starter with Tanard Jackson, Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli all being worked into the mix by the end of the season.

who would start over Gaines Adams? I was under the impression that them cutting Rice meant they were handing the job to Adams. Even if the depth chart doesnt say so now, can you really see the Bucs starting Chukwarah or Kevin Carter over Adams? And how long could they really do that for. They didnt take him number 4 to make him a situational pass-rusher I dont think.

Addict
08-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Calvin Johnson.

without a doubt. other than him there's no rookie I can see starting this year... Maybe IAF on rushing downs or Rufus Alexander if the safeties dissapoint.

Dam8610
08-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Zach Miller should start 16 games for us. But I dont think Moses or Henderson starts. Unless Sims gets hurt or really screws up bad, neither of which I expect (hes always been servicable at LT and not injury-prone), Henderson will sit on the bench and learn for a year, hes very raw, they dont want to rush him into starting. And Moses I think will be more of a passing down player for us than a starter. Kelly I am expecting will start for us at DE opposite Burgess, but Moses will come in on passing downs....

I figure our rotation on DL will look like

Running downs:
NT: Sands
UT: Sapp
RE: Kelly

Passing Downs:
DT: Brayton
DT: Sapp
RE: Moses

Of course Sapp wont be playing every down with his age and all which means sometimes Brayton will come in for him, probably mostly on running downs, as I expect we're gonna want Sapp on the field on passing downs. Other guys who I think could get into the rotation are Hawthorne and Huntley.

Cut Sapp.

Caddy
08-14-2007, 03:18 AM
who would start over Gaines Adams? I was under the impression that them cutting Rice meant they were handing the job to Adams. Even if the depth chart doesnt say so now, can you really see the Bucs starting Chukwarah or Kevin Carter over Adams? And how long could they really do that for. They didnt take him number 4 to make him a situational pass-rusher I dont think.

The answer to that is yes. Gaines needs some time as a 3rd down passer before he starts. Chukwurah has been great in camp and Carter is a solid vet. Either of them can and probably will legitimately start at RE for several weeks into the season. Adams will be worked into the line-up.

Modano
08-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Are John Beason and Paul Poz gonna start for their teams?

jkpigskin
08-14-2007, 06:26 AM
for the ravens, i see ben grubbs being the only starter

by the end of the year, the list might grow to antwan barnes and maybe FB Leron McClain

T-RICH49
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
For the Chiefs

Bowe, Medlok McBride(first 2 games anyway while Allen is out) and possibly "Tank"Tyler

nobodyinparticular
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Cut Sapp.

You wish. You're not getting him. :P

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Are John Beason and Paul Poz gonna start for their teams?

As long as they don't get hurt. I think Beason is gonna have a big rookie year in Carolina...100-120 tackles.

Modano
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
As long as they don't get hurt. I think Beason is gonna have a big rookie year in Carolina...100-120 tackles.

I expect bigger things from Poz. Imo is a great fit for their system as a MIKE and he could put very good numbers. I expect him to be the favorite for the DROTY race.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-14-2007, 08:06 PM
yea but Green is the better run blocker. Bottom line is we only have 1 quality OT on our roster (Sims) with Gallery being moved to OG, and I personally think he's a bum. But over his career, LT has proved to be the one position he is servicable at. I figure Sims will be gone soon and Henderson takes over that spot, but I dont see any type of long term answers at RT, we really are gonna need to adress that in the coming offseason.
If they wanted him at LT they would have him playing at LT.Instead they have him RT.And if we want him to develop into a LT we should just start him at RT.We did that with Gallery his first year and he did well there.

no love
08-15-2007, 03:15 AM
just like stl said, Willis has a legit shot at starting MLB early on. Staley might start at RT on opening day. Jason Hill has a good shot at #3 WR.

I think no chance Hill starts at #3. Just too much depth this year. MAN does that feel good to say!!!!

KCJ58
08-15-2007, 03:17 AM

yea i think Jon Beason will be the same as DeMeco Ryans was last year

holtfan92
08-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Defense:
Adam Carriker DT
John Wade CB haven't seen much of him so would like to see him play.

Offense:
Brian Leonard RB/FB hoping to see him play a lot this year

Finsfan79
08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Soliai NT will be in the rotation with Keith Traylor

The Punter and Center kids we picked up will "start"

BlindSite
08-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I expect bigger things from Poz. Imo is a great fit for their system as a MIKE and he could put very good numbers. I expect him to be the favorite for the DROTY race.

Beason has a better supporting cast around him. Look at Carolina's defensive line, far, far better than BUffalo.

ninerfan
08-18-2007, 08:54 PM
pencil in Brady Quinn - not solely on his play but on the play of the others

TimD
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I think David Harris has a really good chance at starting at ILB alongside J Vilma... Barton is good but Harris is having a great camp and pre-season plus he fits the ILB position better than Barton and would help Vilma avoid being blocked by huge guards...

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
pencil in Brady Quinn - not solely on his play but on the play of the others

Not a chance. Quinn is awesome, but he still hasn't learn the playbook, system, etc. Plus Romeo just doesn't seem to like him.

Eric Wright will probably start and Joe Thomas DEFINATELY will.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
For the Skins Laron Landry for sure as he has been getting all first team reps despite Williams not liking rookies to start immediately, he has been beastly. If Samuels is not back from his injury week 1 rookie Stephon Heyer will start. He has started both preseason games and has been amazing considering he is a rookie and undrafted, you would think he was a second round pick by his talent and performance so far, a huge steal. If there is an injury HB Blades could be starting for sure.

The Unseen
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
If Reggie Nelson's injury goes into the regular season, there's a chance Josh Gattis starts at FS. However, I don't think that would happen: second-year Jamaal Fudge may start instead, or Gerald Sensabaugh starts at FS and Sammy Knight at SS.

RyanLeaf#1
08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Not a chance. Quinn is awesome, but he still hasn't learn the playbook, system, etc. Plus Romeo just doesn't seem to like him.

Eric Wright will probably start and Joe Thomas DEFINATELY will.

I think there is enough time for Quinn to learn what he has to for him to be the opening day starter. Do I personally think he will start..NO... Should he? Absolutely. Being coached under Weis for 2 years is huge. Charlie Frye makes to many mistakes. Let Quinn get in there and get some experience and maybe win a few games for you.

Moses
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I think there is enough time for Quinn to learn what he has to for him to be the opening day starter. Do I personally think he will start..NO... Should he? Absolutely. Being coached under Weis for 2 years is huge. Charlie Frye makes to many mistakes. Let Quinn get in there and get some experience and maybe win a few games for you.

It generally takes a bit longer than a month to learn an NFL playbook. I would be extremely surprised if Quinn started any earlier than Week 6.

RyanLeaf#1
08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
It generally takes a bit longer than a month to learn an NFL playbook. I would be extremely surprised if Quinn started any earlier than Week 6.

I understand that. I just think Quinn right now gives them the best chance to win.

Moses
08-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I understand that. I just think Quinn right now gives them the best chance to win.

If you can only call 10 plays, your chances of winning are slim. Plus, rushing a QB into the starting position can hinder their development.

MasterShake
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Patrick Willis has moved into the 49ers starting line-up, like we all didn't see that coming.

That is all.

Brent
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Willis is now in Niners starting lineup. Staley is thisclose to passing up Harris for RT.

RyanLeaf#1
08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
If you can only call 10 plays, your chances of winning are slim. Plus, rushing a QB into the starting position can hinder their development.

Are you saying on September 9th that Brady Quinn will only be able to call 10 plays? I know your exagerating. You really think Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson deserve to play over him?

BrownsTown
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Are you saying on September 9th that Brady Quinn will only be able to call 10 plays? I know your exagerating. You really think Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson deserve to play over him?

They only gave him close to that number to run against the Lions.

RyanLeaf#1
08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
They only gave him close to that number to run against the Lions.

September 9th is 20 days away. But hey whatever I just think he should be the starter sooner then later.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Nobody for the eagles.

But TE Brent Celek is vying for some major playing time, along with DE Victor Abiamiri.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Tony Hunt could also see some playing time in short yardage situations. Barring injuries, I don't see any rookies getting any starts.

Average OT LB
08-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Tony Hunt could also see some playing time in short yardage situations. Barring injuries, I don't see any rookies getting any starts.

any rookies in the nfl? brandon jackson is starting week 1 for green bay

Shiver
08-22-2007, 12:09 AM
He's talking about the Eagles....

wogitalia
08-22-2007, 04:11 AM
The way McCauley has played in pre-season Ced Griffin better watch out or he will start.

Hopefully AD will start from day 1. Ditto for Rice. Both will be starters by years end. So will McCauley. Rest of our picks were depth based and will probably never start other than injuries.

Moses
08-22-2007, 07:51 AM
any rookies in the nfl? brandon jackson is starting week 1 for green bay

Maybe, maybe not.

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

Jackson will start Week 1 b/c Morency still isn't healthy and it may take him another 2 weeks to get healthy.

Moses
08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Jackson will start Week 1 b/c Morency still isn't healthy and it may take him another 2 weeks to get healthy.

Morency is expected to be ready for Week 1 and might even play the last preseason game...

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Morency is expected to be ready for Week 1 and might even play the last preseason game...

not according to WLUK last night

Moses
08-22-2007, 08:28 AM
not according to WLUK last night

Just read on packersnews.com that Morency should be ready for the first game and that McCarthy said he should be very close to ready for the 4th preseason game.

He was sprinting in practice after a teammate.

CC.SD
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
It's looking like Craig Davis, WR, is on the fast track to start now that Parker will be out til the bye week. He got the nod in the 2nd preseason game.

Weddle vs. Clinton Hart is a legitimate battle too, that's a possibility.

MasterShake
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Joe Staley has won the starting RT spot for the 49ers. He really has been stellar so far in both practice and the preseason games.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM
It was only a matter of time before hed start with Kwame Harris ahead of him.

MasterShake
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
It was only a matter of time before hed start with Kwame Harris ahead of him.

True to a degree, although Kwame isn't as bad as he is made out to be.

The O-line is really very nice now at every position with:

Jonas Jennings - Larry Allen - Eric Heitmann - Justin Smiley - Joe Staley

With solid depth at every position. Nolan turned this line from rags to riches in few years. We couldn't even field a starting unit when he arrived.

iloxygenil
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Starters for the Falcons:
Anderson
Blalock

Other than that...no one will have an official "starting" position.

Robinson and Houston will both have HUGE amounts of playing time and with our new offense you could consider Robinson a starter at the #3 WR position.
Trey Lewis will have a prominent role on defense as well.

zoinks
08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Titans' safety-turned-CB Michael Griffin has far exceed expectations in preseason, and is already a much better player than Pacman Jones was as a rookie. The kid is a grade-A playmaker.

Griffin will almost certainly be starting by midseason....and I wouldn't rule him out as a starter on opening day.

M.O.T.H.
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Cowboy's kicker, Nick Folk, has been amazing...w/ Gramatica nursing an injury, he has pretty much won the kicker job.