PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...

TimD
08-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Chris Perry? He was a Heisman canidate almost amassing 2,000 total yards his last year at Michigan and getting 19 rushing tds... i know he was the backup at cincy but what happened to him now? i mean with college numbers like those you would think he would have a pretty decent nfl career...

neko4
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
He's aa good backup and reciever out of the backfield, but keeps getting hurt

HoopsDemon12
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
His problem is he has been hurt... and he is behind a guy who has been a consistent runner for 3 or 4 years... that will keep you in the quite.. he is the third down runningback for them if im not mistaken though

GB12
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
He also hasn't had a chance to be a feature back with Johnson there.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2007, 10:35 PM
He is a MAJOR weapon for us when healthy, he's just never healthy. In '05 he was a big time threat out of the backfield for us but then he started the season on PUP last year then broke his leg 6 games later and should start the season the PUP this year as well.

He's a VERY good reciever out of the backfield, he hasn't run much in our offense.

In '05 he had 51 receptions for 328 yards and had two long ones that were called back.

08-10-2007, 10:51 PM
It's kind of like what happened to Larry Johnson when he was drafted. He had Holmes in his way, but he got injured and LJ got all the Carries and so on and so forth.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2007, 11:22 PM
It's not really because of Rudi that he hasn't done much, purely injuries.

Marvin actually prefers a 2 back system it's just that the last few years Perry can't stay healthy so he drafted Irons and then bam he gets hurt. The offense loves having him out there because it opens it up even more (he's sort of like a TE in our offense at times in terms of where he gets the ball at and how he's used in the passing game).

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Chris Perry is the Dan Cody of the Bengals.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Chris Perry is the Dan Cody of the Bengals.

Haha, QFT.

Well, Perry is actually like an ironman compared to Cody... That's pretty bad.

BigDawg819
08-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Haha, QFT.

Well, Perry is actually like an ironman compared to Cody... That's pretty bad.

Every year I have high hopes for Cody and every year he gets hurt. A piece of me dies every year come training camp when that news is released.

Vikes99ej
08-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Is Perry actually going to play this year?

Damix
08-11-2007, 12:05 PM
If he was healthy I was hoping the Giants could pick him up in a trade. Thought he would be the perfect compliment to Jacobs

Staubach12
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
It really is a LJ-type situation. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity to show what he can do sometime.

PalmerToCJ
08-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Is Perry actually going to play this year?

When he's healthy, yes. He'll probably start out on the PUP and they'll ease him back in when he's completely ready. Honestly, I'm not counting on him being healthy at all, which is unfortunate.

People keep saying it's a LJ situation but it's really not. In '05 when he was healthy for a better part of the year he had 51 rushes and 61 catches, the PT is there for him if he's healthy. We actually need him regardless of Rudi's health, a 2 back system really helps our offense.

TheChampIsHere
08-12-2007, 09:43 PM
well he might become an important player this year. The Bengals drafted Irons cuz they thought Rudi was wearing down and not offering enough explosion and didnt think they could count on Perry to bring that based on what he had done so far (mostly get injured)...but with Irons back to the season, Perry once again has a chance to play a major role and if he can stay healthy hes got a great opportunity in front of him. Could he be one of this years breakout players? I could see it

Addict
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
It really is a LJ-type situation. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity to show what he can do sometime.

except johnson can acutally remain healthy

yourfavestoner
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
It's kind of like what happened to Larry Johnson when he was drafted. He had Holmes in his way, but he got injured and LJ got all the Carries and so on and so forth.

Actually, it's not like that at all.

It's called reading comprehension. Try to improve your's.