PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Thread

SeanTaylorRIP
08-11-2007, 08:47 PM
So far in the first half, the O-line has been crap. Stephon Heyer who I am a big fan of has struggled, Ladell was slow as hell and sucked crap but the O-line didn't help him. I like what I see from Derrick Blaylock. Jason needs to work on holding on to the ball but all night the protection has been crap but he has shown to make some legit big time player throws, I like what I see. Santana looks to have a big year but where is Lloyd? I heard he gained some weight. Hopefully in the regular season Cooley is involved more. On defense London Fletcher has been an animal. A tackling machine all over he is a man beast. Rocky has shown his speed and agility making some plays. None of the corners have been good or bad, Smoot got beat one play but atleast he kept the play in front of him. Sean Taylor had limited time so didn't see much from him, but he didn't make any mistakes and looks a lot quicker and leaner. Landry has been nice in run support but has yet to be challenged on the pass. He made a great hit on Collins on a blitz. Pearson made a nice hit too. On special teams Frost Bite has been punting well and his hit was amazing. Hopefully he can stay consistent because if he is, he can be a top tier punter in the League. Suisham we need to bring competition with him because he still blows. HB Blades has looked good on special teams.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Haha Greatest fluke win ever, love what I see from Marcus Mason and Byron Westbrook, also HB Blades under the tutelage of London Fletcher will be a pro bowler in 3 years, and how about Lorenzo Alexander give that man a job. Diving at the QB with no helmet and getting jacked by his own teammate Reed Doughty, give the man a job.

boisefan
08-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I saw some good things from our first string defence, but our O-line couldn't have been worse. Campbell couldn't really get going because he knew the O-line was having problems. Collins looked like an pro bowl QB on that last drive, going 5-5 for 52 or so yards, and helping the Skins score the only TD in the game. The backup defence didn't look bad either, so I believe the offence is the only problem after game 1.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Our defense has been amazing in the preseason no TD's given up yet, the loss was unfortunate though Brunell blows cow balls, sucks against 4th stringers. JC hopefully is alright and Marcus dislocated his elbow. Rocky was a man a beast, as was HB Blades, and #77 gave a nice pass rush as did Hickman.

skinzzfan25
08-19-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm really proud of the guys up front on the defense. The reason Rocky looked so good out there, and Lemar when 2nd string was in, is that they kept all of the line bunched up. The DTs did their job filling gaps, preventing a stray FB or linemen pulling and cracking our LBers. I saw that wayyyyy too many times last year.

Overall I'm really happy about the run defense so far, and the DBs were making great open field tackles. I think I only saw one missed tackle (first and second team), and it was by Fletcher of all people lol.

The pass rush has come on at times from the DT spot, but Carter/Daniels have been nonfactors. They're not getting sacks, but it seems every play the QB has a hand in his face.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm really proud of the guys up front on the defense. The reason Rocky looked so good out there, and Lemar when 2nd string was in, is that they kept all of the line bunched up. The DTs did their job filling gaps, preventing a stray FB or linemen pulling and cracking our LBers. I saw that wayyyyy too many times last year.

Overall I'm really happy about the run defense so far, and the DBs were making great open field tackles. I think I only saw one missed tackle (first and second team), and it was by Fletcher of all people lol.

The pass rush has come on at times from the DT spot, but Carter/Daniels have been nonfactors. They're not getting sacks, but it seems every play the QB has a hand in his face.

I like mildly what Carter has done, he gets a decent push every time and hustles every play. With his brute strength and great intelligence I just can't figure out why he can't get 10 sacks a year on a consistent basis and not just once. The DT's have been great but of course that all depends on staying healthy. What Rocky did show is that he is an absolute playmaker and has uncanny athletic ability. If Marcus Washington is out for a while I feel confident in Lemar, he is good at OLB not just MLB like last season.

703SKINS202
08-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Rocky Macintosh was all over the place last night he looked frickin amazing, very excited about that. Not a lot of people talk about the Fletcher signing but that guy is a beast and is gonna solidify our run defense, all we need is the d-line to stay healthy they looked good too.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Rocky Macintosh was all over the place last night he looked frickin amazing, very excited about that. Not a lot of people talk about the Fletcher signing but that guy is a beast and is gonna solidify our run defense, all we need is the d-line to stay healthy they looked good too.

Yes Fletcher is a tackling machine and plus he's training Blades to be a carbon copy of himself once he's gone. Blades is a tackling machine, and was really smooth in coverage compared to in college. Just gotta say Mark Brunell blows even against 5th stringers.

skinzzfan25
08-19-2007, 05:19 PM
The receivers didn't really help Mark much towards the end either. That one guy got offensive PI and then that drop. I don't like Brunell either, but we can't pin that on him.

Also just heard on NFLN, Schefter said that Marcus Washington should be out for two weeks with his elbow. No link, so take it for what it's worth. There's a Gibbs presser that just started and they will probably address this issue anyway.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2007, 09:39 AM
The receivers didn't really help Mark much towards the end either. That one guy got offensive PI and then that drop. I don't like Brunell either, but we can't pin that on him.

Also just heard on NFLN, Schefter said that Marcus Washington should be out for two weeks with his elbow. No link, so take it for what it's worth. There's a Gibbs presser that just started and they will probably address this issue anyway.

But he made some awful plays for a vet, like when the guy was wide open at the sideline for like a 10 yard gain and Brunell puts his whole body into the throw and throws high, awful throw.

critesy
08-26-2007, 12:01 AM
ommg, on sartz TD... that hit on boller was insane.

boisefan
08-26-2007, 11:45 AM
ouch, Boller took a huge hit on that INT. I liked Landry/Taylors efforts in the game, and after watching this game, i now realize we have great depth at LB. Overall I feel we played better than the other 2 games so far, and I was glad to see Todd control the offence so well, moving the ball against a very good D.