PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Player

badgerbacker
08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
The main reason I'm creating this thread is hopefully to hear from Scott to see if he's going to do a "breakout college player" this year. I really enjoyed seeing those in the past years and he's done pretty well at pegging breakout guys.

Anyway, since a thread has been started, who do you see as this year's college breakout player? Keep in mind this isn't just who you believe will have a good year, it's who will break onto the scene for the first time. So Ray Rice, Steve Slaton and all of those guys are out of the conversation because they have already broken out.

My personal pick is Marlon Lucky, RB from Nebraska. A pretty highly touted recruit coming out of high school, he's never really been the main ball carrier at Nebraska. If he gets a decent amount of carries this year, I see him putting up huge numbers.

neko4
08-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I can see Marlon, what about Mike Teal? Any possibility?
Scottyboy?

Brent
08-12-2007, 12:18 AM
mike goodson

draftguru151
08-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Graig Cooper, RB, Miami. He's splitting carries with James in practice. Should be the KR and PR, and will play WR as well. I'm really excited to see what he can do next year. Other than him a guy I really like is Andre Brown from NC State. Guy is a tank and I really think by the end of the season he can be the 2nd best RB in the country.

elway777
08-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I see Jonathan Stewart breaking out this season.

I still do not know why he committed to a spread offense program.

duckseason
08-12-2007, 01:27 AM
In the Pac-10, the guys who immediately come to mind are-

Jake Locker, QB Washington
Louis Holmes, DE Arizona (if he can stay out of trouble)
Reggie Carter, LB UCLA
Willie Tuitama, QB Arizona (Sonny Dykes new OC)
Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon

Nationally, I really like some of the guys already mentioned, and-

Ricky Sapp, DE Clemson
Chris Wells, RB Ohio St.
Antone Smith, RB FSU
Michael Johnson, DE GT
Tim Tebow, QB Florida

among others...

Jonny
08-12-2007, 01:40 AM
I can see Marlon, what about Mike Teal? Any possibility?
Scottyboy?

Teel will be ok, but I think at this time next year we will all be talking about Kenny Britt as a first round pick in 2009.

Same for Darius Heyward-Bey, who I'm really terrified of facing.

jbeans187
08-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Tashard Choice? A lot of people know him but he gets no respect. Goodson is a good pick as well. Patrick Turner? Vidal Hazelton? Darrius Heyward-Bey? DeMarco Murray? CJ Spiller? One of the UMiami LB's will make a name for themselves this year? A USC RB? I also like Erin Henderson from Maryland

jbeans187
08-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Teel will be ok, but I think at this time next year we will all be talking about Kenny Britt as a first round pick in 2009.

Same for Darius Heyward-Bey, who I'm really terrified of facing.

I like how we where both thinking Heyward-Bey at the same time, but i guess u beat me to it

duckseason
08-12-2007, 01:55 AM
I think a lot of us kinda felt that Heyward-Bey broke out against GT and Miami last year, but hey, I mentioned some guys that have had some big games too. I think there's too many guys to name.

Packers-Cardinals
08-12-2007, 02:20 AM
I see Jonathan Stewart breaking out this season.

I still do not know why he committed to a spread offense program.

What other schools were recruiting him?

Zyro_1014
08-12-2007, 02:28 AM

every school you can think of. he couldve went to SC. he had the best High School Combine like ever. 5'11" 230 4.3 40 benched like 450 pounds and had like a 45 inch vert or somethin crazy like that

duckseason
08-12-2007, 02:38 AM
SC, WSU, every other Pac-10 school, tOSU, FSU, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Duke, can't remember the others. In the end he said it came down to WSU and Oregon.

Gchu83
08-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Brian Orakpo DE Texas

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
ok idk what Jonny is talking about with Teel, who will break out this year, but isnt much of a pro prospect.(but he is a winner) but he is right with Britt who is an amazing talent and will explode on the scene this year. My sleeper pick with break out player for Rutgers is Jason McCourty CB. he's got good hands and with teams staying out of the middle b/c of Greene and Girault in the middle. Also, DE Jamal Westerman should continue his very sold career, especially rushing the passer. Rutgers defense is loaded, with the exception of MLB.

Michigan
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
lawrence wilson

Jonny
08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Most people think Teel is terrible, he really isn't. He's an ok late-round prospect with the potential to go higher, mainly because he's tall and has a big arm.

It's hard to call players like McCourty, Blaze, Tverdov, or Malast breakout guys. They're stepping up on the team into prominent roles, but are they going to emerge on the national stage like Britt will? Not likely.

Green Bay Scat
08-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Jonathan Goff (LB) Vandy. Showed up lighter and quicker and is up for some preseason awards. If Vandy can at least get to a bowl, i think his stock will go way up, a technician out their on the field.

Also Chris Williams (LT) Vandy, After giving up a sack to Lamar Woodley in the first game, didnt give up another the entire season in the tough sec. Has Size(6'7" 315lbs) and quick feet, should rise into late first early second with a great season.

08-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Patrick Turner. He's gonna be an All-American.

OhioState
08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Marcus Freeman, i am really high on this guy because of his coverage ability but i think this year he will show he can blitz and play the run as well.

themaninblack
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
matthew stafford is due and i think knowshon moreno is gonna have a big year even though he will see limited carries due to kregg lumpkin and thomas brown.

KCJ58
08-12-2007, 06:51 PM

ill agree with that also Kevin Ellison or Brian Crushing could do it as well

also dont forget that Corner from CU Terrence Wheatley ;)

TH3
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
DeMarco,Murray - Running Back University of Oklahoma

YAYareaRB
08-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Kirby Freeman.

elway777
08-12-2007, 10:28 PM

David "The Great Oz" Ausberry has more potential then any player on SC's roster. He's 6-5 235 and has 4.5 speed.

ncstateviking
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
andre brown. nc state