PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards

neko4
08-12-2007, 12:36 AM
QB Appalchain State
Does he have real pro potential? He's just a Sophmore, but he rushed for 1000yds last year and IMO, he is the best I-AA QB since McNair, though he maybe switched to WR.

YAYareaRB
08-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Although he plays in I-AA he's putting up Crazy NUMBERS! 2,000+ yards throwing 1000+ rushing is absolutely beastly.. He might be a little short standing at 6'0". I'd give him a shot at QB if I were to draft him.

myinnerself
08-12-2007, 01:09 AM
I think he isn't as good of a pure quarterback as Josh Johnson from San Diego. So I don't even think he is the best CURRENT IAA QB prospect. Josh is really really good.

Brent
08-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Armanti is like 6 foot and at best 190 lbs. He needs to put on some weight. Other than that, I loved watching him in the 1AA playoffs last year.

TitanHope
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I was at the 1-AA National Championship Game, and I was impressed with Edwards. He just about won that game for App State. But right now, he's just a great athletic prospect. After his junior season, though, he may be on a whole 'nother level.

Also, since we're talking about App State. There is/was a DB on the team with the last name Lynch who was all over the place on defense. A complete ball hawk in that game. Is he by chance related to John Lynch?

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Is Grand Valley State D2 or I-AA?

Because if they are I-AA then Cullen Finnerty was definitely a more pro-ready QB than Armanti.

I'm still mad we didn't sign him.

neko4
08-13-2007, 09:10 AM
I believe they are D2, but its easy to say Armanti isnt pro ready because he's only a soph

gator3guy
08-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I remember watching the National Championship game and saying this kid is lucky to be 160 pounds. Definitely needs to bulk up to get a serious look. But its way too early to tell how a D1AA sophomore will translate to the NFL.

TitanHope
09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what people think of Edwards now? ;)

gator3guy
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
you know, i meant to say something earlier about him but got distracted and that was: we'll see how he plays against D1A teams and from the looks of the highlights it looked like he played well. I believe he threw 2 INTs tho so thats not too great but this game will certainly help his stock for the rest of his career. Just a huge upset.

neko4
09-01-2007, 03:43 PM
hes only a sophmore, he'll get better

Tampa 2 4 life
09-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I think he'd get a chance as a day two project. I also don't think he'd get moved to WR because he's accurate and has decent enough arm strength to be a career backup.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok let me get this straight. He leads his team to a victory against Michigan and now he's all of a sudden a surefire NFL prospect despite being smaller than half of the kickers in the NFL. Just making sure I got it right

Race for the Heisman
09-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Ok let me get this straight. He leads his team to a victory against Michigan and now he's all of a sudden a surefire NFL prospect despite being smaller than half of the kickers in the NFL. Just making sure I got it right

Chance as at a day two project, as the poster before you intimated, is hardly a lock as an NFL prospect. He did exist before today you know, and it's not like he never won the D1-AA National Championship last year.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Chance as at a day two project, as the poster before you intimated, is hardly a lock as an NFL prospect. He did exist before today you know, and it's not like he never won the D1-AA National Championship last year.

It was a result of great coaching and incredible team play. Edwards will be another addition to the very long line of outstanding college players that just dn't have the size to play in the NFL

ChiFan24
09-01-2007, 07:02 PM
QB Appalchain State
Does he have real pro potential? He's just a Sophmore, but he rushed for 1000yds last year and IMO, he is the best I-AA QB since McNair, though he maybe switched to WR.

What other IAA QBs have you seen?

Armanti played great, but you can't base his NFL future on one game (albeit a big one). Nothing about him really screams top NFL prospect to me - he doesn't have a cannon arm, and it's not consistently accurate either. His mechanics were awful, at times. He's undersized. On the plus side, he's mobile, he read the defense well (besides the Trent INT), and he did a great job of managing his offense. He seems to have a real nice feel for the game. I guess we'll have to see where he is in 2010 when he comes out, but I don't see him as more than a late second day prospect.

neko4
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=ChiFan24;590593]What other IAA QBs have you seen?

Armanti played great, but you can't base his NFL future on one game (albeit a big one). QUOTE]

I made this thread long before the Michigan game

ChiFan24
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I realize that. What I mean to ask is what other opportunity have you had to see him? Have any other ASU games been televised?

neko4
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I realize that. What I mean to ask is what other opportunity have you had to see him? Have any other ASU games been televised?

The I-AA playoffs on ESPN2

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I hate him...with a passion.....May he rot in hell.

P-L
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Is Grand Valley State D2 or I-AA?

Because if they are I-AA then Cullen Finnerty was definitely a more pro-ready QB than Armanti.

I'm still mad we didn't sign him.

Grand Valley is D2. But I'd expect they eventually make the move to D1-AA.

ncst8fan83
09-02-2007, 01:09 AM
i think detroit should draft him as a WR :)

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 01:09 AM

YAYareaRB said he'd draft him, and Tampa 2 4 Life stated that he'd possibly make a second day project pick. So, yeah you're correct if you believe that 2 posters opinions have made him a "surefire" NFL prospect. The main point of this thread was to get people's opinions on him, and most have been people pointing out his flaws. Anyway, nice job with the sarcasm. It's extremely contributive to this thread.

As far as a NFL prospect is concerned, the only comparison that I can think of for Armanti is Seneca Wallace. Seneca is 5'11 and is listed at 205. Edwards is definitely a 2nd day pick, as well, and like Seneca, a career backup. Even if he wins 3 more 1-AA championships with App. State.

neko4
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM

YayArea's post was from 3 weeks ago, and ive been big on this dude since last year

schmiddog
09-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Although he plays in I-AA he's putting up Crazy NUMBERS! 2,000+ yards throwing 1000+ rushing is absolutely beastly.. He might be a little short standing at 6'0". I'd give him a shot at QB if I were to draft him.

No shot this guy can play QB at the next level. His arm is pretty poor and he's very undersized. With that said, I think he's got a shot to have a career at the next level-he's exceptionally quick and pretty electric with the ball in his hands. I would take a Day 2 stab at him and see if I could work him in as a situational role player on offense and give him a crack at return duties.

neko4
09-02-2007, 02:00 AM
No shot this guy can play QB at the next level. His arm is pretty poor and he's very undersized. With that said, I think he's got a shot to have a career at the next level-he's exceptionally quick and pretty electric with the ball in his hands. I would take a Day 2 stab at him and see if I could work him in as a situational role player on offense and give him a crack at return duties.

Once again he's a sophmore

schmiddog
09-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Once again he's a sophmore

And...?

What's he going to do in the meantime? Grow 2-3 inches and put on 25 lbs. of muscle while maintaining the same speed and gaining a ton of arm strength? I don't really think so. Like I said, though, he's a an impressive athlete and I think he definitely has a shot in the league, just not at QB

dabears10
09-02-2007, 11:50 AM
And...?

What's he going to do in the meantime? Grow 2-3 inches and put on 25 lbs. of muscle while maintaining the same speed and gaining a ton of arm strength? I don't really think so. Like I said, though, he's a an impressive athlete and I think he definitely has a shot in the league, just not at QB

He probably could put on 25 lbs without losing his speed, and while he could not gain a lot of arm strength he certainly could get alot more accurate. Everything going right for him, I could see him being a good career back-up.

schmiddog
09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
He probably could put on 25 lbs without losing his speed, and while he could not gain a lot of arm strength he certainly could get alot more accurate. Everything going right for him, I could see him being a good career back-up.

Pie in the sky.

This guy is definitely going to have to switch positions, and I think he's got a legitimate shot to make it if he does.

JETS5128
09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Pie in the sky.

This guy is definitely going to have to switch positions, and I think he's got a legitimate shot to make it if he does.

You can't definetly say anything about a guy who has 3 seasons left to prove himself

soybean
09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Im almost convinced that armanti edwards is clinically re tarded. Watching the espn interview of him, i really wonder how hard college really is to get into.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Im almost convinced that armanti edwards is clinically re tarded. Watching the espn interview of him, i really wonder how hard college really is to get into.

Its a lower end state school in North carolina. That answer your question

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-03-2007, 07:21 PM

College is a lot easier to get into when you have amazing god-given athletic ability.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Hello homeless man's Mike Vick

neko4
09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
And...?

I dont expect him to get taller, and the 6 foot QB can do it, Vick did it, Brees did it. He can improve his arm though