PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Trade

Jelephant87
08-12-2007, 07:25 AM
I recently held my league's draft and a couple hours afterwards somebody offered me this trade: Brian Westbrook and Marc Bulger for Steven Jackson. I would be getting Westbrook and Bulger. Normally I'm not for trading 1 really good player for 2 or 3 but this is tempting because my QBs are Roethlisberger/Grossman.

Bills2083
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I'd do it. Just make sure your two starting RBs don't have the same bye week.

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 09:40 AM
With your QB situation, it would help your team a lot to make this trade. Westbrook is going to have a big year. (not as big as Jackson though, but still, do it)

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I'd take the chance. Bulger puts up good numbers every year and Westbrook will be the Eagles offense this season

alca1992
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
id do it but post it the other thread plaease

duckseason
08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Don't do it. Keep the superstar. Ride him to a championship. Roethlisberger could potentially have a better year than Bulger anyway. Especially considering how the new look Steelers seem to love to go vertical. You don't need a ton of depth at QB. The bottom line is that the downgrade at RB is greater than that at QB. You can only start 1 QB per week, right? Also, who are his other QB's? If you pull the trigger on this, you might be handing the Championship to your opponent. Jackson is the player to have this year. Don't give him up for nothin.

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Westbrook is a top 7 RB, it's not that big of a downgrade. And Roethlisberger is shaky at best as a starter. He has never put up good fantasy number's before, why should he start now?

duckseason
08-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Westbrook is a top 7 RB, it's not that big of a downgrade. And Roethlisberger is shaky at best as a starter. He has never put up good fantasy number's before, why should he start now?

Well, it's up for debate whether or not Westbrook projects as a top 7 back this year. I can think of 7 guys I'd rather have, but that's just me. Those who draft based solely off the past usually aren't successful. Bottom line is that Steven Jackson is the man this year, and it's just not a big enough upgrade at QB (imo) to give him up. I think Roethlisberger will have a much better statistical year this year than last for many reasons. Barring injury, he should be quite successful. I think having what could possibly be the best player in fantasy this year far outweighs what he's getting in return. Like I said, you can only start one QB. If you go off last years stats, then I might consider pulling the trigger. But, I expect big statistical improvement form Roethlisberger. So, imo, this is a no-brainer. The kid offering the trade reminds me of myself. I always try to peel superstars by offering up multiples. Superstars win championships in fantasy. It's not hard to find a QB if your starter falters or gets injured. People don't usually give up guys like LT and Jackson. And there's good reason for that.

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
IMO RB's can be sorted into groups in fantasy. Group #1: LT, Group #2: Jackson, Gore, Johnson, Alexander, Addai, Westbrook, and then the groups go on and on, but I'd say that's how it starts.

I see this trade as a superstar for a bit less of a superstar and significant help elsewhere. Bulger being a top 5 QB, I think it's worth it to lose the better player in the deal. So basically we could keep arguing over how big of a gap there is between Roethlisberger and Bulger, as well as Westbrook and Jackson, but it's pretty pointless. But it is 4 against 1.

Btw, your sig is awesome.

TimD
08-12-2007, 08:57 PM
i have peyton... someone proposed me brian westbrook and larry fitz for peyton... my rbs are modrejones, edge, leon washington, marion barber, nd caddy... my wrs are coles, andre johnson, joey galloway... and my only other qb is mcnair... should i?

EDIT: oops wrong thread

BuckNaked
08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
i have peyton... someone proposed me brian westbrook and larry fitz for peyton... my rbs are modrejones, edge, leon washington, marion barber, nd caddy... my wrs are coles, andre johnson, joey galloway... and my only other qb is mcnair... should i?

No you should not

neko4
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
we have a thread for this stuff

duckseason
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
IMO RB's can be sorted into groups in fantasy. Group #1: LT, Group #2: Jackson, Gore, Johnson, Alexander, Addai, Westbrook, and then the groups go on and on, but I'd say that's how it starts.

I see this trade as a superstar for a bit less of a superstar and significant help elsewhere. Bulger being a top 5 QB, I think it's worth it to lose the better player in the deal. So basically we could keep arguing over how big of a gap there is between Roethlisberger and Bulger, as well as Westbrook and Jackson, but it's pretty pointless. But it is 4 against 1.

Btw, your sig is awesome.

Yeah, I agree it's a pointless argument. It just comes down to whose opinion is more accurate, and at this point we don't know the answer to that. Some of us are higher on Roethlisberger this year than others. I personally hope he chokes on one of those Roethlis-Burgers, but I really think he's in for a big year. I think he and Santonio will connect for a lot of big plays and Heath Miller will be an excellent red-zone option. It just appears as though they're gonna open the offense up a bit more this year and I think Roethlisberger will thrive. Perhaps I'm underrating Bulger and Westbrook a bit, but I just don't feel confident that either will do any better than last year. I think the Eagles were kinda forced to rely heavily on Westbrook last year when maybe they'd rather not. But I could be wrong. I just fear that last years career season from him may have been an aberration. In other words, I just feel he's more of a risk than some of the other top backs. He has a pretty extensive injury history as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his and I think he really is one of the most talented backs in the league. But I just look at fantasy football like I would the stock market. I think Roethlisberger's stock is on the rise this year, and all Jackson needs to do is hold steady. I don't have as much confidence in the other two guys for whatever reason. Bulger is tempting if you think he'll put up similar numbers to last year. But I'm projecting Ben to match or exceed that 24 TD total, and likely add a few more on the ground. I think it's obvious that Jackson will post far superior stats to Westbrook. If this were a 2QB league, then I'd say pull the trigger. As it is, you gotta keep the super stud and bank on Roethlisberger keeping up with Bulger. I think that's realistic and even likely. A stud RB is much more valuable than a semi-stud QB. But I guess it all comes down to where we rate these 4 guys, and how valuable you think an extra QB is. Unless Jackson falters big this year, I don't see him regretting a rejection of this trade. But yeah, it's all just a big IMO with this one. I think I'm using sound logic though.