PDA

View Full Version : Jamar Adams

mpt117
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
i keep on thinking that Adams will end up like the last Michigan safety prospect Ernest Shazor. they were/are both rated high in the safety rankings and considered one of the best safeties in the country during their respected year but we all know what happened to Shazor. I have read a lot that Adams isnt as good as people think he is and he could be slower as well which was where Shazor had a problem as well. so what do you guys think and do you think Adams will end up like Shazor or not?

goblue8888
08-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Adams is a good college safety and if i had to guess he is a 4.55 guy. I see him as a third or fourth rounder.

Stufazz
08-12-2007, 11:33 AM
a good hitter and made a big improvement from the previous year and proved alot of critics wrong by solidifying his starting position by making plays. he has the hieght and range to be a playmaker. Is strong against the run and is a smart player. needs to improve and make more plays against the pass

Michigan
08-12-2007, 03:41 PM
i can guarantee that adams is 100x the player shazor ever was (how shazor was an all-american is beyond me). adams can actually make some plays against the pass and is a fluid athlete. he's also a big hitter. his average speed and coverage abilities will drop him to the mid rounds, but he's certainly no shazor (couldn't cover charlie weis). i still wonder why shazor didn't want to be switched to linebacker in the nfl...

foozball
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
he's rated high because he plays for a great team that had a great defense. his measurables and tools are average. personally, i think he's overrated as the 6th best safety on this site.

Sniper
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Adams takes really bad angles at times, which is a definite area where improvement is needed. He's big though, and makes plays. His coverage also needs work but like Michigan said, he's a much better prospect than Shazor.