PDA

View Full Version : My New Apartment

sweetness34
08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Just moved in today, first night tonight. Well actually we had a little party last night, played some drinking games to "break it in" haha but just got everything moved in today.

Freakin' awesome, our apat is brand new and it's really nice. Rooming with my teammate. Only problem is our laundry door is busted (the outside door, not the actual door on the washer/dryer), my toilet is all jacked up and won't stop running after I flush so I have to pull up the buoey to make it stop haha...But the rest of it is sweet as hell. Our place is about 200 yards from school and just down the street from our practice field.

It came with washer/dryer, microwave, dishwasher, couches, coffee tables, fridge, dressers, high speed internet, and cable TV. Fully furnished. And we have some hott girls over in our complex (they're athletes). Prospects are looking good right now. ;)

I know HD and NickBam are in town so they'll have to stop on by sometime but anyone else here in college and living in an apat?

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-12-2007, 02:42 PM
What happened to your old roomate.Didnt you say she was good looking.
Oh congrats on the new apartment.

Hurricane Ditka
08-12-2007, 02:47 PM
That sounds pretty cool. I move into Wright on Wednesday.

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 03:16 PM
sweet action.. still in hs i always dream about having my own apt.. be sooo awesome that place would be bumpin

DChess
08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
what school do you go to

gbpackers0065
08-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I had my own apartment for 5 years when I was at school in NC, it's gonna be tons of fun. Just don't get caught with alcohol. :P

PS: Having your own apartment in the real world is no fun. :(

soybean
08-12-2007, 04:17 PM
post pictures.

roughrider30
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Ill be totally moved in an apartment on wednesday with a couple buddies from school into a 3 bedroom. The thing that sucks is I just called about cable and internet and they wont be able to come until the 27th!!

so theres going to be a lot of drinking and madden being played in those couple weeks :D. Im Pumped!!!

Smokey Joe
08-12-2007, 04:43 PM
sweetness... what year are you?

Moses
08-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I live in a townhouse with four other guys. Our move-in date is September.

We found out who are neighbours (the people living in the other side of the house) are because they created a Facebook group about their house. It's a group of 4 or 5 women. Unfortunately, they are possibly the most hideous women in the entire school. :(

The house is typical student-housing. Tiny kitchen and no other common area other than the basement which is going to be our main hangout. Very cramped and I don't know a couple of my roommates very well so we'll see how it goes.

After university I'll likely move into a condo. I've already looked a few just out of interest and I think I would adapt well to the lifestyle.

Here's a sweet one I could afford out of school:

http://www.tridel.com/accolade/p1/1a1_floor.gif

In this building: http://www.tridel.com/accolade/

DChess
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM
i dont even bother thinking of that stuff, 3 more years, then my masters, its a long ways away

duckseason
08-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm now open for wagers on whether or not Moses will bang one of the 5 fatties by October 15th. Odds are currently at 3 to 5 that he will. 1.5 to 1 that he'll bang 3 of the 5 by the end of the calendar year, and 4 to 1 that he'll have 2 of them at once by Halloween.

Moses
08-12-2007, 05:47 PM
i dont even bother thinking of that stuff, 3 more years, then my masters, its a long ways away

True, but I like looking at stuff like that. Keeps me motivated to stay in school and earn some dollars.

I want to get my Master's right after I finish my undergrad but I doubt I'll be able to since MBAs require 2+ years of experience (at the bare minimum) at any respectable schools.

DChess
08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm now open for wagers on whether or not Moses will bang one of the 5 fatties by October 15th. Odds are currently at 3 to 5 that he will. 1.5 to 1 that he'll bang 3 of the 5 by the end of the calendar year, and 4 to 1 that he'll have 2 of them at once by Halloween.

ill put 50 on second weekend. his friends will be scoring poon and he'll get desperate..........they all get desperate

DChess
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM
True, but I like looking at stuff like that. Keeps me motivated to stay in school and earn some dollars.

I want to get my Master's right after I finish my undergrad but I doubt I'll be able to since MBAs require 2+ years of experience (at the bare minimum) at any respectable schools.

im prally going to stay at home for a year, and try to pay back my loans. going to shchool out of state takes a hit to the bank

Moses
08-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Can I bet on this? I'd bag one of those dirties for a three-digit profit. ;)

http://i16.tinypic.com/4pv2jrm.jpg

On second thought...

Moses
08-12-2007, 05:58 PM
im prally going to stay at home for a year, and try to pay back my loans. going to shchool out of state takes a hit to the bank

I'm going to graduate debt-free unless I take some unexpected expenses. Gotta love Canada for the price of education. I'm only dropping something like $5,000/year in tuition. Everything included, I'll probably spend $12,000-$15,000 per year. Not bad when compared to the cost of schools in America. Then again, I'm going to end up paying back the difference in taxes eventually anyway.

Does America have interest-free student loans like Canada or are you taking another big hit there too?

duckseason
08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Can I bet on this? I'd bag one of those dirties for a three-digit profit. ;)On second thought...
LMAO. You would, too. Dude that honestly sent a shiver down my spine when I pictured in my head whether or not I'd hit that. I pictured her laying on the bed with that look on her face and then I wondered what the other parts looked like. That's some hard earned money there, moses. I think you'd deserve it if you went through with that. In this situation, I'd let you pull a Pete Rose and bet on the home team.

DChess
08-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm going to graduate debt-free unless I take some unexpected expenses. Gotta love Canada for the price of education. I'm only dropping something like $5,000/year in tuition. Everything included, I'll probably spend $12,000-$15,000 per year. Not bad when compared to the cost of schools in America. Then again, I'm going to end up paying back the difference in taxes eventually anyway.

Does America have interest-free student loans like Canada or are you taking another big hit there too?

another hit

gbpackers0065
08-12-2007, 07:43 PM

What's Your Major?

Also, debt is a ***** i got a substantial scholarship for undergrad but, it'll probably be a year or two until i pay off law school. Getting my car was really hard because my credit pretty bad.

AlexDown
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I live in a house with 4 of my friends at Michigan. I was lucky enough to get the best location / new furnishing. My friend's dad knows the real estate agent in that area and held the house off the market for an entire year because he knew we would want it.

badgerbacker
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I move into my apartment in Madison on the 25th. I'm definitely excited to be getting out of my parents house...I've been about ready to snap after being around them all summer.

Brent
08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know how common this is in other college towns but at my apartment complex I don't have to pay any bills. No electric, water, garbage, and etc., it's pretty sweet. Plus we have covered parking. Surprisingly it's not the most expensive place in town.

bernbabybern820
08-12-2007, 09:30 PM

X2. My sis goes to NYU. Say bye to 40k a year.

Moses
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
X2. My sis goes to NYU. Say bye to 40k a year.

How do Americans afford that? Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.

sweetness34
08-13-2007, 12:04 AM
1) That thing with the girl fell through. Plus I wanted to save my money for this apartment. She's now dating one of my best friends, haha.

2) I'm a Sophomore at Heartland Community College, playing soccer here for one season then transferring up to Columbia College in Chicago.

My roommate is gonna hold back on the drinking during the season (we'll see how long that lasts) so we probably won't start hosting parties for a while, and if we do have people over it'll be small stuff. I'm not a huge drinker, so that won't be a problem for me for now, but I imagine things will pick up pretty quick.

Brent
08-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.
Typically, at schools like that it's the mother and father's money, scholarship or grant money. However, you would be surprised how many banks give out loans to pay for that much tuition.

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
yea my parents pay for mine---tuition, my house, books, and food money (dont have off campus meal plan)

theres also financial aid and grants----i dont know anything about that stuff; i let my parents take care of that

anything else---gas, video games, pay per views, spending money--parties, clubs, etc is on me

familyguy555
08-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Sweetness post pics if you can.

Cashmoney
08-13-2007, 12:29 AM
I live in a house with 4 other dudes. It's pretty sweet cause we're about a mile from campus, and there's a decent gas station/qwiki mart across the street from our neighborhood. The guys that work there are pretty cool but i swear they are running a drug ring and/or gambling ring in the back. There's also quite a few hotties that live by us.

DChess
08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
What's Your Major?

Also, debt is a ***** i got a substantial scholarship for undergrad but, it'll probably be a year or two until i pay off law school. Getting my car was really hard because my credit pretty bad.

sport managment but i kinda regret getting into it because the cost of school is so high and alot of the jobs you get for sport management dont pay too much. but i have some good connections, and ill be looking to get into a intership next summer. networking is your biggest tool.

draftguru151
08-13-2007, 12:53 AM
How do Americans afford that? Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.

Like someone else mentioned, it's either your parents pay for a lot of it (if not all of it) or you get scholarships. My sister went to UM (42,000) and got about 25 a year from scholarships and then got either loans or worked study. My brother's at Vanderbilt (43,000?) and he's gotten everything paid for since he's been there (actually getting $50,000) this year.

I'm moving into my apartment on Friday. Pretty excited, pretty much the same thing that Sweetness has (fully furnished, etc).

Also about the interest free student loans it's need based at UCF, so yes some places do have interest free loans, until you get out of school.

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 01:14 AM
correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix? i know here at wvu, its a lottery type thing, you submit your name on monday, and they let you know wednesday if you get a ticket (its all done online); there loyalty points---like freshman start out at 0, soph 1, etc; and for every fball game and bball game you go to you get a point, and thats how many chances you get; im a soph and got tix to every game last year

and theres no athletic fee in tution, so its free to go to the game; i wish it was first come first serve

the only good thing is if i dont get tix, my dad has season tix, so i get one if i dont get a student ticket

TitleTown088
08-13-2007, 01:20 AM
No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.

The federal government will gladly lend it to ya.

Anyways, apartments, duplexes, and townhouses suck for college. A real house is the way to go with a couple other people is the way to go. With that being said , I'll be living in an apartment in Rome a mile away from the Vatican in two weeks. I'm pretty excited to see some Italian girls.

DChess
08-13-2007, 01:24 AM
correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix? i know here at wvu, its a lottery type thing, you submit your name on monday, and they let you know wednesday if you get a ticket (its all done online); there loyalty points---like freshman start out at 0, soph 1, etc; and for every fball game and bball game you go to you get a point, and thats how many chances you get; im a soph and got tix to every game last year

and theres no athletic fee in tution, so its free to go to the game; i wish it was first come first serve

the only good thing is if i dont get tix, my dad has season tix, so i get one if i dont get a student ticket

nice i go there too, im a sophmore also. i hope i get louisville/pitt tickets this year

Brent
08-13-2007, 01:29 AM
correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix?
We have to here, it's like $180 for just football and like $245 for all-sports.

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 01:33 AM
We have to here, it's like $180 for just football and like $245 for all-sports.

where you go?

dchess, whered you live last year? where you livin this year?

i lived in brooke tower, and this year my cousin and i have a townhouse about 1 mile from the stadium; its by the sheetz by the stadium

DChess
08-13-2007, 01:35 AM
where you go?

dchess, whered you live last year? where you livin this year?

i lived in brooke tower, and this year my cousin and i have a townhouse about 1 mile from the stadium; its by the sheetz by the stadium

im actually transferring, so i gotta live int he dorms. i got a single at boreman, pretty pumped about that. nice abt the townhouse, if you have a party, hit me up :)

oh and when you moving in

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 01:47 AM
my cousins moving in 2morrow; i already took my stuff down, but im goin to my aunts in fla, so either sat or sun

anyone can get served down there, if you didnt know; just watch out on gamedays, cuz they have undercovers, but they where shirts saying they are ABC--alcohol board of control

when you movin in? where you transferring from? if you got facebook, pm your link

DChess
08-13-2007, 01:48 AM
my cousins moving in 2morrow; i already took my stuff down, but im goin to my aunts in fla, so either sat or sun

anyone can get served down there, if you didnt know; just watch out on gamedays, cuz they have undercovers, but they where shirts saying they are ABC--alcohol board of control

when you movin in? if you got facebook, pm your link

ok cool, yeah ill do that. i heard bent willys is sweet

oh and im moving in friday at 8 :/

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 01:57 AM
yea i heard that too, except its 21 and over and i dont have a fake

DChess
08-13-2007, 02:00 AM
yea i heard that too, except its 21 and over and i dont have a fake

yeah i saw that. where do you go just 18 and over and they just normally serve

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
fins always serves---its a bar---its behind casa d'amici; its my favorite, cuz i dont really like dancing, and you can just sit and chill

club z and illusions are hit and miss--there clubs

chasers---hit and miss---dance floor in middle, then pool tables and seats in back

shooters---always serves; it sucks though; its an all freshman bar/club---went there once, hated it, will never go back; it will be crowed like 1st 2 wks though, cuz thats like the only place freshman know about

envy---never went there, cuz i dont know how to say this w/o offending some people, so its like where a lot of the under 21 fball players hang out, and im really not that type; thats prob the nicest way i can say it

dubvmenus.com---has all the specials for everyone

DChess
08-13-2007, 02:11 AM
fins always serves---its a bar---its behind casa d'amici; its my favorite, cuz i dont really like dancing, and you can just sit and chill

club z and illusions are hit and miss--there clubs

chasers---hit and miss---dance floor in middle, then pool tables and seats in back

shooters---always serves; it sucks though; its an all freshman bar/club---went there once, hated it, will never go back; it will be crowed like 1st 2 wks though, cuz thats like the only place freshman know about

envy---never went there, cuz i dont know how to say this w/o offending some people, so its like where a lot of the under 21 fball players hang out, and im really not that type; thats prob the nicest way i can say it

dubvmenus.com---has all the specials for everyone

sounds good, thanks for the info. hit me up once school starts.

soybean
08-13-2007, 02:19 AM
im actually transferring, so i gotta live int he dorms. i got a single at boreman, pretty pumped about that. nice abt the townhouse, if you have a party, hit me up :)

oh and when you moving in

why are you transferring from OSU?

DChess
08-13-2007, 02:19 AM
why are you transferring from OSU?

i ddint go to osu

soybean
08-13-2007, 02:25 AM
i ddint go to osu

oh. probably got you mixed up with JBOND lol.

gbpackers0065
08-13-2007, 03:53 PM
networking is your biggest tool.

You're right about that.

sweetness34
08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
My roommates girlfriend leaves for U of I on Sunday (thank god). She's cool as hell but she's basically living here right now, and it's getting really annoying. I graduated with her and she's a friend of mine but she really needs to go live at home, well because she's not paying rent here and whenever she's over my roommate closes his bedroom door and just stays with her, so they don't really socialize with me when she's over.

No "stories" yet but that'll change this weekend, some guy in our complex is having a kegger (4 kegs I believe he's getting) so that should be interesting. Hella people over on Saturday Night, and probably some will end up over at our place. (mostly girls) ;)

Brent
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
where you go?
look at my location...

sweetness34
08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok two stories from Tuesday Night;

1) This isn't really a "my apartment story" per say because it happened at a friends place but it's still funny as hell. So my teammate and I go over there, chill for a while (do what you usually do at parties)...Well it was about 12:30am and my buddy, me, and another friend decide to go for a walk around the apartment complexes we were at. Well while we were walking, the other guy noticed that we were near one of his buddy's apartments so we went in, said hi and left. As we were leaving the two guys I was with saw tiki torches in their yard, so they freakin' stole the torches and started running away, waving them in the air. And one of the guys took the torch and bashed the hell out of this windchime (not his) and ran away. And so we spent the next 15 minutes running around this complex yelling and waving the torches (it's was so much more funny intoxicated haha).

2) My buddy has his girlfriend over the same night of the "tiki torch" theft at our place which is right down the road from where we were at. My teammate stayed the night at our place because well, he was too drunk to drive home. The next morning my roommate comes into the kitchen and tells me that two girls got lost and came into our apartment, up the stairs and into our living room. Noticed they were in the wrong place, freaked out, and left. My buddy thought I'd brought home two girls, but he didn't even open his bedroom door to go out and see who was there. The girls were drunk and we think they're the ones who live right below us, but yea that would've been hilarious to see in person. Moral of the story though, we are locking our apartment from here on out, period. :D

I'll hopefully have some more after Friday and Saturday, and maybe some pics too...

Hurricane Ditka
08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Sweetness you know you want to invite me over.

roughrider30
08-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Ok two stories from Tuesday Night;

1) This isn't really a "my apartment story" per say because it happened at a friends place but it's still funny as hell. So my teammate and I go over there, chill for a while (do what you usually do at parties)...Well it was about 12:30am and my buddy, me, and another friend decide to go for a walk around the apartment complexes we were at. Well while we were walking, the other guy noticed that we were near one of his buddy's apartments so we went in, said hi and left. As we were leaving the two guys I was with saw tiki torches in their yard, so they freakin' stole the torches and started running away, waving them in the air. And one of the guys took the torch and bashed the hell out of this windchime (not his) and ran away. And so we spent the next 15 minutes running around this complex yelling and waving the torches (it's was so much more funny intoxicated haha).

2) My buddy has his girlfriend over the same night of the "tiki torch" theft at our place which is right down the road from where we were at. My teammate stayed the night at our place because well, he was too drunk to drive home. The next morning my roommate comes into the kitchen and tells me that two girls got lost and came into our apartment, up the stairs and into our living room. Noticed they were in the wrong place, freaked out, and left. My buddy thought I'd brought home two girls, but he didn't even open his bedroom door to go out and see who was there. The girls were drunk and we think they're the ones who live right below us, but yea that would've been hilarious to see in person. Moral of the story though, we are locking our apartment from here on out, period. :D

I'll hopefully have some more after Friday and Saturday, and maybe some pics too...

sounds like a couple exciting first days for you guys. we just got in yesterday and had a little "Apple Pie" Party (For those of you who don't know that is a drink made with Everclear I hadn't heard of it till last night) got way too drunk and passed out in my bed. nothing too exciting, but a good night in my book ;)

but we really hope to kick off the place this weekend.

DChess
08-16-2007, 11:52 PM
i go to school in 3 hours, i dont think im going to sleep, prally easier

awfullyquiet
08-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Sweetness.
Don't go to Columbia, for the love of god.

I used to work in the south loop, and there'd be grotey dirty scenesters all over the place who all went to columbia. and i'd laugh at them behind my business professional wear.

draftguru151
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Wooohooo moving in today. Ugh I hate packing.

drowe
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I move into my apartment in Madison on the 25th. I'm definitely excited to be getting out of my parents house...I've been about ready to snap after being around them all summer.

what apartment are you gonna be living in?
and what year are you at UW?

drowe
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
man, college kicks ass. i still miss it.
moving in time was always so fun, because i always worked 60-70 hours a week during the summer and i always looked forward to having 3 hours of class a day and living with my friends.

BUT, the wife and I did just clear out the baby's future room and assembled a stroller, changing table and rocking chair last night.

DChess
08-17-2007, 02:43 PM
moved in at like 10, people are already drinking, good times at wvu, i would go out, but i got a *** floor meeting at 5:40

Moses
08-17-2007, 02:50 PM
moved in at like 10, people are already drinking, good times at wvu, i would go out, but i got a *** floor meeting at 5:40

Predrink for it.

DChess
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Predrink for it.

eh if i get up im getting up to go out all night, 7 will be fine