PDA

View Full Version : Bush or Maroney?

jriles0522
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm in a league with some friends and i wanted to pick Reggie Bush. But, my computer froze, and it autopicked me maroney. the guy after me picked bush, and said that he would've taken maroney if bush was gone.

Do I have the right to get Reggie Bush? And then he would just get maroney, since that's how it would've played out if my laptop didn't **** up with the wireless?

Also, who would you rather have...?

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 04:07 PM
theres no actual unwriten fantasy football code for this but yea you do deserve him. but i would keep maroney, playing in the pats offense with so many other threats he is gonna be a monster this season. dont get me wrong tho, bush is gonan have a good year to. id say your in a bit of a pickle, but you originally wanted bush so you mite as well trade maroney/bush but idk see what some other posters say

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Will he trade Bush for Maroney? If he will, then you don't really have a problem.

And I would rather have Bush, I'm not sold on Maroney as being a solid starter in the NFL. Being NE's feature back will help him be at least a decent fantasy RB, but I think Bush's explosiveness and knack for big plays gives him the edge. Neither are top 10 RB's though.

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Will he trade Bush for Maroney? If he will, then you don't really have a problem.

And I would rather have Bush, I'm not sold on Maroney as being a solid starter in the NFL. Being NE's feature back will help him be at least a decent fantasy RB, but I think Bush's explosiveness and knack for big plays gives him the edge. Neither are top 10 RB's though.

yea its a tought choice id have to say since they both bring different things to the table. bush is more dimensional but maroney is more of a feature back and in a very high octane offense in NE.

Crazy_Chris
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
If the league is a PPR you'll want bush, if not i'd stick with maroney as he is the feature back in a offense with a lot of other weapons Maroney should have a big year.

duckseason
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd take Maroney over Bush without hesitation. The only thing stopping him from a gigantic statistical year is an injury. And you can't predict those. Proven or not, I think he is a top 10 fantasy back. It's not about what they've done, it's about what you think they'll do this year. Maroney will be a superstar in that offense as the feature guy. Bank on it.

mil_brew_fan
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Bush gets the ball so much and he's such a threat... I would rather have Bush... Maroney is a load to tackle but he just won't get as many touches with Moss and Stallworth in the offense...

neko4
08-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Bush gets the ball so much and he's such a threat... I would rather have Bush... Maroney is a load to tackle but he just won't get as many touches with Moss and Stallworth in the offense...

Yes, but Bush will have to compete w/ COlston and McCalister for touches, and hes not the feature back yet. Maroney will getall the touches

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, but Bush will have to compete w/ COlston and McCalister for touches, and hes not the feature back yet. Maroney will getall the touches

Bush is more of a threat in the passing than Colston is. He'll get his 15-20 carries a game too. Reggie is a big play threat and he touches the ball more so he'd be my pick.