PDA

View Full Version : Way to Early Mock...With new Declarees

cadahnic
01-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I am going to do an early first round mock, obviously this is not how it will end up since combine, workouts, and hell bowl games are not even over yet. Also, there will be trades, just not sure on which ones will go down before the draft. It could also change depending on the coin flip.

1. Oakland- JaMarcus Russell QB- No reason for him to stay after outperforming Quinn in the Sugar Bowl. He is just the type of talent Al Davis likes to take. With jr. talent at WR in the draft they can look for Dwayne Bowe in the second round.
2. Detroit- Joe Thomas OL- Polished and ready to step in and play soon. This will keep Kitna and whatever second round QB clean, plus Brackus can move to RT or G further solidifying the line.
3. *Cleveland-Brady Quinn QB - They need Quinn, and he will ready to play by mid-season at the latest. With Oakland taking Russell they could look to Peterson or Branch and go Smith in the second.
4. *Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson WR- Likely the best player in the draft and will give Simms someone to count on opposite Galloway. Clayton will be hard to stop as a slot guy.
5. Arizona- Gaines Adams DE- I don’t think they take him because Okefor and Berry are good players, but he is BPA and Norm Chow will look to improve that defense.
6. Washington- Leon Hall DB- Snyder will likely overspend for a corner in FA, but Hall would be a nice nickel till he takes over for the oft-injured Shawn Springs.
7. Minnesota- Jamal Anderson DE - Bottomline this team cannot get to the passer. They take a first rate guy that has alot of upside. Anderson will start from day one.
8. Houston- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma- Obviously if he gets past Cleveland no one else should take him until this pick, doubt he falls this far, but for the sake of this mock he has.
9. Miami- Alan Branch DL - Bottom line they need to finish shoring up that defense, Branch is not the biggest need, but he is the best player that fits their system.
10. Atlanta- Reggie Nelson S- They need a S and Nelson is a playmaker. He is unpolished, but athletic and that fits with what Atlanta likes in their players.
11. San Francisco- Patrick Willis LB- San Fran improved a lot this year, but their defense was still really bad, they need some of everything, but a sideline to sideline guy like Willis will give Nolan visions of past ILBs from Baltimore.
12. Buffalo- Dwayne Jarrett WR- A compliment to the speedy Evans. They could also go Levi Brown since they will need a RT.
13. St. Louis- Laron Landry S- the most polished safety in the draft, and he really fills a need for them. They will look to the interior of the Dline later.
14. Carolina- Levi Brown T- yeah I know you are all thinking why would they take him, well bottom-line he is a quality run-blocker and pass-blocker and they did not do either very well this year. They have the pieces on defense they just need to heal and add depth.
15. Pittsburgh- Darelle Revis DB- the hometown kid is taken to shore up that secondary. They could use a coverage S, but they could move one of their slow DBs back there and be just fine.
16. Green Bay- Marcus McCaulley DB- a straight coverage guy that gets the job done. They need some youth to go back into that secondary, it will also allow them to really go with the idea of moving Charles Woodson to FS.
17. Jacksonville- Quentin Moses DE- Honestly they are a pretty complete team with question marks at pass rusher, LB, and QB. I dont think they will reach for a QB, so they take a pass rusher that can also play strongside backer.
18. Cincinnati- Quinn Pitcock DT- They need a penetrator and run stopper, he is good and is a high quality guy that they desperately need on that team.
19. Tennessee- Ted Ginn Jr. WR- VY needs a playmaker on offense, so they take Ginn who is likely not going to be that big time, but playmakers are playmakers. Dwayne Bowe would be the better pick, but does not have the name
20. N.Y. Giants- Marshawn Lynch RB- Not that I dont think Brandon Jacobs can do the job, but at this position why not grab a guy like Lynch. At 20 he is good value and would provide a nice 1-2 punch with Jacobs. They will need to find some secondary help in the rest of the draft.
21. Denver- Amobi Okoye DT- yeah they have a lot of DL guys, but they could use a guy to keep Al Wilson clean. Abiamari could be an option here also.
22. New England- Lamar Woodley DE/OLB- this kid just works his ass off and would fit right in with what the Pats do. Most won’t like this pick till he has 10 sacks coming off the edge around Seymour.
23. Dallas- Justin Blaylock G- they need OL help, Blaylock can play G or possibly RT. They could use a safety also, but can look to that later.
24. Kansas City- Sidney Rice WR- Did not think they would go offense this early till I saw 0 first downs in almost three quarters. They need someone who will actually catch a ball.
25. New Orleans- Paul Poslunsky LB- he is talented enough to come in and start from day one. They could use some secondary help which they will grab in the second. Poz will also become the leader on defense.
26. NY Jets- Jarvis Moss DE/OLB- a talented pass rusher that will greatly help out there defense. They will look for a RB, DB later in the draft, but a solid guy in the front seven will help them. This is really early, but I think he will be part of the Florida flood of declares after the big win.
27. Philadelphia- Lawrence Timmons LB- they need a guy that can blitz and play decent coverage. He is a nice compliment to Trotter.
28. New England- Robert Meachem WR- yeah this is high for him but they just need one that has reliable hands for Brady to make it back to the Pro-Bowl. This kid is solid so why not pull the trigger even though I could see them trading this pick. They have liked SEC players as of late.
29. Indianapolis- Tank Tyler DT- I don’t think they take a LB in the first because they should be able to get one in FA, but Tyler is strong against the run and creates some pressure in the middle. They have to shore up that run defense.
30. Baltimore- Victor Abimiari DE- the kid is a pass rusher that would fit this team well. He can stand up or play hand in the ground. Will be very good in there hybrid defense.
31. Chicago- Buster Davis LB- they will likely lose Briggs so why not take a guy that flies around and hits hard. His deficiencies will be minimized with Urlacher next to him.
32. San Diego- Michael Griffin S- he is not likely a first rounder, but this team could use a SS/FS guy that is smart out there. He will become that consummate pro. They won’t take a WR, but may look to the OL if Kris Dielman leaves in FA.

Beans
01-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Tampa Pick = A

Finsfan79
01-03-2007, 09:16 AM
9. Miami- Alan Branch DL - Bottom line they need to finish shoring up that defense, Branch is not the biggest need, but he is the best player that fits their system.

He doesnt fit the system unless we switch to a new system .He is not a 3-4 NT he is a 4-3 DT. Big difference there. I like the player but I dont think he fits at all.

Give us Jarrett there. We need a WR as Booker will be gone and chambers is not a number 1.

Our offense is horrible this year and we need playmakers.

JagHombre22
01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
who said Brohm is leaving?

The Jags don't need a DE in the first pick...

I give it a C grade

cadahnic
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
1. Miami runs a 3/4 defense and switches to a 4-3 on some packages. In a 3-4 Branch can play NT or DE. Also your DEs are getting up there and not all that effective. In 4-3, Nickel, and Dime packages Branch would be able to move between the two gap and one gap DT positions and get decent penetration.

2. I went with Brohm leaving because he had a good game and honestly if he comes out next year and Russell does not leave he will not go number 1 likely. The Jags have a good defense, especially interior and Reggie Hayward is solid when healthy, the point of getting a DE is so that in later rounds you can address areas were money has already been spent. I could see you all going Oline if someone suprises or LB. Hell you guys could also think about getting someone who could catch a ball also.

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Branch is a great fit for our defense.

cadahnic
01-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Changed up the mock see what you guys think.

thule
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Your redskins anaylsis makes no sense.

You say they get someone in FA...yet draft Hall...and Replace Springs when injuried...thats 4 corners...Rogers/Springs/FA/Hall might want to rethink that.

portermvp84
01-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I like the Titans taking Ginn. I don't see Wodley going that I would look for him in the second.

T-RICH49
01-10-2007, 01:56 PM
solid Chiefs pick although an OT and DT are bigger priorities as I see it anyway

jetsfan3
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
who said Brohm is leaving?

The Jags don't need a DE in the first pick...

I give it a C grade

Brohm did. He declared into the draft. Moss is a reach at 26. Give the Jets Okoye there.

V. Young
01-10-2007, 02:24 PM
If buster davis indeed goes to chicago, that will be the best defensive in a long tiiime.

cadahnic
01-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Thula- the Washington remark was an attempt (obviously failed) at being witty. Snyder always pays big money for a player that does not pan out overly well. I think they take Leon Hall to become the starter. I dont overly think they go crazy in FA to grab a starting quality corner.

Brohm has not yet decided to come out, but if he does he will push Quinn and Russell as the top QB.

Thanx for the input guys..

PalmerToCJ
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Given that situation the Bengals would be much more likely to pick Griffin/Timmons/Abiamiri. DT isn't a day 1 need.

Chucky
01-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Awesome bucs pick

Crow
01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/images/smilies/slap.gifhttp://www.thenflforums.com/forums/images/smilies/sleep.gif

Stop pretending to know what Al likes. Seriously.

miamichamp_305
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Branch is a great fit for our defense.
Thank you, now if only finsfan can see it.

hugegmenfan
01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
i dont like the giants pick- yes lynch is a good player but we have many other needs that need to be addressed that go before HB
The giants are planning on signin like Ahman Green or Michael Pittman or trade for Turner.
Give us a a CB/DT

go_ravens94
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
We'd take Jarvis Moss there. Abiamiri I've never liked.

jetsfan3
01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
We'd take Jarvis Moss there. Abiamiri I've never liked.

Moss was taken before your pick.

sdpads24
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
32. San Diego- Michael Griffin S- he is not likely a first rounder, but this team could use a SS/FS guy that is smart out there. He will become that consummate pro. They won’t take a WR, but may look to the OL if Kris Dielman leaves in FA.

I love this pick and Griffin is definitely a first rounder with first round talent. I think its a good chance that we would take a WR if Griffin was already taken if Rice or Meachem or ginn was available

LB51
02-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Good giants pick

Caddy
02-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Tampa Pick = A