PDA

View Full Version : Derek Kinder out for season

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2971018

I wasn't expecting this team to make much noise this season, and this definitely does not help the situation

gator3guy
08-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Well they have a decent backfield and no experience at QB, so they're gonna have to pound the rock 40-45 times a game to have a chance. Stephens-Howling and McCoy should form a decent running combo. Like you said expectations werent very high as it was and losing your best playmaker does not help at all, but they are still going to be a .500 or below team.

Vikes99ej
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow, that screws Pitt more than being coached by Dave Wannstadt.

Mr. Stiller
08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Wow, that screws Pitt more than being coached by Dave Wannstadt.

Wannstadt is actually doing pretty well in Pittsburgh. He needs a few more years to get his team built.

Kinder was my favorite WR in this draft. He wasn't the fastest, or strongest, but he was a reliable receiver with big catch ability, and willing to put his body on the line to make a play.

As seen by that massive block he put on those 2 WVU defenders to spring Revis free.

kwilk103
08-13-2007, 01:02 AM
there top qb prospect---pat bostick left the team before the 1st practice

went through summer conditioning, took summer classes, etc

rumor is anxiety attacks

no timetable set for return

underscore
08-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Bostick will never play a down at Pitt.

Pitt has 2 great RBs, but, with Kinder out, that's it. Pitt again will be lucky to go .500 (how people say Wanny is doing a good job, I'll never know).

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Bostick will never play a down at Pitt.

Pitt has 2 great RBs, but, with Kinder out, that's it. Pitt again will be lucky to go .500 (how people say Wanny is doing a good job, I'll never know).

He's doing very well recruiting IMO. I think they'll be pretty tough in about 2 years.

S4L
08-13-2007, 10:10 AM
This is terrible news for Pitt, but at least the injury happened at one of their deepest positions. They have a lot of very talented underclassmen on the depth chart to replace him opposite Oderick Turner.

Jonny
08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Indeed, Pitt is pretty deep at WR. However, it always hurts to lose that kind of experience.

I'm not too fond of Stephens-Howling. He was terrible once conference action started. He's a third down back. Collier or McCoy will finish the year as the starter.

Pitt's OL is looking pretty bad right now, that could be their biggest problem.

Bostick is supposed to be back soon. He probably won't play this year, Stull is going to be their starter.

WarOnTheShore
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Didn't they already say Bostick should be back soon?

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Indeed, Pitt is pretty deep at WR. However, it always hurts to lose that kind of experience.

I'm not too fond of Stephens-Howling. He was terrible once conference action started. He's a third down back. Collier or McCoy will finish the year as the starter.

Pitt's OL is looking pretty bad right now, that could be their biggest problem.

Bostick is supposed to be back soon. He probably won't play this year, Stull is going to be their starter.

I actually think Pitts OL should be better htis season than Last..

Otah and McGlynn should be pretty good.. Add in Joe Thomas and they're not as bad as most make them.