PDA

View Full Version : Sports Gambling

Moses
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I just placed on a $50 money line bet yesterday and won $120 (plus my original wager of $50). I've been thinking about getting into sports betting semi-seriously for awhile now. I follow football well enough that I pick at a pretty good percentage and know a good line when I see one.

Anybody bet on sports? What type of experiences have you had? Just want to get a discussion going on this.

BufFan71
08-12-2007, 09:48 PM
i lost $150 (when i was in 7th grade)---(no job)
b/c i bet on alot of Buffalo Bills games

Moses
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
How were you betting in 7th grade?

BufFan71
08-12-2007, 09:52 PM
i was betting with my friends....who all give me crap b/c im a billsfan...so i thought it was buffaloes year..so i wasnt hesistant to bet with them....

i am no longer friends with any of them lol

7-11
08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
ive got an online account with sportstab (australian betting agent) and probably put down $20 (on average, if i see something i like i bet more) on rugby, soccer, rugby league, cricket, whatever takes my fancy really. really do enjoy it and have been winning a bit lately. won $170 on a $10 outlay on a multiplier of sunderland over tottenham and a few local rugby league games on the weekend, real nice feeling

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 10:44 PM
i put down 25 in a 2:1 payout for me that denver would beat the pats in the playoffs in what like 05 so he payed me 50.. plus my 25 bet i walked out with 75$, came in with 25 lol pretty good

yeah im not like addicted but i do gamble a lot. do a lot in school lol cuz i never have enought lunch money for the week

D-Unit
08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
The reality is you lose more times than you win (but of course everyone brags that they win all the time). Hopefully you can win big and lose small. It's extremely addicting... Can be extremely EXTREMELY stressful... and it's not fun winning. It's more like a relief. When you lose, you think of all the things you could've bought and kick yourself over it.

Some NFL and NCAA games are fixed. I fully believe that.

HoopsDemon12
08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
i lost $150 (when i was in 7th grade)---(no job)
b/c i bet on alot of Buffalo Bills games

well im a bills fan aswell but i mean... betting on the bills is a good way to lose 150 bucks haha

Borat
08-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I just placed on a $50 money line bet yesterday and won $120 (plus my original wager of $50). I've been thinking about getting into sports betting semi-seriously for awhile now. I follow football well enough that I pick at a pretty good percentage and know a good line when I see one.

Anybody bet on sports? What type of experiences have you had? Just want to get a discussion going on this.

I've made a decent amount grinding it out during the football season. You need to be over 60% correct to cover the vig and show a profit. Learn the Monday Night hedge if you want to grind out winnings.

7-11
08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
The reality is you lose more times than you win (but of course everyone brags that they win all the time). Hopefully you can win big and lose small. It's extremely addicting... Can be extremely EXTREMELY stressful... and it's not fun winning. It's more like a relief. When you lose, you think of all the things you could've bought and kick yourself over it.

everything you said in that 1st paragraph is very true (not gonna get into the fixed games thing). i lose more then i make, not gonna like about it, but for me it just makes watching games of sport when your team isnt involved that much more enjoyable so i think its worth the outlay. i onyl find it stressful on real big bets, something i avoid, i usually stick to $10 and just have a dabble in everything

RyanLeaf#1
08-12-2007, 11:14 PM

Me and d have talked about sports gambling over the last 2 football seasons. Not on boards. There are alot of games fixed both in NCAA and NFL its very stressful, and if I could give anyone advice dont bet with money you dont have. I have been betting on sports for 6 years now and you better be able to handle the swings. Because there are going to be times you cant pick your nose then there are gonna be times when all you pick is winners. All I can say is when your on a win streak put that money somewhere and dont spend it. Because sooner or later your gonna lose it back.

steelersfan43
08-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Me and d have talked about sports gambling over the last 2 football seasons. Not on boards. There are alot of games fixed both in NCAA and NFL its very stressful, and if I could give anyone advice dont bet with money you dont have. I have been betting on sports for 6 years now and you better be able to handle the swings. Because there are going to be times you cant pick your nose then there are gonna be times when all you pick is winners. All I can say is when your on a win streak put that money somewhere and dont spend it. Because sooner or later your gonna lose it back.

Proof, evidence?

jayceheathman
08-13-2007, 12:02 AM
What sites do you guys use for this?...Did the guy who started this really bet on a preseason game????? Quite risky.

TitleTown088
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
not exactly related... but anyone know how to play poker for real money online in the states?

jayceheathman
08-13-2007, 12:19 AM
not exactly related... but anyone know how to play poker for real money online in the states?

Yeah, there are few sites out there but its hard because they give some BS hands to raise excitement. Like one guy goes all in KK and gets called by someone with AA. One guy goes all in with pocket eights and someone calls with Ace, 4. On the flop was 2,3,5. There is Partypoker and Full Tilt poker and some more but I cant think of them at the moment. Full tilt requires at least a $50 deposit. If I were you I would only do the tournaments instead of the regular tables. Full Tilt is the one I use.

tEk
08-13-2007, 12:26 AM
when me and the guys go to vegas we bet on all the people sports betting. chill and drink while watch the games on flat screens in HD. wild bets! like who is going to flip out first? what drink that guy ordered? anything is on you just have to call it. more fun that way.

Borat
08-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, there are few sites out there but its hard because they give some BS hands to raise excitement. Like one guy goes all in KK and gets called by someone with AA. One guy goes all in with pocket eights and someone calls with Ace, 4. On the flop was 2,3,5. There is Partypoker and Full Tilt poker and some more but I cant think of them at the moment. Full tilt requires at least a $50 deposit. If I were you I would only do the tournaments instead of the regular tables. Full Tilt is the one I use.

Your theory that the pokersites rig the hands is what is the real BS. I've played a ton of poker and KK vs AA happens a lot. To randomly say that it's rigged is ridiculous. In the pot-limit World Series event that was just shown on ESPN, Phil Hellmuth and Beth Shak both went all in with AA and they were called by a guy with KK. Do you think the World Series is rigged? Hell no. Yet if that hand happens online, then you'd scream that it was rigged. Come on dude. It's poker. Crazy scenarios happen online and live. Get over it.

jayceheathman
08-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Your theory that the pokersites rig the hands is what is the real BS. I've played a ton of poker and KK vs AA happens a lot. To randomly say that it's rigged is ridiculous. In the pot-limit World Series event that was just shown on ESPN, Phil Hellmuth and Beth Shak both went all in with AA and they were called by a guy with KK. Do you think the World Series is rigged? Hell no. Yet if that hand happens online, then you'd scream that it was rigged. Come on dude. It's poker. Crazy scenarios happen online and live. Get over it.

It happens way more often on online poker than it does live. I have seen more AA vs KK in one tournament on Full Tilt than I did watching any of the WSOP events since it has been aired on ESPN. There was one hand on Full Tilt where 4 people went all in. One with 10's, one with JJ, one with QQ, and one with AA. Thats such crap. How is that not rigged? I can see AA vs KK but to have 4 people out of table of 6 all have a high pocket pair???? They try to add excitement and to spead up the tournaments.

DChess
08-13-2007, 12:51 AM
i woulndt mind gambling but i would be to biased to the team i like more

Borat
08-13-2007, 12:54 AM
It happens way more often on online poker than it does live. I have seen more AA vs KK in one tournament on Full Tilt than I did watching any of the WSOP events since it has been aired on ESPN. There was one hand on Full Tilt where 4 people went all in. One with 10's, one with JJ, one with QQ, and one with AA. Thats such crap. How is that not rigged? I can see AA vs KK but to have 4 people out of table of 6 all have a high pocket pair????

AA vs. KK vs. AK happened at my home game Friday night. That wasn't rigged. You're issue is with the game of poker, not the sites that are allegedly fixing hands. BTW, it makes ZERO sense for them to mess with the hands. They already collected your money from the tourney entry.

TitleTown088
08-13-2007, 12:55 AM

Isn't it impossible for Americans to deposit money into it now though?

Borat
08-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Isn't it impossible for Americans to deposit money into it now though?

Yes, there are some sites I think where you can still get in (PokerStars I believe still does it) but if you already had deposited money you're good to go. I haven't deposited money online in a year and a half.

D-Unit
08-13-2007, 01:06 AM
YUP. Me and RL#1 are gambling pals. LOL. He's made me some money with some of his calls. I have curbed by appetite from gambling and tried to enjoy the games by doing fantasy football. Still though... it's not the same. Gambling really makes fantasy football pretty petty and meaningless. Probably why I don't really focus on winning fantasy football. When you're up or down hundreds or thousands, logging into Yahoo...lol, it just doesn't happen.

jayceheathman
08-13-2007, 01:09 AM
YUP. Me and RL#1 are gambling pals. LOL. He's made me some money with some of his calls. I have curbed by appetite from gambling and tried to enjoy the games by doing fantasy football. Still though... it's not the same. Gambling really makes fantasy football pretty petty and meaningless. Probably why I don't really focus on winning fantasy football. When you're up or down hundreds or thousands, logging into Yahoo...lol, it just doesn't happen.

D-Unit is back. Are you ready for Chase Holbrook to get the best of Colt Brennan this year? Just wait, its going to happen.

elway777
08-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Just wait until Duckseason comes...

D-Unit
08-13-2007, 01:12 AM
D-Unit is back. Are you ready for Chase Holbrook to get the best of Colt Brennan this year? Just wait, its going to happen.
You'll get demolished, but I'll give you props if you cover the spread. ;)

jbeans187
08-13-2007, 01:32 AM
I used bodog last year, when you bet on a sporting event you really get into it and its fun, but you have to wisely decide how much that fun is worth to you, i never bet more than $15 on a game I put $20 into my account and i got it up to about $300 betting on college football. I pulled out $200 and then lost the other $100 during college basketball season. I consider myself very lucky i pulled out bc a few of my friends lost a good amount of money.

PACKmanN
08-13-2007, 04:14 AM
I won 800 last year in one line with 3 teams and when it was atl vs phi in the playoffs i won 500. The 500 one i put 2 dollars on the line and the 800 one i put 20 on the line.

duckseason
08-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Idea- Someone should create a thread for the upcoming season titled "NFLDC 'Cappers Championship" Or something like that. Using college and the NFL, each participant can pick as many games as they want each week with a minimum of 5. The Championship will end with the Super Bowl. Whoever has the highest win % on Feb. 3 is the Champ. The overall standings will be updated each Tuesday morning. All we need is somebody to play commissioner and keep track of everything. I think it would be fun as hell and give people that extra juice during games without having to put real money on it. We'd need to be sure that everybody obtained the spread from one central site, and we'd have to go with the final spread, I think. So as to avoid too much hassle and confusion. Either that or the commish could post the spreads at the same time each week and everybody could just pick their games from there.

Ooh, or we could even take it a step further. Each participant could start with an equal amount of "e-ducats." Like 10 grand or something. Make your wagers each week, and if you go broke, you're done. Whoever builds the fattest bankroll by Feb 3rd, wins. I dunno, I think I like the first idea a bit more. Screw it, I'm gonna make the thread. Don't sign up unless you're pretty sure you'll be around each week.

yourfavestoner
08-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Proof, evidence?

How about common sense?

There's wayyy too much money flying around for games NOT to be fixed. Just look at the NBA. What makes you think a similar situation isn't already happening the NFL?

If there's one thing I've learned in my short life, it's to not take anything at face value, especially when there are huge sums of money tied into it. The world is a lot more corrupt than the majority of people would like to accept.

I'm not going so far as to say that all professional sports games are rigged or anything. I'm just saying that you'd have to be pretty naive to think that there aren't some powerful people who can pull a few strings to make the chips fall in their favor.

duckseason
08-13-2007, 05:54 AM
How about common sense?

There's wayyy too much money flying around for games NOT to be fixed. Just look at the NBA. What makes you think a similar situation isn't already happening the NFL?

If there's one thing I've learned in my short life, it's to not take anything at face value, especially when there are huge sums of money tied into it. The world is a lot more corrupt than the majority of people would like to accept.

I'm not going so far as to say that all professional sports games are rigged or anything. I'm just saying that you'd have to be pretty naive to think that there aren't some powerful people who can pull a few strings to make the chips fall in their favor.

No joke. It's been proven multiple times, and like you said it's just common sense. It's an easy opportunity to make money for college athletes especially. They get caught when they get greedy and there's just a flood of money being wagered on a particular team. It's like the power company alerting the cops to a grow operation because the wattage is just off the charts. But make no mistake, there are far more instances of this than we will ever know of. It's not too difficult to be smart about it. Hell, all you've gotta do is sit through a full season of televised games and you'll see it in front of your face.

RyanLeaf#1
08-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Well would you be including college? If so the best thing for that would be to post all the college lines and pro lines on thursday onto the thread, and just use them. So there would be no confusion on the final spread. This is a great idea and similar to what me and a few guys did during the college basketball season on here.

Idea- Someone should create a thread for the upcoming season titled "NFLDC 'Cappers Championship" Or something like that. Using college and the NFL, each participant can pick as many games as they want each week with a minimum of 5. The Championship will end with the Super Bowl. Whoever has the highest win % on Feb. 3 is the Champ. The overall standings will be updated each Tuesday morning. All we need is somebody to play commissioner and keep track of everything. I think it would be fun as hell and give people that extra juice during games without having to put real money on it. We'd need to be sure that everybody obtained the spread from one central site, and we'd have to go with the final spread, I think. So as to avoid too much hassle and confusion. Either that or the commish could post the spreads at the same time each week and everybody could just pick their games from there.

Ooh, or we could even take it a step further. Each participant could start with an equal amount of "e-ducats." Like 10 grand or something. Make your wagers each week, and if you go broke, you're done. Whoever builds the fattest bankroll by Feb 3rd, wins. I dunno, I think I like the first idea a bit more. Screw it, I'm gonna make the thread. Don't sign up unless you're pretty sure you'll be around each week.

rchrd
08-13-2007, 08:54 AM
It happens way more often on online poker than it does live. I have seen more AA vs KK in one tournament on Full Tilt than I did watching any of the WSOP events since it has been aired on ESPN. There was one hand on Full Tilt where 4 people went all in. One with 10's, one with JJ, one with QQ, and one with AA. Thats such crap. How is that not rigged? I can see AA vs KK but to have 4 people out of table of 6 all have a high pocket pair???? They try to add excitement and to spead up the tournaments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNz-Duyx3Lc

Me and a mate are going to be betting on the Premiership this year, week by week. He's more of a gambler than me but it's just a bit of fun.

SuperMcGee
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I bet on four things that aren't interactive.

Horse Racing: By far my biggest vice. Some big wins, lot of losses. I hit a really bad streak and had to cut myself off earlier, so I haven't bet on anything most of the summer.

NFL: Where my biggest plays are made.

College Football: I do alright, but only because I'm very select with what I play and don't make many.

College Basketball: I play more than I should. I get too excited once conference tournaments come around and keep making plays throughout
Madness.

Jughead10
08-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I've already placed 5 small bets for team to win the National Championship in football. Rutgers and Notre Dame for being a homer. USC, gotta take the blatant favorite. And then Wisconsin and Oklahoma. I think they are going to suprise people, even though they are ranked close to the top.

I also have some baseball over/under bets that are gonna come right to the wire. I took over 44.5 HRs for Ryan Howard. He is on pace for 45 I believe. I also took over 52.5 for the HR leader in MLB. A-Rod is on pace for 54. It should be close. Took the Twins over 84.5. They are letting me down recently after being on pace to hit that all season. Also took the Brewers to win the NL Central.

jayceheathman
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNz-Duyx3Lc

Me and a mate are going to be betting on the Premiership this year, week by week. He's more of a gambler than me but it's just a bit of fun.

Wow and I thought all the pocket pairs on Full Tilt were crazy. That was crazy that the guy folded KK but then got bad luck when the K came up.

I like betting on horse racing as long as its the thoughorbreds and not the quarter horses. You lose a lot but they are really exciting.

rchrd
08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Wow and I thought all the pocket pairs on Full Tilt were crazy. That was crazy that the guy folded KK but then got bad luck when the K came up.

I like betting on horse racing as long as its the thoughorbreds and not the quarter horses. You lose a lot but they are really exciting.

Yeah sick aint it, you know what they say about no good deed going un punished. With the Q hitting as well, horrific.

thule
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Reviving this thread...

Just curious on everyones thoughts that bets on the big game tonight.

Dallas is favored by 7 with a o/u at 52.

I've parlayed my last two weeks with the cowboys and came out on top. I'm thinking Dallas and the under right now.

Jughead10
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Reviving this thread...

Just curious on everyones thoughts that bets on the big game tonight.

Dallas is favored by 7 with a o/u at 52.

I've parlayed my last two weeks with the cowboys and came out on top. I'm thinking Dallas and the under right now.

I teased it. Took Packers +13 and over 45. My place had the regular o/u at 51.

niel89
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
All I've learned is I dont bet on the NFL. College is more predictable to me.

thule
11-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Here is what I settled with...

Date placed:
Nov 29, 2007 7:36p Single #96545755
Football - NFL Team Props (Prop) Moneyline
(GB vs DAL) Thu, November 29th (8:15pm)
Exact Margin of Victory
All wagers have action. Overtime counts towards wager. No Parlays. Max $600
(14864) Dallas Cowboys win by 11-13 Points 12/1 Thu@8:15p
Risk $3.00 to win $36.00
Date placed:
Nov 29, 2007 7:34p Single #96544695
Football - NFL Player Props (Prop) Moneyline
Will Brett Favre throw an Interception?
Must play for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. No Parlays. Max $500
(209) Yes -225 Thu@8:15p
Risk $10.00 to win $4.44
Date placed:
Nov 29, 2007 7:34p Single #96544694
Football - NFL Player Props (Prop) Total
Brett Favre - Total Passing Yards
Must play for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. No Parlays. Max $500
(201/202) Over 320½ (+105) Thu@8:15p
Risk $5.00 to win $5.25
Date placed:
Nov 29, 2007 7:31p Single #96543398
Football - NFL Player Props (Prop) Moneyline
Player to score the first Touchdown in the game
(Only the player to carry or receive the football in the end zone will be consider the winner) All players have action. Overtime counts towards wager. No Refunds. No Parlays. Max $500
(274) Patrick Crayton (DAL) 10/1 Thu@8:15p
Risk $5.00 to win $50.00
Date placed:
Nov 29, 2007 7:27p 2 Team Parlay #96541804
Football - NFL Lines (Game) Total
NFL - WEEK 13
(301) Green Bay Packers vs. (302) Dallas Cowboys Under 52 Thu@8:15p
Football - NFL Lines (Game) Pointspread
NFL - WEEK 13
(302) Dallas Cowboys -7 (-105) Thu@8:15p
Competitor: (301) Green Bay Packers
Risk $20.00 to win $54.55

RyanLeaf#1
11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I personally think Dallas rolls in this game.

duckseason
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Damn Thule, that was your $50.00 right there.

duckseason
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
There's that $50.00, Thule. Damn good call on that one.

kwilk103
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
so what sports gambling sites do you use?

also, can somelink link to what parlay and all that stuff means? like i understand lines, over/under, but i dont get parlays and teasers

thanks

Man_Of_Steel
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Proline is great for Canadians.

jballa838
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
thuley made some $$$

Jughead10
11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I teased it. Took Packers +13 and over 45. My place had the regular o/u at 51.

Great Success!!!

Shane P. Hallam
11-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I bet some last year and did alright, probably broke about even in the end. My strategy was, if I got up, to take a little over half out, put it back in my bank account and ride the rest out, End when I was at 0.

thule
11-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Lost 28 won 54....so I went up 26 on the day...not terrible...another FG and I would have looked really good. I was so tempted by the over...but I was really hoping for more out of the dallas defense....they played Farve really well...don't know why they went away from the gameplan when rodgers got in.

kwilk103
11-29-2007, 11:38 PM
jbond, what website?

Jughead10
11-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I bet some last year and did alright, probably broke about even in the end. My strategy was, if I got up, to take a little over half out, put it back in my bank account and ride the rest out, End when I was at 0.

If you have a big bank roll you can use the Martindale principle. First bet is 10 bucks. Lose that. Next bet is 20 bucks. Lose that. Now your down in the hole 30 bucks. So you double that and your next bet is 60. Ok you win that. Now you start back at 10 again. If you have a big bank roll you can make a lot of money that way. If you start your first bet at 10 the bets go like this: 10, 20, 60, 180, 540, etc, etc, etc. Once you win your first bet, you start back at 10 again.

kwilk103
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
whats a good site for americans?

bored of education
11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
I bet alot, mostly with in a ring of friends, sometimes with zee bookie and sometimes on bodog

jayceheathman
11-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I just started using sportsbetting.com. I just withdrew $50 to see if they actually send you a check. It's illegal in the U.S. so if they dont send one there is nothing you can do about it. I got an email the other day that said the check was processed and is on the verge of being sent to me. Hopefully I will get it.

I have been making a decent amount by just betting on the total point spread. "Over" has been winning so often in the NFL this year. There arent many good defenses and a lot of teams that can score. For a $20 bet you get $18.18 in profit if you win. I bet $40 for "over" on the Dallas vs Green Bay game and won $36.36. I find doing this a lot easier than picking a team to win.

kwilk103
11-30-2007, 01:17 AM
which are legal in the U.S.?

edit---looks like bodog is? can anyone confirm that for me?

also anyone have any links so i can learn what parlays/teasers are? i understand the moneylines, over/under, point spread

thanks

jayceheathman
11-30-2007, 01:54 AM

also anyone have any links so i can learn what parlays/teasers are? i understand the moneylines, over/under, point spread

thanks

http://www.sportsbetting.com/help/sportsbook/rules2.html#Teasers

I think this link will work. I already have an account so I am not sure if they will make you sign up first or not.

Borat
11-30-2007, 01:55 AM

thanks

You don't need a link, here's what they mean.

Parlay is when you play multiple games. All bets must win for you to win. Tonight, for example: If you had Dallas -7 and over 52 points as a parlay, then you won. If you had one of those wrong, you lost.

Teasers are where you can move the spread in either direction. The amount the points can move are based on which teaser spread you're playing. For example: You could have moved the Green Bay line from +7 to +13 if you were using a 6 point teaser. Teasers are usually done in parlay form so you'd have to pick other(s) to include and you'd move the line 6 points in those as well.

Since you have to win all bets in a parlay/teaser, you get a better payout. Although, for moving the line in a teaser, you don't usually get a great payout unless you put a bunch of bets in your teaser. The more you include in either a teaser/parlay, the higher your payout can be.

Hope that helps.

Borat
11-30-2007, 01:56 AM
http://www.sportsbetting.com/help/sportsbook/rules2.html#Teasers

I think this link will work. I already have an account so I am not sure if they will make you sign up first or not.

oops, you beat me to it.

kwilk103
11-30-2007, 01:59 AM
is bodog legit? is it legal in the us?

i've been thinking about trying sports gambling for a long time----usually just with friends, but i like to gamble

probably wouldnt start til after i get the bowl situation sorted out----its gonna cost me about 1k to go to new orleans----hotel, tix, airfare, etc

jayceheathman
11-30-2007, 03:15 AM
is bodog legit? is it legal in the us?

i've been thinking about trying sports gambling for a long time----usually just with friends, but i like to gamble

probably wouldnt start til after i get the bowl situation sorted out----its gonna cost me about 1k to go to new orleans----hotel, tix, airfare, etc

A lot of banks wont let you put money into an online gambling site because of the fear of money laundering. Every online gambling site is made oversees because producing one is illegal in the U.S. I'm pretty sure every online gambling form is illegal in the U.S as well. Since the sites are made oversees the U.S. cant get information on who signed up. The risk you are taking is the site keeping your money because they dont have to send to the U.S.

kwilk103
11-30-2007, 06:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodog#Legal

In October 2006, the U.S. government passed the Unlawful Internet Gambling and Enforcement Act which prohibits banks from processing transactions for online gambling operators. Though the act did not make online gambling itself illegal per se, many online casinos and poker rooms abandoned the U.S. market, though Bodog chose to continue to serve U.S. players.

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2007, 07:05 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodog#Legal

In October 2006, the U.S. government passed the Unlawful Internet Gambling and Enforcement Act which prohibits banks from processing transactions for online gambling operators. Though the act did not make online gambling itself illegal per se, many online casinos and poker rooms abandoned the U.S. market, though Bodog chose to continue to serve U.S. players.

You can go to sportsbook.com its legal.

thule
12-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I got two more in right now...

2 Team Parlay #98049982
Football - NFL Lines Point Spread
NFL - WEEK 14
(105) Dallas Cowboys -11½ (-105) Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (106) Detroit Lions
Football - NFL Lines Total
NFL - WEEK 14
(105) Dallas Cowboys vs. (106) Detroit Lions Over 51 Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 40.00 to win US$ 109.09

3 Team Parlay #98051971
NFL - WEEK 14
(107) Miami Dolphins +7 Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (108) Buffalo Bills
NFL - WEEK 14
(120) Houston Texans +3 (-120) Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (119) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL - WEEK 14
(121) Arizona Cardinals +7 (-105) Sun@3:05p
Competitor: (122) Seattle Seahawks
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 116.67

UPDATE***
Single #98054167
Football - NFL Player Props Total
(DAL vs DET) Sun, Dec 9th (1:00pm EST)
Calvin Johnson - Total Pass Receptions
Must play for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. Singles only. Max $500
(263/264) Over 3½ (-145) Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 5.00 to win US$ 3.45

Single #98054166
Jon Kitna - Total Passing Yards
Must play for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. Singles only. Max $500
(259/260) Over 270½ (+105) Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 10.00 to win US$ 10.50

RyanLeaf#1
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I got two more in right now...

2 Team Parlay #98049982
NFL - WEEK 14
(105) Dallas Cowboys -11 (-105) Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (106) Detroit Lions
NFL - WEEK 14
(105) Dallas Cowboys vs. (106) Detroit Lions Over 51 Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 40.00 to win US$ 109.09

3 Team Parlay #98051971
NFL - WEEK 14
(107) Miami Dolphins +7 Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (108) Buffalo Bills
NFL - WEEK 14
(120) Houston Texans +3 (-120) Sun@12:00p
Competitor: (119) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL - WEEK 14
(121) Arizona Cardinals +7 (-105) Sun@3:05p
Competitor: (122) Seattle Seahawks
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 116.67

UPDATE***
Single #98054167
Calvin Johnson - Total Pass Receptions
(263/264) Over 3 (-145) Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 5.00 to win US$ 3.45

Single #98054166
Jon Kitna - Total Passing Yards
(259/260) Over 270 (+105) Sun@12:00p
Risk US$ 10.00 to win US$ 10.50

It always sucks when the only bet you win is the one where you put the least amount of money on.

thule
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
ya...it was a rough day....time to make up...

2 Team Parlay #98230900
NFL - WEEK 14
(129) Indianapolis Colts -10 (-105) Sun@7:15p
Competitor: (130) Baltimore Ravens
NFL - WEEK 14
(129) Indianapolis Colts vs. (130) Baltimore Ravens Over 42 (-105) Sun@7:15p
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 56.24

jayceheathman
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
ya...it was a rough day....time to make up...

2 Team Parlay #98230900
NFL - WEEK 14
(129) Indianapolis Colts -10 (-105) Sun@7:15p
Competitor: (130) Baltimore Ravens
NFL - WEEK 14
(129) Indianapolis Colts vs. (130) Baltimore Ravens Over 42 (-105) Sun@7:15p
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 56.24

I put $60 on "over" to win $54.54. Looks good so far.

thule
12-09-2007, 08:52 PM
44 pts now...win the over

Looks like I went down 10 on the day...but not a bad recover...I almost decided to tease it 6pts and bet 100 to win 80.

jayceheathman
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
44 pts now...win the over

Looks like I went down 10 on the day...but not a bad recover...I almost decided to tease it 6pts and bet 100 to win 80.

Not too bad. I was even going into tonights game from all of my bets but now I am up $54.54 for the day. I lost $25 because the Patriots or the Stealers couldnt score .5 more points. The worst loss I have had yet. Then I lost by betting over on the Eagles vs Giants game. I was getting worried by betting over on the Cowboys vs Lions. If they didnt score late I would have lost.

bored of education
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Date placed:
Dec 09, 2007 10:02a

Date settled:
Dec 09, 2007 4:37p
6 Team Parlay # 98012223
(109) New York Giants +3 (-120) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
New York Giants 16
Philadelphia Eagles 13

(109) New York Giants vs. (110) Philadelphia Eagles Under 42 (-115) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
New York Giants 16
Philadelphia Eagles 13

(111) Oakland Raiders vs. (112) Green Bay Packers Over 40 (-115) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
Oakland Raiders 7
Green Bay Packers 38

(112) Green Bay Packers -11 (-105) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
Oakland Raiders 7
Green Bay Packers 38

(115) San Diego Chargers -1½ Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
San Diego Chargers 23
Tennessee Titans 17

(115) San Diego Chargers vs. (116) Tennessee Titans Over 40 (-105) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
San Diego Chargers 23
Tennessee Titans 17

Outcome:
Win

Risk US$ 3.00 to win US$ 136.89

bored of education
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
i make about 5 bets per week i always win about one like that /\

jayceheathman
12-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Date placed:
Dec 09, 2007 10:02a

Date settled:
Dec 09, 2007 4:37p
6 Team Parlay # 98012223
(109) New York Giants +3 (-120) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
New York Giants 16
Philadelphia Eagles 13

(109) New York Giants vs. (110) Philadelphia Eagles Under 42 (-115) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
New York Giants 16
Philadelphia Eagles 13

(111) Oakland Raiders vs. (112) Green Bay Packers Over 40 (-115) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
Oakland Raiders 7
Green Bay Packers 38

(112) Green Bay Packers -11 (-105) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
Oakland Raiders 7
Green Bay Packers 38

(115) San Diego Chargers -1½ Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
San Diego Chargers 23
Tennessee Titans 17

(115) San Diego Chargers vs. (116) Tennessee Titans Over 40 (-105) Sun@1:00p

Final Scores
San Diego Chargers 23
Tennessee Titans 17

Outcome:
Win

Risk US$ 3.00 to win US$ 136.89

How much more would you have won if Tennessee vs San Diego would have gone over 40 instead of hitting 40 and pretty much canceling that bet out? Would that have made a difference? That is very impressive by the way.

bored of education
12-09-2007, 11:22 PM
umm i dont know off the top of my head. i average betting 30 bucks a week and average winning about 150

bored of education
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
during the bowls and playoffs i will be spening about 20-40 per bet rather then 1-10.

jayceheathman
12-09-2007, 11:29 PM
umm i dont know off the top of my head. i average betting 30 bucks a week and average winning about 150

Not bad. I didnt do as well as I have the last two weeks mainly because the Patriots or Steelers couldnt score 1 more measly point. I bet over 47.5 and they scored 47. This is my first few months of getting into sports betting so I havent got up to parlays and the harder stuff yet. I have turned $50 into $406.05 in probably a little over a month. I find betting on college football a lot harder than the pros. I lost about $60 in my first week of trying it and then decided to just keep to the pros.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM

You got any tips? Mainly for parlays?

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Any news here?

RyanLeaf#1
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Bowl Season starts tommorow. That should keep sports handicappers busy for awhile.

fischbowl
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
im still alive in survivor for a $1,000 pool.

RyanLeaf#1
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
im still alive in survivor for a $1,000 pool.

What teams can you still use?

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
what is the trick to parlays? I've even done teasers and come sooo close.

RyanLeaf#1
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
what is the trick to parlays? I've even done teasers and come sooo close.

How many teams in your parlay are you talking about.

KCJ58
12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
i miss Moses :(

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
How many teams in your parlay are you talking about.

usually from 3 to 6. A couple times I've done larger but I only put a dollar in those situations because the winning would be a lot. I don't bet big money, I just keep losing.

RyanLeaf#1
12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
usually from 3 to 6. A couple times I've done larger but I only put a dollar in those situations because the winning would be a lot. I don't bet big money, I just keep losing.

3 team is possible. It pays 6 to 1. Anything more than 3 teams. Say a prayer.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Haha. Yeah it's just frustrating. Right when I was absolutely sure about a couple bets: I thought Indy would whoop on the Raiders and the Patriots would just make the Jets season even worse... neither one covered.

My closest one for a big win was back in October I think.

I risked 1$ in a 5 team college regular parlay to win 45 $, I can't remember all the teams. but the spread in West Virginia vs. Miss St. was 26.5. I took WVU and they won by 26. I don't bet a lot of money so this was kinda big in the sense that I had about 30$ in my account and it would've gave me plenty to make single game bets comfortably.

jayceheathman
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
You got any tips? Mainly for parlays?

Lately for the NFL, over on the total point spread has been pretty consistant. At least until this past week when the snow storms hit and most of the teams were under.

Brent
12-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Last time I bet on a sporting event, the Mavs lost to the Heat in the finals. So, I bet no more.

But I will always side with Vegas in most sporting events for picking winners because those freaking bookies know everything, they know if a player's GF dumped them or who is faking injuries.

thule
12-22-2007, 05:35 PM
(18126) Dallas Cowboys win by 18-21 Points 9/1 Sat@7:15p
Risk US$ 5.00 to win US$ 45.00

(18125/18126) Under 16 (-115) Sat@7:15p
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 17.39

(257) Patrick Crayton (DAL) 9/1 Sat@7:15p
Risk US$ 5.00 to win US$ 45.00

Parlay
(307) Dallas Cowboys -11 Sat@7:15p
Competitor: (308) Carolina Panthers
NFL - WEEK 16
(307) Dallas Cowboys vs. (308) Carolina Panthers Over 42½ Sat@7:15p
Risk US$ 20.00 to win US$ 52.00

thule
12-22-2007, 05:51 PM
My Sunday Parlay...figured I'd give a 5 teamer one a try.
5 Team Parlay Bet Details (reference #99787611)
Dallas Cowboys vs. Carolina Panthers Over 42½
Football - NFL Lines NFL - WEEK 16 - Total
Sat@7:15p

Detroit Lions -5
Football - NFL Lines NFL - WEEK 16 - Point Spread
Sun@12:00p

Philadelphia Eagles +3½ (-120)
Sun@12:00p

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -6
Sun@3:05p

New York Jets +8½
Sun@3:15p

Risked US$ 5.00 to win US$ 116.76

RyanLeaf#1
12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Good old favorite and over... barely ever works.

diabsoule
12-22-2007, 11:19 PM

I fully believe that a lot of NFL and NCAA games are fixed too. There are just too many ways for them to not be.

thule
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Parlayed 10 dollars to win 28.50
Jags -3
Over 41

this is good because i've been in a slump lately...taking dallas last week against the moneyline didn't treat me good...and I lost another big one last week on a 20 dollar paylay because the TB couldn't cover the +3

Billingsley26
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
What happened to Moses? Havent seen him online in a long time.

badgerbacker
01-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure he got banned due to numerous infractions.

thule
01-05-2008, 10:34 PM
well looks like the jags lost me more money today...i'm in a huge hole

SuperMcGee
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Thank goodness for getting 2.5
Pittsburgh got me back up to about even since I received an unexpected check form school just as bowl season was starting. I haven't made a whole lot of plays but only TCU and Georgia (and now Pittsburgh) had gotten me some significant profit.
Hopefully to playoffs continue to be fortuitous.

jayceheathman
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Thank goodness for getting 2.5
Pittsburgh got me back up to about even since I received an unexpected check form school just as bowl season was starting. I haven't made a whole lot of plays but only TCU and Georgia (and now Pittsburgh) had gotten me some significant profit.
Hopefully to playoffs continue to be fortuitous.

F************k that! I had the line for the Jags in my parlay. Lose by fing .5 points for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I had seattle to win, over 40 on the jags vs steelers game, jags to cover the line, and chargers to win and it paid out $120.

RyanLeaf#1
01-06-2008, 10:22 AM
F************k that! I had the line for the Jags in my parlay. Lose by fing .5 points for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I had seattle to win, over 40 on the jags vs steelers game, jags to cover the line, and chargers to win and it paid out $120.

You should have bought the half of point or bought a whole point to bring the line down to 2 or 1.5.... It wouldn't have affected your parlay price barely at all. Or should have taken the Seahawks moneyline. Never let a half of point burn you. Thats one of the first things I learned when I got into the sports game. If you don't know what I mean about buying a half of point it goes like this. On a regular bet you lay 110 to win 100. But in last nights case if you wanted to bring the 2.5 down to 2. You would have had to lay 130 to win 100. Its funny me and a friend were talking before last nights game, and we both agreed that it was likely that the Jaguars would win but the Steelers would cover the 2.5. The public was all over the Jags. Vegas was not going to let them cover.

jayceheathman
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
You should have bought the half of point or bought a whole point to bring the line down to 2 or 1.5.... It wouldn't have affected your parlay price barely at all. Or should have taken the Seahawks moneyline. Never let a half of point burn you. Thats one of the first things I learned when I got into the sports game. If you don't know what I mean about buying a half of point it goes like this. On a regular bet you lay 110 to win 100. But in last nights case if you wanted to bring the 2.5 down to 2. You would have had to lay 130 to win 100. Its funny me and a friend were talking before last nights game, and we both agreed that it was likely that the Jaguars would win but the Steelers would cover the 2.5. The public was all over the Jags. Vegas was not going to let them cover.

Yeah, I should have looking back at it. Hindsight is 20/20. Of course the Jags had to blow the lead up which is just my luck lately. I made a two team parlay of the Giants winning and the over on the total point spread of 39.5. 3 points in the third quater destroyed me.

oregonbucfan
01-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Bucs screwed me today, but college bowls have been good to me. as well as the Blazers

jayceheathman
01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Bucs screwed me today, but college bowls have been good to me. as well as the Blazers

College bowl games have been destroying me. I need to stop going for the get rich quick schemes by making a big parlay that just throws my money away. I got way to confident in these bowl games. OU really destroyed me. That killed a lot of my parlays. I never saw West Virginia beating them the way they did.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
The Jags cost me too. I'd have almost 4 times the money in my account that I have right now with the assorted bets I did.

kwilk103
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
does the point spreade determine how much money you win?

like if you bet on a -8 team, and they win, does that earn me more money than if you bet on a -5 team?

jballa838
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
does the point spreade determine how much money you win?

like if you bet on a -8 team, and they win, does that earn me more money than if you bet on a -5 team?
no the point spread determines how much they think a team will win/lose by.
EX: WV is a -2 favorite against Louisville(+2) and WVU wins by 1. Lousiville technically was the winning spread because their score plus 2 was more than WVU. So basically at the end you either add or take away points from the teams end total. the number you take away is determined in the spread.

jballa838
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
early odds in vegas for BCS championship Odds:
http://www.sportsbook.com/sportsbook...cbb_080108.php (http://www.sportsbook.com/sportsbook/popup_cbb_080108.php)
USC 3:1
Florida 6:1
Ohio State 6:1
Oklahoma 8:1
Georgia 8:1
LSU 10:1
West Virginia 15:1
Texas 20:1
Any other team 25:1
any other teams odds you want, i'll look-up

Giantsfan1080
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.sportsbook.com/sportsbook...cbb_080108.php (http://www.sportsbook.com/sportsbook/popup_cbb_080108.php)

You think they would have learned with Ohio State.

jayceheathman
01-09-2008, 11:49 PM

What happened to Kansas? Are they losing a lot of their players this year?

RyanLeaf#1
01-10-2008, 01:59 AM

Yes and they play a real Big 12 schedule next season.

Jughead10
01-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Can I bet that USC won't win the NC. Haha.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I like Texas.

RyanLeaf#1
01-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I like Texas.

They will probably have atleast 2 loses from in conference play next season.

jballa838
01-10-2008, 05:37 PM
they pay 50-1.

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
ASU at 60-1... Nice =D

Nitschke-Hawk
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes and they play a real Big 12 schedule next season.

They look better odds wise than anybody except USC on that list. EX: How can we trust Oklahoma the way they have been, any team in the SEC... one will be there but who knows who that will be.

Jughead10
01-11-2008, 07:14 AM
How the hell is Ohio St 6:1? That is ridiculous.

I think we are in for another crazy year of college football next season. I'm not sold on USC being this powerhouse next year.

UK Cards Fan
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life...

Did anyone have a wager on the Superbowl?

Due to fluctuating odds, at one stage I was set to win a reasonable amount whoever won until (Bear in mind this was at 2 am in the morning in the UK!) I placed a bet on the wrong team and quickly saw me set to lose a rather large amount of money and even cheering for the Pats!!!

Thankfully, I managed to break even, but given that I was set for a nasty loss, it sure felt more like a victory!

thule
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I won my player bets...I bet Steve Smith over 3 catches and over 31 yards....so I won both of those at even back money...I lost on Bradshaw over 48...finished with 46...

The I lost my Giants hold and over with 55...I was really tempted to go under...but the -105 on the over tricked me....should have went with the instincts...overall went down about 40...

SuperMcGee
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I made one confident, winning play with the under. I don't do a lot of plays on the Super Bowl, last time I did (XL) I lost a lot of money. Of course that was very early in my handicapping life and what I lost probably wouldn't mean near as much to me today as it did then, but I just don't get into props like I used to for the big game.

jayceheathman
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
With all my bets on the Super Bowl I was up about $11. I lost because I bet the coin flip would be heads. Lost on the fact that I picked that someone would score in the first 5 1/2 minutes. Won because I picked the under, that the Giants would lead at one point in the game, and that the Patriots would rush for less than 118.5 yards.

jayceheathman
03-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I just had the worst luck tonight. I put $20 down on a huge 8 team parlay and these were my bets...over 199 in the Bulls vs Celtics game, celtics winning that game, the Jazz covering the +5 spread, over 223 in the Jazz vs Suns game, Hornets to win, over 199.5 in the Kings vs Wolves game, the Warriors to cover the +5 spread, and the Clippers to cover the +15 spread. If you look those up, all of them happened except the Lakers blew out the Clippers in the 3rd quarter by 20 points and ended up winning by like 40.

$20 on that parlay would have paid out $1368.96

adschofield
03-08-2008, 12:44 AM

No, not really...we return 17/22 starters and should fill all those holes...we've got a better team, but a tougher schedule...it should be interesting...I think we can beat Texas, but OU and MU will be tough

bwillie26
03-08-2008, 02:38 AM
I just had the worst luck tonight. I put $20 down on a huge 8 team parlay and these were my bets...over 199 in the Bulls vs Celtics game, celtics winning that game, the Jazz covering the +5 spread, over 223 in the Jazz vs Suns game, Hornets to win, over 199.5 in the Kings vs Wolves game, the Warriors to cover the +5 spread, and the Clippers to cover the +15 spread. If you look those up, all of them happened except the Lakers blew out the Clippers in the 3rd quarter by 20 points and ended up winning by like 40.

$20 on that parlay would have paid out $1368.96

Instead of being upset, I would be wondering why I wasted $20 bucks on such a big parlay.

yodabear
03-08-2008, 02:41 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd put money on a 16 seed in the NCAA tournament.

jayceheathman
03-08-2008, 03:50 AM
Instead of being upset, I would be wondering why I wasted $20 bucks on such a big parlay.

It was too tempting when I saw how much it paid out if it happened. I pretty much knew the Hornets and the Celtics would win. The Warriors I had a pretty good feeling would beat the crappy Heat by more than 5. The Suns and Jazz can score a lot so I had a good feeling on the over. The ones that worried me was the over on the Kings vs Wolves, and the Jazz covering the +5 point spread without Kirilenko playing. I figured if the Kings can hold with the Lakers pretty well then the Clippers should be able to at least hold on by less than 15 points.

Jughead10
03-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I start on Saturday night, but from now until they lose, I'm betting against the Rockets. And doubling my losses everytime I lose. 18 in a row is bound to end sooner than later.

jayceheathman
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I start on Saturday night, but from now until they lose, I'm betting against the Rockets. And doubling my losses everytime I lose. 18 in a row is bound to end sooner than later.

Vegas is probably making a pretty penny on people thinking that. The site I use tells you hints on how people are betting on that site and for the last few games it has been like 95% of people betting have bet on the team the Rockets are playing to win.

Jughead10
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Vegas is probably making a pretty penny on people thinking that. The site I use tells you hints on how people are betting on that site and for the last few games it has been like 95% of people betting have bet on the team the Rockets are playing to win.

If you have a large enough account and just keep doubling your losses, you are eventually going to make out. You can use that method for any games but since the Rockets already won 18 in a row already, they are due for a loss.

jayceheathman
03-10-2008, 04:07 PM
If you have a large enough account and just keep doubling your losses, you are eventually going to make out. You can use that method for any games but since the Rockets already won 18 in a row already, they are due for a loss.

But then you have to hope that the team they lose to is to a team like the Nets where your payout would be a really nice sum if they win. They play the Lakers in a few days and if they lose then the money line would be a lot more even.

Jughead10
03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
But then you have to hope that the team they lose to is to a team like the Nets where your payout would be a really nice sum if they win. They play the Lakers in a few days and if they lose then the money line would be a lot more even.

I'm still taking the points as long as the team the Rockets is playing is the underdog. So I could technicall still win and then keep betting against them until they lose.

ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Anybody bet on the HOF game? I started out the season by going with the Colts on the money line. Wagered $100 @ 2.80. Excellent value in my opinion.

I'll probably sprinkle a bit on NFL Futures as well. Some good value to be had.

yo123
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
You bet money on a preseason game? Thats like betting on a single baseball game. Way too unpredictable.

ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
You bet money on a preseason game? Thats like betting on a single baseball game. Way too unpredictable.

Preseason games have GREAT value. Every game is unpredictable so I don't even take that into consideration. After all, it's gambling. I just try to find the best values I can and am confident that in the long run I'll be ahead.

scottyboy
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Anybody bet on the HOF game? I started out the season by going with the Colts on the money line. Wagered $100 @ 2.80. Excellent value in my opinion.

I'll probably sprinkle a bit on NFL Futures as well. Some good value to be had.

RyanLeaf#1, is that you?

jballa838
08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
its Moses. it always is.

bored of education
08-03-2008, 11:06 PM
FOOTBALL SEASON=the season I make a 2nd income...since I'm unemployed my only income!

Borat
08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
RyanLeaf#1, is that you?

It kinda sounds like him too. Probably not. Too bad. I miss that dude. He was fun to discuss wagers with.

bored of education
08-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Borat once football season rolls around I will be in this thread alot!

Borat
08-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Good. I actually discussed most of my wagers in the football wagers game we did last year. That was a great thread. I'd post the lines to all pro/NCAA games and everyone had to pick a minimum of 5 games and a max of 20. Best winning percentage at the end won. I think it came down to me and McGee, but whoever was running it kind of dropped the ball so I don't know who won. We'll have to do that game again this year.

Put your skill to the test BOD!

PACKmanN
08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
can someone give me info on how to bet on Baseball games, I'm just a common fan and don't know much about Baseball and would like to know some tips on how to bet on games.

bored of education
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Good. I actually discussed most of my wagers in the football wagers game we did last year. That was a great thread. I'd post the lines to all pro/NCAA games and everyone had to pick a minimum of 5 games and a max of 20. Best winning percentage at the end won. I think it came down to me and McGee, but whoever was running it kind of dropped the ball so I don't know who won. We'll have to do that game again this year.

sounds pretty fun.

keep me posted

SuperMcGee
08-04-2008, 12:33 AM

That was definitely a fun thing to do last season, we have to be sure to get that going again.
I think Leaf was upset that I played so many favorites. But it's how I bet and it worked, in the competition and in reality, last year, which was pretty good for me.