PDA

View Full Version : sean considine

Eagles own the NFC East
08-13-2007, 12:09 AM
how do u guys feel about him as the fulltime starter at SS? you think we need an upgrade or anything?

eaglesalltheway
08-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I know I am in the minority, but I like Sean Considine. He was second on the team in tackles, I beleive, last year behind Trotter, and lead the team in tackles in the postseason. Unfortunately for him, he missed major tackles that hanged the course of the game. Every player misses tackles, and it just so happens the most memorable ones from last season were his. But keep in mind he was not playing at full strength. He is a great covering SS. Last year he didin't give up a single passing touchdown. Hopefully he will continue to progress and miss less tackles or at least make more big ones. It did seem like he was making a lot of tackles on Monday, but so was the rest of the secondary. I would bet he had the most tackles in that game, not that it is improtant, but I would say so. I think he will be a starter all year for us, and will impress many, but who knows, I may be wrong, he could suck majorly, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

cunningham06
08-21-2007, 11:16 AM
He's a tackle catcher he doesn't force the ball carrier back, but at least he usually brings them down. He would just go down with the ball carrier last season, so hopefully the added weight will aid him in delivering bigger hits.

eaglesalltheway
08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
He made some impressive tackles last season that no one seems to remember, they all remembered the missed tackle in the Saints game. I am excited to see what he does this year.

brat316
10-02-2007, 01:40 AM
we can see that we really need a good replacement next to him though, in B-dawks absents. Anyone in mind for next year. I like Considine at SS i dont think they should move him, unless they draft someone that is just great at the SS poistion and can free lance. We need to get a big hitter and speed guy for Saftey in the draft.

You always need one great free lancing saftey on your team, Steelers, Raven, Eagles (had one injured right now), Arizona.

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Considine is fine...he's never gonna be a superstar, but theirs no need to think about replacing him. Very steady and reliable.

Sniper
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Considine has gotten a lot better this season. He's noticeably quicker and stronger and he's playing much smarter. That being said, I think we need to draft a SS as Considine is better suited to replace Dawkins at the FS position.