PDA

View Full Version : FIRST MOCK OF THE YEAR

Jimmy
01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
I literally had not one team pick a RB, so I had to go through and find a team that would need one. Sorry if there is a loophole.

I couldn’t find a suitable place for Marshawn Lynch, so if someone has a suggestion just tell me.

THE MOCK

1. Cleveland Browns (via Oak) - Brady Quinn- QB- Notre Dame
Quinn wants to play there, and i think cleveland trades their second or whatever to oakland for this pick

2. Matt Millen – Joe Thomas – OT- Wisconson
I am a beliver in Kitna, and I think if millen wants to develop his young receivers he won’t go out and get another young Quarterback. I think the Lions need to solidify their offensive line, so Kitna has more time to throw and makes less errors. If the Lions want a quarterback they can get one in F.A.

3. Tampa Bay Buccuneers - Gaines Adams - DE – Clemson
Simeon Rice is probably gone, and the bucs were 30th in the league in sacks. Imagine them with him gone.

4. Oakland Raiders (via Cle) – Marcus Vick
Kidding, that’s an old one, and they take Jamarcus Russell- QB- LSU
Why did Al Davis want Andrew Walter? Big Arm. Why did Al Davis want Aaron Brooks? Scrambling ability. Why does Al Davis want Jamarcus? The best of both worlds. But I promise that I will be chanting Vick’ name this year at the draft regardless. It pissed off the Oakland staff pretty badly last year.

5. Arizona Cardinals – Leon Hall - CB – Michigan
The Cards like big, physical corners, and hall provides a great #2 to Antrel.

6. Washington Redskins – Quentin Moses- DE
Don’t count on it with Gibbs. This team truly screws up every year. I’m pretty sure they used two 2nd’s for Rocky McIntosh.

7. Minnesota Vikings – Calvin Johnson - WR – Georgia Tech
Well, no reason he should fall any father, they need a WR badly, and Johnson is the best to offer.

8. Houston Texans – Adrian
Peterson - HB – Oklahoma

The Texans Need a safety, and Landry is available.

9. Miami Dolphins –Laron Landry- LSU- S
Best on the board.

10. Atlanta Falcons – Amobi Okoye – DT- Louisville
Falcons need pass rush for an already weak pass defense. They have an above average run defense, but they lack an above average pass rush, as they are right about in the middle of the league in sack count.

11. San Francisco 49ers – Dwayne Jarret –WR- USC
What we saw from the 49ers was great. Alex Smith had flashes of brilliance. Now the 49ers need to either go out and nab a F.A. WR or draft one, because if smith plays well consistently, this team has a shot to go further. Local talent from USC will assure Smith has tall receiver with good hands.

12. Buffalo Bills – Levi Brown- T- Penn State
The 9th most sacked team in the League needs to protect their developing QB. They might want to shift brown to the right side.

13. St. Louis Rams – Paul Posluszny- OLB/ ILB
No other choice, their linebacking core ****s. Paul played OLB in college, but switched to MLB his senior year. Either way your getting a rich man’s Demeco Ryans.

14. Carolina Panthers – Greg Olsen- TE – Miami
The talk about them going with Leonard Pope with a high 20’s pick last year obviously was for nothing, and they still need a TE. Gaines, their starting tight end caught the ball 15 times this year. He played in 16 Games.

15. Green Bay Packers – Reggie Nelson- S- Florida
Pretty mediocre pass defense, and Nelson will be a great counterpart to Collins, a rising star.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers – Ryan Kalil- C- USC
In Kalil’s own words, “I have 4.5 Speed, that’s unheard of at 285 pounds. They should give me the ball, it’s like keeping the Ferrari in the garage.” The steelers need a center, and although we know Kalil is a cocky ****, he’s good. Steelers need a great center. Don’t worry about taking a center in the middle of the first, Kalil is one of the best linemen in general in this draft.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars – Earl Everett- OLB- Florida
It’s a toss up between Timmons and Everett, so Jags fan, you can argue either way, but I say Fred Taylor puts in a word and tells them to take fellow Gator Everett.

18. Cinncinati Bengals – Brandon Merriweather- S- The U
Now the Bengals don’t have to worry about prospects with serious off the field anger/ drinking/ mcdonalds parking lot/ gun possession problems. They get the opposite in fact, a great player, with anger problems on the field. Lets hope the Bengals staff uses their heads and take a player who uses his head, rather his helmet. As a weapon. Really, though, good player, good ball skills, but wether the Bengals want another thug is probably iffy. They might want to go with Cedric Griffin.

19. Tennessee Titans - Ted Ginn Jr - WR - Ohio State
Solid target for Vincent. Great speed. Which means that the opposing team will have more trouble keeping both In check on the same play.

20. New York Giants - Marcus McCauley - CB – Fresno State
The giants have a pretty bad pass defense, They need a corner, and McCauley delivers.

21. Denver Broncos – Jake Long- OT- Michigan
Guess who runs Zone Blocking? The Wolverines! Guess who could use a right tackle cause George Foster sucks? Denver! Regarless that he is massive, it doesn’t matter, cause we would be replacing our starter, Foster , who was previously our biggest.

22. New England Patriots (f/SEA) – Jeff Sam… I quit. –WR- Notre Dame
The Patriots love players who can play, and while I don’t like him, he is a good fit for a team that has no talent at the position minus Jackson. Brady Needs a target.

23. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock - OG – Texas
Cowboys need a guard, Blalock is a very talented guard.
24. Kansas City Chiefs – Quinton Pitcock - DT - Ohio State
The chiefs lack a big time DT, and Simms is a bust.

25. Philadelphila Eagles – Lawrence Timmons - OLB – FSU
The Eagles have some young starters, nobody great, and Timmons might be considered a steal here.

26. New York Jets – Aaron Ross- CB- Texas
If the Jets Could add one think to an already astounding playoff run, it would be a great corner, and J. Miller might be gone.

27. Chicago Bears – Joe Newton - TE – Oregon State
Once again, another team that passed on Leonard Pope.
Time to add an big, athletic guy like Newton.

28. New England Patriots – Eric Weddle - CB/S – Utah
Once again, the Pats like players who can play, especially guys who can play multiple positions, and they don’t care tremendously about measurables or if they are reaching. (Cough*Mankins*Cough)

29. Indianapolis Colts – Buster Davis - MLB – FSU
The Colts pass on Willis, because the Colts need a run stuffer, who is a physical freak. The colts get their speed on the edges, and its’ high time they get someone who can wrap up once the play turns inside.

30. Baltimore Ravens – Patrick Willis- OLB – Ole Miss
What if Thomas Leaves? Lewis is aging too, and the ravens need help big time. Still, however one of the best D’s in the league.

31. New Orleans Saints – Demarcus Tyler- DT- NCST
The saints don’t have a very good run stuffer, like scott says, have given up on Sullivan, and this is the guy on the board. Actually played better with Williams, Lawson, and McCargo gone.

32. San Diego Chargers - Dwayne Bowe - WR – LSU
They need a WR for rivers.

sdpads24
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
32. San Diego Chargers - Dwayne Bowe - WR – LSU
They need a WR for rivers.

the chargers don't ''need'' a WR for Rivers but i could live with that pick

T-RICH49
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
24. Kansas City Chiefs – Quinton Pitcock - DT - Ohio State
The chiefs lack a big time DT, and Simms is a bust.

I like this pick alot.....NOT

art vandelay
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Jimmy misses on the Bills pick....

Buffalo Bills 1st Round Needs:

1. LB - Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, although I think Timmons fits our D better because Willis is only adequate in coverage. I have a personal problem with Poz but since he is a LB, he is an OK pick.
2. CB - This all depends on Clements but right now this is a sensible pick. Revis and McCauley are very overrated IMO and I would rather have Josh Wilson, Daymieon Hughes or Aaron Ross in the 2nd but Revis and McCauley are OK picks at this point.
3. OG - Justin Blalock. Period. Only guard which deserves the #12 spot.

Common picks that don't make sense:
1. OT Levi Brown - Many don't realize that our tackle and center spots are filled and set with outstanding Jason Peters at left tackle, Melvin Fowler at center and (former) rookie Terrance Pennington at right tackle. Fowler played suprisingly well this year and deserves to start again in 2007. Pennington started after the BYE week and played very well and behind him we have Brad Butler, both of which we drafted in 2006. Both guard positions need major upgrades, but tackle is not a position of need for the 1st round. A mid-to-late round (4-7) tackle could be added for depth purposes but we have our 2 starters there, so Levi Brown is not a sensible pick.

Crow
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
4. Oakland Raiders (via Cle) – Jamarcus Russell- QB- LSU
Why did Al Davis want Andrew Walter? Big Arm. Why did Al Davis want Aaron Brooks? Scrambling ability. Why does Al Davis want Jamarcus? The best of both worlds.

Damn dirty bronco fan.

draftguru151
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Kalil is an awful pick in the first round.

Don't really like the Landry pick for Miami either. Where is Alan Branch?

Jimmy
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
4. Oakland Raiders (via Cle) – Jamarcus Russell- QB- LSU
Why did Al Davis want Andrew Walter? Big Arm. Why did Al Davis want Aaron Brooks? Scrambling ability. Why does Al Davis want Jamarcus? The best of both worlds.

Damn dirty bronco fan.
because i have a humping dog as my avitar?

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
G, the Bears would be picking 29th at the highest, and Tight End is far and away the opposite of a need. Clark does exactly what the Bears want him to.

Jimmy
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
i read that pennington was not playing up to expections, which is why i had levi go as a right tackle. probably false info about pennington though, so you got me

Jimmy
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
considering grossman goes 3-21 one game then throws for 400 the next, he might need a big targer that provides a consistency in the air game. he cant rely on clark making 4-8 catches a game. im just saying, it will level out his play to have a big target

scar988
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
10. Atlanta Falcons – Amobi Okoye – DT- Louisville
Falcons need pass rush for an already weak pass defense. They have an above average run defense, but they lack an above average pass rush, as they are right about in the middle of the league in sack count.

DT is not a need. between Coleman, Grady Jackson, Babineaux and Shropshire we have both spots filled for at least 2 more years in both depth and starters. DE, S and RB are actual needs and we would get S Reggie Nelson here.

JT Jag
01-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Michael Griffin > Brandon Merriweather

Michael Griffin > Earl Everett for the Jaguars

Finsfan79
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
9. Miami Dolphins –Laron Landry- LSU- S
Best on the board.

I would like to get Jarrett there he is a much better talent then Landry

Spectre
01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Why would the Browns trade up for Quinn when we can just sit back and get a player we want? I hate the thought of us trading up, nor do I think it's likely.

Jimmy
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Why would the Browns trade up for Quinn when we can just sit back and get a player we want? I hate the thought of us trading up, nor do I think it's likely.

isnt there talk about the lions taking quinn?

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
considering grossman goes 3-21 one game then throws for 400 the next, he might need a big targer that provides a consistency in the air game. he cant rely on clark making 4-8 catches a game. im just saying, it will level out his play to have a big targetI think experience will level out his play more than a rookie tight end will. I don't think the Bears can afford to take a tight end when there are bigger needs that need to addressed.

Gridiron
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Why will Justin Miller be gone? He's one of the best kick returners in the NFL.

I'm not too sure we would pass on Patrick Willis.

01-03-2007, 03:59 PM
nice baltimore pick but the draft could have been better.

barber21shockey80
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Well some big things I saw wrong:
1. CJ won't fall past Washington.. Oakland, Detroit, Tampa or Washington would snag him although the Vikings would take him in a heart beat if they could.

2. I take it your a 'Cane fan? Olsen and Meriweather are good, but most likely not 1st rounders, let alone top 20. And while im on Meriweather, him and Weddle over Michael Griffin? I dont know man..

3. Levi Brown isnt entering.

4. Eh.. I'm not feelin' Everett over Timmons.. Im a huge Gator fan but I dont think that one works.

Some good things:
1. Jarrett to the 49ers. Jarretts stock is on the rise and I could see him doing what Jerry did in San Fran.. well maybe not THAT good.

2. Peterson to Houston.. They dont NEED him but he wants to play for the Texans or Cowboys because hes from Texas.

And some notes:
Lynch could go to Jets, Green Bay or Steelers..

Im likin the Giants pick.. I know a lot of people have us with McCauley and im a big fan of the pick..

I give it a B

The Dynasty
01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
7. Minnesota Vikings – Calvin Johnson - WR – Georgia Tech
Well, no reason he should fall any father, they need a WR badly, and Johnson is the best to offer.

:D :D :D Id be very happy on draft day if this happens.

1. CJ won't fall past Washington.. Oakland, Detroit, Tampa or Washington would snag him although the Vikings would take him in a heart beat if they could. I dont disagree but you just never know right? Who would have thought Oakland passes on Leinart and he falls to 10. Also who expected Packers to get rodgers at either 23rd or 24th pick?. You just never know. Also Washington has more needs than another WR. Since they got 2 last off season.

BlindSite
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
f- for massive fail

The Panthers have one or two needs, safety, solidity at linebacker, maybe slot receiver and that's it. Tight end is fine. We don't use them as receivers, if we did we'd use Jeff King who's been playing a fair bit latley.

KILLERSANTA
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
good cowboys pick

Caddy
01-03-2007, 07:58 PM
CJ thx

LB51
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
McCauley is bad

Beans
02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
McCauley is bad