27. Denver Broncos- USC OLB Keith Rivers

28. Chicago Bears- Clemson OT Barry Richardson

29. New Orleans Saints- Virginia Tech OLB Xavier Adibi

30. San Diego Chargers- Boston College OT Gosder Cherilus

31. San Francisco 49ers(f/IND)- USC DT Sedrick Ellis

32. New England Patriots- Nebraska CB Zack Bowman

Turtlepower
08-13-2007, 03:32 PM
As a Giants fan, I always say I don't like the Giants getting a RB in round 1 because I feel there is adequate RB depth in round 2. We also need an offensive tackle really bad as will be apparent this season.

As for the shocking pick, I was surprised that you had the Texans skip on McFadden. I know that they just signed Ahmad Green to a three-year deal, but he might not even make it through his second year at his age.

All in all, you put a lot of effort into it and besides me being a Giants fan who will always criticize anyone who has the Giants picking a RB like last year there were Raiders fans who criticized people who had them picking Russell.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree that the tackle position certainly needs to be addressed but I didn't feel that there was a tackle out there worth that pick. Stewart may be a bit of a reach too but I don't believe Brandon Jacobs is the long term solution at RB.

BuckNaked
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Vikings pick is pretty horrible. That is one of the last positions we need to address. We have Udeze, Erasmus James, Ray edwards and Darrion Scott. The pick makes no sense to me.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Vikings pick is pretty horrible. That is one of the last positions we need to address. We have Udeze, Erasmus James, Ray edwards and Darrion Scott. The pick makes no sense to me.

Last time I checked the Vikings got 8.5 sacks combined out of the 4 of them last season. Impressive!

KCJ58
08-13-2007, 04:39 PM
can't complain about the rams pick!

BuckNaked
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Last time I checked the Vikings got 8.5 sacks combined out of the 4 of them last season. Impressive!

Udeze and Scott started the whole year. They are not good pas rushers, they are more of run stuffers. They played because James was injured and Edwards was a rookie. Not to mention, we drafted Brian Robison who is another pass rusher. Let me list the positions we need more than DE. QB, WR, RG, RT, TE, DT, S.

Turtlepower
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Udeze and Scott started the whole year. They are not good pas rushers, they are more of run stuffers. They played because James was injured and Edwards was a rookie. Not to mention, we drafted Brian Robison who is another pass rusher. Let me list the positions we need more than DE. QB, WR, RG, RT, TE, DT, S.

Whenever anyone mentions drafting a QB in the first round, all Vikings fans yell at them and neg rep them and say that Jackson has been given no time and he is going to be great...

BuckNaked
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Whenever anyone mentions drafting a QB in the first round, all Vikings fans yell at them and neg rep them and say that Jackson has been given no time and he is going to be great...

Well, if we're picking third. It means Tarvaris sucked.

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Pittsburgh doesn't need a Corner.

Give us best DE/OLB (Tommy Blake of TCU or Vernon Gholston of OSU.)

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 07:01 PM

QB- Tavaris Jackson, give him time b/c I think he has the ability to be a good QB

WR-Sidney Rice, he'll be a starter there in short time b/c there aren't too many other legit options
WR- Aundrae Allison, with time this kid is going to be a big time player and put up some nice numbers

RG-There's no one worth the 3rd pick much less round 1

RT- Sam Baker isn't going to be the 3rd pick in the draft and if he is, it's a big mistake

DT- The Williams duo is still there and making a big time impact. Pat is towards the end of his career, but I think a big time pass rush next to them would make a world of difference

S- Kenny Phillips gone with the 2nd pick so again no one worthy.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Pittsburgh doesn't need a Corner.

Give us best DE/OLB (Tommy Blake of TCU or Vernon Gholston of OSU.)

Why would a give a tweener prospect if you're going to be moving to a 4-3 eventually

scar988
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Atlanta will not get Andre Woodson. he isn't worth a 1st round pick in any way and doesn't fit what Petrino would look for in a QB. we would get OT Barry Richardson here.

neko4
08-13-2007, 07:33 PM
1. Oakland Raiders- Michigan OT Jake Long- Love this pick, but doubt Davis will pick an OL.

6. Washington Redskins- LSU DT Glenn Dorsey-Perfect pick.

7. Miami Dolphins- Ole Miss OT Michael Oher- Value? Sam Baker>Oher

8. Detroit Lions- TCU DE Tommy Blake- Once again is he worth being picked here?

12. Tennessee Titans- LSU WR Early Doucet- I think he could go earlier.

13. Atlanta Falcons- Kentucky QB Andre Woodson- Lets see how Harrington does.

15. Green Bay Packers- San Jose State CB Dwight Lowery- Love it James Jones and Lowery will be the future (both San Jose State)

18. Jacksonville Jaguars- Hawaii QB Colt Brennan-Perfect pick

22. Dallas Cowboys- Texas A&M DT Red Bryant- I think they'll take a WR

24. Cincinnati Bengals- Virginia DE Chris Long- He's a little to big to be a 4-3 DE, if im not mistaken.

KCJ58
08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
i really like the pick for Miami but i think they would take Sam Baker

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
i really like the pick for Miami but i think they would take Sam Baker

I'm not a big Sam Baker fan so I have going lower than some may project

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
1. Oakland Raiders- Michigan OT Jake Long- Love this pick, but doubt Davis will pick an OL.

6. Washington Redskins- LSU DT Glenn Dorsey-Perfect pick.

7. Miami Dolphins- Ole Miss OT Michael Oher- Value? Sam Baker>Oher

8. Detroit Lions- TCU DE Tommy Blake- Once again is he worth being picked here?

12. Tennessee Titans- LSU WR Early Doucet- I think he could go earlier.

13. Atlanta Falcons- Kentucky QB Andre Woodson- Lets see how Harrington does.

15. Green Bay Packers- San Jose State CB Dwight Lowery- Love it James Jones and Lowery will be the future (both San Jose State)

18. Jacksonville Jaguars- Hawaii QB Colt Brennan-Perfect pick

22. Dallas Cowboys- Texas A&M DT Red Bryant- I think they'll take a WR

24. Cincinnati Bengals- Virginia DE Chris Long- He's a little to big to be a 4-3 DE, if im not mistaken.

Um, Chris Long is basically a better version of Justin Smith, though they may want an elite Pass rusher and I don't know if Long provides this.

KILLERSANTA
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't be mad ;)

neko4
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Um, Chris Long is basically a better version of Justin Smith, though they may want an elite Pass rusher and I don't know if Long provides this.

I just never think of Long as a pass rusher

BuckNaked
08-13-2007, 08:42 PM
QB- Tavaris Jackson, give him time b/c I think he has the ability to be a good QB

WR-Sidney Rice, he'll be a starter there in short time b/c there aren't too many other legit options
WR- Aundrae Allison, with time this kid is going to be a big time player and put up some nice numbers

RG-There's no one worth the 3rd pick much less round 1

RT- Sam Baker isn't going to be the 3rd pick in the draft and if he is, it's a big mistake

DT- The Williams duo is still there and making a big time impact. Pat is towards the end of his career, but I think a big time pass rush next to them would make a world of difference

S- Kenny Phillips gone with the 2nd pick so again no one worthy.

I think Tarvaris will be a good quarterback too. But, you seem to forget that you have us picking at #3 which means he probably didn't do too good of a job. So, in that case Brohm or Woodson would be the right selection. Also, i'd much rather take Sam Baker or Glenn Dorsey (whom we'll need if Williams leaves) than Campbell when it would be unecessary to upgrade at the position when we have other needs.

WMD
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I have a real hard time believing that a Safety would be taken #2 Overall.. Kenny Phillips is a great Safety prospect, but if you're picking #2 overall you likely have bigger needs than safety.

Xiomera
08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
DET - DE Tommy Blake, TCU

Right position, wrong player, IMO.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 09:19 PM
DET - DE Tommy Blake, TCU

Right position, wrong player, IMO.

I love Blake's abilities so I probably have him rated higher than most, but there's no doubt Detroit has address that position.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I like Richardson. Good Bears pick.

Caddy
08-14-2007, 03:20 AM
No complaints for the Buc pick. If we pick at #4 Chucky is gone and rebuilding begins, taking a QB would be ideal.

Mr. Stiller
08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Why would a give a tweener prospect if you're going to be moving to a 4-3 eventually

We're not moving towards a 4-3. Even if we do, Blake/Gholston would both be a killer 4-3 DE as well.

But Tomlin has stated he's sticking with the 3-4. LeBeau is going to coach as long as he wants and we're going to run the 3-4.

Don Vito
08-14-2007, 09:18 AM
I like the Zach Bowman pick a lot for NE, but I am not sold on Connor as a 3-4 ILB quite yet. He has been a great college player up to this point but I don't know if he has the bulk or run-stuffing dominance to play in the heart of the Pats' 3-4.

CincinnatiBengals15
08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Perfect pick for the Bengals that is the most needed area the DL