PDA

View Full Version : Mike Teel's chance in the nfl?

TimD
08-13-2007, 06:53 PM
He's only a junior now... I know he sometimes makes poor decisions and he's got ray rice behind him but i think he could be a day 2 pick in '09... I think he could make a good backup and if he was under a knowledgeable vet i think he could one day be a starter... just my opinion

SunDevil450
08-13-2007, 10:47 PM
there is no way teel gets to the nfl at his current level at play. Teel can barely play his role and i would be surprised to see him drafted

Jonny
08-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Teel looked much better down the stretch last year once the WRs improved, and is having a great camp. I wouldn't put too much weight on struggles as a sophomore, he still has two years to improve.

He's not an elite prospect or anything but he's tall and has a big arm. That's what the NFL looks for.

neko4
08-14-2007, 01:38 AM
journeyman at best
But whatever gets him the paycheck!

EddieRoyalVT4
08-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.

TimD
08-14-2007, 01:51 AM
hart didnt have the attention teel is going to get... teel has some pretty good recievers that are young so if he plays smart i think he'll get drafted

neko4
08-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.

Its a little early to judge which one will be better dont ya think?

Jughead10
08-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.

Jonny
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM

Ryan Hart didn't have a positive TD/INT ratio until his senior year. He was a homeless man's Chad Pennington. Some random guy off the street would have more arm strength.

Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.

Er, what? That's not true at all. Schiano was itching to play Teel two years ago over Hart. He is absolutely infatuated with Teel.

Jughead10
08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.

RyanLeaf#1
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.

neko4
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.

RyanLeaf#1
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.

I understand what your saying thats why I said he still has time to improve his skills and maybe get drafted, but who knows.

Jonny
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.

"Some" fans upset by his poor first half. Natale is unlikely to ever see the field because of his elbow injury. Teel is lightyears ahead of Lovelace and Etienne at this point.

I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.

Kingsbury/Symons were system QBs all the way. No one thought they'd do anything. Teel at least plays in a pro-style offense, and he has two years left. No one knows how he'll do, but the one thing we can point at is Teel was much better at the end of the year as Britt and Brown emerged as true freshmen. Smoker's problem was more that he had substance abuse issues iirc.

RyanLeaf#1
08-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Even though Kingsbury and Symons were system quarterbacks they were still pretty good.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Mike Teel has a funny release.

scottyboy
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
hart was awful. please stop comparing the two. Hart had some decent TD numbers but his INT's nd mistakes were through the roof. please watch some RU football for a while before you talk abuot the most recent and current QB. the only other people so far in this thread who prob know what they're talking about are Jug and maybe Jonny.

and teel has always been pushed by Lovelace and Natale

josh07039
08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't know what will happen with Teel, but you guys are being way too hard on Ryan Hart. He played on bad teams and had so much pressure thrust upon him. He had good mobility and not as terrible an arm as everyone is saying. I'm still pissed that Schiano played Teel over Hart for a couple games.

Jughead10
08-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't know what will happen with Teel, but you guys are being way too hard on Ryan Hart. He played on bad teams and had so much pressure thrust upon him. He had good mobility and not as terrible an arm as everyone is saying. I'm still pissed that Schiano played Teel over Hart for a couple games.

My buddy who didn't even play High School football destroyed Ryan Hart in a throwing accuracy competition two years ago at the ESPN Zone in times square. He wasn't the only one either.