http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/sbxxxii/image/hist/csb1starr.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/madnessmike/SB2.jpg
http://www.canoe.ca/1997SuperBowl/jan26_howard.jpg
Well whod ya think i was gonna pick?
But seriously, homerfest waiting to happen

JK17
08-13-2007, 11:06 PM
But seriously, homerfest waiting to happen

That's ridiculous, there's no way this could turn into a homerfest....

But clearly it's going to be San Diego to win everything, it couldn't be more obvious...

:p

NoLa Saints
08-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I meant to put saints instead of the steelers... i can't figure out how to edit the poll...rrr

NoLa Saints
08-13-2007, 11:20 PM
If one of the mods can change steelers to the saints i would greatly appreciate it

PalmerToCJ
08-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Why are there NFC teams on the list :D

I'm going to go with the boring pick and say the Patriots. Even though they added a lot of people and the chemistry may take a little bit to develop between Brady and the WR's he's still way better off than last year when he wasn't far from the SB.

Every other team just has more question marks (Chargers-New staff, Colts-changes on D and Ugoh/Addai handling the full load etc.)

Packers-Cardinals
08-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm going to go with the Chargers. They have Rivers, Merriman, Gates, and Tomlinson, a good and young offensive line, a good defensive line and not too bad of a secondary. They have 3 players who are the best at their position in the NFL. They're the most talented team in the league. And finally, I have a vision that they're going to win it.

TitleTown088
08-13-2007, 11:30 PM
This list of choices dosen't completely make sense to me. Why the hell is Pitt/panthers up there and not other mediocre teams from las year? Where is NO?

fenikz
08-13-2007, 11:35 PM
The Cardinals are gonna be the 1st team to win the Superbowl at home...DUH

but seriously I think the Panthers have a good shot, they are flying under a lot of peoples radars and they still have a great D, a good line, plus a lot for weapons on offense

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!aaa

RaiderNation
08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
unfortuantly......... patriots

7-11
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
here comes the homer from within, gonna be seein a repeat people

seriously but theyre being written off by alot of people but i think theyre defense (improvements in the secondary and linebacker and hopefully more consistent line play) will be improved and their offense is going to get back to record breaking form

Beans
08-14-2007, 12:07 AM
san fransisco

Crazy_Chris
08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I think the Baltimore Ravens are going to win it all.

jkpigskin
08-14-2007, 06:28 AM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Ray-Lewis-Super-Bowl-XXXV-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10053159.jpeg

i know, im biased

bored of education
08-14-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm a KC fan and I hate to say that the Super Bowl Champ is comming from AFC West and won't be KC. (Denver, I think Cutler to Walker wil be good for at least 11, Henry is good for about 1333, Champ and Bly are good for 13 INTs and Denver will actually put some pressure on the QB's)

duckseason
08-14-2007, 07:54 AM
I think the fact that there are 11 teams with equal or better odds (according to bodog) than Dallas, is good reason to drop some cash on my Cowboys. I objectively see them as a top 6 team at this point. The other teams I'd consider putting some money on would be Jacksonville (30-1) and St. Louis (38-1.) Especially considering that teams like the 9ers and Seahawks pay about half as much at 18-1 and 20-1 with about an equal or lesser chance to actually pull it off. So, from a gambling perspective, my money is on the Cowboys, Jaguars and Rams.

Realistically, I think the Patriots are obviously the safest bet. That roster scares the crap outta me. They've got a pretty tough schedule this year (@Cincy, Dallas, Baltimore, Indy and also the re-match at home against an angry Charger squad.) But I think come playoff time they'll be the team to beat.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Norv Turner will never win any super bowl as a head coach. The Patriots barely lost in the AFC Championship game on the road last year. They are the most improved team this year and should definitly go to the super bowl. And the Bears, Eagles, Saints, or any other NFC team will not win the super bowl against the likes of the AFC Powerhouses.

mil_brew_fan
08-14-2007, 10:41 AM
The New Orleans Saints will win it all... in a pathetic NFC with the dynamic offense they have, the Saints will sail through to the Super Bowl and defeat the Patriots 31-14

P-L
08-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I think the Pats have to be the favorite. Last year they got about as close to the Super Bowl possible, without actually getting there and they improved this off-season. The Colts took a step back (losing Tarik Glenn, injury to McFarland, and defensive losses) and I don't feel like the Chargers did all that much to improve (I'm not so sure that the hiring of Norv Turner wasn't a step back).

PalmerToCJ
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I think the Pats have to be the favorite. Last year they got about as close to the Super Bowl possible, without actually getting there and they improved this off-season. The Colts took a step back (losing Tarik Glenn, injury to McFarland, and defensive losses) and I don't feel like the Chargers did all that much to improve (I'm not so sure that the hiring of Norv Turner wasn't a step back).

Everything you said is pretty much the basis for why I picked New England as well. If Denver had a vet QB I'd give them a shot with their improved running game and additions on defense but at this point I think they'll fall to New England whenever they meet them in the playoffs.

A Perfect Score
08-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Hmm, interesting interesting...for me, i think the Ravens are a good solid pick, they have a solid defense, although replacing thomas will be more difficult then alot of people think...mcnair is a vet with some new toys on offense (mcgahee, mark clayton developing, demetrius williams as well) if their oline can open some holes for mcgahee i see a big year from them...that the AFC, as for the NFC, im gunna pick dallas...for me, they have everything a team needs to win the SB...a star studded defense, finally with a solid safety next to roy williams...although hamlin isnt a great center fielder, him and williams are gunna rock a whole lot of recievers...and they have a great LBs, with three out of their 5 first rounders have been LBs (carpenter, ware, and spencer) and on offense, they have a stud WR, a good combo of RB and a QB who can manage the game effectively if he can bounce back from that disasterous playoff moment.

Dallas-Baltimore Super bowl for me

Boston
08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I couldn't help but notice the Packers weren't on your list. So I voted Ravens.

bearfan
08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I think if any NFC teams have a chance at all, it would be the Saints, Cowboys, and Bears (and possibly the Eagles). I dont think though any of those teams are nearly as good as the Pats, Chargers or Colts *but who knows on the Colts after losing some of their defense*. I think the top NFC teams could give teams like the Bengals, Ravens and the Steelers a run for their money

08-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I think if any NFC teams have a chance at all, it would be the Saints, Cowboys, and Bears (and possibly the Eagles). I dont think though any of those teams are nearly as good as the Pats, Chargers or Colts *but who knows on the Colts after losing some of their defense*. I think the top NFC teams could give teams like the Bengals, Ravens and the Steelers a run for their money
But of course the Broncos would decimate all of them, which is why you didn't even bother to mention them, it goes without saying.

bearfan
08-14-2007, 12:31 PM
But of course the Broncos would decimate all of them, which is why you didn't even bother to mention them, it goes without saying.

Forgot about the Broncos. The only question about them is how well Jay Cutler will do this season (which I think he will do well). Also how well the defensive line plays. If Cutler can have a 18-25 TD season w/ minimal mistakes, I can see the Broncos having a good chance of winning it all.

Vikes99ej
08-14-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.seowebworks.com/tickets/nfl/hosutoncarr145.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/26041127.jpg

http://www.houstonphotog.com/blog/images/20060522091416_texansol.jpg

Mr. Stiller
08-14-2007, 12:37 PM

I don't know.

I don't know if NO Overacheived last year or not. With no real upgrades to that LB or DB Core I don't know if they have the defensive talent to do so.

Chicago is always tough, but they need solid play out of Grossman and I have yet to see him be solid.

Cowboys lie on that Offensive line and Tony Romo. Their defense is good, not great. I don't know if adding Hamlin has really provided the over the top help that they lacked last year.

Eagles need McNabb to stay healthy. The last seasons he did they made it to the NFC. I think they're playing without a true #1 WR. And With any injuries on their aging defense could cause major problems.

As for the Saints having 2 votes.. one of those were mine for the Steelers.

I think the Steelers are being counted out too early like in 2k5.

bearfan
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't know.

I don't know if NO Overacheived last year or not. With no real upgrades to that LB or DB Core I don't know if they have the defensive talent to do so.

Chicago is always tough, but they need solid play out of Grossman and I have yet to see him be solid.

Cowboys lie on that Offensive line and Tony Romo. Their defense is good, not great. I don't know if adding Hamlin has really provided the over the top help that they lacked last year.

Eagles need McNabb to stay healthy. The last seasons he did they made it to the NFC. I think they're playing without a true #1 WR. And With any injuries on their aging defense could cause major problems.

As for the Saints having 2 votes.. one of those were mine for the Steelers.

I think the Steelers are being counted out too early like in 2k5.

I dont think that NO overachieved last year, and if they did, it was very little. The added Brian SImmons at LB, I think that can be counted as an improvement. The LB group I can count as solid, which IMO is good enough for another playoff run. And then there is the offense which w/ a years experience under their belt along w/ playing together it should be just as potent as last year if not more.

And good analysis on the Bears, but this year its more than Grossman that need to step up. Cedric Benson also needs to show that he can handle the load, and he needs to prove that he is as good as he says. The Bears are also an injury or 2 away from dropping a few games. Last year when Harris hot hurt, our run defense took a massive hit, and it showed. If we lose Mike Brown again, I think that our depth at S is pretty deep w/ Daniel Manning, and Brandon McGowan.

I think you under estimate the Cowboys defense. Ware is turning into a monster, the LB group is legit, and the Dline is pretty good as well. The 2ndary is above average w/ Newman and Williams, and Hamlin should help out some. But agreed on Romo and the line.

I agree w. the Eagles 100%. Everything is up to McNabb now. Last year when he got hurt they had Garcia who had been a proven starter in his earlier career. Now they dont have him, or anyone who has proven themselves. The defense is good, Westbrook is finally coming into his own, and OL is solid. And you hit the nail on the head at WR. Reggie Brown is good, but he needs to prove that he can play the #1, he just needs to break out.

Addict
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd like to say Lions, but I'll be realistic: Pats, maybe Chargers.

bmoreravens5289
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Ray-Lewis-Super-Bowl-XXXV-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10053159.jpeg

i know, im biased

hey, i voted for that team too! no way! :)

PACKmanN
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Jacksonville Jags or San Diego Chargers.

bored of education
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Would the Jets be a sleeper pick????

I think it will be Rams, Jets, Broncos or Ravens

Ewing
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
For everyone picking New Orleans keep in mind nobody has ever repeated as champion of the NFC South.

bearfan
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM

I dont think Jets getting into the playoffs is unrealistic. Heck, Im bankin on it, but winning the superbowl is going to be real hard for them pending on who they will have to play.

awfullyquiet
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM

Yeah, the jets are totally a sleeper.

But they have a hard time en route. Hope they can rack up W's vs the pats or else that diminishes their chances. sure, the Pats have gotten some increased weapons. The jets got a year older, which for them is probably just as important. Oh, and they got a real running back in Jones... A young but ever improving defense, and maybe a real corner... I'm not sure how they'll match up, considering I feel the pats are going to go very wide with 4-5 WO's to mix up their short/deep passing... and with the quality depth of recievers, i don't know how anyone can really defend Stallworth, Moss, Welker, and Caldwell with Brady tossing the rock, it will be hard, for sure. If they can use their LBs to blow up the short passing game, It's a possibility the jets will be able to take the Pats down.
I do like their playoff chances especially if the jets and pats meet in the post-season early. Belichek is obviously the most dramatic gameplanner there is, if he can't figure out how to exploit the jets in the first two regular season games... i don't know if he'll be able to do it on the third try (although messing with the sheer willpower of tom brady is messing with the hand of god)...

Brent
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
there isnt an option for "Other"... I'll go with a non homer pick: SF

cardsalltheway
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
For everyone picking New Orleans keep in mind nobody has ever repeated as champion of the NFC South.

By that logic I can assume you're picking the Colts to win the AFC South. I mean they've never lost it, what possible reason would there be to think a trend would change?

Paul
08-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Pssshh. The Cowboys are going to win the Superbowl twice this year. How about that.

This thread and poll is stupid :rolleyes:

EdReedUnstoppable
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
If they stay healthy I love the Seahawks to win it all.

keylime_5
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Hasselbeck isn't good enough. Shaun might be over the hill, at least over the hill behind that offensive line.

Ewing
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
By that logic I can assume you're picking the Colts to win the AFC South. I mean they've never lost it, what possible reason would there be to think a trend would change?

Yes, I'll be picking the defending Super Bowl champions to win their division.

Crazy_Chris
08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Hasselbeck isn't good enough. Shaun might be over the hill, at least over the hill behind that offensive line.

Your kidding right?? Hasselbeck is DEFINATLY good enough to win the Superbowl. Shuan is not over the hill at all yet he really put it together towards the end of last year when he came back from injury. Their offensive line of course isn't what it was a couple of years ago but its good enough to get the job done. IMO the seahawks are the most complete team in the NFC

Crazy_Chris
08-14-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.seowebworks.com/tickets/nfl/hosutoncarr145.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/26041127.jpg

http://www.houstonphotog.com/blog/images/20060522091416_texansol.jpg

Great Choice EJ, I agree the Texans are definatly going to win the superbowl! :) [/sarcasim]

joercky
08-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I hate to say this because I don't like the Ravens but I think with Billick calling the plays year round and Haloti Ngata not being a rookie any longer that the Ravens are going to win it. Ngata is a stud at DT and Clayton is going to break out this year. Writing is nauseating but the Ravens are going to win it all mark it down.

Ewing
08-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I hate to say this because I don't like the Ravens but I think with Billick calling the plays year round and Haloti Ngata not being a rookie any longer that the Ravens are going to win it. Ngata is a stud at DT and Clayton is going to break out this year. Writing is nauseating but the Ravens are going to win it all mark it down.

If McNair hoists the Lombardi Trophy in a Ravens uniform then I will pull a Cobain.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
If McNair hoists the Lombardi Trophy in a Ravens uniform then I will pull a Cobain.

I'll celebrate the victory then try to think of a way to give him no credit at all, and hope he retires!

jag
08-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm cool with everyone sleeping on the Jags. You'll all just be that much more stunned when we explode onto the scene....

TACKLE
08-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Super Bowl Prediction:

New England Patriots 28 Carolina Panthers 23

08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
My SB Prediction:

Denver-49405769576406469740370345995769587993475093475093 476597850289097037950746707057754397509476^4
Dallas- -4.

Packers-Cardinals
08-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Great Choice EJ, I agree the Texans are definatly going to win the superbowl! :) [/sarcasim]

The Texans are certainly making strides on defense.

Addict
08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
The Texans are certainly making strides on defense.

too bad they have no O-line and Ahman Green as their top runner. But they're coming together on D, I agree. They could still need some linebackers (outside) and some safeties, but they're getting there.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
As an Eagles fan, I voted for the...(You think I'm going to be a homer don't you, well just scroll down and see...)

The Chargers. They have the best blend of talent and have great players all over the field. As long as none of their major players miss extended time, they should be a Superbowl contender. And barring any playoff mishaps, I see the Chargers beating the Ravens for the AFC title, and beating the Eagles in the Superbowl. (I truly believe the Eagles will win the NFC, not homerism.) I really wanted the Eagles to win it, but this is how I see it happening this season. In case anyone is interested, which you probably aren't, I have the Eagles beating the Rams for the NFC titile. But there it is, San Diego Chargers, Superbowl XLII Champions.