PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just wow...........

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 04:44 PM
" TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) -- A Japanese biker failed to notice his leg had been severed below the knee when he hit a safety barrier, and rode on for 2 km (1.2 miles), leaving a friend to pick up the missing limb.

The 54-year-old office worker was out on his motorcycle with a group of friends in the city of Hamamatsu, west of Tokyo, on Monday, when he was unable to negotiate a curve in the road and bumped into the central barrier, the Mainichi Shimbun said.

He felt excruciating pain, but did not notice that his right leg was missing until he stopped at the next junction, the paper quoted local police as saying.

The man and his leg were taken to hospital, but the limb had been crushed in the collision, the paper said."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/14/japan.biker.reut/index.html

BuckNaked
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
" TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) -- A Japanese biker failed to notice his leg had been severed below the knee when he hit a safety barrier, and rode on for 2 km (1.2 miles), leaving a friend to pick up the missing limb.

The 54-year-old office worker was out on his motorcycle with a group of friends in the city of Hamamatsu, west of Tokyo, on Monday, when he was unable to negotiate a curve in the road and bumped into the central barrier, the Mainichi Shimbun said.

He felt excruciating pain, but did not notice that his right leg was missing until he stopped at the next junction, the paper quoted local police as saying.

The man and his leg were taken to hospital, but the limb had been crushed in the collision, the paper said."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/14/japan.biker.reut/index.html

That's one tough mofo.

Boston
08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
How do you not notice your leg is missing when you essentially need both legs to peddle a bike? Maybe he was dropped as a kid...on his head...hard.

UKfan
08-14-2007, 05:02 PM
How do you not notice your leg is missing when you essentially need both legs to peddle a bike? Maybe he was dropped as a kid...on his head...hard.

It was a motorcycle...

Boston
08-14-2007, 05:07 PM
It was a motorcycle...

Whatever. It's still completely ridiculous.

BuckNaked
08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe he just wanted to be on CNN.

HoopsDemon12
08-14-2007, 05:18 PM
WOW that would hurt so much... that guy is amazing...... amazingly dumb

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
hopefully he had a Band-Aid with him

BigDawg819
08-14-2007, 05:41 PM
hopefully he had a Band-Aid with him

Or some Tussin'! :D

'cuse-213
08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
haha sucks for his friend. "Hey chow! you dropped your leg!"

ripdw27
08-14-2007, 09:47 PM
damn i would notice if i got a cut on my leg.. this guys ridin around with one leg n blood drippin from the knee down? it amazes me he dint pass out or anything you think that would be a looot of pain.

08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Real men for the win!!

Xiomera
08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
That's nothing . . . I once lost my entire left side in a battle . . . it grew back good as new . . . thanks to my chameleon DNA.

Vikes99ej
08-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I heard some story about a lady who had lived with a knife in her back for like a year.

Beans
08-14-2007, 10:46 PM
That guy deserves a beer.

drowe
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
i question this story.

i think this moron just embellished after the fact in an effort to make news.

1-on a motorcycle, your feet rest on peddles. don't ya think a guy would notice that he didn't have a foot to put on said peddle?

2-blood loss---we're not talking about losing part of a finger here. blood would poor outa that gaping hole so fast, it's really hard to imagine him still functioning.

3-obviously the pain...seriously, you just crashed your motorcycle and hurt yourself. don't ya think you'd want to check the damage to the bike and MAYBE your leg.

here's how i think it went.

-duder crashes his bike and immediately realizes that he is without the services of his leg.

-he panics and tries to catch up to his buddies to let them know that kinda hurt himself.

-as an afterthought, he thinks....'hmmm..maybe that leg would be good to have.' sends his buddy back to get it.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
i question this story.

i think this moron just embellished after the fact in an effort to make news.

1-on a motorcycle, your feet rest on peddles. don't ya think a guy would notice that he didn't have a foot to put on said peddle?

2-blood loss---we're not talking about losing part of a finger here. blood would poor outa that gaping hole so fast, it's really hard to imagine him still functioning.

3-obviously the pain...seriously, you just crashed your motorcycle and hurt yourself. don't ya think you'd want to check the damage to the bike and MAYBE your leg.

here's how i think it went.

-duder crashes his bike and immediately realizes that he is without the services of his leg.

-he panics and tries to catch up to his buddies to let them know that kinda hurt himself.

-as an afterthought, he thinks....'hmmm..maybe that leg would be good to have.' sends his buddy back to get it.

Or the story makes sense since he hit a guard rail which could tear off his leg, send him into shock thus enabling him not to realize his leg had been torn off, and depending on what speed he was going upon impact the damage to the remaining piece of limb could have semi-sealed from the "road rash" effect so as to not bleed profusely. CNN is usually know for true reporting.

RyanLeaf#1
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
That is crazy. So what was he doin just sitten there with one leg and his balls on the seat....

drowe
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Or the story makes sense since he hit a guard rail which could tear off his leg, send him into shock thus enabling him not to realize his leg had been torn off, and depending on what speed he was going upon impact the damage to the remaining piece of limb could have semi-sealed from the "road rash" effect so as to not bleed profusely. CNN is usually know for true reporting.

yeah, but, don't ya think it'd effect his balance too? i mean, he probably had both feet resting on something. not having one foot would probably cause him to at least wabble a little bit....and maybe wonder why.

i know it COULD happen. i'm just skeptical.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
yeah, but, don't ya think it'd effect his balance too? i mean, he probably had both feet resting on something. not having one foot would probably cause him to at least wabble a little bit....and maybe wonder why.

i know it COULD happen. i'm just skeptical.

It was on CNN.com so I feel it tends to give it some credibility.

mcdlaxbonz13
08-15-2007, 10:05 PM
or the guy had been highly drugged up on opium or some other form of drugs

08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
He would not realise he did not have his feet on the one pedal most likely due to phantom feelings.

Staubach12
08-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Wow. Sometimes a have a small cut and don't notice. One time I had a gash in my arm and didn't notice for a while. But losing a limb and not noticing? I've never pulled that one off.

08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Wow. Sometimes a have a small cut and don't notice. One time I had a gash in my arm and didn't notice for a while. But losing a limb and not noticing? I've never pulled that one off.

You have obviously never been shark hunting!!