PDA

View Full Version : Is NExx the best Sig maker

03-28-2006, 03:45 PM
I say yes, some of y'all have seen his work and it is flat out amazing.

jetsfan3
03-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Him and D-Unit depending on what you want. If you want a sig with one guy, D-Unit. If you want multiple players and animation, Nexx is the best.

danman253
03-28-2006, 03:46 PM
duh.

03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Definitley not. AD is better IMO, and depending on what stillaraiderfan pulls out of his ass for me, I might label him better as well. I'm not a fan of the Nexx style sigs but many people are and more power to him for it.

snuff
03-28-2006, 03:52 PM
AD.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Definitley not. AD is better IMO, and depending on what stillaraiderfan pulls out of his ass for me, I might label him better as well. I'm not a fan of the Nexx style sigs but many people are and more power to him for it.

Haha

I'm not even on their level, not even close! :P

bearfan
03-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I think Nexx has the highest level of sig knowledge, its just to me his sigs are kind of getting old. He is a great sig maker though probably the best

CGF 216/137
03-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Nexx's sigs have the collest animation but I like CF, AD and Snuff more.

VoteLynnSwan
03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I think Nexx has the highest level of sig knowledge, its just to me his sigs are kind of getting old. He is a great sig maker though probably the best

it's just you...

the thing with nexx is that he does graphic design for a living, obviously he's gonna be a machine. He actually has purchased photoshop, unlike the rest of us who get bootleg copies and free trials...

bearfan
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM

it's just you...

the thing with nexx is that he does graphic design for a living, obviously he's gonna be a machine. He actually has purchased photoshop, unlike the rest of us who get bootleg copies and free trials...

I am not saying that he isnt the Best. He is the best. its just his same style is getting old to me

Tobzilla
03-28-2006, 04:13 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth...I love you. :D

CT Bronco Fan
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Who is nexx, and where can i get one of his sigs? are they free?

03-28-2006, 04:23 PM

yeah, his name is Raidernexx

VoteLynnSwan
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM

just pm Raidernexx, and see if he'll hook you up with one.

AlexDown
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
I still think the sig I have by snuff is one of the best made Michigan ones I have seen.

VoteLynnSwan
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I still think the sig I have by snuff is one of the best made Michigan ones I have seen.

Nerv's sig by snuff is better.

Draft King
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Raidernexx is definitly the best sig maker on this site, not even close.

Vince Lombardi
03-28-2006, 04:36 PM
This is kinda stupid really. Sigmaking is way too objective of an artform for anybody to truely be considered the best. Everybody has different tastes. The only thing anybody should care about is developing their own originality/style, not being the "best". I know Nexx would agree because I've had this same exact conversation with him before. With all that said, I don't think it's a secret to anyone just how talented Nexx is with graphics. That's why he makes his living doing them (not sigs, but other graphics related jobs).

People fail to realise that all of us, from the guys who are professionals to those of us who are new to graphics and just make sigs for fun, are doing this free of charge, spending our own time just to make these graphics for people for free. Sometimes It really bothers me when people fail to realise that and they get demanding or refuse a (FREE!) sig from somebody because they don't think they're a good enough sigmaker.

AlexDown
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
This is kinda stupid really. Sigmaking is way too objective of an artform for anybody to truely be considered the best. Everybody has different tastes. The only thing anybody should care about is developing their own originality/style, not being the "best". I know Nexx would agree because I've had this same exact conversation with him before. With all that said, I don't think it's a secret to anyone just how talented Nexx is with graphics. That's why he makes his living doing them (not sigs, but other graphics related jobs).

I really liked your old avatar and sig, the black and white ones. Did you make that yourself?

Vince Lombardi
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM

I really liked your old avatar and sig, the black and white ones. Did you make that yourself?

Thanks. Yeah, I've made a few VL sigs. It doesn't quite feel right without one (though I do like my current one), so I may make a new one for myself in the future.

CalBears99
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I've seen some of his sigs and they are really really good. Bearfan54 is pretty good too.

Jimmy
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I've seen some of his sigs and they are really really good. Bearfan54 is pretty good too.

dude look at mine from nexx

jetsfan3
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM

dude look at mine from nexx

I know, I'm jealous because all of the sigs he made for others are better than mine, but still, mine is great except I don't want Jay Cutler anymore . . .

70challenger457
03-28-2006, 04:53 PM
IDK guys, I think i've been most impressed by VLS

D-Unit
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I like Nexx's sigs! I think he adds value to the forum by making sigs for everyone.

Me? I don't consider myself a sig maker.

I've made a few, but really only do it when I'm in the mood... and I don't make them for everybody... and I'm lazy. Animation takes me too much time though I've done some in the past.

I don't even like some of my own sigs... Like the one I have now. I just whipped that one up in a few minutes. I'll probably change it soon.

I think Clover Jeez is underrated. I like his stuff a lot.

But a poll or vote or something is not really a true indicator of who's best anyways cause people will just vote for the guy who make their sig! LOL.

bearfan
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM

(bow)

thanks, but I am nowhere as good as Nexx, Vince Adi, Clover, VLS.
But It is good, that I am finally getting recognition from my fellow people who I have made sigs for. You just made my day :D

CalBears99
03-28-2006, 05:05 PM

(bow)

But It is good, that I am finally getting recognition from my fellow people who I have made sigs for. You just made my day :D
yeah homes! the sig bearfan54 made for me is nasty tho, u guys have to admit

VoteLynnSwan
03-28-2006, 05:09 PM
IDK guys, I think i've been most impressed by VLS

i may just need to make you a sig for that... :D pm me later if you want one.

jetsfan3
03-28-2006, 05:10 PM

(bow)

But It is good, that I am finally getting recognition from my fellow people who I have made sigs for. You just made my day :DYou attempted to make me one and it was great, just Nexx was greater.

CGF 216/137
03-28-2006, 05:10 PM

Funny that I hate you.

CalBears99
03-28-2006, 05:12 PM

Funny that I hate you.
Oh, that's not very nice.

Raidernexx
03-28-2006, 05:12 PM

People fail to realise that all of us, from the guys who are professionals to those of us who are new to graphics and just make sigs for fun, are doing this free of charge, spending our own time just to make these graphics for people for free. Sometimes It really bothers me when people fail to realise that and they get demanding or refuse a (FREE!) sig from somebody because they don't think they're a good enough sigmaker.

Man VL, I'm just gonna co-sign on this entire statement.
Thanks for pointing all of this out!
Not that I don't appreciate the kind comments, but everyone who takes the time to do free artwork for someone else on this forum or any other forum deserves props and respect whether they're just beginning or have been using Photoshop since birth.

I've always said, "I know my stuff ain't gonna be everybody's cup-o-tea, but it's not about that."
That said, am I the "best sig maker?" The answer is an emphatic "no".
I hope I don't offend any other sig makers out there by saying this, but "there is no such thing as the best sig maker!"

Just as a comparison: You can't say that Picasso was a better artist than Dali. I may like Dali's work more than Picasso, but it's all just preference.
If you're a sig maker "have fun doing it!"
If you're requesting a sig, be thankful to the person who's taking the time to do it for you, no matter how experienced they may be.

Nexx

CGF 216/137
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM

My old LT sig was one of my favorites I've ever seen and thus snuff is amazing.

CGF 216/137
03-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Man VL, I'm just gonna co-sign on this entire statement.
Thanks for pointing all of this out!
Not that I don't appreciate the kind comments, but everyone who takes the time to do free artwork for someone else on this forum or any other forum deserves props and respect whether they're just beginning or have been using Photoshop since birth.

I've always said, "I know my stuff ain't gonna be everybody's cup-o-tea, but it's not about that."
That said, am I the "best sig maker?" The answer is an emphatic "no".
I hope I don't offend any other sig makers out there by saying this, but "there is no such thing as the best sig maker!"

Just as a comparison: You can't say that Picasso was a better artist than Dali. I may like Dali's work more than Picasso, but it's all just preference.
If you're a sig maker "have fun doing it!"
If you're requesting a sig, be thankful to the person who's taking the time to do it for you, no matter how experienced they may be.

Nexx

Definately agree with taht and your sigs are impressive, I'm just a bigger fan of static sigs which is why I think that AD, Snuff and CG are my favorites.

Tobzilla
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM

Funny that I hate you.

So you're saying its over then? :cry: :evil: :wink:

bearfan
03-28-2006, 06:01 PM

(bow)

yeah homes! the sig bearfan54 made for me is nasty tho, u guys have to admit

yeah, but I can do better now. That was when I first learned to use brushes

Vince Lombardi
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM

My old LT sig was one of my favorites I've ever seen and thus snuff is amazing.

That LT sig is one of my favorites too. I really like snuffs work, it's too bad he doesn't make sigs too often though.

vatech=accdomination
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
ill go ahead and put my 2 cents in, he makes amazing animation, but for a non-animated sig, i love the style Adi uses, it looks great, i also think that CF and clover are two of the best, and of course you cant forget about D-Unit.

ANBC
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Obviously, with all the names thrown around in this thread, there are many good sig makers, but don't forget scar989. He has made many great sigs.

DHVF
03-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I agree with you guys, there is no best sigmaker. If there was though, I wouldn't be anywhere near the middle or top. :)

D-Unit
03-29-2006, 12:37 AM
I did make a wallpaper a couple of weeks ago... Nothing fancy...

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5615/wallpapercarp4j7zd.jpg

Nerv
03-29-2006, 12:45 AM
There are a lot of good sig makers on this site. It is cool that people take the time to take requests and make these graphics for others. I enjoy the sig Snuff made for me as well as the work of all the other sig guys.

clover_jeez
03-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Thanks D-Unit, i too believe im underrated :D .

I think Nexx techy sigs are awesome. i dont think i could do something like that unless i spent hours teaching myself.

VoteLynnSwan
03-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks D-Unit, i too believe im underrated :D .

I think Nexx techy sigs are awesome. i dont think i could do something like that unless i spent hours teaching myself.

i love your present sig, and was very pleased when i saw that you used it as your banner for your site.

clover_jeez
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
here is my latest make

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6677/bradsmithcopy7vc.th.gif (http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bradsmithcopy7vc.gif)

Xonraider
03-29-2006, 04:15 PM
:cry:

KILLERSANTA
03-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Charger Fanatic

ny10804
03-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Eaglez.Fan

I'm not too much of a sig fan, I usually get bored of other peoples, and don't really notice them. I like quotes better . . .

||
||
\/

bearfan
03-29-2006, 05:18 PM
There are a lot of good sig makers on this site. It is cool that people take the time to take requests and make these graphics for others. I enjoy the sig Snuff made for me as well as the work of all the other sig guys.

Yeah, I dont know if many realize that the sig makers take their own time to make others sigs. Nut for sig makers, it is now getting to where their are a bunch of people asking for a sig, but they never are on to represent it.

I liked most the people I made sigs for, they were very thankful. To me, when someone goes "It is amazing" or "I love it", that makes me feel good. That is partly why I make sigs for others, that and I like making them

rainman
03-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Nexx's sigs are good but they are all the same style and tend to look all the same.

Clovers and Adi's are my favorites of the people who currently make sigs.

badgerbacker
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
D-D-D-D-UNIT!

iworshipbender
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Nexx is really good, but that IWORSHIPBENDER is pretty good himself :D :) :wink: :lol: :? :( :cry: :oops:

Raidernexx
03-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Nexx is really good, but that IWORSHIPBENDER is pretty good himself :D :) :wink: :lol: :? :( :cry: :oops:

IWB. You've got some skills brothuh!
REPRESEEEEENNNT!