PDA

View Full Version : What's next at the QB position?

Troj2man
08-15-2007, 12:45 AM
What do we do at QB after this season? Mcnair probably has 2 years left in the tank. Kyle Boller has been a flop and will leave via free agency. Troy Smith needs a lot of work, and Drew Olson is still somewhat of a question mark. What's next for our Baltimore Ravens at arguably the most important position for a franchise?

My thoughts are that the Ravens need to see how Smith moves along over the next 2 years. If he has what it takes, let him take over the team. If not we need to go into the draft with QB as our #1 priority. No stud QB's are going to be available in free agency. Although there is always the thought of Byron Leftwich, whom the Ravens wanted in the draft, but instead got Suggs and Boller. If Leftwich has a decent season he could be your next QB here in Baltimore.

neko4
08-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Colt Brennan or Andre Woodson
Baltimore is a good team so they may look for a future at QB now, while theyre on top

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 12:59 AM
I said it after the draft and I'll say it again; I see Philly cutting ties with McNabb within the next 2 years and when they do he will be on his way to Baltimore.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-15-2007, 01:22 AM
I said it after the draft and I'll say it again; I see Philly cutting ties with McNabb within the next 2 years and when they do he will be on his way to Baltimore.

That would be a dream if we got McNabb!

bearsfan_51
08-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Psh...if McNabb is going anywhere it's to his hometown of Chicago. He's even said in the past that if things didn't work out in Philly that would where he'd like to retire.

There will likely be 4 QB's taken in the 1st round next year. I'm pretty sure Baltimore will take one of them.

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 01:29 AM
yea I would want somebody younger then McNabb for the future. I could see us going after a QB after we got Gaither, either a QB or a DE to replace Pryce.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Psh...if McNabb is going anywhere it's to his hometown of Chicago. He's even said in the past that if things didn't work out in Philly that would where he'd like to retire.

There will likely be 4 QB's taken in the 1st round next year. I'm pretty sure Baltimore will take one of them.

Hey just because he wants to retire a Bear doesn't mean he has to play for them. :D

Philly is a fickle city and eventually drives its star players away for the most part. The Ravens can keep this team together, barring injury, basically intact for that time and would give McNabb the perfect opportunity to have a legitimate chance for a ring. As for the Draft next year, very doubtful we pull the trigger on a QB in round 1 barring someone slipping to us. This team just doesn't develop QB's so as long as this window of opportunity for a championship stays open the longer we will rely on veterans. If McNabb is on his way out of Philly, expect his phone to be ringing off the hook with calls from Ray Lewis, TSizzle, Ed Reed and the likes to bring him to the city of Pleasant Living. It worked for McNair and it will work for McNabb.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 01:32 AM
yea I would want somebody younger then McNabb for the future. I could see us going after a QB after we got Gaither, either a QB or a DE to replace Pryce.

Well now knowing your desires I change my whole outlook............ :rolleyes:

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 01:33 AM

I am not sure how much you would like him, he won 1 out of several NFC championship games, and you could argue that in the super bowl he didnt move the offense quick enough with that last drive. That is material for somebody to call him a choke artist, something you have dissed McNair for.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 01:48 AM
I am not sure how much you would like him, he won 1 out of several NFC championship games, and you could argue that in the super bowl he didnt move the offense quick enough with that last drive. That is material for somebody to call him a choke artist, something you have dissed McNair for.

Wait your blaming McNabb for Andy Reid's clock mismanagement in the Super Bowl. And your just plain dissing McNabb, do you actually watch football games?

bearsfan_51
08-15-2007, 01:52 AM
If his biggest concern is winning a Superbowl he'd have a much easier go of it in Chicago. We've got the Saints and the Cowboys in the NFC, you've got the Colts, the Chargers, and the Patriots.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 01:57 AM
If his biggest concern is winning a Superbowl he'd have a much easier go of it in Chicago. We've got the Saints and the Cowboys in the NFC, you've got the Colts, the Chargers, and the Patriots.

Touche'. Still if McNabb were to become available I see Ozzie and company making an enormous push for his services.

Ravens1991
08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Wait your blaming McNabb for Andy Reid's clock mismanagement in the Super Bowl. And your just plain dissing McNabb, do you actually watch football games?

Yes I do watch football, I am just saying that some people will be calling McNabb a choke artist if he comes here and loses a playoff game.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes I do watch football, I am just saying that some people will be calling McNabb a choke artist if he comes here and loses a playoff game.

Wow now you're a psychic................ :rolleyes:

dcarey20
08-15-2007, 01:01 PM

Indeed it would be a dream, but I doubt it will happen as McNabb will take up about as much cap room as anyone on the roster.

BigDawg819
08-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Indeed it would be a dream, but I doubt it will happen as McNabb will take up about as much cap room as anyone on the roster.

In 2 years it wouldn't be that much of a problem since McNair, JO, and possibly Mason and Rolle off the books.