PDA

View Full Version : Cuts

Watchman
08-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Anyone want to take a guess on the first wave of cuts? I read a report at PR that quoted Simms as saying he's prepared to sit out the whole year if he does get cut at some point.

Caddy
08-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Jovon Bouknight..

SRK85
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Possibly Chris Simms, unless hes placed on the PUP list.

Merlin
08-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Possibly Chris Simms, unless hes placed on the PUP list.Why would he be put on the PUP list, the guys been throwing 125 balls a day?

Caddy
08-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Why would he be put on the PUP list, the guys been throwing 125 balls a day?

I am pretty sure it is too late to put a player on the PUP list anyway.

Merlin
08-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry, your missing my point.

How can he be "physically unable to perform" if he's throwing passes everyday, if he didn't have a clean bill of health, he wouldn't be out their?

Merlin
08-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Here's one for'yer.

Mike Alstott was placed on IR because of a neck injury, so we can't cut him, (don't get side tracked on this, I am not suggesting that we do), Simeon Rice was cut because he didn't pass a physical?

Rice's injury was sustained while playing for us? How/why, were we able to cut him?

Chris Simms sustained a major injury while playing for us, but passed his physical, should things not work out for him, we'll be able to cut him, how does this work?

Caddy
08-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Sorry, your missing my point.

How can he be "physically unable to perform" if he's throwing passes everyday, if he didn't have a clean bill of health, he wouldn't be out their?

No I understood your point. I was purely mentioning how even if we wanted to put a player on the PUP list, it isn't possible. I too agree that the notion of putting a healthy player on the PUP list is stupid. Simms is healthy, he is just not physically conditioned to play.

Caddy
08-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Here's one for'yer.

Mike Alstott was placed on IR because of a neck injury, so we can't cut him, (don't get side tracked on this, I am not suggesting that we do), Simeon Rice was cut because he didn't pass a physical?

Rice's injury was sustained while playing for us? How/why, were we able to cut him?

Chris Simms sustained a major injury while playing for us, but passed his physical, should things not work out for him, we'll be able to cut him, how does this work?

We could cut Alstott, but that would require an injury settlement.

Furthermore, I suspect the failed physical was purely a way to get rid of Simeon's large contract.