PDA

View Full Version : Big Willie

Bengals78
08-16-2007, 08:17 PM
He showed up to practice with a mysterious boot on his right foot and could miss quite a few games apparently.

PalmerToCJ
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Looks like Kooistra would be the man and he isn't exactly an ironman.

If Levi is good for game one I would think Whitworth will get moved all the way over there, just because it seems Andrews is a lock to start all year at LG so I don't see them moving him to RT only to move him back to LG.

Either way, an injury like this (even though it's to one of our best players/leaders) doesn't hurt this year as much as last year because the players are actually used to the line changing up unlike they were last season. Plus Kooistra will get 3 games to prepare.

I think we'll be fine, I know this would bother some people and I really think Willie is a great player but Levi is more important. The run game could really suffer early though.

Aftermath
08-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I am very concerned about this...

Bengals78
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah i was terrified

CincinnatiBengals15
08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Kooistra and Whitworth can take Wille spot i think Levi is the one we need back

I think we will be fine for now

PalmerToCJ
08-16-2007, 11:00 PM
IF we get Levi back, having Levi and Andrews on the left side IMO gives us one of the best blind side blocker combos in the league.... So much mass there.

I think the passing game should be fine, I'm just concerned about the run game. Rudi always pounds that right side with Willie and Williams.

I just hope the team is healthy for the second half. Our last 8 games are up there with the easiest in the league... Hopefully we can steamroll into the playoffs.