PDA

View Full Version : All AFC East Team

TimD
08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
After seeing SI's All NFL Team and the Whose the Best LT in the AFC East thread i decided to make my All AFC East Team...

QB - Tom Brady (NE)
RB - Thomas Jones (NYJ)
FB - Cory Schlesinger (MIA)
WR - Lee Evans (BUF)
WR - Laveranues Coles (NYJ)
TE - Benjamin Watson (NE)
RT - Nick Kaczur (NE)
RG - Brandon Moore (NYJ)
C - Nick Mangold (NYJ)
LG - Logan Mankins (NE)
LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (NYJ)

I'm doing a 3-4 defense because 3 of the 4 teams have 1...
LE - Richard Seymour (NE)
NT - Vince Wilfork (NE)
RE - Aaron Schobel (BUF)
LB - Adalius Thomas (NE)
LB - Zach Thomas (MIA)
LB - Jonathon Vilma (NYJ)
LB - Jason Taylor (MIA)
CB - Andre Dyson (NYJ)
CB - Asante Samuel (NE)
FS - Ko Simpson (BUF)
SS - Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)

K - Rian Lindell (BUF)
P - Brian Moorman (BUF)
KR - Justin Miller (NYJ)

Coach - Bill Belichick (NE)
Offensive Coordinator - Brian Schottenheimer (NYJ)
Defensive Coordinator - Bob Sutton (NYJ)

NE - 8 Players, 1 Coach
NYJ - 8 Players, 2 Asst. Coaches
MIA - 3 Players
BUF - 6 Players

I know I'm a bit biased, but I think that is what it is... I know there will be debates because I left Terrence McGee, Dan Koppen, Matt Light, Joey Porter, Randy Moss, and Chris Chambers off the list, but I think the guys I put on it over them are better...

note: because the defense is in the 3-4 that does not mean i placed players that only fit the 4-3 in it... example Schobel

neko4
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
QB-Tom Brady; JP Losman
HB-Thomas Jones; Laurence Maroney
WR-Lee Evans; Donte Stallworth
WR-Lavernaeus Coles; Chris Chambers
WR-Randy Moss; Jericho Cotchrey
dont know too much about AFC east linemen

TimD
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
QB-Tom Brady; JP Losman
HB-Thomas Jones; Laurence Maroney
WR-Lee Evans; Donte Stallworth
WR-Lavernaeus Coles; Chris Chambers
WR-Randy Moss; Jericho Cotchrey
dont know too much about AFC east linemen

i decided not to make reserve players because then i would only be leaving out like 2 players for each position... and its not hard to say these 2 guys are good and these 2 aren't...

remix 6
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
hahaha u left Seymour out and put Schobel in on the 3-4 ? Seymour is the best DE in a 3-4!

Schobel would be an OLB at his size.

QB - Brady
RB - Jones
FB - Evans?
WR - Evans
WR - Coles
WR - Moss
TE - Watson
LT -Peters
LG - Mankins
C - Koppen/Mangold
RG - ?
RT - Light(move him)

3-4
DE - Seymour
NT - Wilfork
DE - Warren
OLB - Taylor
ILB - A. Thomas
ILB - Z. Thomas
OLB - Vrabel
CB - Samuel
CB - Dyson?
SS - Rhodes
FS - Whitner

KR: Maroney/Miller (yes..he was near top of league before he got pulled once he got injured)

PR: Ginn

HC: BB
OC: Schot
DC: Peas (no way is Sutton better..AT ALL)

maybe Porter can be at OLB instead of Vrabel ..not sure at this point . how u left off Seymour and put Schobel in is beyond me

TimD
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
hahaha u left Seymour out and put Schobel in on the 3-4 ? Seymour is the best DE in a 3-4!

I couldn't leave out the best DE in the div. just cause he doesn't fit the type of defense i decided to make the all-team have...

FB - Evans?

Schlesinger is just a beast blocker and i think he's a better FB then Evans whose a mix between a HB and FB

OLB - Taylor
ILB - A. Thomas
ILB - Z. Thomas
OLB - Vrabel

I just picked the 4 best LBs IMO...

CB - Dyson?

I changed it...

remix 6
08-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I couldn't leave out the best DE in the div. just cause he doesn't fit the type of defense i decided to make the all-team have...

Schlesinger is just a beast blocker and i think he's a better FB then Evans whose a mix between a HB and FB

I just picked the 4 best LBs IMO...

I changed it...
hes not the best DE in the division. Seymour is better..as is Taylor and possibly Warren but if your running a 3-4 D..good luck having a 260 pounder try to play.

should of done a list of both then(a 4-3 aswell) and have Seymour as the 2nd best DT and Schobel at DE.

i agree about Evans not being there..forgot all about Schlesinger

4-3 Defense
DE - Taylor
DT - Seymour
DT - Wilfork
DE - Schobel
OLB - A. Thomas
MLB - Vilma
OLB - Crowell probably.

neko4
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Seymour doesnt get the stats, but its due to the system.
The guy does his job better than any 3-4 DE i know

SuperMcGee
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
-Peters would be the starter at LT or RT
-Whitner is a better FS option than Simpson even if he plays strong.
-It's gotta be Seymour over Schobel in that system, no doubt about it.
-Justin Miller is coming off of a better year for sure, but McGee has been the most consistent returner in the league the past 3 years. He never gets caught deep in his own zone and while not always getting TDs he always manages to give us great field position and probably brings it out to the 40 more than anyone else, which is huge considering our terrible offense from past years. Miller is still an excellent choice, he has been very good.
And I don't care what anyone says, McGee > Mathis in '05. Ginn will certainly be an intriguing option this year as well.

08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Seymour is a ******* beast. Since watching him come into the league the only guy that I have ever seen able to block him was an all-star stud in Marcus McNeil. Makes you wonder how good McNeil is/will be.

remix 6
08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Seymour is a ******* beast. Since watching him come into the league the only guy that I have ever seen able to block him was an all-star stud in Marcus McNeil. Makes you wonder how good McNeil is/will be.

McNeil held him quiet a few times actually but uncalled like the rest of Chargers OL...plus Seymour was hurt most of the season..hard to play with that huge brace on your whole arm. also fans cant always tell what his responsibilities are.(he said it himself after postseason). His job is to do a certain thing or be in a certain place. i blame the Chargers running all over us on

a. holding
b. Banta-Cain not being able to seal the edge AT ALL

credit to McNeil though..he did well but he didnt necessarily "stop" Seymour by any means

JK17
08-17-2007, 05:05 PM
McNeil held him quiet a few times actually but uncalled like the rest of Chargers OL...plus Seymour was hurt most of the season..hard to play with that huge brace on your whole arm. also fans cant always tell what his responsibilities are.(he said it himself after postseason). His job is to do a certain thing or be in a certain place. i blame the Chargers running all over us on

a. holding
b. Banta-Cain not being able to seal the edge AT ALL

credit to McNeil though..he did well but he didnt necessarily "stop" Seymour by any means

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the best running back in football, and a good O-Line....

Anyway, Seymour does have to be on that list, he's the best 3-4 D-end in football.

TimD
08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyway, Seymour does have to be on that list, he's the best 3-4 D-end in football.

i toke Warren off and put Seymour on... I think Schobel deserves to be on that list

Don Vito
08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
If you are running a 3-4 Schoebel is pretty much an awkward fit at DE. If you put him anywhere, put him at OLB. As much of a homer as it makes me sound, I believe if you are running a 3-4 then the DL should be the Pats DL of Warren-Wilfork-Seymour.

TimD
08-23-2007, 10:05 AM
If you are running a 3-4 Schoebel is pretty much an awkward fit at DE. If you put him anywhere, put him at OLB. As much of a homer as it makes me sound, I believe if you are running a 3-4 then the DL should be the Pats DL of Warren-Wilfork-Seymour.

i just picked the top 2 ends in my opinion... if i was actually putting this team on the field then yes of course i would have that front... but im just listing who i think is the top players in their positions with no consideration to the type of defense im listing them in... hence schobel at end (the position he plays)

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Moved some guys around.

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Cory Schlesinger
WR- Randy Moss
WR- Lee Evans
TE- Ben Watson
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG- Logan Mankins
C- Nick Mangold