PDA

View Full Version : The Greatness that is Erik Bedard

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Great article on one half of The Lefty Canadian Contingent, Erik Bedard:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2978076

Some notable quotes that prove his greatness:

"I don't want to reveal anything about myself," says Bedard, who's revered by teammates. "If you want a quote, don't come to me. I won't give it to you. Anything baseballwise, that's fine. Other than that, don't ask me any other questions. I don't want my life to be out there."

"Not that fans will be hearing much about, well, any of it. Bedard insists his formal interaction with the media -- which is horrible at best, and nonexistent at worst -- will never change, much to the chagrin of team officials, who have begged him to be more available."

"Stupid question, next," is a frequent answer from the 28-year-old.

"He's very, very private," O's manager Dave Trembley says. "He's not a [bad] guy. He just doesn't like people asking him obvious, stupid questions."

"He doesn't have time for meaningless conversation," Mazzone says, then laughs. "He doesn't like to play many games. He can weed out who he thinks can help him a little. He can weed out the ones who he thinks are full of it."

Aside from being a dominant pitcher, his refusal to tolerate the media is another reason the love Erik "The Silent Assassin" Bedard.

DON'T FEED THE BEAST!

jkpigskin
08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
if i didnt know any better
i would think erik bedard was you bigdawg... he has your persona =D

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
if i didnt know any better
i would think erik bedard was you bigdawg... he has your persona =D

Well I am a lefty, but not a Canadian. ;) As for persona, now do you see why I love this guy.......... :D

EdReedUnstoppable
08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Erik Bedard is the nozzle on a douche!

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Erik Bedard is the nozzle on a douche!

BLASPHEMY!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-17-2007, 05:12 PM
You can like his play all you want, but the next time I see him smile will be the first. So he can take his depression and the $130 mil he'll command to Toronto.......Adam Loewen is better anyway!!!

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:17 PM
You can like his play all you want, but the next time I see him smile will be the first. So he can take his depression and the $130 mil he'll command to Toronto.......Adam Loewen is better anyway!!!

Well obviously you don't watch the games and post game shows because he's been scene smiling like twice so there. And what depression? All he wants to do is go out there and do his job and not be hassled by no talent hacks who consider themselves the media. Just because he doesn't wish to "feed the beast" the media tries to portray him in a negative light. I applaud his stance toward the media and more athletes should take his approach, just shut up and do your job!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Well obviously you don't watch the games and post game shows because he's been scene smiling like twice so there. And what depression? All he wants to do is go out there and do his job and not be hassled by no talent hacks who consider themselves the media. Just because he doesn't wish to "feed the beast" the media tries to portray him in a negative light. I applaud his stance toward the media and more athletes should take his approach, just shut up and do your job!

No I dont care about how he treats "the media" remember we had this conversation when talking about Barry bonds.......F the media!

But I just wanna see him smile, its precisely why I hate Melvin Mora........well actually I'd hate Mora even if he smiled.

BigDawg819
08-17-2007, 05:23 PM
No I dont care about how he treats "the media" remember we had this conversation when talking about Barry bonds.......F the media!

But I just wanna see him smile, its precisely why I hate Melvin Mora........well actually I'd hate Mora even if he smiled.

Tell the god damn Orioles bullpen to actually hold a lead and I'll bet you see him smile.

Ravens1991
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Bedard is going to make a appearance at the ESPN zone thursday at noon. You can get autographs and ask questions there.