PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner

49ersfan_87
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Could he make for a good starting RB if some team took a chance on him, through trade or FA. Or does he just solely benefit from playing behind the best RB currently in the NFL?

Moses
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
He might be decent but his stats are definitely inflated because he plays behind LT. Decent skillset but I don't see him pulling a Larry Johnson.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
He's a good Robin to LT's Batman but he's not a back that will big time on his own.

Flyboy
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I think he's capable of having the same type of success that Chester Taylor had in Minnesota in his first year there.

Packers-Cardinals
08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I think he can. He's got great measurables at 5'10" and 237 lbs. He also runs a 4.4 40 and has breakaway speed.

iloxygenil
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
He'll be fair...but not good.

23trufant
08-17-2007, 02:26 PM
He is going to be solid but i dont think he will go to any probowls or anything.

neko4
08-17-2007, 02:32 PM
i wanna see him play a meaningful game, but i think he could be a good starter
but then again, he's got the best job in the world right now

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-17-2007, 02:36 PM
You can't put all of that on LT. A 6.3ypc average is awfully good, and LT can't possibly bring it up by 3ypc. LT has some credit on "wearing down the defense", but it's not that much. If it was like that, then you could make a case for any of the two-back systems that the starter "wears down the defense" for the other guy to come in and get more yards.

49erfanatic
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I think that Turner will be a very solid back. You really can't find a weakness that he has other than a lack of PT. He has very good size and speed, along with good vision. I see no reason why he will not be good when he goes elsewhere and becomes a starter

08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I see him as a faster Lamont Jordan, and in virtually the same situation Jordan was in a few years ago.

JK17
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
With Turner, he's got good speed, he runst through tackles, he sees good holes, and makes good cuts. I don't see any reason why he can't be successful....maybe I'm a little biased because he's been on my team for a while now, and I certainly don't want to see him go.

The only thing that stops me from being 100% certain on what he'll be able to do, is that I'm sure you could have made the same cases for Lamont Jordan in being a good starter too, coming out of New York, and that didn't work out as well.

I'd say yes, I'm confident in him, but I can also certainly see where the skepticism would come from.

08-17-2007, 03:01 PM
With Turner, he's got good speed, he runst through tackles, he sees good holes, and makes good cuts. I don't see any reason why he can't be successful....maybe I'm a little biased because he's been on my team for a while now, and I certainly don't want to see him go.

The only thing that stops me from being 100% certain on what he'll be able to do, is that I'm sure you could have made the same cases for Lamont Jordan in being a good starter too, coming out of New York, and that didn't work out as well.

I'd say yes, I'm confident in him, but I can also certainly see where the skepticism would come from.

I was incredibly high on Lamont when he went to the Raiders. I though he was going to be a stud. But when he got the bulk of the carries the big play ability that we all seen in NY was almost gone. How many 20+ yard runs did he have in his first Oakland season? It was only 4, and his longest of those runs, was for 26 yards.

yourfavestoner
08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I think he'd put up ridiculous numbers in a one-cut-and-go zone blocking scheme like Denver's.

08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I think he'd put up ridiculous numbers in a one-cut-and-go zone blocking scheme like Denver's.

Yes, but many backs have.

JK17
08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
I was incredibly high on Lamont when he went to the Raiders. I though he was going to be a stud. But when he got the bulk of the carries the big play ability that we all seen in NY was almost gone. How many 20+ yard runs did he have in his first Oakland season? It was only 4, and his longest of those runs, was for 26 yards.

I agree, but to be fair to Turner, the offense Jordan ended up in wasn't exactly a haven for running backs, behind a weak offensive line, and little help at the quarterback position. If Turner did end up in a situation like that, then yes it would be nearly impossible for him to be productive. Turner has also had the benefit of learning from Tomlinson, who is the best in the game, although Jordan did have Martin to study under.

iowatreat54
08-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Madden 06 showed me he is a Pro-Bowler in his 2nd year on the Bears after I traded Curtis Martin for the number 3 overall pick...so yes, he will be a top10 back in the future once given the chance

08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I agree, but to be fair to Turner, the offense Jordan ended up in wasn't exactly a haven for running backs, behind a weak offensive line, and little help at the quarterback position. If Turner did end up in a situation like that, then yes it would be nearly impossible for him to be productive. Turner has also had the benefit of learning from Tomlinson, who is the best in the game, although Jordan did have Martin to study under.

Yes, but the only teams that I forsee to be in the Turner bidding have shakey lines and questionable quarterbacking. So, what is the difference?

08-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Madden 06 showed me he is a Pro-Bowler in his 2nd year on the Bears after I traded Curtis Martin for the number 3 overall pick...so yes, he will be a top10 back in the future once given the chance

Even as a sarcastic comment, never compared football to Madden.

iowatreat54
08-17-2007, 03:22 PM
video games are very realistic, especially Tecmo, so I shall compare everything in life to them

08-17-2007, 03:24 PM
video games are very realistic, especially Tecmo, so I shall compare everything in life to them

Oh, I do not care if you compare Tecmo Superbowl to the NFL, that is more realistic then Madden for god's sake.

JK17
08-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, but the only teams that I forsee to be in the Turner bidding have shakey lines and questionable quarterbacking. So, what is the difference?

The difference would be that there are few teams with situations as bad as Oakland's were last year, where Jordan really struggled, considering he did decent in 2005. Also, Turner, as a backup has had more success then Jordan did running the ball. When looking at their last seasons played as backups, in 13 games Turner had 80 carries for 502 yards and 2 TD, whereas Jordan racked up 479 yards on 93 carries, and 2 TD, averaging about a yard more per carry. Still, the numbers make little differnece, they were both done in backup work for both teams. I'm not trying to make a number's argument because I don't hold a lot of stock in them either, but he did have more success, at least on paper.

There's no concrete, obvious answer as to Turner's fate. But in all likelihood, he won't be stuck in a situation as bad as Oakland had last year, giving him at least one step up on Jordan.

iowatreat54
08-17-2007, 03:28 PM
this is true, but I've only played as Turner in Madden so...

in all seriousness though, I like to think that Turner will be a good starting HB for someone in the future...the only problem I have is that he has been so hyped for so many years that if he is given the chance and he struggles in his first year with a full time workload then everyone will write him off and he may not "recover" in the eyes of many unless he puts up insane numbers after that...so while I think he can be a solid starter for most any team, I'm a little skeptical and like everyone just want to see him with even half of a full work load

08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
The difference would be that there are few teams with situations as bad as Oakland's were last year, where Jordan really struggled, considering he did decent in 2005. Also, Turner, as a backup has had more success then Jordan did running the ball. When looking at their last seasons played as backups, in 13 games Turner had 80 carries for 502 yards and 2 TD, whereas Jordan racked up 479 yards on 93 carries, and 2 TD, averaging about a yard more per carry. Still, the numbers make little differnece, they were both done in backup work for both teams. I'm not trying to make a number's argument because I don't hold a lot of stock in them either, but he did have more success, at least on paper.

There's no concrete, obvious answer as to Turner's fate. But in all likelihood, he won't be stuck in a situation as bad as Oakland had last year, giving him at least one step up on Jordan.

But, you also have to remember San Diego has a better offensive line then the Jets ever did.

JK17
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
But, you also have to remember San Diego has a better offensive line then the Jets ever did.

That's true also, but the O-Line really only got as good as it did last year. While Turner's best year was last year, he had other successful years as well. Then again, he didn't really hit the radar huge until last year, so who knows.

I'm not 100% sold either way, but if I had to guess I'd say he can be successful, based on what I've seen. He's not Lamont Jordan, and every situation in the NFL is different...no one can be sure what will happen.

Average OT LB
08-17-2007, 03:34 PM

exactly- one of the best. Marcus Mcneil, Deilman and Lo neal... it was very easy for Turner to get his shoulders turned and heading downfield- which leads to breaking tackles.

In my opinion turner isnt the whole package, but hes enough that he would be a servicable starter. I dont think he could be great- but good definitely. If lamont went anywhere else and spent the peak of career behind at least an okay line- he would have proved change of pace backs can be more than backups. But for now thats all turner is, the best change of pace back, behind the best line- and the best running back in the league.

OhioState
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
i can see him being good in a two back system where he splits carries with a better pass recieving back, like Miami, i think that he could pair well with a guy like Ronnie Brown.

49erfanatic
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
It sounds like a lot of people think that Turner's success will somewhat depend on where he ends up. If that's the case, where do you think he could end up? And where do you think he would fit in best? I wouldn't be suprised to see the Titans, Texans, Browns, Panthers, Falcons, and Lions make runs at him. All of those teams seem to have shaky running back situations

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Depends on where he goes but I wouldn't want him as my absoulte feature back. Regardless I don't think he'll ever put up the play to match the pay he'll probably get next offseason.

keylime_5
08-17-2007, 04:56 PM
He's not the shifitest runner and doesn't have the best hands or vision like LT, but he'll be a very good starting RB somewhere. 1200+ yd. years all the way from 2008 on. I think he'll definitely be some team's franchise back (Green Bay?Tennessee?Cleveland?Dallas?)

awfullyquiet
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
He's not the shifitest runner and doesn't have the best hands or vision like LT, but he'll be a very good starting RB somewhere. 1200+ yd. years all the way from 2008 on. I think he'll definitely be some team's franchise back (Green Bay?Tennessee?Cleveland?Dallas?)

I agree, I see him going to Dallas or GB. Both of which would be great places for him.
I used to watch him at NIU, and he could pull away, not in the same way that garrett wolfe did, but he was very good with the cut, drop the shoulder, gain the extra yard and a half. Solid back. Nothing breathtaking. But, he'll produce every game. And he's good in the red zone. Can't beat that.

Mr. Stiller
08-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Personally if I'm the Houston Texans.. I sign this guy as soon as Free Agency hits.

Ahman Green is over the hill and injury prone. Turner is what Dayne was supposed to be.

I'd:

Draft OL/Defense, sign Michael Turner.

Gives them a solid Starter. He may not be LT or even pro-bowl good. Especially in houston.. but he's a complete RB.. and with them Adding Schaub, give him a complete RB to work with.

TimD
08-22-2007, 04:53 PM
i think he'll end up being a willie parker type running back.... great breakaway speed...

CC.SD
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Personally if I'm the Houston Texans.. I sign this guy as soon as Free Agency hits.

Ahman Green is over the hill and injury prone. Turner is what Dayne was supposed to be.

I'd:

Draft OL/Defense, sign Michael Turner.

Gives them a solid Starter. He may not be LT or even pro-bowl good. Especially in houston.. but he's a complete RB.. and with them Adding Schaub, give him a complete RB to work with.

I like this for the Texans a lot. Maybe working with an emerging defense, they could do some things.

TimD
08-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I like this for the Texans a lot. Maybe working with an emerging defense, they could do some things.

yeah he'd be a good fit there... and maybe ahman could be the backup... he might do well in a limited role if he agrees to be a backup

zoinks
08-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Ignore the stats, and watch the guy run.

This guy is the real deal. He's like Eric Dickerson in Larry Johnson's body.
He runs over people, around people, and through people, and has remarkable speed and quickness.

If I'm a GM, I roll out the red carpet and sign him the minute free agency begins.

sdpads24
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
i think he'll end up being a willie parker type running back.... great breakaway speed...

Have you ever seen Michael Turner play? He's someone who makes a living by running guys over and always fighting for those extra yards with players on his back. He does have breakaway speed however, but it certainly won't be something that he relies on.

PoopSandwich
08-22-2007, 08:07 PM

I think with Cleveland missing out on a first round pick we will go all out in trying to acquire Micheal Turner.

kmartin575
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Ignore the stats, and watch the guy run.

This guy is the real deal. He's like Eric Dickerson in Larry Johnson's body.
He runs over people, around people, and through people, and has remarkable speed and quickness.

If I'm a GM, I roll out the red carpet and sign him the minute free agency begins.

He doesn't compare to Larry Johnson or Eric Dickerson. He will never be on that level, IMO.

Mr. Stiller
08-22-2007, 11:07 PM
yeah he'd be a good fit there... and maybe ahman could be the backup... he might do well in a limited role if he agrees to be a backup

If they sign Turner.. I think they could do away with Dayne and Green. Use Lundy as a change of pace back.

I think Turner could have a Travis Henry like Impact. Big size, powerful .. a 1 cut and go kind of back. With the added ability of power.

Put him behind the Texans ZBS. He's a solid blocker.. not great, so it would improve the Texans in that aspect. That would give them a solid young RB with minor mileage..

I mean it seems as if Houston is going for Hyped #2's right now (Schaub? J/k)

PACKmanN
08-22-2007, 11:10 PM
No you don't know so many things, can he carry the load, is he just a guy who goes out there with a slow defense due to LT running the ball. So many questions so little answers.

etk
08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Top 10 RB in the league, yes he is the real deal. He's not "the Burner" without reason, he hits the hole and accelerates downfield. He can pick up big yardage fast. He has ideal size and is very stout and tough to bring down in the open field because of his downfield accelerating style. There are very few "between the tackles" runners that have his speed, making him a dangerous weapon that remains consistent (see YPC). I hate how people credit LT with his success. A talented RB will gain yards and he earns all of his to his own credit. Frank Gore was in a similar situation as a rookie rushing for 4.8 a piece and look how he turned out as a feature back. I'd expect similar results from Turner, but only in the right offense. He's not the most elusive or shifty runner and needs to go to a physical ball control team where he can run behind fullbacks on off-tackles and dives. When he does become a free agent
it's possible that a team will sign him even though he doesn't fit their offense well, which will cut his YPC significantly. As for now he is the best insurance policy in the league and worthy of a late draft pick in fantasy (pray LT gets hurt).

etk
08-22-2007, 11:14 PM
No you don't know so many things, can he carry the load, is he just a guy who goes out there with a slow defense due to LT running the ball. So many questions so little answers.

Can he carry the load? Absolutely. He has the build of a downfield runner that can take hits and sustain his play throughout a season. He's not a scatback.

This slow defense argument is pathetic. What's pathetic is how often it's used. A defense is a defense, and teams gameplan against the Chargers expecting to see Turner. They know he's getting the ball when he's in the game but they can't stop him. If Turner is a product of a "slow defense", Tomlinson shouldn't win MVP because he scored most of his touchdowns on said defense.

Mr. Stiller
08-22-2007, 11:16 PM

Rarely many RB's can carry the full load. But, if you have a solid #2 or #3 Rb and just need that feature guy that can get 250 to 300 Carries. It would be nice to have him.

Turner may be behind LT, but he sees action pretty early. He has all the intangibles. I think a team like Tennessee, Houston, Cleveland, Atlanta, Lions and possibly the Bears might look to (Depending on Benson)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes, but many backs have.

Not really. Average backs have put up slightly above average numbers, but only the great players actually put up great numbers. Guys like Portis and TD. Turner, I haven't really seen enough of him but from what I have he looks like he could be really good. Big, and fast.

etk
08-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Rarely many RB's can carry the full load. But, if you have a solid #2 or #3 Rb and just need that feature guy that can get 250 to 300 Carries. It would be nice to have him.

Turner may be behind LT, but he sees action pretty early. He has all the intangibles. I think a team like Tennessee, Houston, Cleveland, Atlanta, Lions and possibly the Bears might look to (Depending on Benson)

Houston & Tennessee would be great fits for Turner. I doubt the Bears would go after him, although he would do fine in Chicago.

San Diego Chicken
08-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Any team that signs Burner will fall in love with him. He's a great football player, and will be a future locker room leader. He could have bitched about his situation and the money he's making, like LJ did, but he just goes out on the field, takes what he's given and makes the most of it.

Mr. Stiller
08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Houston & Tennessee would be great fits for Turner. I doubt the Bears would go after him, although he would do fine in Chicago.

I Think he's a more powerful version of Travis Henry. He's a solid receiver (From what I've seen) and he's got that 1 cut and go mentality.. no backfield dancing.

I Really think Cleveland will way overpay him. Perhaps he was the reason they grabbed Lewis as a stopgap

PACKmanN
08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Any team that signs Burner will fall in love with him. He's a great football player, and will be a future locker room leader. He could have bitched about his situation and the money he's making, like LJ did, but he just goes out on the field, takes what he's given and makes the most of it.

LJ is a top 3 running back (behind LT and Jackson) Turner has nothing to "*****" about.

etk
08-23-2007, 01:33 PM
LJ is a top 3 running back (behind LT and Jackson) Turner has nothing to "*****" about.

Maybe if you had seen Turner play you would understand. He's proven way more right now than LJ proved behind Priest Holmes. Wasn't Derrick Blaylock their main backup anyway?

myinnerself
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Honestly, if you watch him play, which I'm sure only a few of you have truly seen, he is gonna be an absolute stud.

COME ON: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aPPuuPeCc

LonghornsLegend
08-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe if you had seen Turner play you would understand. He's proven way more right now than LJ proved behind Priest Holmes.

ummm no he hasnt

LJ was still given more opportunities in the offense then turner is now...and LJ didnt ask for more money until he had 2 seasons over 1700 yds and was ran to death in one of those seasons, so its not as if he asked for money before he deserved it or earned it

myinnerself
08-23-2007, 03:11 PM
ummm no he hasnt

LJ was still given more opportunities in the offense then turner is now...and LJ didnt ask for more money until he had 2 seasons over 1700 yds and was ran to death in one of those seasons, so its not as if he asked for money before he deserved it or earned it

I think you're confused. He's saying Turner has proven more in his time behind LT than LJ had proved during his time behind Priest. Once Priest got hurt LJ went off and proved a ton, but before that point, he hadn't proven much. I don't what you are talking about with all this talk of the last two seasons and asking for more money, that's way out of left field and in no way related to anything anyone has said. I think you just misunderstood what he was saying.

TimD
08-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Maybe if you had seen Turner play you would understand. He's proven way more right now than LJ proved behind Priest Holmes. Wasn't Derrick Blaylock their main backup anyway?

yeh thats why the jets were all happy when they got him the next year

but he sucks... where is he now?

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I think you're confused. He's saying Turner has proven more in his time behind LT than LJ had proved during his time behind Priest. Once Priest got hurt LJ went off and proved a ton, but before that point, he hadn't proven much. I don't what you are talking about with all this talk of the last two seasons and asking for more money, that's way out of left field and in no way related to anything anyone has said. I think you just misunderstood what he was saying.

San Diego Chicken said he could have complained like LJ did, but LJ didn't complain about money until this year, after 2 years of starting and producing big time. Completely different situation than Turner.

Some of the reasoning in this thread makes no sense, Frank Gore did something as a back up so Turner will be good because of what Gore did? Turner can carry the load because of his size?

CC.SD
08-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd say there is way more evidence that Turner can carry the load, then there is evidence that he can't.

Obviously it's a moot argument though, there's no one of knowing until he is given the opportunity. and he will be.

etk
08-23-2007, 11:34 PM
San Diego Chicken said he could have complained like LJ did, but LJ didn't complain about money until this year, after 2 years of starting and producing big time. Completely different situation than Turner.

Some of the reasoning in this thread makes no sense, Frank Gore did something as a back up so Turner will be good because of what Gore did? Turner can carry the load because of his size?

LJ didn't complain about money but he certainly voiced his concerns on being a backup.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my argument. I was merely using Gore as an example of a player who has under-the-radar success with limited (not as much) opportunity and furthers his success as a feature back. I expect Turner to do the same, but Gore will have no effect on his play in the future. People asked the same questions about Gore and I saw similar arguments on the negative side, but he proved everyone wrong after all. Once again you interpreted my words differently but it's understandable. Like ChargerCohen said, there's no way to determine whether or not Turner can carry a full load, but his stature and size will certainly help as I find it to be ideal for a feature back. Taller backs and scatbacks seem to be the most injury prone, and Turner is neither. For all we know he might have the stamina to sustain his burst throughout a game/season, but right now there is more "positive evidence than negative" (CC again).

etk
08-23-2007, 11:41 PM
ummm no he hasnt

It's debatable, but LJ had 4.8 YPC in 2004 when Priest got injured and 4.3 as a rookie backup in '03. Turner has a 6.0 average over his career. I think Turner has proven more stats-wise and shown more ability, although a million excuses could be made and shown for either side. I chose not to involve TDs or yards because LJ had more touches and started 3 games. Turner hasn't been lucky enough to see LT get injured.

BlindSite
08-24-2007, 02:37 AM
LJ has shown he can be considered one of the top 3 in the game as a starter. Behind preist he proved he could be a serviceable back.

Turner has done the same, proven he has the potential to be a starter, nothing more, nothing less. Lets not turn this into a turner is the next LJ thread.

draftguru151
08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I'd say there is way more evidence that Turner can carry the load, then there is evidence that he can't.

Obviously it's a moot argument though, there's no one of knowing until he is given the opportunity. and he will be.

How is there more evidence that he can than that he can't? The only argument that he can is his size, the argument against it, he hasn't done it before. He might be able to, but he has shown NOTHING on the field to show that he can carry the load. I don't see how his size, which helps the case but certainly isn't a guarantee, is more evidence than him not doing it before.

CC.SD
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
How is there more evidence that he can than that he can't? The only argument that he can is his size, the argument against it, he hasn't done it before. He might be able to, but he has shown NOTHING on the field to show that he can carry the load. I don't see how his size, which helps the case but certainly isn't a guarantee, is more evidence than him not doing it before.

The only argument he can is size? OK. Also absolutely ridiculous tackle breaking ability. I remember reading that either in 05 or 06 he led the league in broken tackles, some KC Joyner type stat. as a 2nd stringer!

Also insane speed for 237. Watch the highlight reel at the top of this page; near the end they show his run against the Titans, and he gets an inch on PAC MAN and takes it another sixty yards. it took one of the league's fastest cornerbacks over half the field to catch up to him, and it had nothing to do with pursuit angles, Pac is right there the whole time.

If a college prospect somehow had the film footage that Turner does against NFL competition, he would be a top ten draft pick. I don't think the GM would be worrying about his ability to carry the load.

draftguru151
08-24-2007, 11:53 AM
And what does any of that have to do with him carrying the ball 20 times a game? I like Michael Turner, he definitely has talent, but none of that has anything to do with him lasting 300 carries, and there's no proof that he can.

etk
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
+------------------------+----+--------------------+-------------+-------------+
| YR Team | G | CMP ATT PYD TD IN | RSH YD TD | REC YD TD |
+------------------------+----+--------------------+-------------+-------------+
| 2002 NorthernIllinois | 12 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 338 1915 19 | 10 100 0 |
| 2003 NorthernIllinois | 12 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 310 1648 14 | 19 230 3 |

Stats in 2 years at NIU. Other than college stats and size/build there's really no way in predicting how well a back can carry the load as the feature guy.

CC.SD
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
And what does any of that have to do with him carrying the ball 20 times a game? I like Michael Turner, he definitely has talent, but none of that has anything to do with him lasting 300 carries, and there's no proof that he can.

Ok, there's no convincing anyone against this point. But there was no proof LJ could do what he did. Or that a 6th rounder named Terrell Davis could step up and be the man. Or Willie Parker. Obviously, until a player carries the load, you can't say he is a guy capable of carrying the load.

It's a fully fledged catch-22. But Turner has shown everything necessary to be the guy given a chance.

energizerbunny
08-26-2007, 05:06 PM
There is no question he can be a great NFL back. He will be one of the best RBs to hit the open market ever, he has barely no mileage on him have 2-3 dominant running seasons after he leaves. He is going to be like Jamal Lewis before he decided to stop hitting the hole/running hard.

Maybe he isn't going to be a all-round back but you don't sign a 240lb back for him to be catching balls. Olineman absolutely love blocking for backs like him as well.

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 05:30 PM
2-3 dominant seasons? He had a great year as a back up RB last year, but to say 300 and 500 yards is anywhere near dominant is ridiculous. And how can you say no question he can be a great back. There are tons of questions about him being a great back. I love Turner, I think he can be a great player, but some of this love for him is ridiculous.

PalmerToCJ
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
There is no question he can be a great NFL back. He will be one of the best RBs to hit the open market ever, he has barely no mileage on him have 2-3 dominant running seasons after he leaves. He is going to be like Jamal Lewis before he decided to stop hitting the hole/running hard.

Maybe he isn't going to be a all-round back but you don't sign a 240lb back for him to be catching balls. Olineman absolutely love blocking for backs like him as well.

How can you call a 3 year pro with less than 1,000 yards rushing his entire career dominant? That's really throwing the word dominant around.

There's definetely question as to whether or not he can be a good RB, is that to say he won't be? No, but there's still questions to be answered.

KILLERSANTA
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
I say no, I was so happy when SD told Jerry Jones NO! I don't trust back-up RBs! ever since Troy Hambrick......

ncst8fan83
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
If there's one things Dolphins fans know, it's RB busts.

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
If there's one things Dolphins fans know, it's RB busts.

I'd figure it would be crappy back up QBs, but ok.

SuperKevin
08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
I honestly think Turner should be traded by the deadline for a MLB. I think it's a waste of a roster spot to keep him on the team especially considering he's going to sign elsewhere and they'll get no immediate compensation for him. I'm thinking a trade to Cleveland for Andra Davis could be huge for both sides

ncst8fan83
08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd figure it would be crappy back up QBs, but ok.

okay okay, that too.

Xenos
08-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I honestly think Turner should be traded by the deadline for a MLB. I think it's a waste of a roster spot to keep him on the team especially considering he's going to sign elsewhere and they'll get no immediate compensation for him. I'm thinking a trade to Cleveland for Andra Davis could be huge for both sides
MLB? You mean a WILB right? Because that's the position that lacks depth right now. Matt Wilhelm is going to be great, but there's really no one behind him that can step up if he gets injured.
Unless something big comes up, I don't think we'll trade Turner. He's too valuable this year as a change of pace back. He helps keep LT fresh and provides that different punch that can throw defenses off.

energizerbunny
08-27-2007, 12:46 AM
How can you call a 3 year pro with less than 1,000 yards rushing his entire career dominant? That's really throwing the word dominant around.

There's definetely question as to whether or not he can be a good RB, is that to say he won't be? No, but there's still questions to be answered.

I never said he has been dominant, I said he will be dominant once he gets out of LTs shadow. I've been following Turner since his Junior year at NIU and felt if he would have been a 1st rounder had he gone to a BCS conference school. In my opinion he has a top 3 combo of speed and strength/size at the runningback position in the nfl and his talent is just waiting to get fully released.