PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 3rd best qb?

Aftermath
08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Almost everyone thinks Manning and Brady are the best 2 QBs, whos the 3rd best?

neko4
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Carson, Bulger, and Brees are ussually thought of, but i'd say for now its between Brees/Bulger
If Carson plays good enough this year (Pro Bowl) then i'd say him

JK17
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
The only two who I think are in the running for this are Carson Palmer and Drew Brees...

There are a couple others, Bulger, McNabb who people can make cases for, but when it comes down to it, its hard to make a case for anyone else. I know its possible, but those two would be the consensus #3/4...

If you assume Manning/Brady as 1/2, I think Carson Palmer goes in the #3 spot.

jkpigskin
08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
pure talent wise i think its palmer
hes got one of the best arms in the league and his decision making and pocket prescence is top notch...
brees is IMO extremly aided by his incredible supporting class but he is def an elite QB but doesnt have the arm that palmer has
bulger is super accurate but again, palmer has him beat in strength

nfrillman
08-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Haha, I like how Bulger isn't even an option.

bearsfan_51
08-17-2007, 06:51 PM
That's because he's not an option.

Average OT LB
08-17-2007, 06:53 PM

yeah that seems very silly .... if this is fantasy football then okay i get it, cause bulger threw what? a pedestrian 4,000+ yards and has a very untalented team, especially this year..

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Bulger
5. (traitor)

Paul
08-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Is Bulger underrated? Yes. Is he on the same level as the guys above? Hell no.

Shahin
08-17-2007, 07:22 PM

I like how he isn't an option, too.

Dam8610
08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Tom Brady

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Anyone who thinks it isn't Palmer is ate up. Yes, I'm biased but it's not like I think CJ is the best WR in the league or that TJ is the best #2 in the league.

Last 2 seasons for Carson (with tearing his MCL/ACL/PCL):

60 TD's
15 INT's
7871 Yards

Last year he was obviously off from his '05 form early on (he still threw 28 TD) but he started to get things together towards the end when his mechanics came around. I think he has a legit shot at MVP this year, IMO it'll be between him, Brady and LT.

The beauty with Carson is he's still improving.

McNabb's health (or lack thereof) keeps him out of discussion for me.

awfullyquiet
08-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah.
bulger/palmer both have HEAVY weapons at their disposal.
in the name of TJ and CJ.
and Holt and Bruce. i mean, they both should be named... but. neither are #3
Brees doesn't have that? He has... wait. devery henderson, marques colston, and reggie bush? mcnabb has less than that... Brees is #3 without much shadow of doubt in my mind as a leadership presence, able to help develop and instill confidence in young receivers, and able to make all the passes with decent power, touch, and accuracy.

numbers are always inflated with fantastic WR play.

The Dynasty
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Id have to go with Drew Brees because going into N.O. last year and having only Joe Horn and Bush and Duece then finding out have Devery and Marques. Id have to go with him just over Palmer though then Bulger.

Dam8610
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Tom Brady

To elaborate on this, Carson Palmer is #2. I think anyone could guess who I have as #1.

KILLERSANTA
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I would take Palmer and Brees over Brady........

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Brees has a RB that caught for 700+ yards.... That's not a major weapon? I'd rather have Bush for my QB than CJ. QB's help make the WR's too... Soon enough people are going to argue Brees isn't the best if Colston keeps putting up big numbers.

In the 5 years that Brees has started he hasn't had a year close to Carsons '05. Carson throws THE BEST deep ball in the league, he is the most accurate QB in the league... At this point what seperates Brady/Manning from him is the mental aspect, they're both a step ahead in that area. Carson has the best physical tools he just doesn't have the experience they have.

EDIT: Dam, I caught what you meant lol.

iowatreat54
08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I would take Palmer and Brees over Brady........

can I join your fantasy world league? Brees hasn't proven anything really with 2 good seasons of impressive stats and his biggest accomplishment is getting to the NFC champ game, and Palmer, while very very good, third best IMO, is no where near the leader/as clutch as Brady

my personal list, if I were starting a team, would be 1. Brady 2. Peyton 3. Carson 4. McNabb 5. Bulger

P-L
08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Carson Palmer

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Palmer and it's close but not really

awfullyquiet
08-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Brees has a RB that caught for 700+ yards.... That's not a major weapon? I'd rather have Bush for my QB than CJ. QB's help make the WR's too... Soon enough people are going to argue Brees isn't the best if Colston keeps putting up big numbers.

They were both rookies though. THATS why I gave the nod to brees, because if he can do it with still rookie talent albiet a highly touted 1st round pick, and some guy from hofstra in the seventh... next year, if they don't put better numbers up (i'm not saying more, because 700 yd's for a RB is pretty good regardless, better YPP essentially)... then it may be brees, not the boys in gold and black.

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2007, 09:21 PM
can I join your fantasy world league? Brees hasn't proven anything really with 2 good seasons of impressive stats and his biggest accomplishment is getting to the NFC champ game, and Palmer, while very very good, third best IMO, is no where near the leader/as clutch as Brady

my personal list, if I were starting a team, would be 1. Brady 2. Peyton 3. Carson 4. McNabb 5. Bulger

I agree with this, Carson is coming into his own as the leader of this team and he started to show his clutch side at the end of last year (2 of the last 3 games he led scoring drives with under 2 minutes that could've/should've won us the game less special teams struggles). Still, Carson is nowhere near Brady at this point in being clutch... That's why I put Brady ahead of him still. I can't see putting Brady over Peyton though but that's for another thread.

Flyboy
08-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Palmer. And this is coming from a Saints fan.

iowatreat54
08-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I agree with this, Carson is coming into his own as the leader of this team and he started to show his clutch side at the end of last year (2 of the last 3 games he led scoring drives with under 2 minutes that could've/should've won us the game less special teams struggles). Still, Carson is nowhere near Brady at this point in being clutch... That's why I put Brady ahead of him still. I can't see putting Brady over Peyton though but that's for another thread.

yea I just personally favor Brady over Peyton...statistics wise obviously I think Peyton is number 1, but personally, for my team I would want Brady...but I also agree that Carson is starting to "come into his own" in being clutch

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2007, 09:34 PM
One of my only faults to Carson going into last season was his ability to come through in the clutch. He had a few chances in '05 where he had fumbles and one time threw an INT, I was worried he didn't have that "it" factor that Brady has but at the end of '06 he showed me he has what it takes to win games at the end. (40 something yard pass to Henry vs. Pitt to set up a winning FG attempt, drive vs. Denver to score a TD that should've tied the game, 60 something yard TD to mount a late surge vs. Atlanta... All under 2 minutes I believe).

YAYareaRB
08-17-2007, 09:42 PM
It's Alex Smith DUH!

Go_Eagles77
08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
McNabb just had his first game in 9 months and he's already in Pro-Bowl form.

Aftermath
08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
McNabb just had his first game in 9 months and he's already in Pro-Bowl form.

Preseason, *yawn*.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Carson Palmer when healthy is the best QB in the NFL!

Caddy
08-18-2007, 01:08 AM

He's no Peyton Manning.

Aftermath
08-18-2007, 01:08 AM
ATM on another board an Eagles fan is insisting that Brees and McNabb are both better than Palmer.

And said that "If theres one QB in the NFL who is more overrated because of their stats it's Carson Palmer."

Also saying that Brees is more of a warrior after Palmer had that grueling rehab.

Im trying very hard to ignore him now.

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2007, 01:52 AM
McNabb is a very good QB when healthy but being healthy is part of the game.

Over the past two years he has a completion percentage under 60% and 34 TD's and 15 INT's (19 total games).

Just last year (and it's agreed that Palmer was not 100%) he was 62.3% completion percentage, 28 TD's and 13 INT. That all over 16 games. Part of what makes Palmer such a great QB is his completion percentage. This year he has a goal of 70% and I think it's a real possibility as long as the Oline stays together.

Regardless of your weapons an accurate QB that makes good decisions will show through with his completion percentage, TJ is the only WR on our team that catches anything close to him, the rest are average in that regard.

tEk
08-18-2007, 02:07 AM
That's because he's not an option.
glad to see you back 51. missed your ass around here. starting to get better again.

o and carson palmer would be way up there if he didnt get his knee jacked up. possibly 2.

BigDawg819
08-18-2007, 02:12 AM
To elaborate on this, Carson Palmer is #2. I think anyone could guess who I have as #1.

Of course we all know its Jim Sorgi........

sodar21
08-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Donovan McNabb easily.

BigDawg819
08-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Carson Palmer easily.

There I fixed it for you.

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2007, 02:21 AM
Donovan McNabb easily.

Way to justify your statement, I can tell you put a lot of thought into it.

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 02:33 AM
ATM on another board an Eagles fan is insisting that Brees and McNabb are both better than Palmer.

And said that "If theres one QB in the NFL who is more overrated because of their stats it's Carson Palmer."

Also saying that Brees is more of a warrior after Palmer had that grueling rehab.

Im trying very hard to ignore him now.

I'm not making this as an excuse or starting a fight.. but one could argue that A large part of Palmers success is his supply of weapons...

CJ, Housh, Henry.. Rudi, Perry, Watson and whenever Irons returns. Thats nothing to sneeze at.

BigDawg819
08-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Way to justify your statement, I can tell you put a lot of thought into it.

His post was obviously a typo, check my post under his because I fixed it for him.

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Personally I think:

Manning
Palmer
Brees
Brady
Bulger

Are my top 5. McNabb makes 6 because of health issues.

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm not making this as an excuse or starting a fight.. but one could argue that A large part of Palmers success is his supply of weapons...

CJ, Housh, Henry.. Rudi, Perry, Watson and whenever Irons returns. Thats nothing to sneeze at.

A good quarterback is always going to appear to have good weapons because they make the players around them better. CJ was successful before Palmer that is a fact, but TJ didn't do much of anything before Carson took over. Perry is the only player on our team I think honestly makes Carson's numbers look better, he ups the completion percentage and gets massive YAC but he's never healthy anyway. If someone watched film on Carson and all the other QB's I think they would come away knowing without a doubt he's the most accurate QB in the league. Plus he absolutely without a doubt throws the best deep pass in the league, he rarely misses a WR that has a step on a corner.

I do see where you're coming from though.

BigDawg819
08-18-2007, 02:53 AM

Then you better not say Peyton is #1 then because he has had weapons forever almost.

RaiderNation
08-18-2007, 03:24 AM
palmer/brees at 3 and 4 then bulger then mccabb

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Then you better not say Peyton is #1 then because he has had weapons forever almost.

Did I argue that point. You're starting an argument out of nothing. I stated "I'm not arguing or fighting. One could consider Palmer not as good as a Brady or Brees because of over abundance of weapons".

I said someone could make that into a legitimate argument. I didn't. I merely stated it was possible and it could be debated.

Sniper
08-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Carson Palmer. Brady tops my list with Manning in second, but Carson Palmer is incredible as well. Great accuracy, fires lasers to his wideouts etc.. I really like Palmer a lot. For the record, I'd have my QBs as...

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Donovan McNabb
5. Drew Brees

Crazy_Chris
08-18-2007, 04:05 AM
When McNabb is Healthy he is right up there with palmer competeing for the #3 spot but when McNabbs not healthy its definatly got to be Palmer.

Dam8610
08-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Personally I think:

Manning
Palmer
Brees
Brady
Bulger

Are my top 5. McNabb makes 6 because of health issues.

WOW! Brees at 3? I have him at 4 because he puts up similar numbers to Brady, but Brady has done it longer. I think you have Bulger a bit high too. Sure, last year he was an elite QB without question, but before that he'd never even sniffed a TD/INT ratio of 2/1, and put up gaudy yardage numbers due to the Mike Martz offense. If McNabb didn't have health issues, he'd unquestionably be in the top 5 NFL QBs (right now, watch for that to change as the 06 QB class comes into its own). As is, I still say he's #5.

My top 5:
1) Peyton Manning
2) Carson Palmer
3) Tom Brady
4) Drew Brees
5) Donovan McNabb

In case you're wondering, Jim Sorgi doesn't make the list because evaluating him in comparison to other NFL QBs would be an incomprehensible injustice to his talent and abilities.

Dam8610
08-18-2007, 12:40 PM

Carson copied the best, that's why he's so good.

23trufant
08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I think Bulger should atleast be an option but I would go with Palmer

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 01:01 PM
WOW! Brees at 3? I have him at 4 because he puts up similar numbers to Brady, but Brady has done it longer. I think you have Bulger a bit high too. Sure, last year he was an elite QB without question, but before that he'd never even sniffed a TD/INT ratio of 2/1, and put up gaudy yardage numbers due to the Mike Martz offense. If McNabb didn't have health issues, he'd unquestionably be in the top 5 NFL QBs (right now, watch for that to change as the 06 QB class comes into its own). As is, I still say he's #5.

My top 5:
1) Peyton Manning
2) Carson Palmer
3) Tom Brady
4) Drew Brees
5) Donovan McNabb

In case you're wondering, Jim Sorgi doesn't make the list because evaluating him in comparison to other NFL QBs would be an incomprehensible injustice to his talent and abilities.

Which is Why I don't have McNabb at 5. but at 6.

It's hard to be a top 5 QB when you haven't played a full season in the past 2 years.

Brady/Brees is almost level IMO.

Palmer > Brady in my opinion.

Man_Of_Steel
08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Carson Palmer, he's deadly and so calm in the pocket. Rarely makes a bad decision.

Shiver
08-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Carson Palmer is closer to being #2, over Brady, than any of his competitors are from being better than he is.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Brees IMO but I would rather have McNabb then Bulger, put Bulger on a team without Steven Jackson, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Orlando Pace and on a team with weapons relatively the same skill level as McNabbs and tell me how he does.

nfrillman
08-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Brees IMO but I would rather have McNabb then Bulger, put Bulger on a team without Steven Jackson, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Orlando Pace and on a team with weapons relatively the same skill level as McNabbs and tell me how he does.

Let's not get into using hypothetical impossibilities. There is no way we can judge anything like that, there is absolutely zero analysis we can do on that, because it is not in the world of reality. I also know that Orlanda Pace is very good, but if you are implying that the Bulger gets the benefit of amazing line play then you are sorely mistaken. Look at the sack totals over the past few years, the Rams are near the top in sacks allowed year in and year out.

Let's see if Manning would be any good without Harrison, Wayne, Edge, Addai, Stokely. How about Palmer without CJ, Housh, Henry, Rudi, Perry. Or maybe Brees without Gates, LT, Bush, Colston, Horn. Let's not forget that McNabb has played with TO, Westbrook, and LJ Smith. Those are not players to scoff at. Why is it that people say a QBs success is due to the players around them, but a WRs, RBs, and TEs success is never attributed to the QB playing with them. No one ever goes around saying Harrison wouldn't be nearly as good without Manning, Holt wouldn't be the same without Warner/Bulger, CJ is lucky he has Palmer throwing him the ball, etc. People don't say it because it is a ridiculous statement. If a player is great year in and year out, it is because they are great players. Certainly having good players around you is beneficial, but it is not just beneficial for the QB, everyone is helped out.

Sniper
08-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Let's not get into using hypothetical impossibilities. There is no way we can judge anything like that, there is absolutely zero analysis we can do on that, because it is not in the world of reality. I also know that Orlanda Pace is very good, but if you are implying that the Bulger gets the benefit of amazing line play then you are sorely mistaken. Look at the sack totals over the past few years, the Rams are near the top in sacks allowed year in and year out.

Let's see if Manning would be any good without Harrison, Wayne, Edge, Addai, Stokely. How about Palmer without CJ, Housh, Henry, Rudi, Perry. Or maybe Brees without Gates, LT, Bush, Colston, Horn. Let's not forget that McNabb has played with TO, Westbrook, and LJ Smith. Those are not players to scoff at. Why is it that people say a QBs success is due to the players around them, but a WRs, RBs, and TEs success is never attributed to the QB playing with them. No one ever goes around saying Harrison wouldn't be nearly as good without Manning, Holt wouldn't be the same without Warner/Bulger, CJ is lucky he has Palmer throwing him the ball, etc. People don't say it because it is a ridiculous statement. If a player is great year in and year out, it is because they are great players. Certainly having good players around you is beneficial, but it is not just beneficial for the QB, everyone is helped out.

McNabb had one year with Owens and LJ drops way too many passes. Either way, McNabb's supporting cast is nowhere near the others

nfrillman
08-18-2007, 05:26 PM
McNabb had one year with Owens and LJ drops way too many passes. Either way, McNabb's supporting cast is nowhere near the others

I'm not saying his supporting cast is as good as the others, but its not as if he has been playing with a bunch of scrubs. I would personally take Bulger over McNabb, but I'm not even really wanting to debate that. I just get tired of people bringing up a QB's supporting cast and saying that is the only reason they are good, or that they would not be anywhere near as good without them. Manning, Palmer, Brees, and Bulger are great QB's regardless of who is around them. People really need to stop saying, "Well if this QB was in this situation then they wouldn't be as good." You cannot prove that, you really cannot argue that, because they were not and are not in that situation, so just give it a rest.

Bulger has played 5 seasons and has 4 seasons with a QB rating over 90.
McNabb has played has played 8 seasons and has 2 seasons with a QB rating over 90.

They have both had 3 seasons of over 20 TD's, Bulger again has 3 less years played.

Bulger has a career 64.4 completion percentage.
McNabb has a career 58.2 completion percentage.

Now I can't prove how the Rams would have done with McNabb instead of Bulger, or the Eagles with Bulger instead of McNabb, but based on the stats I'd say that Holt's numbers wouldn't be as good with McNabb, and the Eagles receivers would have more catches. Like I said, I have no idea how differently the teams would fair, because there are a number of uncalcuable factors that no one can be sure of.

fenikz
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Bulger then Palmer

BigDawg819
08-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Bulger then Palmer

Only if Palmer retired right now......

ks_perfection
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM

Its O-line is very underrated and is close to the bengals. The WR are alot worse, but having a good oline can let medicore recievers get open in time.

Ewing
08-18-2007, 09:55 PM
5. Chris Redman
4. Bradlee Van Pelt
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Matt Cassel
1. Jim Sorgi

Sniper
08-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Its O-line is very underrated and is close to the bengals. The WR are alot worse, but having a good oline can let medicore recievers get open in time.

Oh yeah our O-line is dirty. But the WR are really not good.

smittyjs
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
JC and then VYisaGod....... at this moment i would say Palmer is the #3 QB.

Vikes99ej
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Carson Palmer.

Aftermath
08-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah our O-line is dirty. But the WR are really not good.

Shawn Andrews is a tank.

Sniper
08-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Shawn Andrews is a tank.

This is true. And he's only going to get better.

Vikes99ej
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Shawn Andrews is a tank.

He is an injured tank.

TimD
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
simple list
manning
brady
palmer
brees
bulger

Eagles own the NFC East
08-18-2007, 11:04 PM

You make a good argument, I usually dont like using the example i did earlier, but I am just saying that Bulger might be a project of a system while McNabb was and is a pro bowl QB while have mediocre players around him on the offensive side of the ball for some years.

thetedginnshow
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Healthy, I'd take McNabb, personally. He has the arm, the accuracy, and the mobility. I think Palmer and Brees are fairly close, though.

nfrillman
08-19-2007, 12:12 AM
You make a good argument, I usually dont like using the example i did earlier, but I am just saying that Bulger might be a project of a system while McNabb was and is a pro bowl QB while have mediocre players around him on the offensive side of the ball for some years.

Wow, it's hard to believe that two people could express differing views without starting a gigantic homeristic and largely unintelligible argument. Kudos. I would still however, take Bulger over McNabb, but again, differing views are allowed.

elway777
08-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I think in the end it comes down to either Matt Cassel,Carson Palmer,Matt Leinart and ummmm...Rodney Peete.

MaxV
08-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Jim Sorgi....;)

Eaglez.Fan
08-19-2007, 11:09 AM
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Brees
6. Bulger

Injuries don't count towards who is the better QB, they really have nothing to do with it. People tend to forget that McNabb last year was in the top 2-3 in the major passing categories prior to his injury. And they forget that McNabb lead the eagles offense, which other than Westbrook doesn't have that much talent too, a top 5 offense in the league. (again prior to the injury)

Aftermath
08-19-2007, 11:15 AM
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Brees
6. Bulger

Injuries don't count towards who is the better QB, they really have nothing to do with it. People tend to forget that McNabb last year was in the top 2-3 in the major passing categories prior to his injury. And they forget that McNabb lead the eagles offense, which other than Westbrook doesn't have that much talent too, a top 5 offense in the league. (again prior to the injury)

People tend to forget the O-Line is part of the offense. And you have talent there.

Eaglez.Fan
08-19-2007, 11:18 AM
And Bulger and Brees don't?

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2007, 04:16 PM
This was tough for me, and I know most of you will think I am being a homer, but I went with McNabb over Carson Palmer, with Brees as #5 and Bulger as #6. All of those guys have had much better weapons at their disposal throughout their careers (CJ, Housh, and more for Palmer; Horn (briefly), Henderson, Bush Colston, and the underrated WR for the Chargers (name please), not to mention the best TE in the league in recent years; and Bruce and Holt for Bulger.) One thing of note to bring up, Bulger's #3 WR is now a starter for the Eagles, with Reggie Brown, the second best WR in McNabb's tenure as an Eagle. TO was the best by far, but that lasted 16 games plus the Superbowl, then that was done. Most of his career, Donovan has had starters such as Todd "Alligator Arms" (St)Pinkston, James Thrash (h optional) and Greg Lewis as starters, with Freddie Mitchell (no longer in the NFL) as a starter as well. All of those nicknames I have heard from fans of other teams, so I will take no credit for them. But that just goes to show the level of talent at the receiver slot has been lacking greatly for the Eagles. I think it would be a much different story if McNabb had the talent at the receiver positions than what his career has started out with. Another thing to mention, in the last two years, Donovan was having the best statistical years for any QB up until his injuries. I know he probably would have cooled down at least a little bit, but he was so far ahead of the next QB that he was still leading in yards and touchdowns two or three weeks after he was done playing. Didn't mean for this to be so long, but it just ended up happening this way, and there were a lot of points to bring to attention.

nfrillman
08-19-2007, 04:19 PM
And Bulger and Brees don't?

Umm, like I said earlier, I think you are sorely mistaken about the Rams offensive line. Pace is a stud, and Alex Barron is very good, but as a whole the Rams pass protection is not very good at all.

Philly gave up 28 sacks last year, tied for 8th best in the league.
St. Louis gave up 49 sacks last year, ahead of only Cleveland, Detroit, and Oakland.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2007, 04:32 PM
A good offensive line goes a long way, and McNabb has had a good O-line the last few years, but McNabb just seems to have better overall throwing ability than Bulger. One advantage Donovan had over Bulger was his mobility, though Bulger wasn't anywhere near a statue, his scrambling is underrated. Now I would say they are about equal in terms of mobility, but McNabb seems like he has a slight edge in terms of on the field leadership. To comment on an earlier statement about Bulger, he isn't a result of one system, he has gone through at least 2 offensive coordinators that I know of, and I am pretty sure there aren't many offensive schemes similar to Mike Martz's. One more thing Donovan has an advantage over all of those other ones mentioned. Neither have lead their team to a Superbowl, and Brees has lead the Saints to the NFC title game, but only once so far, and didn't win it yet. McNabb lost three and won one, so there is an advantage over Palmer and Brees. One more thing, Donovan has the best winning percentage of all of the other options, and isn't the game mostly about winning?