PDA

View Full Version : Mock 08

23trufant
08-18-2007, 12:48 PM
1. Atlanta Falcons - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Michael Vick is done, Joey Harrington is not the answer, Petrino picks his former Louisville QB.

2. Houston Texans - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The Texans have been searching for Oline help since their franchise began, Long should help Shuab develope.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Teaming Gaines Adams with Campbell will excite fans and scare offenses for years.

4. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Julius Jones has been ok but Dallas needs more, McFadden is the top RB in the draft hands down.

5. Tennessee Titans - DeSean Jackson, WR, California
Vince Young has almost no weapons around him.

6. Minnesota Vikings - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Kevin and Pat Williams make up one of the best DT duos in the NFL but Pat Williams is in the final year of his contract and even if he resigns he is about 35 years old.

7. Washington Redskins - Frank Okam, DT, Texas
This was an area of concern last yera and nothing was done so I dont see why it wont be an area of concern this year.

8. Kansas City Chiefs - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
The Chiefs D has been its weak point for years but over the last couple of years they have been adding nice talent, Maualuga should help transform this D into something nice.

9. Arizona Cardinals - Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
With Arizona switching to some 3/4 Harvey will be a nice fit.

10. Buffalo Bills - Dan Conner, LB, Penn State
Bills pretty much cleaned house at LB this offseason so adding one should help. Dan Conner and Paul Poz used to dominate together at Penn State.

Tell me what you think so far ....

I was thinking
Kenny Phillips maybe to the Cards
Limas Sweed or Early Doucet to the Bills

just throw some ideas out there

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 01:11 PM
1. Atlanta Falcons - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Michael Vick is done, Joey Harrington is not the answer, Petrino picks his former Louisville QB.

Good Pick at a position of need

2. Houston Texans - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The Texans have been searching for Oline help since their franchise began, Long should help Shuab develope.

They do need OL Help, but I don't know if they'll decide to nix the idea of a ZBS as I don't think Long fits.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Teaming Gaines Adams with Campbell will excite fans and scare offenses for years.

Would be a great Duo, but there's better choices.. Glenn Dorsey for one. They have 2 solid DE's right now... They have other issues..

4. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Julius Jones has been ok but Dallas needs more, McFadden is the top RB in the draft hands down.

I think this is the pick.. I just don't think it makes sense.. There will be more RB's and Dallas could use a Kenny Phillips/Justin King more.. Then again they have 1 more picks.

5. Tennessee Titans - DeSean Jackson, WR, California
Vince Young has almost no weapons around him.

Agreed

6. Minnesota Vikings - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Kevin and Pat Williams make up one of the best DT duos in the NFL but Pat Williams is in the final year of his contract and even if he resigns he is about 35 years old.

I think this team has more glaring weaknesses than DT.. In fact that is their strong point. A WR, S or DE seem more pressing.

7. Washington Redskins - Frank Okam, DT, Texas
This was an area of concern last yera and nothing was done so I dont see why it wont be an area of concern this year.

Agreed

8. Kansas City Chiefs - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
The Chiefs D has been its weak point for years but over the last couple of years they have been adding nice talent, Maualuga should help transform this D into something nice.

Kansas City Cheifs have a seriously erradicated OL. I love Maualuga and he'd upgrade that defense.. but they have about 5 different LB's that could make serious contributions. Give them Baker

9. Arizona Cardinals - Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
With Arizona switching to some 3/4 Harvey will be a nice fit.

Agreed.

10. Buffalo Bills - Dan Conner, LB, Penn State
Bills pretty much cleaned house at LB this offseason so adding one should help. Dan Conner and Paul Poz used to dominate together at Penn State.

I think they'd lean more Quentin Groves or Keith Rivers(Prototype WLB). With Poz in the middle, PSU is moving Connor to MLB. You would basically have 2 identical MLB's.. I'd give them a more dynamic Player like Rivers/Groves.

Tell me what you think so far ....

I was thinking
Kenny Phillips maybe to the Cards
Limas Sweed or Early Doucet to the Bills

just throw some ideas out there

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Damn, I'm not saying it won't happen but that'd suck if the Browns are that bad.

Man_Of_Steel
08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I think jackson at 5 to the Titans is pretty high. Yes its a good fit but because a playmaker on ofense is what the Titans need but do you really think Jackson is a top 5 player? Personally I dont see him in the top 10 and top 15 is probably gonna be his boarder of give and take. so althougb the pick makes sense its not good value for the Titans, a team that has many many holes.

HoopsDemon12
08-18-2007, 02:27 PM
stiller dan connor is a way more athletic player than Poz and i think is way better suited to outside linebacker.. i think teh only similarities they have is that they played and Penn State

princefielder28
08-18-2007, 04:02 PM
kenny phillips is a top 10 player

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 04:04 PM
stiller dan connor is a way more athletic player than Poz and i think is way better suited to outside linebacker.. i think teh only similarities they have is that they played and Penn State

I think Connor is more athletic, but he's still not more athletic than Rivers/Groves IMO. Rivers is the prototype of a WLB.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll just give you an A.

Caddy
08-18-2007, 09:38 PM
A top 4 DE 2 years in a row is a luxury the Bucs could not afford.

lod01
08-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Damn, I'm not saying it won't happen but that'd suck if the Browns are that bad.

Unfortunately, they are. But if Quinn somehow turns into a great one, it won't matter. They gambled and it will be a few years before anyone sees who won that bet.

princefielder28
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
A top 4 DE 2 years in a row is a luxury the Bucs could not afford.

The pick would have to be Dorsey

KCJ58
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
i like the pick for the Texans perfect guy right there but no Rams pick :(

23trufant
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
i like the pick for the Texans perfect guy right there but no Rams pick :(

Atleast it is a plus they arent picking in the top 10

Im about to finish the mock though.

KILLERSANTA
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Dmac to the cowboys is never the wrong pick.......jones is gone after this year.

Vikes99ej
08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
A very intriguing pick for the Vikings.