PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shockley out for the season

Shiver
08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
AJC (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/19/shockley_0820.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21)

Team officials spent the weekend exploring options to replace Shockley, who was competing with Redman for the No. 2 job behind starter Joey Harrington. They Falcons have held trade talks with Philadelphia about veteran Kelly Holcomb but nothing had developed as of Sunday.

Holcomb would be an interesting addition.

Flyboy
08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
And Tim Couch! :)

Shiver
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
If I didn't like you I would hit you with a "trolling" infraction... ;-p

BrownsTown
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Wow, the good news keeps on coming for you guys.

Shiver
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
At least most of us expected a rebuilding year any way. If bad luck was to strike it might as well be this one.

iloxygenil
08-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I figured he was headed towards being cut anyway to be honest, this just saves him =/

Flyboy
08-20-2007, 02:01 AM
If I didn't like you I would hit you with a "trolling" infraction... ;-p

Hey now. Top 3 (assuming) can be good for some teams! Look what it did for us! :)

Shiver
08-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey now. Top 3 (assuming) can be good for some teams! Look what it did for us! :)

The savior of the Falcons' franchise...

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/11/08/cfb.mailbag/t1_1107_brohm_getty.jpg

Flyboy
08-20-2007, 02:06 AM
I certainly hope not. Never been a big Brohm fan myself.

On second thought, draft him. Just don't take D-Mac plz.

kthx

HEISMANHERSCHEL
08-20-2007, 03:25 AM
I am pissed. I love me some D J Shockley. He was awesome in college.

DraftMichaelHuff
08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
without seeing them play, at all, i like Woodson better than Brohm, i dont know why though, but either would be nice.

heck...maybe we should trade for the rights to Jamarcus Russell, he doesnt seem too keen to go to camp lol

georgiafan
08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Alot of fans didn't care about the whole Vick thing, because Shockley was the backup and people wanted to see him play. Shockley has the strongest arm on the team ( not counting vick) and one of the fastest QB in the NFL. Unlike Vick though he is a leader and well liked on and off the field. In the game friday he made a audible and changed the play at the line of scrimmage which resulted in a first down. I don't even think Mora let Vick call audibles the last few years. Chris Redman and Joey Harrington both looked terrible friday and we will not win more then 8 games this year. Now that DJ is out for the year he won't have a chance to prove he is the QB of the future and we will have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB.

iloxygenil
08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
He would have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER been the QB of the future ANYWHERE. that is just pure insanity to say. I mean in the AFL sure, or maybe CFL...but not in the NFL.

Harrington simply wasn't bad the other night...that's all there is to it...4/7 with an INT...2 dropped passes so that's 6/7 and the INT he totally lost his footing and should have just held the ball but once that decision is made it's too tough to turn it off and look for something else. Joey isn't great by any means, but horrible? c'mon.

georgiafan
08-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Who ever plays QB for the falcons is going to have to learn to live with droped passes until the WR prove they can catch. Shockley has a good game and your argument is that it was luck. Did he not sign a autograph for you as a kid ? Maybe he isn't t he QB of the future, but has better chance then Redman does.

thefalconer
08-20-2007, 02:28 PM
harrington played bad friday. dont give me all the excuses. shockley played well but against a weak defense. he'll be missed.

woodson seems to be the flashier qb. with his big frame and whatnot but brohm seems to be that manning-esque traditional qb. personally i like woodson more but that all depends on his performance this season. after all sec is wayy beyond the big east in talent.

iloxygenil
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
LMAO all the love for Shockley amuses me. GO UGA lmao. Harrington DIDN'T Play bad...2 dropped passes out of 7 and 1 poor throw out of 7 isn't bad, I'll take it...no problem.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I figured he was headed towards being cut anyway to be honest, this just saves him =/

No way. He's far better than Redman, and with Joey at QB, DJ probably would have gotten some playing time.

Flyboy
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe the Falcons can just sign Aaron Brooks?

georgiafan
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Maybe the Falcons can just sign Aaron Brooks?

He is vick's cousin so I don't think thats going to happen

Flyboy
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
He is vick's cousin so I don't think thats going to happen

And? Just because he's Vick's cousin doesn't mean he's involved in dogfighting too. I could understand wanting to not associate with anyone involved with Vick or related to him, though.

LonghornsLegend
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
im not a UGA fan, but i thought shockley looked alot better this year then he did in previous years, and actually looked like he could start this year..he made some good plays, very athletic, and that might of helped out more so then just relying on harringtons arm

thefalconer
08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
damn turf injuries are so annoying because they are so preventable.

BamaFalcon59
08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Can we please stop with the dropped passes excuse? I did it all the time last year but really we can't do this. Everyone has drops. I mean it just sounds stupid to say "he should have been _____".

neko4
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
so whos backing up Harrington? Redman?
Atleast w/ DJ yall had a running QB