PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Jones

saintsfan912
08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey, does anyone know the status of Kevin Jones? I've searched the internet up and down and cant find anything. Is he still injured? Gonna be the starter? I picked him up in the 10th round of my fantasy draft, just want to know if he was worth it.

I also picked up Calvin Johnson, damn I hope he has a huge year.

Addict
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
KJ, as far as I knows is still injured and won't be the starter when the season kicks off. They said they hoped to get him back halfway. Here's to hoping he does in fact come back.

And don't worry, CJ will do fine. Kitna would've been nice too. He's bound to have big stats with CJ-Roy Williams to throw at

saintsfan912
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Well I picked up Brady instead of Kitna cause of the concern of the Lions oline.
I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league. Counts 1 point per 3 receptions and we get a flex. Also get a point for every 25 return yards for the defense/special teams.

Westbrook
McGahee
Adrian Peterson (Vikings)
Tom Brady
Calvin
Chicago D
Chris Cooley
DJ Hackett
Kevin Jones
Patrick Crayton
Michael Jenkins
Alex Smith QB
Greg Olsen
Dwayne Jarrett

As you can see I don't value WRs all that much. More concerned with RBs as they score more points of course.

Addict
08-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Well I picked up Brady instead of Kitna cause of the concern of the Lions oline.
I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league. Counts 1 point per 3 receptions and we get a flex. Also get a point for every 25 return yards for the defense/special teams.

Westbrook
McGahee
Adrian Peterson (Vikings)
Tom Brady
Calvin
Chicago D
Chris Cooley
DJ Hackett
Kevin Jones
Patrick Crayton
Michael Jenkins
Alex Smith QB
Greg Olsen
Dwayne Jarrett

As you can see I don't value WRs all that much. More concerned with RBs as they score more points of course.

that's a wasted pick... Jenkins can't catch a cold.

saintsfan912
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Of course he can't when Vick is throwing the ball to him. Harrington should be a little better for him. There was really nobody else to pick.

Man_Of_Steel
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Brady in the forth is "wow".

jbombul
08-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Of course he can't when Vick is throwing the ball to him. Harrington should be a little better for him. There was really nobody else to pick.

lol!!!! (10 characters)

saintsfan912
08-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Brady in the forth is "wow".

I'm glad I picked him then cause the next 5 picks were QBs.

joercky
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Kevin Jones will probably remain on the PUP list which he can get off of in week 6 because of his Lisfranc injury.

Addict
08-21-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm glad I picked him then cause the next 5 picks were QBs.

Nice! Still Tom Brady lasting until round five is insane.

saintsfan912
08-21-2007, 08:48 AM
What was even more suprising was Peyton going #4, haha. That guy didn't have much of a clue with what he was doing. He didn't pick a HB til like round 5 or 6. His starting backs are both backups, haha.

TacticaLion
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm big on "bye week" drafting... drafting each player from a specific bye week. That way, your starting group will be intact for the entire season (minus one game).

Week 6 was definitely the biggest, with the Colts, Lions, 49ers, Broncos and Bills being the teams off that week. I came out with this:

1 - Frank Gore
2 - Travis Henry
3 - Marshawn Lynch
4 - Roy Williams
5 - Javon Walker
6 - Jon Kitna
7 - Vernon Davis
8 - Broncos D/ST

Lets hope Kitna has a good year (and the backs stay healthy).

jbombul
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm big on "bye week" drafting... drafting each player from a specific bye week. That way, your starting group will be intact for the entire season (minus one game).

Week 6 was definitely the biggest, with the Colts, Lions, 49ers, Broncos and Bills being the teams off that week. I came out with this:

1 - Frank Gore
2 - Travis Henry
3 - Marshawn Lynch
4 - Roy Williams
5 - Javon Walker
6 - Jon Kitna
7 - Vernon Davis
8 - Broncos D/ST

Lets hope Kitna has a good year (and the backs stay healthy).

thats a good team tatical my team looks like this

qb-mcnabb
rb-lj
rb-maroney
wr-fitzgerald
wr-moss
wr-reggie brown
te-heap
defense-chargers
k-wilkins

TacticaLion
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
thats a good team tatical my team looks like this

qb-mcnabb
rb-lj
rb-maroney
wr-fitzgerald
wr-moss
wr-reggie brown
te-heap
defense-chargers
k-wilkins
God I wish the Chargers had week 6 as a bye week... because I wanted that defense. Bad.

Very solid draft. Like Maroney and Heap a lot. I would probably trade/look for a emerging RB to take over for Reggie Brown (if you have a flex spot)... I like running 3 RBs/2 WRs... but that might just be me.

Addict
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
better fantasy back: Addai or Maroney, both new featured backs of two contending franchises... who's who's daddy?

saintsfan912
08-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Addai. Better numbers, a ring, and a better skill set. Both have tremendous teams around them so it really all boils down to QB and Oline play. Tough call but I'll go with my boy Joe Joe.

Addict
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Addai. Better numbers, a ring, and a better skill set. Both have tremendous teams around them so it really all boils down to QB and Oline play. Tough call but I'll go with my boy Joe Joe.

a ring doesn't really count tho, as an RB. Rhodes was the better Colts RB in the SB.

I do think Addai has an edge, just the better O-line and him not REALLY having the defense's full attention (courtesy of a certain #18), whereas yea, Maroney does have Brady, but the pats line isn't as good as the colts' and brady isn't as productive as Manning, just more clutch.

saintsfan912
08-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't know if I would call him more clutch. Brady has never won a Super Bowl without the help of a hellacious defense. Peyton has.

saintsfan912
08-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Also, we will see this year who is better now that Brady has WRs to throw to and Brady will have more attention given to him.

TacticaLion
08-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I take Addai... for two reasons: the offense the Colts run and the offense the Pats run.

Addai will constantly get the ball in the air and, when he runs with it, will run well (as a result of the Colts passing attack).

Maroney is a bruiser, but the Pats offense might lean more towards passing to Stallworth/Moss/Welker and not hitting him out of the backfield. He'll still rush well, though... I just dont think his numbers will be near Addai.

If that makes sense...

jbombul
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
God I wish the Chargers had week 6 as a bye week... because I wanted that defense. Bad.

Very solid draft. Like Maroney and Heap a lot. I would probably trade/look for a emerging RB to take over for Reggie Brown (if you have a flex spot)... I like running 3 RBs/2 WRs... but that might just be me.

yea it sux, i did it with a bunch of guys i know n they added 3 recievers instead of the flex which sux. it also sucks cuz i did everything over the phone i had to work when it was going on and i couldnt make it to the draft so i did picks off the top of my head

Addict
08-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't know if I would call him more clutch. Brady has never won a Super Bowl without the help of a hellacious defense. Peyton has.

oh please. Let's not forget that:

- the Bears (Peyton's SB opponent) wasn't an offensive powerhouse by any standard
- the colts defense was playing well above the sum of their parts in the last playoffs
- the colts running game was very good (Rhodes deserved SB MVP more then Peyton did)
- Peyton personally messed up a few SB runs for the Colts the years before (two years ago for instance)

so before we crown St. Payton's ass, let's see him win one against a team that doesn't rely on it's awesome defense (which was operating with a weakened D-line).

WMD
08-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Lions decided to keep Kevin Jones on the PUP list.. He's going to miss the first 5 games of the year.

WMD
09-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Lions decided to keep Kevin Jones on the PUP list.. He's going to miss the first 5 games of the year.

Scratch that.. Faulty reporting by Kowalski, Kevin Jones is OFF the PUP list and could play Week 1.

Scotty D
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Scratch that.. Faulty reporting by Kowalski, Kevin Jones is OFF the PUP list and could play Week 1.

Awesome news. I got Kevin Jones incredibly late in one of my ff drafts because everyone thought he was on the pup. I drafted him thinking he would be on the pup because my rbs didnt have a bye until week 8.

Addict
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM

thats good.

you quoted yourself!

WMD
09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
thats good.

you quoted yourself!

I had to! bukkake

Addict
09-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I had to! bukkake

Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do BDSM

thebow305
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Do you guys think Jones will start as soon as he gets back after week 6 or whenever after he comes back, or do you think they will ease him back this year and let Bell start the majority of the games?

TheMadLionsFan
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Do you guys think Jones will start as soon as he gets back after week 6 or whenever after he comes back, or do you think they will ease him back this year and let Bell start the majority of the games?

I think that when Jones finally gets back he will split carries with Tatum Bell....or he might take 65 to 70% of the carries as well as be more involved in the running game....Mike Martz has a hard-on for Kevin Jones.....picked him off waivers huh?...lol

Scotty D
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I think that Bell should get a higher percent of the carries when Jones gets back. Jones needs to earn his starting spot back.

Addict
09-14-2007, 09:00 AM
I think that Bell should get a higher percent of the carries when Jones gets back. Jones needs to earn his starting spot back.

I agree, Jones never really did much in our offense to begin with, let's see if he can beat out tatum bell before he's named starter again.

LionSmack
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I predict that when and if KJ comes back and feels right again, he will finally have the breakout that we've been hoping for. I've always been in favor of his character, I think he's a warrior, and I think he's been held back by the utter chaos there's been on offense since he's been here. Plus, Martz is in his corner, thinks he's a great player, and will be motivated to utilize him well when he returns.

The Lions still won't be a power-running team with KJ in there, and he may not rush for 100 yards a game, but he will be a solid weapon and make plays that help the team week in and week out.

TacticaLion
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
They should move KJones to FB...

Joke, but still... in Madden, that's a dominant setup. Furrey to TE and KJones to FB... you basically have 5 playmakers in a 2 WR set.

Jagonsucker
09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Killer is reporting hes gonna play a few downs in the Philly game...hopefully he opens up the running game...cuz its been dreadfull to say the least