PDA

View Full Version : Andre Fluellen

Dawg4L21
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Do you guys think Fluellen could make a good 34 DE? and do you see him falling to the 2nd round? My Brownies first pick is obviously there and we need DL especially 34 DE help BAAAD...wondering if Fluellen is a legit possibility for us

thebow305
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
I guess it's possible.. he does have the height and quickness. I see him as a better fit in the 4-3 as a DT, but it could work because he does have good quickness for a man of his size. Also, I see him as a late first, early second round guy so I think it is a good possibility. But the draft is a LONG time away so only time will tell my friend.

etk
08-22-2007, 12:16 AM
That's an interesting question. My immediate answer would be yes, because he has the height and quickness like thebow said. Obviously he's more accustomed to the 4-3, but 3-4 DEs aren't exactly a dime a dozen so I can see him joining the likes of other ACC DTs like Kareem Brown & Orien Harris that make the move to the 3-4 because of their athleticism.

Stufazz
08-23-2007, 08:34 AM
he has the quickness of an end, has benefited in the past from having the likes of bunkley . consistent run stopper

TACKLE
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I like that idea. He got the right combo of size/speed for the position. I think he has a great body type for it.

Music and Football
08-25-2007, 09:24 PM
We'll have to see how he does this year. Last year he got hosed because FSU had such bad injuries on the DL. He had to move to NT and they moved a 250 lb DE to the DT spot. This year he has a bunch of other really good DT's playing next to him and he is back at the DT spot. And their DE's don't suck this year. So I expect to see a lot less double teams than last year. Expect to see a big season with a lot of stats (probably a Travis Johnson type senior season).

Also his weight will be an issue. He got down to 280 earlier in the summer but plans to play this season at like 295. We'll see where he is at by the time the combine rolls around. No one would have ever thought that Bunkley or Jonson would have checked in at 300+ considering that everyone thought their playing weight was in the 280's.

I would actually like to see Tampa pick him up in the 2nd if we can.

etk
08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
We'll have to see how he does this year. Last year he got hosed because FSU had such bad injuries on the DL. He had to move to NT and they moved a 250 lb DE to the DT spot. This year he has a bunch of other really good DT's playing next to him and he is back at the DT spot. And their DE's don't suck this year. So I expect to see a lot less double teams than last year. Expect to see a big season with a lot of stats (probably a Travis Johnson type senior season).

Also his weight will be an issue. He got down to 280 earlier in the summer but plans to play this season at like 295. We'll see where he is at by the time the combine rolls around. No one would have ever thought that Bunkley or Jonson would have checked in at 300+ considering that everyone thought their playing weight was in the 280's.

I would actually like to see Tampa pick him up in the 2nd if we can.

I would too. I don't really see UT as a 1st round need.

draftguru151
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Does someone other than Jovan Haye usually start there? If he's the normal starter I'd definitely consider Dorsey a target.

etk
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Does someone other than Jovan Haye usually start there? If he's the normal starter I'd definitely consider Dorsey a target.

Many predict Haye to be the starter this year. If that's the case I will want the best available UT, which is probably Dorsey. Kevin Carter or Ellis Wyms could also start, and I think Wyms is solid when healthy. If Wyms is starting and remaining healthy we should be fine at UT for now. We did trade McFarland to get him in the starting lineup anyway.

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Do you guys think Fluellen could make a good 34 DE? and do you see him falling to the 2nd round? My Brownies first pick is obviously there and we need DL especially 34 DE help BAAAD...wondering if Fluellen is a legit possibility for us

Fluellen is a possible target..

Though there are some guys who look more properly built for the position.

DeMario Pressley
Red Bryant
Carlton Powell
Kendall Langford
Maurice Murray
Keilen Dykes
Dre Moore
Jason Shirley (6'5 330, 5.04 40) One of my favorite prospects this year.
Barry Booker
Kentwan Balmer
Ropati Pitoitua
Chris Norwell
Nate Robinson, My 2nd favorite 3-4 DE prospect this year.