PDA

View Full Version : Which juniors do you think will leave early

Axl Rose
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
On know it depends on how their season goes and if they avoid injury but who do you see leaving early?

neko4
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Desean and Darren
Dont see any QB's coming out early

08-20-2007, 11:07 PM
we all already kno darren mcfadden is gonna leave as a junior..other top juniors i see leavin r desean jackson, kenny phillips, calais campbell, michael oher, derrick harvey, steve slaton, james laurinaitis, martellus bennett, jonathan stewart and aqib talib just to name a few

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g203/keepnitgangsta1/Sigs%202/Reggie-Bush.gif

Jonny
08-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Ray Rice is a lock to leave, that's what I've heard from a couple sources.

DChess
08-21-2007, 11:15 AM

get ready to be flamed

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Darren McFadden and Desean Jackson of course. I think Jonathan Stewart, Steve Slaton, and James Davis all leave too. Malcolm Kelly from Oklahoma and Mario Manningham too at WR. Martellus Bennett at TE. On defense Vernon Gholston and Malcolm Jenkins are gone after the year, and of course Calais Campbell, Aqib Talib, Justin King, Derrick Harvey, and Kenny Phillips. Unfortunately James Laurinaitis might leave too b/c his dad had problems when his body wore down from the wear and tear of wrestling, even though LBs at Ohio State usually stay 4 years under Jim Tressel.

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not too sure about Oher leaving. I don't expect Brandon Flowers or Victor Harris to leave early. I think Ore should leave early, seeing as no one wants a 23 or 24 year-old rookie.

josh07039
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Ray Rice is a lock to leave, that's what I've heard from a couple sources. Who are your secret sources? Do you know his mom, or did you talk to his high school coach, or do you actually claim to be ray rice?

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Ray Rice is one star that I can picture staying all four years. I don't know why.

Apriori
08-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I really don't think that Manningham comes out...Outside of Branch and Shazor Michigan doesn't have a lot of guys that come out early (and frankly coming out wasn't too good for either of those guys)
Also, like I said in another thread, Michigan's offense is going to need a guy to bring it together next season with Henne/Long/Hart leaving. We have a bunch of skilled younger guys like Brandon Minor, Greg Matthews, and Ryan Mallett, but they need a veteran to keep things together.

It's the same situation that Braylon Edwards was in. John Navarre and Chris Perry graduated, he was an All-American, and we didn't have an established QB or RB, but he stuck around and got us to the Rose Bowl.

08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
na i think manningham is gonna leave as a junior cuz practically every star on the Michigan O is a senior and he wont wanna be left behind

Addict
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not too sure about Oher leaving. I don't expect Brandon Flowers or Victor Harris to leave early. I think Ore should leave early, seeing as no one wants a 23 or 24 year-old rookie.

John Beck said hi.

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
John Beck said hi.

Good for him. I don't want a player who's going to be 30 in a few years. That's just me. And age in the NFL is different for QBs and RBs.

HoopsDemon12
08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Good for him. I don't want a player who's going to be 30 in a few years. That's just me. And age in the NFL is different for QBs and RBs.

ya cause the older your QB is the more experiance he usually has... older your runningback is means the more wear and tear he has on his body..

thebow305
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
na i think manningham is gonna leave as a junior cuz practically every star on the Michigan O is a senior and he wont wanna be left behind

Braylon did.

That's a terrible reason. I hope he stays now because you said that.

Also... Kenny and Calais are a lock to leave IMO. As sad as that makes me, it will be a devastating day in Miami when that happens IMO. I just hope Moncur stays after this year. He is going to have a breakout season this year and may even be better than Calais. ***gasp***

Cashmoney
08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
what underclass QB's do you guys see leaving if any at all? Rudy Carpenter, Nate Longeshore, Bobby Reid?

HoopsDemon12
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
what underclass QB's do you guys see leaving if any at all? Rudy Carpenter, Nate Longeshore, Bobby Reid?

i dont really see any of them leaving... it wouldnt be good for them because htere are some good seniors that i dont think any of them are better than

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Braylon was an exception. He would've left after his junior season I can promise you if he did not do so poorly in the Rose Bowl that year, and if that 2004 draft didn't have so many 1st round receivers in it (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, ReggieWilliams, M.Clayton, L.Evans, M.Jenkins, R.Woods). Manningham will be in the draft barring injury next April.

Don Vito
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't see Oher leaving. Nothing is definite but people have said around campus he wants to play out his whole career here.

TimD
08-21-2007, 05:19 PM

yeah but what position would he play in the nfl... i know he's built like a LT but he plays g in college

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
yeah but what position would he play in the nfl... i know he's built like a LT but he plays g in college

Oher would probably play OG in the NFL.

TimD
08-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Oher would probably play OG in the NFL.

oh man i like drool over the possibility of him playing LT... the position was born for him... and i want him to play it even more after reading the book about him and the evolution of the LT...

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 05:49 PM
oh man i like drool over the possibility of him playing LT... the position was born for him... and i want him to play it even more after reading the book about him and the evolution of the LT...

I don't know if he has the size to play tackle, though. He's listed at around 6'4 320, so he'll probably measure at the combine around 6'3, and you don't see many 6'3 OTs. Kinda like the Justin Blalock situation, except Oher has more potential.

thebow305
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't know if he has the size to play tackle, though. He's listed at around 6'4 320, so he'll probably measure at the combine around 6'3, and you don't see many 6'3 OTs. Kinda like the Justin Blalock situation, except Oher has more potential.

Exactly. It just also depends on where he was drafted. Vernon Carey is right around 6'3"-6'4" with the same build almost as Oher and we have Carey playing LT. Granted we have him sorely out of position, Oher could end up the same way, but he may have more potential at guard than he does at tackle with his beefy frame.

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
He would probably be a great fit at guard, but some team is gonna draft Oher to play left tackle for them in the NFL, that's just how it works. If they pick him high and he doesn't work out at LT, they'll move him to guard and call it a success. He might be a guard eventually, but at least early in his career they're gonna play him at LT......or they'll play him at guard early and let him ease into the LT spot likes some teams do.

...And LT is not really about the height, but the lenght of his arms and the quickness of his feet. Jason Peters is only 6-4 as is Jonas Jennings, but those 2 have the skills necessary to be an NFL left tackle even though they aren't 6-6.

WarOnTheShore
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gholston, Laurinaitis or Boone leave early from Ohio State. Rumor is they've already spoken with agents. Same with Nic Harris, Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers.

PACKmanN
08-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Justin King could leave because of the fact he better then Cason who is leaving as a Senior.

Brent
08-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Martellus Bennett

scottyboy
08-21-2007, 07:56 PM

please stop talking about Rutgers and Ray Rice. No one is a "lock" to leave early, no matter what your imaginary friend "sources" told you.

i personally think Rice will stay. In reality i think its about 70% that he will stay. of course, it depends on what scouts tell him after this year, but i have a funny feeling that he'll stay.

* please not i've had similar funny feelings on Strahan will return to the Giants, the broncos-skins deal would heavily favor the broncos(portis-champ) and i had a feeling Peyton would win the super bowl this year...(start of year)

OhioState
08-21-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah, i think that Jenkins and Gholston will leave after this season but would be suprised if Alex Boone left. I just don't think that he has gotten the national attention that he would need and even if he gets some love this year i still think that he will benefit from a senior season.

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I hope Earl Bennett Stays..

I think he's the more athletically gifted Hines Ward.

P-L
08-21-2007, 09:16 PM
RB Darren McFadden
RB Steve Slaton
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Branden Ore
RB James Davis

WR DeSean Jackson
WR Mario Manningham
WR Mario Urrutia
WR James Hardy

TE Martellus Bennett

OL Michael Oher

DE Calais Campbell
DE Derrick Harvey
DE Vernon Gholston
DE Tyson Jackson

LB Brian Cushing
LB Erin Henderson
LB James Laurinaitis
LB Rey Maualuga

CB Aqib Talib
CB Jack Ikegwuonu
CB Justin King
CB Malcolm Jenkins

S Kenny Phillips
S Michael Hamlin
S Kevin Ellison

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Everyone needs to watch our for Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson. He could be 2007's Jamaal Anderson. 5 sacks last year as a backup, and he has outstanding athletic ability for a 6'7 250 defensive lineman.

badgerbacker
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope Travis Beckum doesn't think he's ready for the NFL if he has another good statistical year.

thebow305
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Everyone needs to watch our for Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson. He could be 2007's Jamaal Anderson. 5 sacks last year as a backup, and he has outstanding athletic ability for a 6'7 250 defensive lineman.

For as much trouble as we get from people (haters) about how bad the ACC is, we put out some massive talent on draft day, that's for sure! All I have to say is Shawne Merriman, Frank Gore, and Calvin Johnson, just to name a few. Not to mention 2006 number one overall pick Mario Williams.

Vikes99ej
08-21-2007, 10:16 PM
I hope Travis Beckum doesn't think he's ready for the NFL if he has another good statistical year.

That boy needs to put some weight on.

P-L
08-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Definitely. Good statistical year or not, he isn't going to be a high draft pick at 220. I've heard scouts say the want Martellus Bennett (240) to pack on a couple pounds.

Jonny
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Who are your secret sources? Do you know his mom, or did you talk to his high school coach, or do you actually claim to be ray rice?

People close to the program and close to Ray from New Rochelle.

I'm a Rutgers fan man. We'll be fine with Kordell Young and Mason Robinson.

please stop talking about Rutgers and Ray Rice. No one is a "lock" to leave early, no matter what your imaginary friend "sources" told you.

Think what you want. The truth is that he has to support his family. I feel bad about him leaving, but good for him, he's doing what he has to.

I'm not making this up. Wish it wasn't true, but he's gone.

i personally think Rice will stay. In reality i think its about 70% that he will stay. of course, it depends on what scouts tell him after this year, but i have a funny feeling that he'll stay.

* please not i've had similar funny feelings on Strahan will return to the Giants, the broncos-skins deal would heavily favor the broncos(portis-champ) and i had a feeling Peyton would win the super bowl this year...(start of year)[/quote]

This is a joke, right?

goblue8888
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I would say manningham is 51-49 in favor of leaving right now. However, i wouldnt be surprised if carr covinces him to come back because right now all he can do is go deep. Also Mallett is a freak of nature at qb and manningham may want to play with him.

Sniper
08-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I would say manningham is 51-49 in favor of leaving right now. However, i wouldnt be surprised if carr covinces him to come back because right now all he can do is go deep. Also Mallett is a freak of nature at qb and manningham may want to play with him.

Mario is gone man. No way would he stick around to play with freshmen his senior year, especially if Michigan does really well this year.

RaiderNation
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
McFadden???

goblue8888
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Mario is gone man. No way would he stick around to play with freshmen his senior year, especially if Michigan does really well this year.

Mallett would be a soph and edwards made himself a top 3 pick with a frosh qb.

P-L
08-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Mario likely will leave, but he should stay. Right now he's overrated IMO and needs to show he can do more than run by people and catch balls placed perfectly in his hands.

Brent
08-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I've heard scouts say the want Martellus Bennett (240) to pack on a couple pounds.
granted these arent always right but on our football team's site (http://www.aggieathletics.com/bios.php?SID=MFB&PID=7610&YOS=2007) it says he's 255, which is probably close to the truth.

Sniper
08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Mallett would be a soph and edwards made himself a top 3 pick with a frosh qb.

I said freshmen, not A freshmAN. The majority of the team will be young bucks. And I'm all too familiar with Braylon but the majority of players don't stay in that situation.

HoopsDemon12
08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
I said freshmen, not A freshmAN. The majority of the team will be young bucks. And I'm all too familiar with Braylon but the majority of players don't stay in that situation.

thats true... but mallet throws a great deep ball.. and thats kind of mario's specialty.. we will see what happens.. im jsut looking forward to mallet hading off to Mcguffie

etk
08-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Calais Campbell is a lock. He's as ready as it gets physically for the NFL, has the production, and is a redshirt Jr. No way he comes back for a 5th year. Kenny Phillips will likely leave, but I can see him staying for a final year with Ponder & Reddick to develop more. This is a fairly weak S class so it will be hard for him to pass up the money, though.

Sniper
08-22-2007, 12:19 AM
thats true... but mallet throws a great deep ball.. and thats kind of mario's specialty.. we will see what happens.. im jsut looking forward to mallet hading off to Mcguffie

Yes I do agree on Mallett/Mario, I just really expect him to leave. If he comes back, great. If he doesn't, at least it's not a shocker. I personally can't wait to take the handcuffs off the playbook and go 5 wide with Clemons, Mathews, Hemingway, Stonum and McGuffie :):):)

scottyboy
08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
People close to the program and close to Ray from New Rochelle.

I'm a Rutgers fan man. We'll be fine with Kordell Young and Mason Robinson.

Think what you want. The truth is that he has to support his family. I feel bad about him leaving, but good for him, he's doing what he has to.

I'm not making this up. Wish it wasn't true, but he's gone.

well until you name me these actual "sources" i will still consider this not credible. and by sources, i mean Ray Rice. he's got a whole year to think this through. but to come out and say you have sources saying he's leaving is wrong. he hasnt hinted one way or another and its not an obvious choice like some listed names. I with Mcfadden and slaton in this draft, he'll stay and want to win the title... he adores Leonard, and i believe he will follow in his footsteps by turning down big $ and playing another year, not caring what happens to his draft status.

keylime_5
08-22-2007, 05:52 PM
If any Miami guy who is said to have a sliver or NFL potential is a junior it seems like he is going pro pretty much.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM

I'd have to agree. I love Beckum and he's a great player. He's great at the collegiete level but quite frankly 220 lbs isn't gonna cut it as a TE. If he can add 20 lbs and keep his athleticism he will easily be a 1st round pick. Also to whomever said Ikegwuonu will leave, I don't think he does, Wisconsin is very good at keeping their players all 4 years.

etk
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
well until you name me these actual "sources" i will still consider this not credible. and by sources, i mean Ray Rice. he's got a whole year to think this through. but to come out and say you have sources saying he's leaving is wrong. he hasnt hinted one way or another and its not an obvious choice like some listed names. I with Mcfadden and slaton in this draft, he'll stay and want to win the title... he adores Leonard, and i believe he will follow in his footsteps by turning down big $ and playing another year, not caring what happens to his draft status.

I think you should sit back and look at this from an unbiased perspective. Put yourself in Ray Rice's shoes instead of those of a heartwarmed college fan. If you had 4500+ college yards with 40+ TDs would you turn down the $$$ and fame of the NFL? Ray has nothing left to prove or give to the program, like it or not. Let's not forget the injury risks of being a Senior TB carrying the load (350+). He will be 21 on draft day, giving him a long bright future like Okoye or Jarrett. Also keep in mind that the RB position produces several early entrants every year because of the aforementioned risks and such. Very few elite RB prospects go back to college, like it or not.

You also mentioned Brian Leonard to try to further your argument. Leonard isn't 1/2 the prospect Rice is, therefore he benefited from a Senior year. He also had the allure of being a legitimate Big East contender for the first time. Rice has already seen the best of the program and has plenty of memories to fall back on. He's not going to feel guilty to the fans with all that money staring him in the face. Speaking of money, keep in mind how the rookie contract scale could change for the worse in the next 2 years so he might want to take advantage by leaving before it occurs.

etk
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
If any Miami guy who is said to have a sliver or NFL potential is a junior it seems like he is going pro pretty much.

Sadly you are right. Moncur & Ponder/Reddick could bolt too.

scottyboy
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I think you should sit back and look at this from an unbiased perspective. Put yourself in Ray Rice's shoes instead of those of a heartwarmed college fan. If you had 4500+ college yards with 40+ TDs would you turn down the $$$ and fame of the NFL? Ray has nothing left to prove or give to the program, like it or not. Let's not forget the injury risks of being a Senior TB carrying the load (350+). He will be 21 on draft day, giving him a long bright future like Okoye or Jarrett. Also keep in mind that the RB position produces several early entrants every year because of the aforementioned risks and such. Very few elite RB prospects go back to college, like it or not.

You also mentioned Brian Leonard to try to further your argument. Leonard isn't 1/2 the prospect Rice is, therefore he benefited from a Senior year. He also had the allure of being a legitimate Big East contender for the first time. Rice has already seen the best of the program and has plenty of memories to fall back on. He's not going to feel guilty to the fans with all that money staring him in the face. Speaking of money, keep in mind how the rookie contract scale could change for the worse in the next 2 years so he might want to take advantage by leaving before it occurs.

leoanrd not 1/2 the prospect Rice is? people are saying Rice is undersized, not overally fast for his size, and leonard was guaranteed a 2nd rounder last year before he came back... and Rice now has a legitimate shot at being a Big east contender, and a shot at the title. you give good points and I'm biased, i admit, but his personality and how he talks about this team and school just give me a feeling he'll stay.

edit: i was mainly arguing how the other poster said Rice would come out, definately and had "sources". It's still pretty up in the air with him though...

etk
08-22-2007, 06:22 PM
leoanrd not 1/2 the prospect Rice is? people are saying Rice is undersized, not overally fast for his size, and leonard was guaranteed a 2nd rounder last year before he came back... and Rice now has a legitimate shot at being a Big east contender, and a shot at the title. you give good points and I'm biased, i admit, but his personality and how he talks about this team and school just give me a feeling he'll stay.

edit: i was mainly arguing how the other poster said Rice would come out, definately and had "sources". It's still pretty up in the air with him though...

If he gets underrated for his size and speed, and falls, he will be the next Frank Gore minus the injuries (for now). I don't buy the Leonard argument, I thought he was lucky to go the Rams in the 2nd, but that's my opinion. I'm sure Rice is closer to staying when compared to others like McFadden or Slaton, but I'd still bet good money on his departure because of the factors that contribute.

underscore
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Justin King is a best bet to leave early. He's graduating in December (3 years). The only thing that'd bring him back is a disaster junior season.

TimD
08-22-2007, 08:53 PM

i agree... i just dont see ray rice leaving this year...

Jonny
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
You also mentioned Brian Leonard to try to further your argument. Leonard isn't 1/2 the prospect Rice is, therefore he benefited from a Senior year.

I'd be shocked if Rice went higher in the draft than Leonard. Leonard actually is faster than Rice.

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
If he gets underrated for his size and speed, and falls, he will be the next Frank Gore minus the injuries (for now). I don't buy the Leonard argument, I thought he was lucky to go the Rams in the 2nd, but that's my opinion. I'm sure Rice is closer to staying when compared to others like McFadden or Slaton, but I'd still bet good money on his departure because of the factors that contribute.

And about 15-20 pounds.

Jughead10
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Leonard went pretty much around where everyone figured he would go. You might have personally thought it was early, but most thought otherwise.

Anyway, as for someone leaving early I think Malcolm Jenkins is a lock to go pro. Based on nothing more than opinion and gut feeling.

thebow305
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Sadly you are right. Moncur & Ponder/Reddick could bolt too.

Man I hope not. Reddick better come back, he would be stupid not to, he's missed the better half of two years. He wouldn't go very high. And Moncur will have a pretty big year I am guessing so there's a chance, but I hope he comes back because Calais probably won't. I have no idea about Ponder.

etk
08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
And about 15-20 pounds.

Gore is about 20 lbs heavier right now, but Rice can add to his frame. They have similar running styles and Rice plays big.

Jughead10
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Gore is about 20 lbs heavier right now, but Rice can add to his frame. They have similar running styles and Rice plays big.

Rice runs exactly like Priest Holmes.

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 01:49 PM

But he's only 200 pounds right now. He's a lot like Mike Hart, runs like he's 230 but since he's only 200 there's a problem. If Rice can get up to 210-215 and run in the 4.5 area he can go in the 2nd round area, but right now Rice isn't very fast and he isn't very big.

Big_Pete
09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
What about NT Terrance Taylor (Michigan) and S Courtney Greene (Rutgers)?

Michigan is not a good team right now and alot of their best players are probably leaving as seniors.

Both players could benefit from very poor draft classes at their positions.

ironman4579
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Braylon was an exception. He would've left after his junior season I can promise you if he did not do so poorly in the Rose Bowl that year, and if that 2004 draft didn't have so many 1st round receivers in it (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, ReggieWilliams, M.Clayton, L.Evans, M.Jenkins, R.Woods). Manningham will be in the draft barring injury next April.

He had 10 catches for over 100 yards in that Rose Bowl. Not saying he played great, just that he actually did put up some decent numbers at least.

ironman4579
09-20-2007, 04:25 PM
What about NT Terrance Taylor (Michigan) and S Courtney Greene (Rutgers)?

Michigan is not a good team right now and alot of their best players are probably leaving as seniors.

Both players could benefit from very poor draft classes at their positions.

I have a feeling Taylor will stay. No reason for it, just a feeling.

Sniper
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling Taylor will stay. No reason for it, just a feeling.

I'm inclined to agree. Then again, he fits any system and with a good season standing out on a weak D, he may be inclined to leave.

big daddy russ
09-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't see Oher leaving. Nothing is definite but people have said around campus he wants to play out his whole career here.

I'm curious to see if he stays. Ole Miss has a ton of talent on that roster and the leader of the pack is going to take over next year when his eligibility comes back up. Mack's going to hate the day that Jevan Snead left the 40 Acres.

Now if Orgeron could just prove he belongs as a HC. He was great as an assistant and at training defensive linemen, but what will he do with all that offensive talent and will his current d-line (which is absolutely loaded) ever reach their potential?

Man_Of_Steel
09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
The player closest to a sure thing is Run DMC.