PDA

View Full Version : Rivals 100 2009 discussion thread

Jericho@SC
08-21-2007, 01:07 AM
I confess that I've gotten so caught up in recruiting that I'm absolutely thrilled to see that Rivals released their 100 to watch list for 2009 . Most of the top recruits this year have chosen schools already, so it's nice to have a new set of recruits to hope your school gets.

100 to watch list:
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2009&ra_key=1936

If anyone wants to join in and talk about next year already, this is the thread.

SC has a great start already with TE Morrell Pressley and LB Marquis Simmons commited. Both should be 5 stars. I also like 'SC's chances with Matt Barkley.

Looks like a good year for skill positions in CA this year. Also, Arizona has two DE prospects that look really good in Devon Kennard and Corey Adams. Hopefully 'SC can get them.

bwillie26
08-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Vondrae Tostenson doesn't make the top 100? Watch list or not, and Tostenson's attitude not withstanding, that is just plain freakin' nuts.

DWilliams2IndyColts
08-21-2007, 01:24 AM
NVM. I think for Barkley's sake he should go somewhere else but he'll probably go SC. I don't like the lack of RB's

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.

iowatreat54
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Keenan Davis- WR, Cedar Rapids, IA...

no idea who he is or how good he is, but if he is on the watch list hopefully he's pretty talented and hopefully the Hawks can land him since he's from like 30 mins away from Iowa City, and now we have openings at WR cuz DD and Bowman are morons

P-L
08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
The only guy that Michigan has is DT Will Campbell out of Cass Tech. I don't know much about him, other than the fact that he's huge at 6'4" 330.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-21-2007, 10:24 AM
LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.

I kinda have a feeling Storm Klein might be that years version of Sam McGuffie...

I really hope Mich can snag Larry Caper, he should be a 5 star from what im hearing. If we don't get him he better not end up at ND or OSU.

Jonny
08-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Theo Riddick is the truth. The next big RB for Rutgers.

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.

RyanLeaf#1
08-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Moses Alipate
Larry Caper

only 2 with interest in Wisconsin. kinda disappointing, but Wisconsin has never been a big time recruit school. They are good at finding good players that aren't the big names. However, with their recent success I think more recruits will start to consider Wisconsin as an option.

reigle9
08-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.

Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?

RyanLeaf#1
08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?

Dont know much about Stokes, but I do know Savage was held back in the 8th grade. So he is really supposed to be entering his senior season. The school he goes to O'Hara also has another kid coming in this year as a freshman who was also held back in 8th grade who is supposed to be the next "Savage". He will be Savages backup this year as a freshman.

reigle9
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Can you PM or post local articles about Savage having any favorites through the year? I've heard extreme polar opposite opinions about him so I don't even know if PSU will offer but we'll have a connection to him with Wedderburn.

Javzz
08-21-2007, 12:52 PM
LA is pretty stacked for 09 as well. Michael Ford is the top prospect as of now. Some OM rivals guy said Chris Davenport was one of the best DT prospects he'd ever seen at a scout camp recently. Rueben Randle should be one of the top WR prospects. Recruiting wise I know Michael Ford/Chris Davenport/DJ Fluker all look pretty good LSU wise. I know nothing of Montrell Connor or Rueben Randle school interests. Dj Banks may be the first big Saban/Miles LA battle.

Suprised Jacob Karam didn't get on the list.

ToldLikeItIs
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Keenan Davis is a baller and future Hawkeye.

Jericho@SC
08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.

Ya so was Ronald Johnson...

San Diego Chicken
08-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Hopefully, Dennis Erickson will lure Devon Kennard to Tempe. I'm not sure he's as good as Everson Griffen was but it appears that ASU has a much better shot with Kennard than they ever had with Griffen.

gstock05
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.

cardsalltheway
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm really hoping my Hoosiers can land Morgan Newton as our first big-time recruit in quite a while. I'm starting to doubt that will happen however, since scouts from Florida and Michigan were both spotted at his last game and he's been in contact with some other big time schools.

Javzz
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.

I don't know, but DLine has been our strongpoint for a long time now. The longline of LA talent at the position goes back way before Dorsey. Watch out for Drake Nevis too.

I certainly wouldn't mind having the California talent here. Moreso the entire west coast,as it seems you guys get whomever you want from the area.

keylime_5
08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.

Klein will be on the list in due time. He's pretty much only a RB up to this point. He's gonna play a lot more linebacker during his junior and senior years.

Don Vito
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Nice to see a couple NE guys. J. Forrest West is from Conn., I never saw him play, but I hear he is a beast. Josh Adams (Cambridge, MA) is a big, strong receiver with speed that is nothing better than average right now. I played against him at a camp and he was very impressive, if he works on his speed he could be simething special. He could be the 1st Massachusetts player to make the final rivals 100 since Gloucester DE Jim Unis did in 2002. He was a beast who signed with BC and tore it up in the AA game but he had his career cut short due to concussions. Corey Eason (DE, Mansfield) made the top 250 last year and was considered a near miss for the top 100. He signed with BC and is looking great.

Jericho@SC
08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
If anyone has seen video of Californa ATH Cierre Wood, what would you say his legit 40 time is?

Rivals has him listed at 4.63 but he looks faster than his game film. Maybe not Desean Jackson/Percy Harvin fast but pretty fast. Intriguing prospect

B-Dawk
09-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Nice to see a couple NE guys. J. Forrest West is from Conn., I never saw him play, but I hear he is a beast. Josh Adams (Cambridge, MA) is a big, strong receiver with speed that is nothing better than average right now. I played against him at a camp and he was very impressive, if he works on his speed he could be simething special. He could be the 1st Massachusetts player to make the final rivals 100 since Gloucester DE Jim Unis did in 2002. He was a beast who signed with BC and tore it up in the AA game but he had his career cut short due to concussions. Corey Eason (DE, Mansfield) made the top 250 last year and was considered a near miss for the top 100. He signed with BC and is looking great.

one of these days uconn has to start keeping the rare top talent in state if it ever wants to get better, so why not start now with J. Forrest West.

Hines
09-15-2007, 11:22 PM
i hope je'ron stokes wr from philly goes to psu

but most likely wont

HChu
09-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Best name in this class awarded to,

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=70503&Sport=1

RyanLeaf#1
10-16-2007, 10:18 AM
i hope je'ron stokes wr from philly goes to psu

but most likely wont

If he goes to Penn State ill be shocked.

RyanLeaf#1
10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Best name in this class awarded to,

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=70503&Sport=1

Im suprised with a name like that he isnt going to Penn State.

RonnieRun23
10-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Lamar Miller is the truth. He's the reason Miami isn't going after a running back this year.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Remember the name folks, Nathan Scheelhasse, he's a dual threat QB for a Kansas City area team. He's got a strong arm and is a great scrambler and is being recruited by Arkansas and Oklahoma, and prob. some other minor schools that I don't know about.

ToldLikeItIs
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Iowa offered Scheelhaase back in April. He's a Hawkeye legacy, his dad played with Chuck Long in the 80's.

Good chance he'll be a Hawkeye.

adschofield
10-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Iowa offered Scheelhaase back in April. He's a Hawkeye legacy, his dad played with Chuck Long in the 80's.

Good chance he'll be a Hawkeye.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about hearing that...well, Iowa will not be disappointed...the guy is a stud

reigle9
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
If he goes to Penn State ill be shocked.

Why? He's already been to at least one game this year and will be at the OSU game.