PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs and LJ agree to contract extension

T-RICH49
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
ESPN is saying a 5 year deal with $19 million guaranteed

Moses
08-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I wonder how he'll react from a work ethic standpoint to getting paid.

Scar
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
In related news, Priest Holmes is dropped like a dirty gym sock in fantasy leagues nationwide...

Addict
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I wonder how he'll react from a work ethic standpoint to getting paid.

let's hope he plans to earn his living.

Scar
08-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Here's a link, no financials yet, but he showed up at camp today to practice: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/preview/2007/08/21/bc.fbn.chiefs.johnson.ap/index.html

bigbluedefense
08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I wonder how many people passed on LJ this year? That will be the big story in most fantasy leagues, the people who passed on LJ. Theyre either geniuses, or morons. Theres no middle ground.

T-RICH49
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I wonder how many people passed on LJ this year? That will be the big story in most fantasy leagues, the people who passed on LJ. Theyre either geniuses, or morons. Theres no middle ground.

I have a draft tommorow so this is good to know beforehand

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
i think its safe to assume most people still took him high. i dont think there were many people who didn't think he'd play.......

bigbluedefense
08-21-2007, 01:06 PM
i think its safe to assume most people still took him high. i dont think there were many people who didn't think he'd play.......

not for that reason, for the 400+ carries reason.

alot of ppl shyed away from him early bc they felt he'd break down this year.

bigbluedefense
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
he should be the #2 fantasy player in your power rankings if you feel he can come back and play like he did last year, but i see in alot of drafts people taking him with the 6th pick, sometimes 5th pick etc.

Scar
He went #3 in my league.

LonghornsLegend
well, he slipped some in most drafts, due to high carries last year and the holdouts...majority drafts had steven jackson going before him, but not many had LJ out of the top 3-5

Eaglez.Fan
08-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Johnson, Chiefs work out five-year contract extension (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984649&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

ESPN"S link

bored of education
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Bennett will be getting 6-10 carries a game. So LJ won't be seeing over 330 carries in my estimation.

300-320 carries and I see him around 45-50 receptions he spent alot of time working on catching out of the backfield

Vince Lombardi
08-21-2007, 01:33 PM
not for that reason, for the 400+ carries reason.

alot of ppl shyed away from him early bc they felt he'd break down this year.

Personally I think he's got a few more years before people have to realistically worry about him breaking down. The real problem for me (from a fantasy standpoint) is the loss of two future HOF linemen, a young unexperienced QB likely taking over, and the fact that defenses are gonna stack the line against him all year unless the QB can prove something. He'll still be solid, but his projections should come back down to the pack.

Modano
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
he should be the #2 fantasy player in your power rankings if you feel he can come back and play like he did last year, but i see in alot of drafts people taking him with the 6th pick, sometimes 5th pick etc.

I had the #3 in a keeper league. I was sure the guy ahead of me was taking LJ and I wanted Jackson. But he took Jackson and I was forced to take LJ.

Flyboy
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Bennett will be getting 6-10 carries a game. So LJ won't be seeing over 330 carries in my estimation.

Bennett will be injured by Week 3.

Shiver
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I had the #3 in a keeper league. I was sure the guy ahead of me was taking LJ and I wanted Jackson. But he took Jackson and I was forced to take LJ.

I would take Gore over Johnson any day, but that's just me. I don't trust Brodie Croyle/Damon Huard to keep the defense honest and I certainly don't trust that offensive line that is now looking like 'Brian Waters and the rest'. The "curse of the 370" is also scary, seeing that only Eric Dickerson has survived it.

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 02:15 PM

they do have a depleteing line so people should be hesitant about him yet

Addict
08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
I would take Gore over Johnson any day, but that's just me. I don't trust Brodie Croyle/Damon Huard to keep the defense honest and I certainly don't trust that offensive line that is now looking like 'Brian Waters and the rest'. The "curse of the 370" is also scary, seeing that only Eric Dickerson has survived it.

no sure thing either, I'd wanna see what he does this year before taking him over LJ.

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
no sure thing either, I'd wanna see what he does this year before taking him over LJ.

even with Gore though he has lost Norv Turner and we don't know how that offense will function under a new coordinator

Shiver
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
even with Gore though he has lost Norv Turner and we don't know how that offense will function under a new coordinator

It's the same offensive system. Just like when Turner left San Diego, Cameron took it from there.

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM
It's the same offensive system. Just like when Turner left San Diego, Cameron took it from there.

Granted the system is the same, but there's always going to be varying philosiphies among coaches

kmartin575
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Looks like we got him for cheap, at least compared to what he was asking for at first.

I don't think it is just a coincidence that he signed when he did. I think the Chiefs and LJ intended all along to let him rest during training camp and get back just in time to get in shape to start in week 1.

BPhilb
08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Looks like we got him for cheap, at least compared to what he was asking for at first.

I don't think it is just a coincidence that he signed when he did. I think the Chiefs and LJ intended all along to let him rest during training camp and get back just in time to get in shape to start in week 1.

I agree. It's really a six year deal since this year is re-done plus five additional years so the signing bonus hit is only about 2 million a year. The 7 million guarenteed is mostly this year and next so even if we have to release him in two years he won't kill our cap. It appears to be a good deal for KC.