PDA

View Full Version : Colts vs Ravens

01-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Who will win it ?

dcrls
01-08-2007, 05:38 AM
i think the ravens d will show up big, and eliminate the colts something like 24-10

FloridaFootball
01-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.

01-08-2007, 06:09 AM
This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21

yourfavestoner
01-08-2007, 06:24 AM
This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21

Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-08-2007, 07:49 AM
My early vibe on the game is a Colts win 24-3, I dont think we'll be able to pressure Manning, and he will wear our D down. I pray Im wrong but I fear Im not.

RyanLeaf#1
01-08-2007, 07:53 AM
As a Colts fan last year I made the trip to Baltimore for the Sunday night opener. Im hoping this game goes the same way that one went.

Smooth Criminal
01-08-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm taking the Colts. I think Manning will be able to beat the Ravens secondary and I think they'll be able to hold off the Ravens blitzes. The Colts defense stepped up big this week and I expect their speed on defense to hurt the Ravens, esspcially the matchup of Freeney on Ogden.

Packman1957
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I have to go with the Ravens, but yeah I agree with what some other people said earlier, it will all depend on how good Manning gets protected. I think the Ravens are going to rattle him, and make him make some bad decisions, therefore I will take the Ravens in this one.

NFLBOY
01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I have to go with the ravens. Depending on the weather will also tell how the game will go. If it is rainy or even snowy, the colts have no chance. I also think it will depend on how the colts can stop lewis at running the ball.

frogstomp
01-08-2007, 10:24 AM
The Ravens are amazing on defense, and have an underrated offense that has pretty much gotten better each week since Billick took over.

I'm going to go with the Ravens.

njx9
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Indy.

draftguru151
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
The fact that the Colts won big last week with Peyton having an average game at best is scary. If Indy's defense plays like that this game is already over.

portermvp84
01-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I think the Ravens are gonna control the game 17-10 Ravens.

BigDawg819
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I've said it in the team discussion and i'll say it here: Ravens Pride!

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens in a blowout 31-3!

2drama
01-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.
agreed

The Number 1 Defense - that scores
has better offense than their super bowl year

P.manning if he throws 3 int again will not win like their last game - B-more will at least take one to the house :lol:

Ray lewis , ED reed :lol: :lol:
it going to be a tough game

JCshutEmDown
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Ravens win if Jamal Lewis stops dancing behind the LOS.

go_ravens94
01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.

njx9
01-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.

did you seriously just imply that no one is picking you this year in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

eazyb81
01-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Ravens, defense is way too good and the Colts are a different team outside the dome.

eacantdraft
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Playoff Peyton vs. the Baltimore defense? No contest. The Colts will be lucky if they score more than 10 points. Playoff Peyton won't win with 3 int's this time around.

jetsfan3
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.

Pressure is the key to every game, that's why the offensive line of a team is so important.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Bmore easy.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Ravens. The more physical team almost always wins in the playoffs, not only do the Ravens have a great defense but they will beat your ass-offensively and defensively. They have that intimidating element on both sides of the ball. If I were a player they'd be probably the only team I'd be scared to play.

*Disclaimer* But I'm not a player so I'd be scared to play any NFL football team. :lol: (This eliminates the chance for somebody to say "You know you'd be scared to play any NFL Team.")

bernbabybern820
01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
i see the colts winning comforably to be honest. idk peyton has usually had the ravens number. like another poster said freeney always seems to have a huge game against ogden because he isnt the most agile tackle in the world. yes i may get criticized but thats how i see it. i dont think peyton manning has that poor of a game again.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Peyton will be forced into multiple INT's because he will be forced to throw every down because the Colts running game will do diddly squat.

Zim3031
01-08-2007, 02:58 PM
The Ravens are not the Chiefs and the Colts aren't playing a dome anymore.

Ravens: 21
Colts: 10

JCshutEmDown
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
For those who think the Ravens defense will eat up Manning

2004- 20/33 249 1/0- 94.1 rating
2005- 21/36 254 2/0- 98.6 rating

PalmerToCJ
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
If Peyton plays like Peyton the Colts should win.

I agree about their run offense, I'd be surprised if they top 60. Peyton will have to carry them in this one.

steelersfan43
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Colts win 35 24 :idea:

01-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Colts win 35 24 :idea:
no way they score 35 on the best defense in the NFL. your just mad the Ravens dominated the steelers this year. :lol:

Komp
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I see this game playing out similar to the Steelers-Colts game last year, except the Ravens are better than the Steelers were last year and they are at home. I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage. I think the Ravens and their crowd will get on the Colts early and by the time the Colts recover it'll be too late.

Ravens 27 - Colts 17

Scorch
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I see the Ravens winning in a close one. Something like 16 - 13.

njx9
01-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage.

nope, i'm just not underestimating the best qb and the nfl and i'm not overestimating a weak offense. anyone who thinks the ravens can walk in and take this game without second thought is, in my opinion, a homer ravens fan or didn't pay attention all season.

Ravens1991
01-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Ogden will do better then he has in the past against Freeny, I think he knows that it is his last chance to get another ring and possibly his last game in Baltimore.

Zim3031
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage.

nope, i'm just not underestimating the best qb and the nfl and i'm not overestimating a weak offense. anyone who thinks the ravens can walk in and take this game without second thought is, in my opinion, a homer ravens fan or didn't pay attention all season.

Or they see the fact that the colts have lost their last 4 road games as a weakness.

njx9
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM

Or they see the fact that the colts have lost their last 4 road games as a weakness.

ahhh, so because they've lost their last 4 on the road, baltimore is going to blow them out and one could reasonably conclude that indy has less than no chance?

Zim3031
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM

ahhh, so because they've lost their last 4 on the road, baltimore is going to blow them out and one could reasonably conclude that indy has less than no chance?

They have reasonable doubt to conclude that the Ravens are an overall better team with home field advantage. Not to mention a history of poor playoff performances under Tony Dungy.

No one can really predict a blowout. So both predicting them and criticizing people for predicting them seems awfully pointless.

njx9
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM

They have reasonable doubt to conclude that the Ravens are an overall better team with home field advantage. Not to mention a history of poor playoff performances under Tony Dungy.

No one can really predict a blowout. So both predicting them and criticizing people for predicting them seems awfully pointless.

one would've assumed you actually read my post before complaining about it. you may want to go back and re-read the bold part before we continue a thoroughly worthless conversation.

Zim3031
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM

one would've assumed you actually read my post before complaining about it. you may want to go back and re-read the bold part before we continue a thoroughly worthless conversation.

One could say the same thing about virtually any playoff match up. These teams are supposed to be good, no game is a gimme.

Pokeys
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
J-Crack >>> Colts Run D....

Ravens are going to try and to pass the ball early than start pounding it. The Chiefs gameplan was seriously weak. I figured a freaking 4 year old put it together. The Colts were only .500 on the road this season, HELLO.

Philliez01
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
The one-week layoff may hurt the Ravens, who really knows, but comparing regular season stats and what the playoffs could bring is not a good way of determining who wins. The playoffs are a different breed, the stats from Week 1-Week 17 matter but they aren't going to get you anywhere. I'm a homer, so I'm obviously picking the Colts but I don't think Manning will be shaken. The INTs were not poor passes like they were in Playoffs of the Past. They were simple miscommunications between Manning and Harrison, while rare, they still happen. Has it happened before like it has on Sunday? No. Is there a reason to believe it'll happen consecutively? I don't think so.

BTW, J-Crack, lol.

jkpigskin
01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
one thing that people are overlooking is the way baltiomre plays with rest...

after our bye, we were the 1st team to beat the saints in the superdome this year
- after our loss to the bengals, billick gave the team a 5 day rest, which was another bye, and then we came out and beat the chiefs at arrowhead
-also we havnt lost after a bye since something like 2001

baltimore is a veteran team who needs rest... the bye helped those aging players rest and they will be scary saturday

01-08-2007, 08:49 PM
J-Crack >>> Colts Run D....

Ravens are going to try and to pass the ball early than start pounding it. The Chiefs gameplan was seriously weak. I figured a freaking 4 year old put it together. The Colts were only .500 on the road this season, HELLO.

IIRC, last week it was Larry Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>......>>>Colts Run D. We saw how that worked out.

We beat the Giants, Pats and Broncos all on the road. This team steps up in big games, I think they do it again this week.

Chucky
01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
We all know Peyton will choke.

01-08-2007, 09:45 PM

Yep, Peyton is nothing but a choke artist. :roll: Please. Peyton is very clutch QB. His team always collapses around him in the playoffs.

dcarey20
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I think we will win this game pretty easily....we will come out fired up and we WILL pressure Manning.

Do people realize that Peyton threw 3 picks last week against the woeful KC defense? And he was at home? I don't even want to know what he is gonna do against us. :twisted:

He's gonna have to play 10 times better than last week because Joseph Addai won't be much of a factor.

23-10 Ravens

This team steps up in big games

lol what has led you to make that comment? peyton is arguably the best QB in the game and he's never been to a SB.

you're really contradicting urself with alot of ur statements.

first you say that the colts step up in big games,

and then you say that peyton doesn't choke, his teammates collapse around him. :?

yodabear
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I've got the Colts.

YouNeverKnow
01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I think it will be a close game especially through the first half similar to the home game last year except this time the Ravens will be the one pushing the colts around.

I think there are a few major factors that will influence the outcome of the game.

The last two games Freeney ate Odgen up but Odgen has been playing the best ball of the last few years this time around. The major thing that was missing in the game last year was a power running game against the Colts small ends. I believe that Billick will start by calling numerous runs to the left side to let Odgen and Mughelli get a few early shorts in on Freeney unlike Matt used to.

The crowd noise will also be a big factor since the Ravens will audible and move around at the line a lot much like last year and Manning will not be able to audible as much as he normally can. But watching the offense and defense of the Colts and Ravens play each other last year was probably the highlight of the year for me, it was like a chess match.

The Ravens secondary might have trouble against Wayne and Harrison. Cmac has been playing great ball this year I expect him to contain, not shutdown, Harrison for the game and possibly get a pick along with his customary two pass interference calls per game. The real question mark is how will Rolle be able to play against Wayne. If Rolle gets beat early deep it will be a long day for the Ravens since it will force them to commit a safety over the top all game on him, rather then being able to mix the coverages up more.

The Ravens Defensive Line against the Colts offensive line is the most importart matchup though. I expect Suggs and Pryce to win most of the one on one matchups they get but the real problem is going to be getting to Manning without him being able to step up. If Ngata and Gregg are able to get penetration against the middle three of the Colts, it will be the end for Manning as he will not have a strong pocket to avoid the outside rush.

I'd have to say 27 - 21 for the Ravens.

2drama
01-09-2007, 02:24 AM
does any colts fan want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not sign in for 1 week

if the raven lose i will not sign in for a week

deal or no deal

:lol: :lol: :lol:

01-09-2007, 06:26 AM
This team steps up in big games

lol what has led you to make that comment? peyton is arguably the best QB in the game and he's never been to a SB.

you're really contradicting urself with alot of ur statements.

first you say that the colts step up in big games,

and then you say that peyton doesn't choke, his teammates collapse around him. :?

I'm talking about this team as in this season's team. They have played well and won every big game they've played this year. Broncos, Patriots, Chiefs, Bengals, Giants. The team typically did collapse around playoff time in the past. I'm talking about different teams.

eacantdraft
01-09-2007, 08:06 AM

Yep, Peyton is nothing but a choke artist. :roll: Please. Peyton is very clutch QB. His team always collapses around him in the playoffs.

Peyton has been a choke artist his entire football career dating back to at least college. Greatest regular season QB since Marino and Elway, but not one I would want on my team in the playoffs.

2drama
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

01-09-2007, 04:12 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

2drama
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

your on
any one else

dcarey20
01-09-2007, 05:32 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

:roll: well i think thats a pretty crappy bet because its pretty easy to just go to your profile, and select "hide your online status"

Philliez01
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

your on
any one else

If Colts lose, I won't post until the Ravens lose (or if they win the SB).

If Ravens lose, you start typing on
here coherently
ok?

01-09-2007, 05:47 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

:roll: well i think thats a pretty crappy bet because its pretty easy to just go to your profile, and select "hide your online status"

The mods could suspend me for a week.

2drama
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

your on
any one else

here coherently
ok?

deal if ravens beat the colts and if they lose a game after (yeah right) that i will not post for a week

deal

Shiver
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Terrell Suggs, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Trevor Pryce, all of which have at least 9.5 sacks. They will be all over Manning. If he thinks he's had it rough against Pittsburgh of '05 and the Patriots of '03/4, he hasn't seen anything yet.

Namy
01-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Ravens. Main reason is b/c it's in Baltimore. Colts are a diff team defensively on the road. Manning is great at picking up blitzes, etc, but that's all in the regular season. In the post season, defense usually wins. I see a frustrating game for Manning... 34-16.

However, on a side note, I hope Manning (and the entire Colts team) proves me wrong (like the Gators did). I don't necessarily like Indy, but I'm getting sick of hearing about Manning being a choker. Altho I detest Manning for destroying the Broncos, I respect him and would like to see him perform in the Super Bowl.

Ravens1991
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Colts passing gameVS. Ravens secondary: We have a elite top 5 cover corner in C-mac and Ed Reed is possibly the best S in coverage in the league. Rolle is a get by CB and Dawan Landry is very skilled. But it is Peyton Manning so I will give him the slightest of edges.

Colts O-line VS. Ravens pass rush: The Ravens have been a great pass rushing team this year. When we line up in a 4-3 our whole front 7, can blitz well, plus we can bring Landry as a S blitz were he has done a couple of times. When we slide into a 3-4 Suggs and Thomas off the edge will be dangerous along w/ Pryce who has I believe 13 sacks rotating from a 34 DE and a 43 DE. I give the edge to Ravens.

Colts running game VS. Ravens run defense: The Ravens have had a top run defense this year, With Ngata Gregg and Pryce clogging up lanes in our 3-4 while have Suggs and Thomas cover the edges and Ray Lewis and Bart Scott going sideline to sideline will be good for the Ravens run defense. When we enter a 43 we have Ray who has been a HOF in a 43 going sideline to sideline, with Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, and Suggs on the line he doesnt really have to face o-lineman at him. I give the edge to the Ravens.

Colts pass rush VS. Ravens pass blocking: All though our o-line has done good of late Freeny has beat up on Ogden the last couple of times they faced each other so the edge has to go to the Colts.

Colts run defense VS. Ravens run offense: I would easily have given the Ravens the edge, but how LJ played against them I give the edge to the Colts

Ravens passing game VS. Colts pass defense: With the Colts running a cover two defense it is built to defend the pass in a way, It will make me a little nervous about the passing game for the Ravens. I really am not sure so I really don't give a edge to anybody because I dont know how the Rankings match up.

jackalope
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
i'll take the Ravens in this one. i think their D can hold Indy and Jamal can run on them pretty well.

yodabear
01-09-2007, 09:58 PM

deal or no deal

http://www.calabasasmag.com/images/Issue5/Howie-Mandel-final-02.jpg

Sveen
01-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Baltimore wins it.

a-dub83
01-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Dwight Freeney is on his game and Bob Sanders is back, so im going with my Colts in a hard fought win.

2drama
01-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Dwight Freeney is on his game and Bob Sanders is back, so im going with my Colts in a hard fought win.

fan enough to take on my bet

cardsalltheway agreed

do you have enough fate on your colts to agree

does any colts fans want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not post for 1 week (7 days)

if the raven lose i will not post for 1 week (7 days)

deal or no deal

Philliez01
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm nearly certain that the Colts will lose, but I did not want to see that post coming up every time a Colts fan posted. If it means that much to you, how about PMing people?

2drama
01-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm nearly certain that the Colts will lose, but I did not want to see that post coming up every time a Colts fan posted. If it means that much to you, how about PMing people?

:lol: :lol: :lol: that spamming

Philliez01
01-10-2007, 02:59 PM

True That.

But how does it make it any different anyway?

What do you think about the game other than saying how they will lose? I'm thinking a similar thing as well but what's your take on why the Colts will lose?

2drama
01-10-2007, 03:22 PM

True That.

But how does it make it any different anyway?

What do you think about the game other than saying how they will lose? I'm thinking a similar thing as well but what's your take on why the Colts will lose?

The Raven D need to make Peyton Manning run for his life (easy)
The raven have 60 sacks this season
B-more LB core will stop the run
*Colts D can't stop the run
*Colts will not get to Air McNair
*McNair was sacked only 14 times in 2006
*Colts wide receivers will face a Top Secondary
that scores

to those bring a old game of
Colts 24 at Ravens 7.
:lol: :lol:
difference team Colts 8)
stop living in the past

niel89
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
well another thing to factor in is that the colt seem to have had trouble with 3-4 defences in the past.

01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
well another thing to factor in is that the colt seem to have had trouble with 3-4 defences in the past.

How much do you guys run that? 50/50 or are there a majority of plays in the favor of one?

niel89
01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
im not too sure i think 3-4, but if it is more effective im sure ryan will make some ajustments and use it more

bmoreravens5289
01-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I think Baltimore will win this game on a Matt Stover field goal as time expires 23-20!!!!!!!!

01-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Let me assure you guys that the Colts run-d did not really shut down L.J. last week because they only ran him 13 times. If they gave him 20+ carries he would have toped 100 yards and probably had a couple TDs.
The Ravens will run the ball against them and wear down the front seven and Jamal should have a great game. Also the Colts CB's aren't that good and M.C should burn them for a couple 30+ catches.

Ravens win it 16-7 :lol: :twisted:

The Legend
01-10-2007, 08:10 PM
WOW 53/70 that crazy

its will come down to the same thing as last week can the colts stop the run they did last week can they do it again

dcarey20
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
honestly i'm a bit sick of hearing how great the colts defense was.

the chiefs came out with a horrendously bad offensive gameplan, which consisted of this:

1st and 10: LJ run up the middle, 2 yards.
2nd and 8: LJ run up the middle 2 yards.
3rd and 6: throw a 3 yard crossing pattern.
4th and 3: punt

it wasn't too hard to figure out. and they didn't make any adjustments at all throughout the game.

the colts would come out on 1st down, put 8 in the box, stop LJ. come out on 2nd down, 8 in the box, stop LJ again. come out on 3rd and 6 in a nickel or dime, and stop the obvious pass.

combine the bad gameplan by KC with a bad performance by the oline, receivers who can't get open, and a QB that looked like he was about 57 years old, and it will make any defense look amazing.

Bohleive
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Interesting Stat: The Ravens avg. about 18 QB hits per game. I can't wait to see Manning face that kind of punishment.

Link: http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=42&id=1029&view=archive

njx9
01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
i also find it odd that people think manning hasn't ever faced a defense with a good pass rush. i'm sure you could dig up stats to see how he's done against those teams in the past.

Bohleive
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
i also find it odd that people think manning hasn't ever faced a defense with a good pass rush. i'm sure you could dig up stats to see how he's done against those teams in the past.

Where did I say that? I'm merely posting stats for speculation. Clearly defenses that hit Manning do the best against him, and I thought 18/game was a pretty impressive number. On the flip side you can bet the colts won't allow the avg.

Dam8610
01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Interesting Stat: The Ravens avg. about 18 QB hits per game. I can't wait to see Manning face that kind of punishment.

Interesting Stat: Peyton Manning is touched on 12% of his dropbacks, the lowest percentage of any starting QB in the NFL.

Source: Last week's Wild Card Playoff telecast

njx9
01-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Where did I say that?

probably the same place i said i was talking only to you in spite of the fact that at least a dozen people have said the same thing.

I'm merely posting stats for speculation. Clearly defenses that hit Manning do the best against him, and I thought 18/game was a pretty impressive number. On the flip side you can bet the colts won't allow the avg.

sure, it's definitely an interesting number, but a lot of the other posts suggesting that manning will be sacked all game fail to realize that it wouldn't be the first time he's faced that kind of defense. i think it's a mistake to simply look at some numbers and say "manning will get killed all day because the ravens are soo good at defense and the ravens will win by seventy lolz". now, clearly you weren't saying that, however some other posters were suggesting it.

Bohleive
01-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Interesting Stat: Peyton Manning is touched on 12% of his dropbacks, the lowest percentage of any starting QB in the NFL.

Source: Last week's Wild Card Playoff telecast

Obviously one side is going to give. Likely this will be, in large part, what wins or loses the game for either team. Manning's pass pro. vs. Ravens passrush.
That and the Ravens ability, or lack tereof, to pass succesfully on early downs and with play action.

probably the same place i said i was talking only to you in spite of the fact that at least a dozen people have said the same thing.

Just seemed directed at me is all.

TheChampIsHere
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Im picking the Ravens, but I think what it will come down to is if Baltimore can get their offense going early.

The whole deal with Indy is that they are very hard to beat once they jump out to a lead. If their D starts out strong and gives Peyton a chance to build up a lead, they will just play ball control the rest of the game and send their pass rushers at their opponents the rest of the game. thats how they win. I dont think Indy can hang with Baltimore for 60 minutes if they dont get to play with the lead.

bigbluedefense
01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
everyone who says the Ravens will easily win this game are forgetting that Peyton has had a history of carving that acclaimed Ravens defense up.

Of course, the playoffs are a different story. But don't give the Colts no chance. Peyton knows how to take on this defense, he's done it before with alot of success.

And Dwight Freeney owns Ogden on passing downs.

Basileus777
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
everyone who says the Ravens will easily win this game are forgetting that Peyton has had a history of carving that acclaimed Ravens defense up.

Of course, the playoffs are a different story. But don't give the Colts no chance. Peyton knows how to take on this defense, he's done it before with alot of success.

Manning has only played against Rex Ryan's defense once, the first game of the season in 2005. In that game Peyton was shut down the first half before having a good second half. This Ravens defense is alot better, especially considering that was the first game with Ryan as DC and the first game using his system. And most importantly, that wasn't a playoff game.

bigbluedefense
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Manning has only played against Rex Ryan's defense once, the first game of the season in 2005. In that game Peyton was shut down the first half before having a good second half. This Ravens defense is alot better, especially considering that was the first game with Ryan as DC and the first game using his system. And most importantly, that wasn't a playoff game.

Youre forgetting why he had a bad first half. Its the same reason why he had a bad first half against Nolan's Raven's defense the year before.

The Ravens would constantly shift around so Peyton couldn't get a read on the defense, then just before he hiked the ball, theyd line up in their formation. This worked lovely for the first half of both games they did this.

The problem....it tired the living hell out of the players. So in the 2nd half, they stopped doing it. And in both games, when Peyton was able to see them set up, he picked them apart.

I expect Rex to throw the 3-4 at Peyton, because Peyton will carve up that 46 scheme alive.

Im not saying the Ravens can't take him on, Im just saying that its not a guarantee.

niel89
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah i agree that the ravens wont just blow out the colts or the opposite of that.

this should be a really good game and i cant fully use manning past success as a pefect gauge to view this game, simply because these are very different teams then they were in the past.

i cant speak for the colts because i frankly dont know about them enough, but for the ravens they are a very different team starting at the quarterback.
in the last matchup kyle boller was the starter. McNair is a much more stable qb for this team and the ability for this offence to sustain drives and to be able to put up points is a large upgrade compaired to the old team.

also in the game last year kyle boller got injured during the game forcing anthony wright to come in. wright had 3 turnover( 2 INTs and one Fumble lost). this was a further drop off for a struggling offence.

stover also played really bad going 0 for 3, leaving 9 points on the field.

the Wr.s are also better in my opinion. Mark clayton is a better player now and Demetrious(sp?) Williams gives a solid 3rd option.

on defense they really werent as strong as they now are. they werent as commfortable in their defence and i think the players on the team now are upgrades at cerain positions. i.e. Ngata, Pryce, Landry( i think so), Cmac( playing better) Thomas and Scott really playing well.

i think that the ravens team is much better but the colts team is still a great team. should be real fun to watch.

also Ogden does get owned be Freeney :lol: :(

Ravens1991
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM

In the first game of the season the TOP of about 50 minutes to the Colts compared to 10 minutes for the Ravens, in that game our o-line couldnt pass block, now our pass blocking is a lot better then that time and our defense is better then that time also.

Ravens1991
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM

How much do you guys run that? 50/50 or are there a majority of plays in the favor of one?

The past couple of games it has been more of 70-75/30-25 ish.

Dam8610
01-11-2007, 06:56 PM

In the first game of the season the TOP of about 50 minutes to the Colts compared to 10 minutes for the Ravens, in that game our o-line couldnt pass block, now our pass blocking is a lot better then that time and our defense is better then that time also.

Worst. Guess. Ever. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050911_IND@BAL) Next time, you might want to try to be at least in the general vicinity of being correct instead of overblowing your exaggeration to the point of ridiculousness. The Ravens had the ball for nearly 33 minutes in that game, which is a FAR CRY from the 10 you're claiming.

01-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Worst. Guess. Ever. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050911_IND@BAL) Next time, you might want to try to be at least in the general vicinity of being correct instead of overblowing your exaggeration to the point of ridiculousness. The Ravens had the ball for nearly 33 minutes in that game, which is a FAR CRY from the 10 you're claiming.
U wanna avatar bet ?

TheChampIsHere
01-11-2007, 07:32 PM
yeah i agree that the ravens wont just blow out the colts or the opposite of that.

this should be a really good game and i cant fully use manning past success as a pefect gauge to view this game, simply because these are very different teams then they were in the past.

i cant speak for the colts because i frankly dont know about them enough, but for the ravens they are a very different team starting at the quarterback.
in the last matchup kyle boller was the starter. McNair is a much more stable qb for this team and the ability for this offence to sustain drives and to be able to put up points is a large upgrade compaired to the old team.

also in the game last year kyle boller got injured during the game forcing anthony wright to come in. wright had 3 turnover( 2 INTs and one Fumble lost). this was a further drop off for a struggling offence.

stover also played really bad going 0 for 3, leaving 9 points on the field.

the Wr.s are also better in my opinion. Mark clayton is a better player now and Demetrious(sp?) Williams gives a solid 3rd option.

on defense they really werent as strong as they now are. they werent as commfortable in their defence and i think the players on the team now are upgrades at cerain positions. i.e. Ngata, Pryce, Landry( i think so), Cmac( playing better) Thomas and Scott really playing well.

i think that the ravens team is much better but the colts team is still a great team. should be real fun to watch.

also Ogden does get owned be Freeney :lol: :(

yeah, this is important. the Ravens couldnt get that O going b/c of QB injury, Turnovers, missed FG, etc. then the colts jump out to a nice lead, then it game over, thats what games v Indy are all about. Not as likely to happen w/ McNair.

TheChampIsHere
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM

U wanna avatar bet ?

nah, hes right. 33-27 was the TOP, the Ravens had more.

If i remember right, the Ravens kept making drives and then blowing it in the red zone or stalling at the 50, missed FGs played a big role. These are things you absolutely cant do against the Colts.

on a side note, the Colts controlled the ball for 40 minutes against the Chiefs, a big reason why the Chiefs D fell apart in the 2nd half and why the lost. that Chief O was sad.

niel89
01-11-2007, 08:14 PM

U wanna avatar bet ?

nah, hes right. 33-27 was the TOP, the Ravens had more.

If i remember right, the Ravens kept making drives and then blowing it in the red zone or stalling at the 50, missed FGs played a big role. These are things you absolutely cant do against the Colts.

on a side note, the Colts controlled the ball for 40 minutes against the Chiefs, a big reason why the Chiefs D fell apart in the 2nd half and why the lost. that Chief O was sad.
damn boller :lol:

Ravens1991
01-11-2007, 10:02 PM
ok I made a mistake woops daisy but still our offense is better then it was when we had the game against the colts last time we played them, our stadium is also going to be pumped up because it is a team that most older fans hate, I cant wait til saturday it will be a good game

Star Wideout
01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.

Bohleive
01-11-2007, 10:18 PM

And Dwight Freeney owns Ogden on passing downs.

Oh really? Peyton has never really carved up our D. in '04 Boller cost us, in their dome, in '05 we were a different team: no Pryce, no Ngata, no Landry, 1st game in Rex's crazy ass system, 6-10 vs. 13-3 says it all.

As for Freeny and Ogden; Ogden got beat bad in the dome in '04 on a bum knee. Against Indy in '05 he gave up a whopping 0 sacks. Owns, I think not.
Freeny is built for the dome, they pump in that extra noise over the speakers so the tackles can't hear and the turf aids his speed. It's a different story in Baltimore, and i garuntee you Ogden will do worse things than 'owning' to Freeny on run plays Saturday.

TheChampIsHere
01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
this is the number 1 game im anticipating for this weekend, I cant wait to watch it. I have a strong feeling the Ravens will go all the way this year.

Dam8610
01-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.

Which would officially make that contract worth every penny.

Shiver
01-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Forecast for the game; RAINY. Even more reason to like the Ravens.

toonsterwu
01-12-2007, 03:03 AM
If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.

2drama
01-12-2007, 01:11 PM
If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.

the colt d gets man handle on sat
I expect a low scoring game- as the raven will try to keep manning off the pitch

Ravens1991
01-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I cant wait until tommorow

go_ravens94
01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
I cant wait until tommorow

GAME TIME!

01-13-2007, 10:58 AM
The Dolts did not really play great run d cause they only ran L.J 13 times. If they gave him the usaual 20+ carries he would have tore them up.
BTW this game will be a great rivalry for years to come.

01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
The Dolts did not really play great run d cause they only ran L.J 13 times. If they gave him the usaual 20+ carries he would have tore them up.

Judging by what? His two yard average on those 13 runs?

TheChampIsHere
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM

The Colts are a defense that gets easily worn down, they depend on the offense opening up a sizable lead in the 2nd half to stop teams from just putting it on the ground and grindin it out on em.

NittanyLion2k7
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Colts. They're just a better team, more leadership on both sides of the ball and a better coach and QB. That's where it counts. Bob Sanders back, expect a thrashing and Baltimore fans to cry all the way home with nostalgic memories of the original Baltimore franchise.

01-13-2007, 12:00 PM

The Colts are a defense that gets easily worn down, they depend on the offense opening up a sizable lead in the 2nd half to stop teams from just putting it on the ground and grindin it out on em.

I wouldn't say they get worn down easily. The reason they're better with a lead is because that forces teams to pass so they can just have Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back and get to the quarterback.

01-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Colts. They're just a better team, more leadership on both sides of the ball and a better coach and QB. That's where it counts. Bob Sanders back, expect a thrashing and Baltimore fans to cry all the way home with nostalgic memories of the original Baltimore franchise.
I really hate you. :evil:

steelersfan43
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I really hate you. :evil: :lol:

I have revised my prediction and I say 28 21 colts. colts are down 14 to 21 with 130 to go, peyton drives the colts down the feild and scores with 35 seconds left. ravens get the kickoff return it to the colts 40so they decide to try to get closer before they try to kick the feild goal to win it. steve mcnair drops back pumps right, looks left and throws it to heap on a 10 yard out, bob sanders picks it off and takes it back for a td with one second left. colts kick the extra point and stop the ravens on the kick return. :shock:

jkpigskin
01-13-2007, 01:03 PM

I have revised my prediction and I say 28 21 colts. colts are down 14 to 21 with 130 to go, peyton drives the colts down the feild and scores with 35 seconds left. ravens get the kickoff return it to the colts 40so they decide to try to get closer before they try to kick the feild goal to win it. steve mcnair drops back pumps right, looks left and throws it to heap on a 10 yard out, bob sanders picks it off and takes it back for a td with one second left. colts kick the extra point and stop the ravens on the kick return. :shock:

thats a bold prediction..... ill take you on it!

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Ravens win.
the defense is just too good.

01-13-2007, 01:18 PM

i hate you too.

2drama
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
don't fail me now raven

TheChampIsHere
01-13-2007, 04:19 PM

I wouldn't say they get worn down easily. The reason they're better with a lead is because that forces teams to pass so they can just have Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back and get to the quarterback.

that too, that is what their defense is best at doing. but you ask Freeney and Mathis to focus on playing run D all game and theyre not as good. Its rare the Colts ask their D to do this b/c usually their O jumps out to a big lead and forces teams to pass. But they will get worn down and start giving up big runs later in the game if their O doesnt keep them off the field and in the lead.

steelersfan43
01-13-2007, 05:03 PM

i hate you too.

:? :| :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Philliez01
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

your on
any one else

here coherently
ok?

deal if ravens beat the colts and if they lose a game after (yeah right) that i will not post for a week

deal

I should be collecting on my bet now.

PalmerToCJ
01-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Not surprising what happened tonight although I would've expected better numbers from Peyton given the victory.

I still expect the winner for SD/NE to go to the SB but wouldn't it be something if the Colts go after struggling so much at the end of the season.

Eaglez.Fan
01-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at yourself now

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Soooo......

Oaktown1981
01-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I think we will see another Pats, Indy Title game. Going into the playoffs everyone said the Colts didn't have a chance. I think this is their year. Colts , Saints SB. Colts win.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 06:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice call.

a-dub83
01-13-2007, 06:45 PM
that's the dagger!!!!!!!!! that's the dagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kudos to our Defense and Adam V because they won this game for us. It's not a fluke to all those pundits. This Colts D has come to play baby. Our offense better get it in gear because this kind of play won't fly against the Pats or Chargers.

sdpads24
01-13-2007, 06:45 PM
what a game, 7 field goals no TD's

robswinga
01-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I guess Peyton is glad he didnt have to play on both sides of the ball today..............

a-dub83
01-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I guess Peyton is glad he didnt have to play on both sides of the ball today..............

Yea, I understood his frustration at the time, but he shouldn't have made that comment because the D has carried his butt thus far. Anyhow, GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

TheChampIsHere
01-13-2007, 06:52 PM
well I said it all along, the real matchup wasnt the Raven D v Peyton Manning. I already knew what was gonna happen there. The real matchup was the Colt D v the Raven O and could the Ravens get going early, and more importantly, could they capitalize on opportunities...the answer was definitive NO. They couldnt convert 3rd downs, they got into Colt territory over and over and did not capitlize. They did not play with the sense of urgency you need against the Colts. and they lost. McNair, Billick, you gotta put up more than 6 points against the Colts. Great game by the Colts D but a sorry effort by the Ravens O. Pathetic.

01-13-2007, 07:09 PM

I think it's pretty damn official now. Vandershank might not have made a single one.

2drama
01-13-2007, 07:28 PM

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)

I'll take it.

:oops: :oops: :oops: good game
raven D showed up i was impressed
while O was not good enough
but i will honor my bet
i will not login or post begin from sunday jan -14-07 to jan 20 -2007 :cry: :cry: :cry:

the colts still suck
but i will root for tony D because he should have won with the Bucs

Dam8610
01-13-2007, 08:43 PM

I think it's pretty damn official now. Vandershank might not have made a single one.

Yeah, there's no doubt that he's earned every penny of his salary this year. Hopefully, he gives the Colts a whole lot more though.

njx9
01-13-2007, 08:47 PM
well at least 2drama was man enough to eat his crow. i wonder where all the other "indy has no chance" or "baltimore will kill them" folks are right now?

Dam8610
01-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I hope they keep showing up. It seems to be working so far.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-13-2007, 08:54 PM
McNair cost us a chance to advance, if Boller plays we win bottom line, and no Im not joking.

01-13-2007, 08:54 PM
They'll all be back next week saying that the Colts can't beat the Pats in the playoffs or that LT will run for 300 yards on them.

njx9
01-13-2007, 08:55 PM
McNair cost us a chance to advance, if Boller plays we win bottom line, and no Im not joking.

heh, kyle boller... you should've been here earlier in the year when i was arguing with a few people over who should've started at QB in baltimore.

Dam8610
01-13-2007, 08:55 PM
They'll all be back next week saying that the Colts can't beat the Pats in the playoffs or that LT will run for 300 yards on them.

I hope so.

Ravens1991
01-13-2007, 09:02 PM

heh, kyle boller... you should've been here earlier in the year when i was arguing with a few people over who should've started at QB in baltimore.

I am sure that all the Ravens fans who had McNair > Boller still would have kept it that way if they would have known how he would have played down the stretch, and I think that most of them would disagree w/ ERU about Boller playing.

Ravens1991
01-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Looking at the bright side Ogden held freeny to 0 tackles today.

01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Looking at the bright side Ogden held freeny to 0 tackles today.

That surprised me too. Freeney had dominated him in the past. That hold that they called on Ogden was bull too. He played great.

Ravens1991
01-13-2007, 09:45 PM
yea he came to play to bad about every other person on offense didnt, good game all you colts fans and good luck in the playoffs, This game was similar to the most recent colts game because it was basically the defense of the Ravens showed up and the offense could not score any points. Manning should have been picked 2 more times but Ravens players winded up running into each other, and if somebody told me the Colts would not have scored a TD I would have bet my life saving that the Ravens win this game.

01-13-2007, 09:46 PM
If Ray Lewis wasn't so good, the Ravens would have probably won.

Ravens1991
01-13-2007, 09:49 PM

I dont understand that he is one of the main reasons Billick is a NFL head coach now.

01-13-2007, 09:50 PM

I dont understand that he is one of the main reasons Billick is a NFL head coach now.

If he wasn't as good, he wouldn't have been there to tip away the two surefire INT's.

Ravens1991
01-13-2007, 09:52 PM
O yea good point, that is the thing, I think Billick could very well be gone, My uncle and cousins want him gone also. I believe if Billick didn't have Ozzie Newsome he would not be a NFL head coach.

bernbabybern820
01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
im telling you. the saints and colts are destined to meet in the superbowl

TheChampIsHere
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
its definetely time for a new OC in Baltimore. That D is ridiculous, but the O needs work still. they get that O together they could be in the superbowl next year.

Shiver
01-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Let's just say I am surprised. I couldn't have imagined, prior to, that Baltimore would lose this game. At least this killed the 'Steve McNair brought balance to the team,' mumbo jumbo. The only good thing for the Ravens is it clearly reminded everyone how when it comes to Safeties, it's Ed Reed number one, everyone else. No one, and I mean no one could have seen this defensive revival coming.

Namy
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
So I thought the Ravens would win but hoped that the Colts would win (thereby ultimately creating a win-win situation for me). I'm glad for the Colts. Altho Manning is sucking it up, the defense has really taken the criticism constructively and are surprising teams. Next week won't be so easy tho. Either the Pats or Chargers will be more prepared offensively for the Colts speedy D.

Ravens1991
01-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Let's just say I am surprised. I couldn't have imagined, prior to, that Baltimore would lose this game. At least this killed the 'Steve McNair brought balance to the team,' mumbo jumbo. The only good thing for the Ravens is it clearly reminded everyone how when it comes to Safeties, it's Ed Reed number one, everyone else. No one, and I mean no one could have seen this defensive revival coming.

I assume you have seen McNairs to worst games DEN and against INDY, After Fassell got out of Baltimore he has shown he can get Baltimore more balanced than we have been since Trent Dilfer.

its definetely time for a new OC in Baltimore. That D is ridiculous, but the O needs work still. they get that O together they could be in the superbowl next year.

The thing is in the begining of the season we cut Fassell who was a horrible play calling then Billick took over the play calling and we looked decent until saturday.