PDA

View Full Version : Way Early Mock, but what the hell

mittelstaedt2007
08-22-2007, 02:49 AM
1. Minnesota Vikings- Andre Woodson: QB, simpled trend of the QB with the most upside going ahead of the ready QB, in this case Brohm.

2. Miami Dolphins- Jake Long:OT, The anemic phins Offense will struggle so long as they are weak on the line, and a frachise tackle is a step in the right direction.

3. Atlanta Falcons- Brian Brohm: QB, was there ever a more perfect situation than this other than the high pick, it's suddenly looking like louisville in atlanta.

4. Dallas Cowboys(f/Cle)- Darren McFadden: RB, the overall top prospect in the draft slips due to need, but da Boys get the best RB prospect in at least 5 years.

5. Oakland Raiders- Sam Baker: OT, the next step in rebuilding a franchise is the blind side tackle and this is just that step.

6. Houston Texans- Kenny Phillips: DB, the Texans again miss out on the tackle they need, but they get a very good addition to their secondary.

7. Detroit Lions- Calais Campbell: DE, so they missed out on Gaines Adams, they get a better prospect than "Super" Mario Williams and 6 picks later at that.

8. Buffalo Bills-Glenn Dorsey: DT, Dan Connors is the obvious choice for the PSU connection in Buffalo, but Dorsey is the top player available and you can neverhave too many big boys up the gut.

9. Washington Redskins- Dan Connors: LB, outside of Rocky McIntosh, the Skins ain't got a whole lot at linebacker, Connor and LL will bolster one of the strongest Defenses in the league a few years down the line.

10. New York Giants- Michael Oher: OT, after ditching Luke Petigout this past offseason, the Giants will realize their mistake after Eli eats a sunday brunch of turf week in and week out.

11. New England Patriots(f/SF)- James Laurinaitis: ILB, not sold on the Niners this year and the Pats won't mind, they get an "Animal" up the gut for the 3-4.

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Frank Okam: DT, the Bucs are suddenly on the defensive surge, and this once aging group is shaping up quite nicely again.

13. Tennes..Vince Young- Desean Jackson: WR, VY is incredible but his weapons compare to that of 1 legged man in an ass-kicking contest, not very good. DJ will easily become the Titans #1.

14. Arizona Cardinals- Quentin Groves: DE/OLB, the best hybrid in this draft goes to the Cards who will at some point switch to the 3-4 base D.

15. Carolina Panthers- Martellus Bennett: TE, the Panthers have never had a playmaking tight end, and they finally get one after years getting zilch from that positon.

16. Green Bay Packers- Terrell Thomas: CB, the Packers defense continues its climb towards the upper echelon with the edition of TT. Immediately steps in as the heir to Al Harris or Charles Woodson.

17. New York Jets- Chris Long: DE/DT, the Jets drop off a bit in my opinion this year, but Long will put them right on track. Perfect measures as a 3-4 DE.

18. Kansas City- Antoine Cason: CB, Patrick Surtain and Ty Law are in a word...OLD. Cason is a terrific corner that can step in when one of these guys finally moves on.

19. Cincinnati Bengals- Gosder Cherilus: OT, how much longer can Willie Anderson play at an elite level, who knows but Cherilus immediately adds some depth to that Bengals line and gives them a future tackle at either end.

20. Dallas Cowboys- Early Doucet: WR, TO and Glenn are beginning to age and a possible star at wideout is needed sooner or later. Between Doucet and McFadden, God will have quite the show to look down on in Big D.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars- Derrick Harvey: DE, the Jags have the best DT combo in the NFL (sorry Williams' in Minne) however they lack a superior pass rusher, Harvey fills that need.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers- Limas Sweed: WR, the Steelers already have a solid WR core in Ward, Holmes, and Heath, but Ward is aging and Sweed has the height they have been missing since Plaxico skipped town.

23. Seattle Seahawks- Steve Slaton: RB, Shaun Alexander is at the bad age for a running back and someone outside of Maurice Morris is needed to eventually fill his shoes.

24. Denver Broncos- Jasper Brinkley: ILB, will allow DJ williams to move back outside where he can roam free, plus his added size will help a lot in run support.

25. St. Louis Rams- Sedrick Ellis: DT, do the Rams really dare take another tackle, yes but in doing so they allow Adam Carriker back outside where he can become a force in the pass rush.

26. Baltimore Ravens- Erik Ainge: QB, possbily a top 10 pick pending his this year's campaign, is not a product of the system like Brennan, he is just the franchise QB the Ravens have always been looking for.

27. Philadelphia Eagles- Adarius Bowman: WR, year after year the experts pick the Eagles to grab more wideout help for McNabb, and year after year they are proven wrong. I figure they got to be right one of these years.

28. San Francisco 49ers(f/IND)- Aqib Talib: CB, as good as Walt Harris has been, he most likely will not continue to play at that level for very long, Talib is their man. He and Nate Clements will be a tremendous duo.

29. New England Patriots- John Carlson: TE, the Patriots seem to always have a flurry of 1st round picks and this second pick allows them to select a tight end in the first round again.

30. New Orleans Saints- Keith Rivers: LB, they were about to take AJ Hawk last year before they got the nice gift of Reggie Bush, but this year is different and Rivers immediately starts in that overachieving LB core.

31. Chicago Bears- Jonathon Goff: LB, Lance Briggs is g-o-n-e at the end of the year and they are gonna need someone to step into his roll, and Goff is it.

32. San Diego Chargers- Jonathon Stewart: RB, this team has really no area of need, but with Michael Turner set to cash in big time on the market, the Chargers are gonna be in need of LT's new towel boy.

PACKmanN
08-22-2007, 02:57 AM
I would prefer Justin King over Terrell Thomas. The Chargers could draft Vince Hall.

Sniper
08-22-2007, 03:41 AM
4. Dallas Cowboys(f/Cle)- Darren McFadden: RB, the overall top prospect in the draft slips due to need, but da Boys get the best RB prospect in at least 5 years.

Reggie Bush says hi.

9. Washington Redskins- Dan Connors: LB, outside of Rocky McIntosh, the Skins ain't got a whole lot at linebacker, Connor and LL will bolster one of the strongest Defenses in the league a few years down the line.

Dan Connor, not Connors.

10. New York Giants- Michael Oher: OT, after ditching Luke Petigout this past offseason, the Giants will realize their mistake after Eli eats a sunday brunch of turf week in and week out.

Not top 10.

11. New England Patriots(f/SF)- James Laurinaitis: ILB, not sold on the Niners this year and the Pats won't mind, they get an "Animal" up the gut for the 3-4.

Not a 3-4 backer.

16. Green Bay Packers- Terrell Thomas: CB, the Packers defense continues its climb towards the upper echelon with the edition of TT. Immediately steps in as the heir to Al Harris or Charles Woodson.

No way TT goes this high unless King, Flowers, Ikegwuonu, Jenkins don't declare. Antoine Cason is better than TT.

23. Seattle Seahawks- Steve Slaton: RB, Shaun Alexander is at the bad age for a running back and someone outside of Maurice Morris is needed to eventually fill his shoes.

IMO Slaton is not a first rounder.

26. Baltimore Ravens- Erik Ainge: QB, possbily a top 10 pick pending his this year's campaign, is not a product of the system like Brennan, he is just the franchise QB the Ravens have always been looking for.

Not a first rounder

27. Philadelphia Eagles- Adarius Bowman: WR, year after year the experts pick the Eagles to grab more wideout help for McNabb, and year after year they are proven wrong. I figure they got to be right one of these years.

We need LB help, not WR as much. .

32. San Diego Chargers- Jonathon Stewart: RB, this team has really no area of need, but with Michael Turner set to cash in big time on the market, the Chargers are gonna be in need of LT's new towel boy. JonathAn Stewart will not be drafted by the Chargers. No one takes a backup RB in the first round.

See comments. And Phonics.

trkaline
08-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Why would Baltimore draft another QB in the first round when we just drafted Troy Smith last year?

Caddy
08-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Why would Baltimore draft another QB in the first round when we just drafted Troy Smith last year?

Smith is a 5th round QB. He is hardly going to prevent the Ravens taking a QB in the 1st round next year. Maybe the Bucs should avoid all first round QB's, we do have Gradkowski.

Caddy
08-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Personally, I'd rather Desean Jackson over Frank Okam.

trkaline
08-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Smith is a 5th round QB. He is hardly going to prevent the Ravens taking a QB in the 1st round next year. Maybe the Bucs should avoid all first round QB's, we do have Gradkowski.

Yea it is 5 in the morning I forgot Smith was a 5th rounder...

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Cason instead of Thomas please

OhioState
08-22-2007, 09:38 AM
James Laurinaitis will not get picked by a 3-4 team. Ideally he plays OLB in a 4-3 not ILB in a 3-4

neko4
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Cason over THomas
No colt??? If i remeber correctly Kolb and Beck are system QB's but were drafted in the 2nd, Colt is better than both so i believe he can drafted higher than both, IMO

Scotty D
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
If Campbell is a better prospect that Mario Williams he isn't going to go at 7.

thebow305
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
don't like us picking that early, but it's a good pick anyway.

thebow305
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
If Campbell is a better prospect that Mario Williams he isn't going to go at 7.

Agreed. He is a better prospect and absolutely dwarfs Mario's athleticism. He will be a top 5 pick. Maybe even top 3.

bills_red
08-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Love the Bills pick

Man_Of_Steel
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Woodson 1st overall...No.

To the Steelers pick they wont take a WR, they have great potential on the roster already aside from Ward and Holmes. Also they dont really need a big WR for the redzone, our TE are 6'5, 6'7 and 6'9 and we are going to be running alot of two TE sets with Miller and Spaeth. More than likley the Steelers will go o-line, corner, linebacker.

23trufant
08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Good Seahawks pick if Alexander can not bounce back.

PalmerToCJ
08-22-2007, 09:21 PM
If Levi Jones and Willie Anderson went down we have two very young and very good backups that could step in and take their spot while playing at a high level.... Andrew Whitworth and Stacy Andrews so OL won't be first round void of some unforeseen circumstance.

OLB seems most likely at this point, DE if/when Justin Smith leaves unless Frostee Rucker shows something or David Pollack comes back to team up with Rucker then DT we need a UT but Marvin never seems to be interested in early DT's so I'm not sure we go that route.

P-L
08-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Agreed. He is a better prospect and absolutely dwarfs Mario's athleticism. He will be a top 5 pick. Maybe even top 3.

You have got to be kidding me with that comment. Do you know how athletic Mario Williams is? Well, he's 6'7" 295 with a 4.71 40, 35 bench reps, a 40.5" vertical, a 10' broad jump, 4.37 shuttle, and 7.2 cone drill. That is absolutely unheard of for a man that size. Campbell may come close to those numbers, hell he may even match them. But he doesn't and won't "dwarf" them. Mario Williams is pound for pound one of the most athletically gifted players to ever play football.

People take Mario Williams' struggles as a rookie too seriously and ignore how good of a prospect he really was. Right now, Calais Campbell is not a superior prospect. He only has one year of production and needs to produce as a junior like Mario did before he is considered a better prospect. Remember Mario got 13 sacks and 20 TFL loss in his junior year and people thought he was better than his numbers indicated. If Calais can put up big time numbers and match Mario's athleticism then I'll agree he is a superior prospect. Until then, Mario remains one of the top two DE prospects in NFL history.

thebow305
08-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Woodson 1st overall...No.

To the Steelers pick they wont take a WR, they have great potential on the roster already aside from Ward and Holmes. Also they dont really need a big WR for the redzone, our TE are 6'5, 6'7 and 6'9 and we are going to be running alot of two TE sets with Miller and Spaeth. More than likley the Steelers will go o-line, corner, linebacker.

Yeah like you know what will happen on draft day. How do you know Woodson won't go first overall to the Vikings, I say there's a good chance of it as of right now, still a year away from the draft and as good a chance as there is right now. I hate it when people make stupid ignorant comments like this.

thebow305
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
You have got to be kidding me with that comment. Do you know how athletic Mario Williams is? Well, he's 6'7" 295 with a 4.71 40, 35 bench reps, a 40.5" vertical, a 10' broad jump, 4.37 shuttle, and 7.2 cone drill. That is absolutely unheard of for a man that size. Campbell may come close to those numbers, hell he may even match them. But he doesn't and won't "dwarf" them. Mario Williams is pound for pound one of the most athletically gifted players to ever play football.

People take Mario Williams' struggles as a rookie too seriously and ignore how good of a prospect he really was. Right now, Calais Campbell is not a superior prospect. He only has one year of production and needs to produce as a junior like Mario did before he is considered a better prospect. Remember Mario got 13 sacks and 20 TFL loss in his junior year and people thought he was better than his numbers indicated. If Calais can put up big time numbers and match Mario's athleticism then I'll agree he is a superior prospect. Until then, Mario remains one of the top two DE prospects in NFL history.

Ok ok ok.... let's not get ahead of ourselves here my friend. I dont know where you got those magical 13 sacks from in his junior season. He accumulated a mind-boggling 4.5 sacks his junior season, his last at n.c. recording 62 total tackles with 24 tackles for lossand 15 hurries, As a junior. Keep that in mind, with also starting his sophomore season and seeing significant time as a freshman as well. Calais only has one full year starting under his belt, his sophomore season, where he accumulated 80 tackles, 20 for a loss, 10.5 sacks, and 16 hurries. He is 6'8" 282 pounds. I don't know what I said that doesn't make him the superior prospect, other than the fact you may have a man-crush on Mario, that is blinding you from the truth. Calais was the best defensive player on a Miami defense that returns the top defensive back in the country and also saw two first rounders drafted this year. Calais saw a shaky lineup and was the only constant performer on the dline last year, whereas Mario had Manny Lawson on the other side drawing attention, who, by the way, was also a first rounder. Hmmm... do you remember also two guys named John McCargo and Tank Tyler? They helped him a lil too I believe. Believe what you want to believe, Calais is the superior prospect, he proved that in only ONE year starting and will prove it for sure this year. The only obstacle I see for him in not getting drafted is that no team, except the Houston Texans is dumb enough to take a DE number one overall. It would not be a DUMB decision though this year, because Calais would be worth it. Hopefully the skins are there, because I'm sure they would pull the trigger! :D

Modano
08-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Ok ok ok.... let's not get ahead of ourselves here my friend. I dont know where you got those magical 13 sacks from in his junior season. He accumulated a mind-boggling 4.5 sacks his junior season, his last at n.c. recording 62 total tackles with 24 tackles for lossand 15 hurries, As a junior. Keep that in mind, with also starting his sophomore season and seeing significant time as a freshman as well. Calais only has one full year starting under his belt, his sophomore season, where he accumulated 80 tackles, 20 for a loss, 10.5 sacks, and 16 hurries. He is 6'8" 282 pounds. I don't know what I said that doesn't make him the superior prospect, other than the fact you may have a man-crush on Mario, that is blinding you from the truth. Calais was the best defensive player on a Miami defense that returns the top defensive back in the country and also saw two first rounders drafted this year. Calais saw a shaky lineup and was the only constant performer on the dline last year, whereas Mario had Manny Lawson on the other side drawing attention, who, by the way, was also a first rounder. Hmmm... do you remember also two guys named John McCargo and Tank Tyler? They helped him a lil too I believe. Believe what you want to believe, Calais is the superior prospect, he proved that in only ONE year starting and will prove it for sure this year. The only obstacle I see for him in not getting drafted is that no team, except the Houston Texans is dumb enough to take a DE number one overall. It would not be a DUMB decision though this year, because Calais would be worth it. Hopefully the skins are there, because I'm sure they would pull the trigger! :D

Hmm, you're wrong, I guess you took your stats from Wikipedia. Infact, Mario in his junior year had 62 tackles, 24.5 tackles for loss and 14.5 sacks

source: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10290&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10290

And I think that your statement (in bold) is more stupid than the Houston Texans. DE (pass rusher) is probably the most important position on defense, and is way more important than RB on offense. A DE, if so gifted as Mario, is without any doubt worth the 1st overall pick.
But the Dolphins were smarter to take a PR with the 9th overall pick, uh?

T-RICH49
08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
18. Kansas City- Antoine Cason: CB, Patrick Surtain and Ty Law are in a word...OLD. Cason is a terrific corner that can step in when one of these guys finally moves on.

TERRIFIC PICK!!! :D

thebow305
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Hmm, you're wrong, I guess you took your stats from Wikipedia. Infact, Mario in his junior year had 62 tackles, 24.5 tackles for loss and 14.5 sacks

source: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10290&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10290

And I think that your statement (in bold) is more stupid than the Houston Texans. DE (pass rusher) is probably the most important position on defense, and is way more important than RB on offense. A DE, if so gifted as Mario, is without any doubt worth the 1st overall pick.
But the Dolphins were smarter to take a PR with the 9th overall pick, uh?

Uhhhh yeah. Because he was also the second best reciever and most explosive player in the draft. Not to mention being the fastest player in the NFL from Day 1. Oh yeah, or we could've taken garbage Brady Quinn who couldn't hit water if he fell out of boat. Ginn is a playmaker, that's why we took him. Don't talk like you know when you obviously don't.

And yes I did get it from Wikipedia... but even so, Calais still had only 4 less sacks and still ended up with 18 more tackle with much less starting experience. Did you not pay attention to anything I said? I think Lawson, Tyler, and McCargo were also pretty big contributors on that line. Yeah, Mario didn't have any help at all.... ***eyes rolling***

And DE is not more important than RB AND QB.... when that RB happened to be Reggie Bush. And then Vince Young was offensive rookie of year and now on the cover of Madden. Great choice Houston, great choice. Heck, Mario didn't even show up until halfway though the season. haha

neko4
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Uhhhh yeah. Because he was also the second best reciever and most explosive player in the draft. Not to mention being the fastest player in the NFL from Day 1. Oh yeah, or we could've taken garbage Brady Quinn who couldn't hit water if he fell out of boat. Ginn is a playmaker, that's why we took him. Don't talk like you know when you obviously don't.

And yes I did get it from Wikipedia... but even so, Calais still had only 4 less sacks and still ended up with 18 more tackle with much less starting experience. Did you not pay attention to anything I said? I think Lawson, Tyler, and McCargo were also pretty big contributors on that line. Yeah, Mario didn't have any help at all.... ***eyes rolling***

And DE is not more important than RB AND QB.... when that RB happened to be Reggie Bush. And then Vince Young was offensive rookie of year and now on the cover of Madden. Great choice Houston, great choice. Heck, Mario didn't even show up until halfway though the season. haha

Guys faster than Ginn..
Jerome Mathis
Darren Sproles
Yamon Figurs
DeAngelo Hall

Anyway, Texans had a bigger need at DE at the time. They had Domanick Williams (who had a couple of 1,000 yard seasons) and Ron Dayne(showed flashes of his days at Wis while with DEN). Doesnt sound like a lot, but it was way better than their DL situation. Also at QB David Carr still looked promising at the time and it was the OL that was lacking, not Carr.

But hey have fun with John Beck! Im sure he'll do way better than Quinn

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
hahaha.powned.
also good Oakland pick.

Scotty D
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM

I don't believe he was the second best "receiver". I think he is a mediocre receiver.

I'm pretty sure he isn't the fastest player in the NFL. You can't prove it and therefore it really shouldn't be used in your argument.

Did you miss Brady Quinn's debut?

I firmly believe DE is more important that RB even a guy like Reggie Bush. General managers just don't value RB's. Having a good O line is more important.

thebow305
08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't believe he was the second best "receiver". I think he is a mediocre receiver.

I'm pretty sure he isn't the fastest player in the NFL. You can't prove it and therefore it really shouldn't be used in your argument.

Did you miss Brady Quinn's debut?

I firmly believe DE is more important that RB even a guy like Reggie Bush. General managers just don't value RB's. Having a good O line is more important.

No I saw Brady's debut...

Congrats on throwing 155 or so yards and 2 td's against the Lions 4th string defense. A good majority of guys that were on the field when he was probably won't even make the team. Maybe the practice squad. So I applaud his useless efforts.

Ginn ran in the mid 4-3's with an ankle that was around 65-70%, I'd say the dude can fly. Hester and Champ Bailey are the only one that really rival him at this point.

DE is a very important position, I don't dispute that. But when there are such great offensive playmakers such as Vince Young (a hometown guy at that), and THE reggie bush, one of the biggest offensive playmakers to come out of college in the last decade, you have to take them. Defensive Ends come around all the time, special talents like Reggie don't. I made this argument back then and I still hold it today. The best Mario Williams will be is Julius Peppers, the best Reggie could possibly be... Gale Sayers. Enough Said. Especially when the Texans were not the offensive juggernaut to begin with, their defense was already alright, but the offense was terrible. Not to mention Mario wasn't even their best draftee on that side of the ball last year.

thebow305
08-23-2007, 04:55 PM
right... i mean, the panthers could have joey harrington right now instead of peppers. what a bunch of utter idiots. why would anyone ever take a DE at the top of the draft?

you do realize that in every single post you've made in this thread, you've made numerous errors, utterly failed to display any iota of logic and basically added absolutely nothing of relevance or interest to this thread? i mean, you couldn't even figure out that wikipedia might not be better than, say, a football site to find a player's stats. then again "don't talk like you know when you obviously don't" is a strong argument. it's hard to dispute. except that you listed basically nothing of relevance and have instead resorted to the "HAHAHAHA! I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE DUMB FOR THINKING WHATEVER DUMB THINGS YOU THINK!!!" arguments. which is pathetic. i mean, why even post to a football board if that is the extent of your ability to discuss anything? whatever. enough feeding the troll.

I haven't decided yet if you even deserve a response from me. But here it does anyway:

Who could have known Joey would be as bad as he was, and I'm still a believer he was just a product of how bad the Lions were for the last couple of years around him. They tried to help him out by drafting 3 wideouts in the first round during his tenure.... two of them ended up as big time busts and one's a pro-bowler. Just one. All the other talent around him was either inconsistent or injury prone. He showed strides of improvement as a Dolphin last year and will continue that in Atlanta this year I believe. But overall, I know you are not saying to me that Defensive End is more important than Quarterback? Julius Peppers worked out, but did Courtney Brown? Answer me that. The draft is a crapshoot and anything can happen but overall if you're team needs a QB and you take DE, that you don't absolutely need, it's a bad decision. And what did they do in the offseason, they had to trade for a QB, while the QB they could've had was being named offensive rookie of the year and taking his number 3 worst team in the NFL from the previous year, right into playoff contention.

This whole arguement wasn't really supposed to be towards dissing Mario Williams, because I acutally loved Mario Williams as a prospect. I am just debating that I believe Calais Campbell, when all is said and done this year, will end up being the better prospect. And to support that, I told you how close their numbers were with Calais edging him out in tackles but losing out in the sack total only by four when he had a lot less actual starting time and playing experience than Mario Williams did. That was my reasoning. How dare you say I gave you nothing but nonsense about saying I was right and he was wrong. I never said that, I just backed my opinions and added a haha on the end just as a smirk towards how slow the number one overall pick started off last year. And all you could do was critisize me with no reasoning behind it at all. My logic was there, where was yours?

Sniper
08-23-2007, 05:17 PM
By the way thebow where do you get this crap that Ginn was the second best receiver? From a receiver standpoint there were 4-5 guys I'd take in a heartbeat ahead of Ginn. Jarrett, Meachem, Bowe, Rice, Gonzalez, Steve Smith. There's 6 right there off the top of my head. Ginn isn't that good of a receiver.

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
How often does a 6-7 295 DE with 4.7 speed, 40+ inch vert, 35 reps of 225, fantastic production against both the pass and run, come along? All the time? I must have missed all these guys. They took a DE they didn't absolutely need when they needed a QB? They just resigned their #1 overall pick QB to a 3 year extension. Do you know who is starting opposite Williams? Anthony Weaver, and behind Mario is Jason Babin. Yes those are some studs at the most important position on defense. So they had the QB that just got an extension, a 1000 yard rusher than just got an extension, and crap at DE, but they clearly shouldn't have gone with the guy with the talent to be the greatest DE ever (not Peppers, more like Bruce Smith/Reggie White). Campbell's athleticism is going to trump Williams? How is he going to do that when he runs close to a 4.9 and doesn't have as high of a vert, and won't get close to that 35 rep number either.

thebow305
08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
How often does a 6-7 295 DE with 4.7 speed, 40+ inch vert, 35 reps of 225, fantastic production against both the pass and run, come along? All the time? I must have missed all these guys. They took a DE they didn't absolutely need when they needed a QB? They just resigned their #1 overall pick QB to a 3 year extension. Do you know who is starting opposite Williams? Anthony Weaver, and behind Mario is Jason Babin. Yes those are some studs at the most important position on defense. So they had the QB that just got an extension, a 1000 yard rusher than just got an extension, and crap at DE, but they clearly shouldn't have gone with the guy with the talent to be the greatest DE ever (not Peppers, more like Bruce Smith/Reggie White). Campbell's athleticism is going to trump Williams? How is he going to do that when he runs close to a 4.9 and doesn't have as high of a vert, and won't get close to that 35 rep number either.

I meant pass-rushers come around very often. Gaines Adams and Jarvis Moss were only a shade under Mario as pass rushers this year, and next year with Calais, Groves, Blake, Gholston, etc.... there is places to get great pass rushers without passing on two unbelievable talents liek Reggie and Vince who could've helped the Texans much more than Mario did last year... Bottom line. Vince and Reggie led the Texans and Saints respectively, (not on their own of course, but were big contributors) back into playoff contention, when both of them were just as bad as the Texans the year before. what did Mario do for them last year, nothing. Maybe he will end up being grea. But as of now, it looks like a bad decision, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe Ginn wasn't the second best reciever, but he was the second biggest playmaker in the entire draft behind Calvin, that's debatable though, it's jsut how I feel, we will see. It's so hard to debate this now because it's so early yet, you guys can think what you think I will think how I want.

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I meant pass-rushers come around very often. Gaines Adams and Jarvis Moss were only a shade under Mario as pass rushers this year, and next year with Calais, Groves, Blake, Gholston, etc.... there is places to get great pass rushers without passing on two unbelievable talents liek Reggie and Vince who could've helped the Texans much more than Mario did last year... Bottom line. Vince and Reggie led the Texans and Saints respectively, (not on their own of course, but were big contributors) back into playoff contention, when both of them were just as bad as the Texans the year before. what did Mario do for them last year, nothing. Maybe he will end up being grea. But as of now, it looks like a bad decision, that's all I'm saying.

And RBs and QBs don't come around just as often? Over the last 10 years there have been 7 DEs taken in the top 5, 9 RBs and 12 QBs. The distance between Mario Williams and the DEs is just as big if not bigger than the gaps between Bush/Young and the RBs/QBs to follow. There are places to get RBs/QBs without passing on an unbelievable prospect like Mario Williams.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Ginn is slow compared to Fabio.

HoopsDemon12
08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I like the bills pick.. our interior line is lackign in depth and we need playmakers.... although McCargo may still develop into the player they thought he would be when they drafted him