PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates

PalmerToCJ
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Eric Henderson to IR: This sucks, I thought he was showing flashes of being a playmaker at LB. This does however likely allow Earl Everett to make the team, I was impressed with him the first game.

Robert Geathers: His rib injury looks like it'll hold him out until the opener, IMO this isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't linger.

Levi Jones: Could play this Monday, either way he's practicing and it looks promising we'll have him for the opener which IMO means the Willie injury won't have a big impact. Andrews or Whitworth at RT is still a good situation.

Chris Perry: He's finally being talked about again, still rehabbing. It now seems uncertain whether or not he'll open the year on the PUP which is good news. Honestly though I expect him to in order for Quincy Wilson to make the team as an emergency backup for Rudi and it wouldn't hurt Perry to have extra time to get healthy.

Haven't heard anything on Willie lately, not sure when to expect him.

I'm also hearing that Keiwan might be a goner when they cut to 53. I could see it happening.

themaninblack
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
the henderson thing is really disappointing, i think shaun smith may be right about him being the next adalius thomas, hes gonna be a good player for us in the future. i expect geathers to play week 1 but who knows. having levi back is absolutely huge because he is our best lineman IMO. having chris would also be a huge plus.

PalmerToCJ
08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
lol and Marvin has surgery to repair tendons in his ankle.... From Bengals.com:

"After practice, Chad Johnson theorized Lewis got hurt trying to cover him."

In more serious news, JJ should start at CB Monday and Levi practiced for his second straight day so hopefully he'll start as well.

Looks like if Levi is healthy for Baltimore then the Oline will be:

LT - Levi Jones
LG - Stacy Andrews
C - Eric Ghiaciuc
RG - Bobbie Williams
RT - Scott Kooistra

....Whitworth would be our super backup I suppose.